Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15475&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:55:12 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hospitalization Of Danny Shelton, Forwarded Announcement from Club Adventist
Johann
post Oct 11 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #121

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Statrei @ Oct 11 2007, 09:25 PM) *
I'll grant you that, Calvin. Why, then, did the board make pronouncements on the divorce?

Again an important question.

Does chronology matter? Should the board make prophetic decisions? Or merely decisions that would please the president and not the vice president?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Oct 11 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #122

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Statrei @ Oct 11 2007, 02:25 PM) *
I'll grant you that, Calvin. Why, then, did the board make pronouncements on the divorce?

"It is not enough to win, all others must lose."

Sun Tzu.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 11 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #123

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

But that is exactly what they did by siding with Danny and firing Linda, before the divorce. They found she was at fault without any kind of "imparital" investigation. Only Danny was not happy and didnt' want her around anymore at home or at work. If they were going to take it upon themselves to pass judgement they should have suspended them both while performing an investigation.

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 11 2007, 12:20 PM) *
Johann, I said what I said speaking from a practical position. Linda and Danny sitting on the porch holding hands on the set, patting Fluffy won’t play anymore.
Does not matter, had the Linda/Danny relationship gotten so bad that the two of them working together effected the ongoing concern of 3ABN? Then the board has a responsibility to act in the best interest of 3ABN, regardless of who was at fault. It was not the board’s job to get to the bottom of this adultery thing as many people here seem to think. The board can’t make these two people love each other; they had to deal with the fallout and what that meant to 3abn. IMO

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 11 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #124

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 11 2007, 06:10 PM) *
But that is exactly what they did by siding with Danny and firing Linda, before the divorce. They found she was at fault without any kind of "impartial" investigation. Only Danny was not happy and didn't' want her around anymore at home or at work. If they were going to take it upon themselves to pass judgement they should have suspended them both while performing an investigation.

Di;

I totally agree!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
calvin
post Oct 11 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #125

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 11 2007, 06:10 PM) *
But that is exactly what they did by siding with Danny and firing Linda, before the divorce. They found she was at fault without any kind of "imparital" investigation. Only Danny was not happy and didnt' want her around anymore at home or at work. If they were going to take it upon themselves to pass judgement they should have suspended them both while performing an investigation.

and so if Linda had had the opportunity to tell her side of the story to the board, had an investigation as you suggested, would it have mattered? None of them or us where there in their bedroom. Just been more he said/she said that we have been reading for over two years now. Relationships deterriate, business partners fallout for all types of reasons, to the point that they have to part ways. Stuff happens, it's business.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 11 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #126

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

But it is not "just business". Thsi is 3ABN, The Leader in Christian Living. "Stuff" is not supposed to "happen" at the Christian network that claims to be "The Leader in Christian Living". They are supposed to practice what they preach. They don't get be ministry before the cameras and fundraising tours., and cut throat, Wall Street when Danny doesn't like w how long Linda is on the phone. They didn't have to be in the bedroom, in fact, they weren't so the board had no business making such a judgement. They should have at least suspended them both, even if they found in Danny's favor later. For the sake of not looking the least bit like Danny's rubberstamp. But now, even the one's who we know just basically "fly in" for quarterly meetings, like Whintley Phipps, look suspect. Now, Whintley's own reputation is susffient to keep him from most harm this could do to someone.

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 11 2007, 06:50 PM) *
and so if Linda had had the opportunity to tell her side of the story to the board, had an investigation as you suggested, would it have mattered? None of them or us where there in their bedroom. Just been more he said/she said that we have been reading for over two years now. Relationships deterriate, business partners fallout for all types of reasons, to the point that they have to part ways. Stuff happens, it's business.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Oct 12 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(calvin @ Oct 11 2007, 06:50 PM) *

I fully agree with you here. Business is just business, and it is just a business. "Ministry" is mostly just a facade that makes people feel good about themselves and where they are placing their money. The right words, phrases, and the term "ministry" are just another form of business producing widgets that people are willing and anxious to put their money toward, just like any other product. Appeal to the emotions and claim that those emotions are "the Holy Spirit speaking to you" and people's wallets will quickly open up. All of this stuff about "last days", "Revelation", and all of the fine things said of Jesus are a business sales pitch by people who know how to sell the widgets that Adventists want. Is there anything wrong with that? Have you gotten some satisfaction from hearing what you want to hear, on 3ABN? Maybe that is a good thing... I don't know. Perhaps having the wool pulled over your eyes is not all bad? Maybe being bamboozled by con artists is just another of the finer parts of life and history? Who knows but the Creator who created those who fool, and those who are fooled.

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Oct 12 2007, 04:13 AM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,439

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 12 2007, 12:19 AM) *
I fully agree with you here. Business is just business, and it is just a business. "Ministry" is mostly just a facade that makes people feel good about themselves and where they are placing their money. The right words, phrases, and the term "ministry" are just another form of business producing widgets that people are willing and anxious to put their money toward, just like any other product. Appeal to the emotions and claim that those emotions are "the Holy Spirit speaking to you" and people's wallets will quickly open up. All of this stuff about "last days", "Revelation", and all of the fine things said of Jesus are a business sales pitch by people who know how to sell the widgets that Adventists want. Is there anything wrong with that? Have you gotten some satisfaction from hearing what you want to hear, on 3ABN? Maybe that is a good thing... I don't know. Perhaps having the wool pulled over your eyes is not all bad? Maybe being bamboozled by con artists is just another of the finer parts of life and history? Who knows but the Creator who created those who fool, and those who are fooled.

