Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=300 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:15 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
Johann
post Oct 11 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #301

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

For Your Information:

I felt sharing this would clarify that progress is clearly being made despite
the concerns for some. I received a copy of the following e-mail that seems
to demonstrate the New Board at 3ABN is listening to the Stockholders
in the Pews:

Dear Sr. *******,

Thank you for your e mail of Oct. 5, 2007. We appreciate hearing from
our viewers and supporters.

Yes, we are in a transition status and do not have all the answers
yet. We have added new board members, have established a steering
committee composed of knowledgable people in areas of concern to the
ministry, and are in the process of establishing a constituency to
give us a broader base of support. I think when complete, all of these
will prove to be a blessing to the ministry.

We appreciate your prayer and support. I am sure the changes taking
place will be evident as they occur.

God bless and keep you,

Walter Thompson
Chairman, 3abn board

I, for one, see real progress here and can forsee order coming out of
the chaos. I am
sure there will be some BUMPS ahead, but the direction seems
to be a positive one. Too bad it has taken them so long, but better late
than not at all.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 11 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #302

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 12 2007, 12:26 AM) *
For Your Information:

in the Pews:

Dear Sr. *******,

God bless and keep you,

Walter Thompson
Chairman, 3abn board
the chaos. I am
than not at all.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

What does it mean that they "are in the process of establishing a constituency that will give them a broader base of support"?

+Quote Post
inga
post Oct 12 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #303

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Oct 12 2007, 12:37 AM) *
What does it mean that they "are in the process of establishing a constituency that will give them a broader base of support"?

... wondering the same ... uhm.gif

The usual interpretation of this spin-speak would be that they are in the process of widening their fund-raising net. After all, Jim Gilley is known for his fund-raising abilities.

Considering the track record of Walt Thompson after these last four years, I don't see anything to be optimistic about in this letter. It says nothing we don't already know.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 12 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #304

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Unfortunately, one is all too often reminded of one, "Baghdad Bob."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 12 2007, 01:25 AM
Post #305

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Oct 12 2007, 01:37 AM) *

QUOTE(inga @ Oct 12 2007, 02:09 AM) *
... wondering the same ... uhm.gif

The usual interpretation of this spin-speak would be that they are in the process of widening their fund-raising net. After all, Jim Gilley is known for his fund-raising abilities.

Considering the track record of Walt Thompson after these last four years, I don't see anything to be optimistic about in this letter. It says nothing we don't already know.

Agreed that there is nothing in this letter to be optimistic about. It does tell us something, though... and that is that they have taken the advice of many on BSDA and gotten themselves a better PR man to write their letters. The part I don't understand is Gailon Joy's (IMO misplaced) optimistic statements.... dunno.gif

I think it will help us interpret this specific bit of "spin-speak" if we recall the proposed "consitutency" for the proposed "merger" between Amazing Facts and 3abn.... which was to be the "ASI board" (or whatever it was called) rather than the "supporters in the pews" as many of us have said were the REAL consitutency to which 3abn should be held accountable. So my take on this is that it means they are lining up a group of rich dudes who will agree to underwrite the desired "budget".... or any special "projects" that it doesn't seem politic to include on the official financial report.... and who will do that even without a seat on the "Board of Directors"..... thus forming an in-pocket group to which "the board" will ostensibly be "accountable".... thus relieving them of any pressure to have an exterior and independent body to which they are truly accountable. [/indent]

+Quote Post
Observer
post Oct 12 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #306

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 11 2007, 11:26 PM) *
For Your Information:

in the Pews:

Dear Sr. *******,

God bless and keep you,

Walter Thompson
Chairman, 3abn board
the chaos. I am
than not at all.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I am cautiously optimistic.

As I have stated before, we need to give Elder G. time. And time will tell what the outcome will be.

We cannot expect that the needed changes will come immediately. We cannot expect that the process of change will be open to the world while it is taking place.

What we can expect is the time will reveal the outcome, and in hindsight we will likely be able to discern the process.

i amcaut

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 12 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #307

Advanced Member

I watched most of 3abn Live yesterday. I hope it is an indication of more similar programs. He had William Shea on and they talked about the book of Daniel which is one of Dr. Shea's areas of expertise. Gilley was able to converse with Shea in a competant manner. He did have a lot to say but didn't interrupt and try to be the center of attention. The content was good and I especially liked the second hour when they took questions. Dr. Shea who was formerly with the Bible Research Institute is obviously a master of the material. It was worth watching IMHO.
Jim Gilley did a brief fund raising comercial and said how they need help more than ever, and hinted at other problems besides financial problems.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Oct 12 2007, 09:05 PM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 12 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #308

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

In what way did he hint at those other problems?

