Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=315 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:17 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
watchbird
post Oct 13 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #316

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

Thank you, appletree, for confirming what I had figured was the facts of the matter.

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 13 2007, 04:09 PM) *
No need to speculate I can tell you the facts. I have talked with Elder Gilley at length. His opinion is that 3abn is a first rate organization that has had strong leadership for 23 years, and will continue to remain that way. His goal is to share leadership and responsibility with Danny, the board and the administrative staff. He made it quite clear he did not come to 3abn to "take over" anything but to be a help to Danny and the ministry. With the doctor's OK, I saw for myself that Danny was back to work this week ,dealing with paperwork and administrative duties. Construction is proceeding rapidly on Elder Gilley's new office since the board and Elder Gilley wanted Danny to remain in his same office. All are happy with the fact that even when Danny is not conducting business at 3abn or there to do programming, he is literally, only, a mile away and as close as a phone call. With Danny's heart situation we do hope he will take things easier and Elder Gilley's presence allows him to be able to choose what responsibilities to spend his time and efforts on.

So, there are no hidden agenda's or big "housecleanings" in the future. Sorry, folks. The presence of Elder Gilley and the new board members are just wonderful added bonuses to what already exists at 3abn which is great people, a great work and a spiritual goal of spreading the message.

The addition of new board members is a plus all the way around. New members have new ideas and will be there to replace some of those that are past retirement age and would like to "officially" retire from positions such as this.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 13 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #317

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

... the disappointing, angering, disheartening facts of the matter. thumbdown.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Oct 13 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #318

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Yup, nothing changes according to Appletree. Same old same old.

There can be no changes until those in charge see the need for change. But when those in charge are hand picked by the one person who needs changing the most I guess we know what is going to happen....nothing. Sad. sadwalk.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 13 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #319

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 13 2007, 03:09 PM) *
So, there are no hidden agenda's or big "housecleanings" in the future. Sorry, folks. The presence of Elder Gilley and the new board members are just wonderful added bonuses to what already exists at 3abn which is great people, a great work and a spiritual goal of spreading the message.

The addition of new board members is a plus all the way around. New members have new ideas and will be there to replace some of those that are past retirement age and would like to "officially" retire from positions such as this.

Say no more about these wonderful bonuses: Give us time to rub down the goose bumps.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 13 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #320

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Oct 13 2007, 07:17 PM) *
... the disappointing, angering, disheartening facts of the matter. thumbdown.gif

There there Soul... Don't waste your adrenal strength.... there is always the outside chance that Gilley could be a double agent.... and whether or not.... Toto will come...... smile.gif

.............angel.gif...............

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Oct 13 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #321

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 13 2007, 03:09 PM) *
Construction is proceeding rapidly on Elder Gilley's new office since the board and Elder Gilley wanted Danny to remain in his same office.

I think you may be fibbing on some of your details, or ignorant of them, but at any rate, would you be so kind as to tell us the names of the ones doing the construction of the office, and if they are not simply receiving typical remuneration from 3ABN as 3ABN employees, how much they are getting paid for their labor?

I think we need to set the record straight on private inurement whenever possible by demonstrating that Shelton family members are not being given preferential treatment when it comes to remuneration for contruction work.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 13 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #322

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

It seems that litigation and televangelists are synonymous these days, going both ways. They seem to have some head issues in common with O.J. Simpson.

Of course no snake oil salesman can be successful without a market. Look at the greatest despots in history. They all depended on the people to be their foundational support system... Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, Mao, Castro, the Ayatolahs, the Caesars, The Popes of the midieval times, etc. Scoundrels of that calibre find something that a group of people can attach to and love. They make themselves the icon of that thing, and thereby become that thing. A person can represent 3ABN, and what does 3ABN represent to the people who are it's base? The unquestioned belief in a principle as being incarnated by a person is the power base of despotism and scam artistry. When a person is considered the heart of a ministry, church, sect, government, party, idea, or otherwise, THAT is the very essence of cultism, despotism, and scam artistry. That is the undoing of humanity and civilization. That is the giving away of the individual mind and soul to a power-hungry despot. We wonder at how the Germans, Russians, and Cambodians lived with themselves as they turned on those of their own people who adhered to freedom of religion, government, and speech, while it is done every day in our own little Adventist circle by people just like that. Sad, but very true.

