Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=285 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:13 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
inga
post Oct 8 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #286

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 7 2007, 06:44 PM) *
Doug is free to spend his salary on whatever he wants after his portion of tithe is paid, of course. Same goes for Mark Finley whom I will guess makes much more than Danny or Doug.

The Seventh-day Adventist ministerial pay scale being what it is, it is highly unlikely that Mark Finley makes more than Danny or Doug, Appletree's guessing notwithstanding.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Oct 8 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #287

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 7 2007, 07:54 PM) *
But it is not hte same. I don't mind giving credit where credit is due. Danny, Linda, and Kenny poured themselves into that ministry to get it started. Even though at this point Danny discredits those who helped him up this ladder, it doesn't dminish his part still, and it is a compeltely "independent" minsitry. ... There is too much talk of 3ABN falling down to the ground if Danny is not at it's head, even if less visible.

PDi the following crossed my mind... uhm.gif has anyone considered that Danny refuses to acknowledge the contribution the others have made in building 3abn into a world wide ministry because by doing so he will likely have to answer questions about what they are doing now and/or why they are no longer a part of said ministry?

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 8 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #288

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Well, that is awfully stupid. Everyone knows where they are and what they are doing. but then again, Sis, you maybe right. At this point, I don't put anything past him. He actually thought that "spiritual adultery" would fly......then again, it did with far too many.
QUOTE(Seraphim7 @ Oct 8 2007, 08:18 PM) *
PDi the following crossed my mind... uhm.gif has anyone considered that Danny refuses to acknowledge the contribution the others have made in building 3abn into a world wide ministry because by doing so he will likely have to answer questions about what they are doing now and/or why they are no longer a part of said ministry?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Dallas
post Oct 8 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #289

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 4,356

OK I've scanned some of what was said about my last post, since I don't have the time to keep up with this on a daily basis as some do I don’t have the time to read all the stuff.

1) Everyone is asking for Proof of Danny's having "Biblical" grounds for divorce!!
Take it to court, that will get all the documents of both sides on the table!

2) People are worried about the "child molestation" if it didn't not happen at 3ABN, 3ABN is not responsible! This “offender” is gone from 3ABN unless there is an allegation of something happening while he was at 3ABN let it drop!!

3) The board can look into the past, however by law they must keep personal findings private and if it doesn’t match what you believe the truth is, you will cry cover up!! The only way that you will not cry “cover up” is if everything is made public! When it comes to some of these personal issues, the board would be liable if they made everything public. So lets see, how could we get everything public so that everyone would know the truth? Hey I got an idea, lets go to court, that way everyone has to lay their cards on the table and no one on the board has to get suede for liable or slandering someone’s name.

4) The whole IRS issue trust me, if the IRS found any wrong doings they would have shut down 3ABN already if the IRS things goes to court, we will find out who if any did something wrong, it will be documented so we will all know the truth. Of course that will happen after it goes to court!

Pickle
Let me assure you and anyone reading this thread I have caught you first hand in a lie I am the eyewitness to yours!! You state and I quote: “Let me add that I do not appreciate your insinuation that I have things that can bring down and topple 3ABN.” When you called me to talk to Jim the only reason that you were given a number that Jim could be reached at was; that you insisted that you needed to talk to him before that Friday or there would be repercussions in court that would close 3ABN well that Friday has come and gone, obviously from your post Jim didn’t do what you wanted. Yet 3ABN is still operating? That alone and the post you have continue to make shows me that the entire truth is not in you! So if you are “stretching the truth” about that, what other truth have you stretched?” I am reminded of a serpent in a tree that told just enough truth to make the story believable yet when you inject one small lie into the truth, what does it become?

Just for the record, I was not insinuating that you had something that could “bring 3ABN down” I was just quoting you via our phone conversation!

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 8 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #290

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Dallas @ Oct 8 2007, 10:08 PM) *
suede for liable or slandering someone’s name.

4) The whole IRS issue trust me, if the IRS found any wrong doings they would have shut down 3ABN already if the IRS things goes to court, we will find out who if any did something wrong, it will be documented so we will all know the truth. Of course that will happen after it goes to court!