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Oct 12 2007, 11:02 PM) *
I watched most of 3abn Live yesterday. I hope it is an indication of more similar programs. He had William Shea on and they talked about the book of Daniel which is one of Dr. Shea's areas of expertise. Gilley was able to converse with Shea in a competant manner. He did have a lot to say but didn't interrupt and try to be the center of attention. The content was good and I especially liked the second hour when they took questions. Dr. Shea who was formerly with the Bible Research Institute is obviously a master of the material. It was worth watching IMHO.
Jim Gilley did a brief fund raising comercial and said how they need help more than ever, and hinted at other problems besides financial problems.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 12 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #309

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Oct 12 2007, 10:28 PM) *

I'm sorry that's the best I can do. It was fairly brief and he was talking about how there are difficulties that they are facing and they need prayers and financial support more than ever. I can't give a verbatim quote, but I heard a clear implication that there are problems besides financial problems.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Oct 12 2007, 09:40 PM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 12 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #310

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

OK thanks, I was just curious.

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Oct 12 2007, 11:39 PM) *
I'm sorry that's the best I can do. It was fairly brief and he was talking about how there are difficulties that they are facing and they need prayers and financial support more than ever. I can't give a verbatim quote, but I heard a clear implication that there are problems besides financial problems.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Oct 13 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #311

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

I didn't hear the whole program, but when they were talking about Danniel and the lions' den, he did mention that 3ABN had to face lions.

What I noticed and appreciated about his comments was that he did not make any attacks against anyone. And that is as it should be. The airwaves should never have been used by Danny to malign critics he refused to properly deal with.

Everyone agrees that 3ABN has lions to face. People differ on what those lions are.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 13 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #312

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Pickle @ Oct 13 2007, 09:32 AM) *
I didn't hear the whole program, but when they were talking about Danniel and the lions' den, he did mention that 3ABN had to face lions.

What I noticed and appreciated about his comments was that he did not make any attacks against anyone. And that is as it should be. The airwaves should never have been used by Danny to malign critics he refused to properly deal with.

Everyone agrees that 3ABN has lions to face. People differ on what those lions are.

The implications that 3abn is God's true servant who has been placed in jeopardy by evil conspirators is not, IMO, different in kind than previous comparisons of Danny to Moses, David, and John the Baptist.

The real questions have to do with the character of the ones facing the "lions".... and whether they are there because they are being "persecuted for righteousness sake".... or because they have sinned grievously and their sins have been (partially) found out. Those conspiring against Daniel also had to face the lions. Achan had to face the penalty for his sin. As did Ananias and Saphira in NT times.

It is a distortion of the problem to make it appear that Danny's chief problem was in using the airwaves to defend himself and attack others. The problems.... that may be compared to lions.... are of Danny and 3abn's own making.... and smoothing over the surface while still protecting the evil in the camp from both exposure and expulsion is not, in my studied opinion, may be smoother when handled by a more skilled PR man.... but it is not "as it should be".... not by a long shot!

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 13 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #313

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Oct 12 2007, 10:28 PM) *

UHH Could it be he was referring to the on going lawsuit???? Lawsuits are always a problem aren't they but sometimes you have no other choice.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 13 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #314

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Observer @ Oct 12 2007, 01:28 PM) *
I am cautiously optimistic.

As I have stated before, we need to give Elder G. time. And time will tell what the outcome will be.

We cannot expect that the needed changes will come immediately. We cannot expect that the process of change will be open to the world while it is taking place.

What we can expect is the time will reveal the outcome, and in hindsight we will likely be able to discern the process.
i amcaut

No need to speculate I can tell you the facts. I have talked with Elder Gilley at length. His opinion is that 3abn is a first rate organization that has had strong leadership for 23 years, and will continue to remain that way. His goal is to share leadership and responsibility with Danny, the board and the administrative staff. He made it quite clear he did not come to 3abn to "take over" anything but to be a help to Danny and the ministry. With the doctor's OK, I saw for myself that Danny was back to work this week ,dealing with paperwork and administrative duties. Construction is proceeding rapidly on Elder Gilley's new office since the board and Elder Gilley wanted Danny to remain in his same office. All are happy with the fact that even when Danny is not conducting business at 3abn or there to do programming, he is literally, only, a mile away and as close as a phone call. With Danny's heart situation we do hope he will take things easier and Elder Gilley's presence allows him to be able to choose what responsibilities to spend his time and efforts on.

So, there are no hidden agenda's or big "housecleanings" in the future. Sorry, folks. The presence of Elder Gilley and the new board members are just wonderful added bonuses to what already exists at 3abn which is great people, a great work and a spiritual goal of spreading the message.

The addition of new board members is a plus all the way around. New members have new ideas and will be there to replace some of those that are past retirement age and would like to "officially" retire from positions such as this.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 13 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #315

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

No other choice? I can think of several. And lets face it, no one held a gun to DS's head and said "sue or your brains are history".

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 13 2007, 03:44 PM) *
UHH Could it be he was referring to the on going lawsuit???? Lawsuits are always a problem aren't they but sometimes you have no other choice.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church