Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15240&st=345 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:48:20 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jim Gilley Takes Over As President
inga
post Oct 15 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #346

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Oct 15 2007, 06:43 AM) *
Anyone who believes Danny has taken the high road in this must be looking up from a very low place indeed. Weather a person has taken the high road or the low road depends on your point of view.

Indeed! Well said! thumbsup.gif

It is interesting that the writer of the letter to Linda finds Linda's site so distressing while apparently having no problems with the 3ABN programs trashing Linda. IMO, Linda very carefully avoided casting blame and revealed only the barest truth. It is clear that, apart from that she intends her site to be positive and uplifting.

If that letter isn't written by someone currently involved in 3ABN administration, it is clearly written by someone who shares the viewpoint demonstrated on the many 3ABN "Live" programs. Very sad.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 15 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #347

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 15 2007, 03:15 PM) *
boxing.gif clap.gif yes.gif ... Preach it Mr. J...... amen.gif and amen.gif

You have covered the waterfront very succinctly.... I'll just add one postscript to your comment about "believing a convenient lie".

It is quite possible that we would understand more about all these things which seem to us to be lies... whether convenient or inconvenient.... if we take seriously the beliefs about affirmations as taught by Shelley Quinn. If one takes those beliefs seriously, then it is not facts which determine what must be spoken... but one's desired outcome. For there is such power in the spoken word that what one says creates the reality one will have to live with. And this extends to negative words as well as positive one.... so one can NEVER admit to any unpleasant truth, for to do so would be to create that negative thing. What one has to do is to keep affirming what one wants reality to be... and in this way... that reality will come to be. If you think about it enough, it makes all of the declarations of innocence .. both here and on 3abn shows.... very understandable. In their belief system they would not dare do otherwise.

No wonder the doctrines of Shelly Quinn are defended so vigorously by Mr. Aplletree and others at 3ABN!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 15 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #348

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I wonder ... since Jim G is theologically trained, or at least more so than Danny, whether in future some of the programming will change? to be more biblical? Is it too much to hope for?

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Oct 15 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #349

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 14 2007, 11:57 PM) *
I appreciate some of the sentiments in your post. Some I agree with, some I don't. There seems to be a misunderstanding or maybe it is the "blinder" syndrome when it comes to the subject of Linda keeping quiet. It is clear that she has never kept quiet. There is much proof of that but none more deadly that the fact that Bob Pickle and Gailon Joy say they are Linda's representatives. Look at the junk they have put out. True or not, does anyone think they did this without her permission when they are representing her? Where do you think they got the emails that were strictly between her and Danny? How do you think they have gotten in contact with certain people that have acts to grind with 3abn and or Danny?

It appears that sole responsibility for this internet mess that has wounded the ministry of 3abn and exposed the church to public scrutiny (which Mrs. White says specifically we are never to do) belongs to Linda. And yet, so many here say Danny has trashed her on the air, which no one has ever proven BTW, but if he had, that could not have done half of of the damage that she has done through Joy and Pickle.
It seems to me that Linda has done more damage to 3abn, Danny, the Shelton's and the Adventist Church than she is given credit for. Let's give credit where credit is due. She has never been quiet, meek or taken the High Road as some have tried to say. Those that truly live on the "high road" don't recruit the Bob and Gailons of this world.

Appletree, Appletree.....so far off the mark! "Linda's representatives" ?? Not so but representatives of truth, yes! Believe me Bob and Gailon were not recruited! To not defend the truth would be more dangerous to the churched and unchurched out there in TV land for when the winds blow around the earth telling this sad story then the dear souls who learn of this saga will ask "where were the ones who knew the facts and did nothing"? To cover up what 'lies' under the 3abn rugs is an abomination.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 15 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #350

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 15 2007, 11:53 AM) *
No wonder the doctrines of Shelly Quinn are defended so vigorously by Mr. Aplletree and others at 3ABN!

Get your facts right. Appletree has stayed out of the SQ discussions. I figure this is the same as all the other subjects. If you don't know her, and have no personal experience with her, don't judge her.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 15 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #351

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(runner4him @ Oct 15 2007, 03:39 PM) *
Appletree, Appletree.....so far off the mark! "Linda's representatives" ?? Not so but representatives of truth, yes! Believe me Bob and Gailon were not recruited! To not defend the truth would be more dangerous to the churched and unchurched out there in TV land for when the winds blow around the earth telling this sad story then the dear souls who learn of this saga will ask "where were the ones who knew the facts and did nothing"? To cover up what 'lies' under the 3abn rugs is an abomination.

I beg to differ. Read your history as you all like to say here. I believe it was on the ASI threads that Pickle and Joy stated they were Linda's representatives. Sugar coated and change the wording all you want, but it's there in black and white.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Oct 15 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #352

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 15 2007, 08:09 PM) *
I beg to differ. Read your history as you all like to say here. I believe it was on the ASI threads that Pickle and Joy stated they were Linda's representatives. Sugar coated and change the wording all you want, but it's there in black and white.

IF it is actually in the ASI thread, as you put it, "it's there in black and white" -- show and prove. Where's the beef?

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Oct 15 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #353

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(appletree)
Appletree has stayed out of the SQ discussions. I figure this is the same as all the other subjects. If you don't know her, and have no personal experience with her, don't judge her.

Quinn has published her words in the public arena for all the world to judge her thinking.