Pickle
Let me assure you and anyone reading this thread I have caught you first hand in a lie I am the eyewitness to yours!! You state and I quote: “Let me add that I do not appreciate your insinuation that I have things that can bring down and topple 3ABN.” When you called me to talk to Jim the only reason that you were given a number that Jim could be reached at was; that you insisted that you needed to talk to him before that Friday or there would be repercussions in court that would close 3ABN well that Friday has come and gone, obviously from your post Jim didn’t do what you wanted. Yet 3ABN is still operating? That alone and the post you have continue to make shows me that the entire truth is not in you! So if you are “stretching the truth” about that, what other truth have you stretched?” I am reminded of a serpent in a tree that told just enough truth to make the story believable yet when you inject one small lie into the truth, what does it become?

Just for the record, I was not insinuating that you had something that could “bring 3ABN down” I was just quoting you via our phone conversation!

BTW, people are not ever sued for "liable." The law does not support that sort bufoonery. (Although some BSDA posters of the past have used that term ad nauseum in a context singular to the maliciously litigous side of false "christian" televangelism.)

From the point where the IRS begins a criminal investigation, to the point where the final action is taken, is often a number of years. Also, the reaction to what is brought to a court of law on a particular Friday, will many times arrive at it's final solution months, or years later. You have most certainly NOT caught Bob in a lie there, Dallas, and we of course know that. If you are told that if you don't file your taxes or extentions by the end of April 15 there will be penalties, and on April 20 you have not yet been slapped with penalties after failing to file, have you caught the IRS in a lie? Of course not!

This post has been edited by beartrap: Oct 9 2007, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Oct 8 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #291

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

".....unless there is an allegation of something happening while he was at 3ABN let it drop!! "

WHAT - so he can go some place else and do my boys? bangin.gif

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Oct 9 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #292

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Dallas @ Oct 9 2007, 01:08 AM) *
OK I've scanned some of what was said about my last post, since I don't have the time to keep up with this on a daily basis as some do I don’t have the time to read all the stuff.

1) Everyone is asking for Proof of Danny's having "Biblical" grounds for divorce!!
Take it to court, that will get all the documents of both sides on the table!

2) People are worried about the "child molestation" if it didn't not happen at 3ABN, 3ABN is not responsible! This “offender” is gone from 3ABN unless there is an allegation of something happening while he was at 3ABN let it drop!!

3) The board can look into the past, however by law they must keep personal findings private and if it doesn’t match what you believe the truth is, you will cry cover up!! The only way that you will not cry “cover up” is if everything is made public! When it comes to some of these personal issues, the board would be liable if they made everything public. So lets see, how could we get everything public so that everyone would know the truth? Hey I got an idea, lets go to court, that way everyone has to lay their cards on the table and no one on the board has to get suede for liable or slandering someone’s name.

Pickle

Does your bible omit Matthew chapter 18? You obviously have an axe to grind here specifically and personally with Pickle... and you obviously are not objective where Jim Gilley is concerned but your blind zeal to defend him is causing you to lose your religion... in thought word and deed. If you are so insistent that the forum be made aware of your conversations with Pickle, conduct them here, rather than on the phone... so everything said by both sides will be made plain... rather than your cherry picking statements out of context to use in the most incendiary manner possible. As a minister of the gospel, you know you have no business working from the devil's toolbox and by doing so, you are not making Jim Gilley look better with this "by any means necessary because the ends justify the means" defense tactic...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Oct 9 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #293

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Dallas @ Oct 9 2007, 12:08 AM) *

I have a better idea, Dallas. Unless you are personally affected by this, please don't tell the rest of us whether we can talk about it or not. You say you have personal knowledge and experience with Pastor Gilley. That's fine, and I welcome any comments you have on his behalf. That doesn't put you in charge of comments about Tommy Shelton, however. The TS allegations ARE a 3ABN issue, like it or not.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Oct 9 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #294

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Oct 9 2007, 08:38 AM) *
I have a better idea, Dallas. Unless you are personally affected by this, please don't tell the rest of us whether we can talk about it or not. You say you have personal knowledge and experience with Pastor Gilley. That's fine, and I welcome any comments you have on his behalf. That doesn't put you in charge of comments about Tommy Shelton, however. The TS allegations ARE a 3ABN issue, like it or not.