Sad so terribly sad, "just a business" decision. In a fatal swoop we have heard the whole summation of the argument, "it was a wise business move". It didnt matter wheither the move represented what would Jesus do neither did it make any difference what people who loved Danny and Linda would think it was just a smart business move that would allow things to go smoothly. Hirelings, that is what we have representing the church, simple hirelings working to make money with the added benefit of making heaven their home also, the perfect match.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 12 2007, 04:55 AM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Oct 12 2007, 12:13 PM) *
Sad so terribly sad, "just a business" decision. In a fatal swoop we have heard the whole summation of the argument, "it was a wise business move". It didnt matter wheither the move represented what would Jesus do neither did it make any difference what people who loved Danny and Linda would think it was just a smart business move that would allow things to go smoothly. Hirelings, that is what we have representing the church, simple hirelings working to make money with the added benefit of making heaven their home also, the perfect match.

Well, isn't it rather important that we gain a certain amount of popularity in the business world? Even if we do have to make some compromises on what the Lord expects of us? Is it that important to us to gain a place in His kingdom? Do we not deserve a place there, even if we have to make some adjustments in our spiritual life, if we thereby succeed with our popularity to gain a number of adherents to the unique SDA doctrines? wave.gif flirt.gif bangin.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
judibug60
post Oct 12 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #130

Member No.: 4,245

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 12 2007, 05:55 AM) *
Well, isn't it rather important that we gain a certain amount of popularity in the business world? Even if we do have to make some compromises on what the Lord expects of us? Is it that important to us to gain a place in His kingdom? Do we not deserve a place there, even if we have to make some adjustments in our spiritual life, if we thereby succeed with our popularity to gain a number of adherents to the unique SDA doctrines? wave.gif flirt.gif bangin.gif

you know folks....I have been reading these threads for weeks now without replying.....but I tell you this.....it is at the point with this whole mess, that it appears the whole thing is slowly subsiding....not much activity at all in regards to what is being done......and this kind of thing, unfortunately, has the tendency to slowly dwindle into the shadows, and we as human beings, tend to move on with life and just totally forget it....I think at this point, everyone just has to choose whether they will continue to watch this program or not....I believe that Our Lord gave us a very distinctive book of laws that we MUST follow in order to inherit the kingdom, and unless we follow that law to the TEE>>>>>>> we will lose........There is so much compromise in the SDA faith anymore, that unless you study the BIBLE and the Spirit of Prophecy council continually, you will get caught up in the compromises...and I feel that this is exactly what is going on....somehow there are a few good christians trying to hang on to the true word on that program,,,,,but there is so much compromising going on, that I just don't believe the Good Christrian people will continue to stay with this program....otherwise.....one just has to choose for them selves which way they intend to follow this.....I believe with all my heart that MONEY TALKS.....and if you have more that the next guy....you will win out......I just pray earnestly, that the Lord will step in and not allow the wrong messages that we, as a special people , with the last day message to deliver, are mislead by a "CHRISTIAN" program, that has this kind of standard going on....It is beginning to look like everyother televangilist program being aired on every channel....we are suppose to be preparing for the Lord to come.....and this kind of mess only confirms why there will be such a small handful who will remain true to the Lords Law.....
LORD, Protect our chosen people...........

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Oct 12 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #131

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(beartrap @ Oct 12 2007, 02:19 AM) *

Blessings Bear, long time no see. wave.gif

It's funny when you mentioned the business aspect of this whole scenario another tv "minister/ministry" came to mind. Namely Pat Robertson/CBN.<--- read hear.

In both cases 3ABN and CBN known by many as the 700 Club and, in some circles as "the little horn", I am drawn to the phrase "everything that glitters is not gold." For some it is genuinely about ministering the gospel of Christ Jesus to all. For others, it is simply about the business/money and who they can find gullible enough to buy their snake oil, a lil for the stomach sake so to speak. I am not saying that where I think either of these "ministries" fall in that regard. I am truly thankful however, that God is able to use anything to draw believers to Him regardless of mans intentions or devising.

Peace

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Oct 12 2007, 07:35 AM
Post #132

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(judibug60 @ Oct 12 2007, 08:29 AM) *
I believe that Our Lord gave us a very distinctive book of laws that we MUST follow in order to inherit the kingdom, and unless we follow that law to the TEE>>>>>>> we will lose........

Lots of people have died and are willing to die for this belief. Sadly, it is a misplaced belief.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 12 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Statrei @ Oct 12 2007, 03:35 PM) *
Lots of people have died and are willing to die for this belief. Sadly, it is a misplaced belief.

If so, Where is the proper place for it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Oct 12 2007, 10:10 AM
Post #134

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

The Pharisees had a similar goal, didn't they? It was all about the law. I would hope that by now we would realize that following the yellow brick road of legalism only gets us to a guy pretending to be a wizard. It's my opinion that it is probably best to follow Jesus.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Observer
post Oct 12 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #135

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Oct 11 2007, 01:57 PM) *
"It is not enough to win, all others must lose."

Sun Tzu.

PP:

To be able to cite Sun Tau makes you truely a scholar and a person of letters.

I thought that only peple who have studied [deleted] would know his name.

NOTE: I have deleted the above for privacy reasons.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church