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Oct 14 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #323

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 13 2007, 03:44 PM) *
UHH Could it be he was referring to the on going lawsuit???? Lawsuits are always a problem aren't they but sometimes you have no other choice.

Sadly, some seem to have this theory. What is sad about it is that they seem to be willing to take the chance in court that the truth will not come to light. Then they can continue to live in darkness. From a Biblical perspective, we all know what happens to the things that remain in darkness.

So if one is doing everything to avoid the truth coming out, then sometimes you have no other choice than to go to court. IMO, anyone that is willing to choose this option has let their PRIDE grow to the point of not being able to see the seriousness of facing God's wrath.

What do others think?

I still stand by my opinion of the lawsuit that I stated in the post below:
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=193895

Going back to review this post and reading some of the posts below it caused me to wonder what happened to Shiny Penny. Are you still out there?

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Oct 14 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #324

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 13 2007, 02:44 PM) *
UHH Could it be he was referring to the on going lawsuit???? Lawsuits are always a problem aren't they but sometimes you have no other choice.

Yeah, especially when you feel your kingdom being threatened, huh?

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 14 2007, 04:12 AM
Post #325

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Oct 14 2007, 01:30 AM) *
IMO, anyone that is willing to choose this option has let their PRIDE grow to the point of not being able to see the seriousness of facing God's wrath.

What do others think?

What do others think?

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good." Psalms 14:1

(Right now, these words of the Psalmist come to mind.)

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Oct 14 2007, 04:20 AM

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Oct 14 2007, 05:55 AM
Post #326

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 13 2007, 02:09 PM) *
No need to speculate I can tell you the facts. I have talked with Elder Gilley at length. His opinion is that 3abn is a first rate organization that has had strong leadership for 23 years, and will continue to remain that way. His goal is to share leadership and responsibility with Danny, the board and the administrative staff. He made it quite clear he did not come to 3abn to "take over" anything but to be a help to Danny and the ministry. With the doctor's OK, I saw for myself that Danny was back to work this week ,dealing with paperwork and administrative duties. Construction is proceeding rapidly on Elder Gilley's new office since the board and Elder Gilley wanted Danny to remain in his same office. All are happy with the fact that even when Danny is not conducting business at 3abn or there to do programming, he is literally, only, a mile away and as close as a phone call. With Danny's heart situation we do hope he will take things easier and Elder Gilley's presence allows him to be able to choose what responsibilities to spend his time and efforts on.

So per Appletree..............it is business as usual with a dynamic PR/fund-raising person on the front lines and the "cleanup crew" hard at work just keeping all that dirt under the rug.

If this is true then it is most disappointing to say the least.

Beartrap said.......It seems that litigation and televangelists are synonymous these days, going both ways. They seem to have some head issues in common with O.J. Simpson.

Of course no snake oil salesman can be successful without a market. Look at the greatest despots in history. They all depended on the people to be their foundational support system... Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, Mao, Castro, the Ayatolahs, the Caesars, The Popes of the midieval times, etc. Scoundrels of that calibre find something that a group of people can attach to and love. They make themselves the icon of that thing, and thereby become that thing. A person can represent 3ABN, and what does 3ABN represent to the people who are it's base? The unquestioned belief in a principle as being incarnated by a person is the power base of despotism and scam artistry. When a person is considered the heart of a ministry, church, sect, government, party, idea, or otherwise, THAT is the very essence of cultism, despotism, and scam artistry. That is the undoing of humanity and civilization. That is the giving away of the individual mind and soul to a power-hungry despot. We wonder at how the Germans, Russians, and Cambodians lived with themselves as they turned on those of their own people who adhered to freedom of religion, government, and speech, while it is done every day in our own little Adventist circle by people just like that. Sad, but very true.

The people, the people, where are the people who have a mind of their own and can think and reason beyond what some person spouts off their pedestal or soap box? I never could understand how people could lend their allegiance to such leaders as you pointed out, Beartrap. But then I am reminded of those you mentioned and also Waco, Jamestown.

Today we are without excuse as we live through this SDA Saga. I am weary of the silence of certain people....I am angered by the indifference to the victims....