Especially when Danny Shelton allegedly instructed a 3ABN employee/volunteer not to allow employee Tommy Shelton to ever take employee/volunteer young fellow out to lunch again.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Oct 9 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #295

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Pickle
Let me assure you and anyone reading this thread I have caught you first hand in a lie I am the eyewitness to yours!! You state and I quote: "Let me add that I do not appreciate your insinuation that I have things that can bring down and topple 3ABN." When you called me to talk to Jim the only reason that you were given a number that Jim could be reached at was; that you insisted that you needed to talk to him before that Friday or there would be repercussions in court that would close 3ABN well that Friday has come and gone, obviously from your post Jim didn't do what you wanted. Yet 3ABN is still operating? That alone and the post you have continue to make shows me that the entire truth is not in you! So if you are "stretching the truth" about that, what other truth have you stretched?" I am reminded of a serpent in a tree that told just enough truth to make the story believable yet when you inject one small lie into the truth, what does it become?

Just for the record, I was not insinuating that you had something that could "bring 3ABN down" I was just quoting you via our phone conversation!

AwesomeTenor is correct, for Matthew 18 would have avoided some embarrassment on this one.

I don't think I got specific about what the deadline was all about, and that is all right. But if you search the court documents, you will find that September 15 was indeed a deadline for something, which means that Monday the 17th was the effective deadline.

That deadline had nothing to do with closing 3ABN.

I think the better part of wisdom would dictate that we not try to untangle that conversation further in this public setting.

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Oct 9 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #296

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

With all due respect, Dallas, that is a very short-sighted perspective. If it affects 3ABN, it matters. If it does not, then let it go. And how would anyone know if it happened there? If there is an environment of intimidation and denial and dismissal and threats about the whole topic, who would come forward? Is the "mission" (of mending broken people, no less) more important than those who get hurt as we pursue the mission?

If 3ABN is the end, the goal, the only thing that matters, I guess it could make sense. I have worked for organizations that had that philosophy, and I don't anymore.

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Oct 9 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #297

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

3) The board can look into the past, however by law they must keep personal findings private and if it doesn't match what you believe the truth is, you will cry cover up!! The only way that you will not cry "cover up" is if everything is made public! When it comes to some of these personal issues, the board would be liable if they made everything public. So lets see, how could we get everything public so that everyone would know the truth? Hey I got an idea, lets go to court, that way everyone has to lay their cards on the table and no one on the board has to get suede for liable or slandering someone's name.

Cop out. Total cop out.

The 3ABN Board can investigate whether an adequate investigation was made into the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations or not and report their findings without fear that they might sue themselves.

They should also be able to investigate whether the four whistle blowers from the Trust Services Dept. were improperly terminated or not and report their findings without fear that Danny, Mollie, Leonard, and the 3ABN Board will sue the 3BAN Board.

They should also be able to investigate whether Danny filed for divorce on grounds of adultery or not, whether he said in that filing that it was impossible to reconcile or not, and whether Danny wrote a month later indicating that he didn't know whether Linda had committed fornication, and report their findings, with no fear of a suit from Danny.

They should also be able to investigate whether they themselves violated the Internal Revenue Code by selling a $135,000 asset to Danny for $6,139 and report their findings, without any fear of being sued by themselves.

They should also be able to investigate whether Walt Thompson has continually defamed and slandered Danny's critics, and whether Danny and others have done so on the air, and reprot their findings, without any fear of a suit coming from Danny or Walt. For example, they could easily investigate whether Danny accused me on the air of posing as a doctor, and report their findings.

The Bible says that in order to find forgiveness we must confess, repent, and make restituion wherever possible. Adventism has never disagreed, and has never carved out an exception to the Scriptural requirement by declaring that no restitution is necessary if one might just possibly get sued.

If 3ABN and Danny want to receive pardon from God for their misdeeds, there must be restitition rather than cover up, blatant disregard of God's admonitions not to sue our brothers, and ignoring of the past.
And by restitution I mean as little as an apology, or perhaps lost wages in the case of a wrongful termination.

The Sermon on the Mount is quite clear that if we make no effort to make amends with one who has something against us, God will not accept our gifts.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 9 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #298

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Dallas @ Oct 8 2007, 10:08 PM) *

You started this thread, have made some pretty huge claims here and there and now make further comments and conclusions but you "don't have time to read all the stuff"!!!

If you were here to discuss and learn as well as share your input, this could be a very important exercise for all. Youhave made it clear with your statement that this is not your intention. I find that it is really a good policy not to comment on what you obviously don't fully understand. However, since this is a forum and everyone, even those who choose to remain ignorant about the facts and issues on both sides, is welcome to post their opinions.