By their words shall ye know them, not just by experience, and the two should agree.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 15 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #354

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Both DS and SQ have this to think about: "Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly..." James 3:1.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 15 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #355

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

It is said that actions speak louder than words, but history teaches us that words are what the masses adhere to and follow. The word of the religious leader becomes the beacon for the sheep to follow. The term "pastor" means shepherd. What do shepherds do? If a lamb get away from the flock, they find and return it. The shepherd values each lamb. They lead their fluffy white flocks to green pastures and still waters, fatten them up, and sell them to the slaughterhouse. No, not all pastors are of that ilk. A fortunate few people have learned (most of them the hard way) that this is the way of most of the widely revered religious and political leaders. Too many of the people just say "baaaa" and walk through the shearing room on their happily dazed way into the slaughterhouse.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Oct 16 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #356

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(watchbird @ Oct 15 2007, 07:15 AM) *
boxing.gif clap.gif yes.gif ... Preach it Mr. J...... amen.gif and amen.gif
You have covered the waterfront very succinctly.... I'll just add one postscript to your comment about "believing a convenient lie".
It is quite possible that we would understand more about all these things which seem to us to be lies... whether convenient or inconvenient.... if we take seriously the beliefs about affirmations as taught by Shelley Quinn. If one takes those beliefs seriously, then it is not facts which determine what must be spoken... but one's desired outcome. For there is such power in the spoken word that what one says creates the reality one will have to live with. And this extends to negative words as well as positive one.... so one can NEVER admit to any unpleasant truth, for to do so would be to create that negative thing. What one has to do is to keep affirming what one wants reality to be... and in this way... that reality will come to be. If you think about it enough, it makes all of the declarations of innocence .. both here and on 3abn shows.... very understandable. In their belief system they would not dare do otherwise.

WB, you did it again!! Hit the nail right on the head and pounded it right in WITHOUT hitting your finger!!

Now, if I remember correctly from the book, these affirmations should only take "3 to 4 months" to become truth, right??

But since these affirmations just keep going on and on year after year after year, what does that say about the "truth" of them really working??

Makes one stop and think, doesn't it...

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Oct 16 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #357

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(roxe @ Oct 16 2007, 11:01 PM) *
WB, you did it again!! Hit the nail right on the head and pounded it right in WITHOUT hitting your finger!!

Now, if I remember correctly from the book, these affirmations should only take "3 to 4 months" to become truth, right??

But since these affirmations just keep going on and on year after year after year, what does that say about the "truth" of them really working??

Makes one stop and think, doesn't it...

There is a phrase that describes two people with a shared delusion. "Folle a Deux" (I'm not sure of the spelling) I think it translates "Two Fools." What would be the phrase to describe a delusion shared by a gang.? Perhaps Mr. J can help.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Oct 16 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #358

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Oct 16 2007, 10:27 PM) *
There is a phrase that describes two people with a shared delusion. "Folle a Deux" (I'm not sure of the spelling) I think it translates "Two Fools." What would be the phrase to describe a delusion shared by a gang.? Perhaps Mr. J can help.

As the old saying goes...

...jes cuz you say it so, don't make it so.

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Oct 17 2007, 04:43 AM
Post #359

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Oct 14 2007, 10:41 PM) *
... Could it be one reason God is allowing this terrible 3ABN drama to play out is because there are parallels to be drawn with the situation of the church as a whole, and He is urgent that it be ready to receive the latter rain? Church structure has its place. But God cannot lead as the True Shepherd if members everywhere feel they will be severely punished if they dare to think, move or breathe before a ministry or Conference committee has granted them permission. .......No! That is a mis-statement! God WILL EVEN THEN lead as the True Shepherd of His people! And He will lead home! But there will be terrible persecution along the way.

Today (Wed, 17 Oct, 2007 for us) I flicked on 3ABN just in time to see an interview with a young ministry leader at an ASI meeting. I checked his website as mentioned ( http://www.PresentTruth.com ) then clicked "News." It was very interesting to read a report dated October 15, 2007 (just the day after my post as quoted) but based upon Annual Council (Silver Springs, Maryland) meetings held just a few days previously. The report is from the Commission of Ministries, Services and Structures, and is dealing with this very issue -- the need for flexibility in the operations of the church structure, so as to allow for local differences and the movements of the Holy Spirit. I’m not up on all the implications, but the original report can be found on http://www.adventist.org/world_church/comm...ces-structures/

This post has been edited by Brick Step: Oct 17 2007, 04:45 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 17 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #360

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Oct 17 2007, 06:43 AM) *
Today (Wed, 17 Oct, 2007 for us) I flicked on 3ABN just in time to see an interview with a young ministry leader at an ASI meeting. I checked his website as mentioned ( http://www.PresentTruth.com ) then clicked "News." It was very interesting to read a report dated October 15, 2007 (just the day after my post as quoted) but based upon Annual Council (Silver Springs, Maryland) meetings held just a few days previously. The report is from the Commission of Ministries, Services and Structures, and is dealing with this very issue -- the need for flexibility in the operations of the church structure, so as to allow for local differences and the movements of the Holy Spirit. I’m not up on all the implications, but the original report can be found on http://www.adventist.org/world_church/comm...ces-structures/

I don't think the context of the reports warrants the applications that you appear to be making ... given its placement here in the 3abn forum and your previous comments about individuals and ministries not daring "to think, move or breathe before a ministry or Conference committee has granted them permission." The initial "report" is of the formation of the GC Commission to study organizational structure.... and the recent recommendations of that Commissions are a follow up on that. The report has to do with what kinds of differences in organizational structure... ie specifically differences from the standard levels of organization (Division, Union, Local Conferences, churches) is being recommended. And do note that these have been already in operation in some Divisions even before the Commission was founded.

I saw nothing there that would make any comment about the "movements of the Holy Spirit" any more than a standard statement.... that is, I saw nothing that would indicate they were supportive of the Pentecostal/Word of Faith uses of that phrase.... which we have been discussing here on the 3abn forum. If I missed something, please quote it exactly and tell which part of the report it was in.

This is doubtless a good topic for discussion, but IMO it should be moved to a more appropriate BSDA forum that this one.

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:48 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church