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 14 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #327

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(runner4him @ Oct 14 2007, 07:55 AM) *
So per Appletree..............it is business as usual with a dynamic PR/fund-raising person on the front lines and the "cleanup crew" hard at work just keeping all that dirt under the rug.
If this is true then it is most disappointing to say the least.

Disappointing.... but not unexpected.... given what we have seen of Jim Gilley prior to his appointment.... and what we know about the way such appointments are made.

The people, the people, where are the people who have a mind of their own and can think and reason beyond what some person spouts off their pedestal or soap box? . . . .

smile.gif Well... some of them are right here on BSDA... and many more of them are sitting quietly in their own homes with their TV's tuned to some other station and their wallets safe in their pockets. yes.gif

Today we are without excuse as we live through this SDA Saga. I am weary of the silence of certain people....I am angered by the indifference to the victims....

I resonate with your feelings... but let us ponder together the words of the Psalmist.....

Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.

Cease from anger and forsake wrath;
Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.

For evildoers will be cut off,
But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.

Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;
And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there.

But the humble will inherit the land
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.

The wicked plots against the righteous
And gnashes at him with his teeth.

The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees his day is coming.

The wicked have drawn the sword and bent their bow
To cast down the afflicted and the needy,
To slay those who are upright in conduct.

Their sword will enter their own heart,
And their bows will be broken.

For the LORD loves justice
And does not forsake His godly ones;
They are preserved forever,
But the descendants of the wicked will be cut off.

The righteous will inherit the land
And dwell in it forever.

Psalm 37:7-15, 28-29

Therefore, we can rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him....

He will send Toto when the time is ripe.....

..............cloud9.gif................

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Oct 14 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #328

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 13 2007, 11:59 PM) *
It seems that litigation and televangelists are synonymous these days, going both ways. They seem to have some head issues in common with O.J. Simpson.

For me it ended up that I attend church via the web or television. There are just too many people in the local church who want to impose their narrow little view of adventism in particular on me. I won't blindly follow anyone ever again. I refer back to the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. If the behavior or attitude doesn't square up with what Jesus would have done, then I set it aside. Since so many people are of a controlling nature with in the local church, I avoid it .

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 14 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #329

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(WillowRun @ Oct 14 2007, 12:41 PM) *
For me it ended up that I attend church via the web or television. There are just too many people in the local church who want to impose their narrow little view of adventism in particular on me. I won't blindly follow anyone ever again. I refer back to the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. If the behavior or attitude doesn't square up with what Jesus would have done, then I set it aside. Since so many people are of a controlling nature with in the local church, I avoid it .

In handling the situations in which I had been injured, I found that my reactions to them went through certain stages..... and the more I've learned, the more I think these were quite classical and universal stages.

First was the withdrawal that you describe above.... and God provided me with a new venue... as he has provided you with the cyber venue.... where I could have a different kind of contact with other believers than I had previously had.... and where I could both heal from my wounds and grow strong enough to risk again.

Second was the strong impression that I had to learn to handle my bitterness... which had grown larger through the years away.... and to do that I had to return and go through the stages of objectively observing those who had wronged me and even getting acquainted with them in our now much different relationship than previous years.... showing a friendliness I confess I did not feel and winning them over to thinking/acting kindly towards me.

Finally I reached the stage where my bitterness dwindled enough so I could be truly free... to either go or stay away.... dependent upon things other than my relationship to those who had wronged me.

It was a long journey, timewise.... but it was worth it in the end, and I'm glad I made the effort to not only reconcile, but to erase the bitter memories.

I see you taking the first step in that journey as you seek spiritual food and companionship away from the scenes of your injuries. I prayerfully hope that you will find both healing and strength, so that eventually you may find full peace by taking the rest of the journey.... to a place where you can associate freely and lovingly even among those who would try to press you into their narrow little molds.... and their narrowness will only inspire you to compassion for them, for you will be secure enough in Christ so you will no longer fear their little molds.

+Quote Post
foofighter
post Oct 14 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #330

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,898

The real question is why does such a system produce such hurt, bitterness, dysfunction and pain. Why is it so toxic when it's supposed to be the "the truth"?

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church