Regarding your statement on the molestations not being a 3abn issue, please re-read Duane Clem's reply. Someone may have told you that they are not an issue for 3abn, but as long as there are unanswered claims that Danny Shelton acted to cover up allegations of Tommy Shelton's alleged pastoral abuse, as long as there are statements and documentation that appear to support the cover-up and intimidation of those claiming to be victims, that connection will remain. This is an issue that will remain unresolved until it is properly dealt with and the claims/allegations verified or refuted.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Oct 9 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #299

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

The position of those on the side of Danny and 3ABN has followed a rather unique course since the beginning of this entire ordeal.

At first, it was the declaration that all was well and that the information being provided by Pickle, Joy, the victims of wrongdoing and others in the know was all just a bunch of lies. Those inside (and in some cases, maybe even outside) the 3ABN camp were intimidated into keeping quiet about what they knew so that it would give the appearance that Danny's mouthpieces were right on the money.

As more and more allegations surfaced, the position of the Danny supporters took more of an "even if it were true" angle....you know, that even if the allegations were true, they always had some explanation as to why there would be nothing wrong with it or some way to "justify" what had taken place.

More recent posts from the Danny camp clearly show that they have begun to try to distance themselves from the entire situation, in the form of such statements as "this is not a 3ABN issue" and so forth.

It's not working, Dannyscribes! We can see right through you. With each new piece of evidence that comes to light and each new allegation that you KNOW can be proven true, you take another step back. Your problem is, you are getting ever so much closer to that corner behind you.

Here's a little advice for you....Let go and let God!

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Oct 9 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #300

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

OK I've scanned some of what was said about my last post, since I don't have the time to keep up with this on a daily basis as some do I don't have the time to read all the stuff.
(snip)
2) People are worried about the "child molestation" if it didn't not happen at 3ABN, 3ABN is not responsible! This "offender" is gone from 3ABN unless there is an allegation of something happening while he was at 3ABN let it drop!!
(snip)
Ok Dallas, go ahead and drop it! Just drop everything from the past and just focus on the future. Whether or not the "child molestation" has anything to do with 3ABN, folks around here will not just "let it drop."
Since you do not have the time to keep up with this on a daily basis, it would be best if you would just let it drop!

QUOTE(Dallas @ Sep 30 2007, 04:21 AM) *
(snip)
...I know you think you have things that can bring down 3ABN and topple this ministry however, I remind you that 3ABN is God's Ministry and He will raise up or tear down it's leaders no matter what you and I say.
in God's peace dallas
Dallas, this happened in the past. You should be a visionary and look to the future and not the past like the post says below.
QUOTE(Dallas @ Sep 8 2007, 12:20 AM) *
(snip)
The second thing you need to know about Jim is, that he will not be stuck in the past, as some seem to be, his job is to take over from here and move forward. If people have problems with what happened before he got there let them take it up with those people. Jim is a visionary that will look to the future not the past
(snip)
… Better watch out for the beam! Luke 6:41!
(snip)

(snip)
Pickle
Let me assure you and anyone reading this thread I have caught you first hand in a lie I am the eyewitness to yours!! ... I am reminded of a serpent in a tree that told just enough truth to make the story believable yet when you inject one small lie into the truth, what does it become?
(snip)
Dallas, keep moving forward. Once again, this happened in the past. Things in the past have no lasting value.
(snip)
As in all things this thread will soon be a thing of the past, with no real lasting value….
(snip)

I believe it is time for you to ask your self the question that a wise blogger asked me once. As matter of fact, I posted the words of wisdom below.

(snip)
Where would we be with spreading the Gospel if we spent more time on our knees or in the Word and less time on a computer blogsite . . . .

QUOTE(Dallas @ Sep 8 2007, 02:37 AM) *
(snip)
So lets all rejoice in the New Day for 3ABN and finish this work and go home, what do you say!
You went home, but you keep coming back. Ring, Ring, Jim is calling you…. He is probably going to be asking you the question that you thought he would. If you keep spending so much time on the computer you are not going to "have one of the closest working relationships with Jim" You are no longer going to be able to "speak with him and work with him at least once a day if not more." Jim will not be entertained "to know that so much" of your "time and effort has been put into discussing and projecting his effective or ineffective role as the new president of 3ABN."
What do you say!
(snip)
his only question of me will be, "what would happen if you would have spent the same amount of time you spent reading this blog site spreading the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ?"
(snip)

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church