Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15475&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:55:18 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hospitalization Of Danny Shelton, Forwarded Announcement from Club Adventist
Pickle
post Oct 14 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #166

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Ian @ Oct 14 2007, 01:15 AM) *
I don't think we need to undermine or belittle what has been reported, nor play play monday morning quarterback here, especially as you don't have access to his records, or test results, nor do you ever expect to, as you say. With good reason. Privacy issues and patient confidentiality apply here.

If it's all private, then AppleTree can just keep quiet about the whole thing.

These folks have already repeatedly demonstrated that their word cannot be trusted, and that they will resort to questionable means to accomplish their ends. Thus, unless there is some sort of confirmation regarding some of these reports, I think it is rather naive of us to accept at face value anything they say.

When Danny called in to 3ABN Live to talk about his alleged condition, what did he do? He turned it into a plea for money. Of course, in order for that to work, it has to arouse our sympathy.

Has Danny consistently been honest, ethical, and truthful when it comes to making more money? If the answer is yes, then his statements about his health are likely correct.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 14 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #167

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Pickle @ Oct 14 2007, 09:52 PM) *
Good thought, but it doesn't harmonize with what AppleTree said. I believe he said he contacted the pastor who told him that that was not how the conversation went. He then proceeded to describe how the pastor described the conversation.

Is it just me or have you really confused everyone on your last several posts concerning this subject?
First you say Appletree claimed to have talked to Kevin Paulson. Then you tell PB that is not really what appletree said. Appletree said he talked to a pastor. If I said I talked to a pastor then how did Kevin Paulson's name come into it. Refresh my memory.
How could Kevin Paulson say he never discussed any of this with appletree when he doesn't know who appletree is?

This kind of junk is smoke and mirrors with you. Making something out of nothing is your MO. We are all used to it. Your opinion of my credibility is of no significance whatsoever. No matter what you claim to know or what accusations you make, the truth is, you are still an outsider trying to see in. Since you just can't quite reach the window you depend soley on others to feed you. I'm where you want to be. That somewhat explains your animosity towards me.

Getting back on topic on health issues...I remember reading your demands for some sort of proof of Tommy's last stent surgery and wanting proof that he had had a heart attack and several other stents put in. His heart attack and surgeries have been common knowledge for years to anyone that knows him or his family. So strange that you make all kinds of accusations without proof but then demand proof of something that almost anyone can tell you. Including Linda.
Same now goes for Danny. The employees knew, the church knew, the family knew and many were up at the hospital with him. If I am not mistaken, I believe 3abn even made an announcement pertaining to the situation and after Danny came home from the hospital he even talked to Jim Gilley live on the phone on a 3abn today live program about what had happened.

For you to even hint that you need "proof" of this situation is beyond hilarious. In fact, it almost borders on insanity on your part. Perhaps you should take a much needed break from the subject of 3abn before you go completely over the edge.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Oct 14 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #168

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Oct 14 2007, 10:01 AM) *
Ian, thanks for your reply and comments that help make my point.

To answer your question, the fact surgery has not been recommended tells me that the blockages are not located in critical areas of any coronary artery and not that his condition is SO bad that he is not a candidate.

My point is/was that without additional information that I will not see I cannot reach a conclusion as to the medical severity or functional limitations of DS's cardiac condition. I see nothing that suggests his life is in imminent danger or that he can't do pretty much anything he did before. I see a situation where he needs more aggressive treatment to prevent progression of the disease.

Do you think the information tells us anything more than that?

I'm sorry NW but you don't have all the facts to come to any conclusion. I do. I say again. The 2 main arteries are closing up. They are at 50%. The stent was put in a lesser artery that was 90+ blocked. The concern is with the main arteries where he has "hardening" of the arteries, to put it in more old fashioned terms. The doctors feel his coronary disease is aggressive. Obviously. For someone that has not eaten meat, sugar, or dairy for 20+ years, has drank nothing but 100% sugarless juice and water and get's some aggresive exercise, no way should he be where he is at with this thing. When you have already lived that kind of lifestyle your options are few just to slow the disease down. One of those will be cholestrol medication, another will be blood pressure medication, even though his blood pressure is not excessivley high. He will walk everyday. Other than that what more could he do? The doctors have all of this information, they have looked at his heart and the arteries up close and personal. They say any minor arteries that may need stents they will do as the need arises but that does not apply to the main arteries that are closing up. The arteries themselves are not in good shape.
So, NW, I was quoting the doctor when I said he was not a candidate for bypass because his main arteries can't be worked with. Remember, until they got a good look they had said he was blocked at 50% and at 70% they would proceed with bypass. Later they said they wouldn't be able to do a bypass no matter what the percentage. Big difference. This is what heredity can do. Danny's father had a very enlarged heart, very high blood pressure and a hole in his heart as large as a half dollar (from damage done from his first massive heart attack.) Shelton Sr's 2 sisters died with heart attacks, another sister, still living has heart problems. One brother died with a heart attack, another has had a heart attack and bypass surgery. 2 more brothers died with strokes which are also caused from blockages.
Wow, I hope Mr. Pickle doesn't ask for proof of all that.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Oct 15 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #169

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 14 2007, 11:35 PM) *
I'm sorry NW but you don't have all the facts to come to any conclusion. I do. . . . Danny's father had a very enlarged heart, very high blood pressure and a hole in his heart as large as a half dollar (from damage done from his first massive heart attack.). . .

The above comment is interesting. The information that it provides us includes:

1) You are not a physician. If you had stated that Danny's Father has an infarct as large as a half-dollar, that might be possible? But, a hole that size? No way. Danny's Father would have immediately died if the hole was in the outer wall. He would have bled to death into the chest cavity.

2) Yes, I am aware of a developmental condition in which a hole exists between two chambers of the heart. Such a hole, in living people is minute. Such a hole the size of a half-doller would have caused immediate death. NOTE: I do understand life support systems and what could have been acomplislhed by that method.

3) You speak as a layperson, who really has a limited understanding of cardiology. So, if you are wrong about the half-dollar sized hole, can we reasonably expect you to be right about your other statements.

NOTE: I am not challenging the statements that have been made in regard to Danny's health. I am willing to accept them as stated. Yes, I have picked up on minor misstatements that are typically made by people who are not physicians. I have not worried about those. My focus here is not to cast any doubt on Danny's health. It is simply to point out that this person who claims to have the facts, and to speak authoratively has clearly made a major misstatement that demonstrates a basic lack of understanding of cardiology.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Oct 15 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #170

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

It's really not surprising that Danny and Tommy have heart issues when you consider the link between stress/guilt and heart disease. Tragic, but not surprising.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
lurker
post Oct 15 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #171

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I used to go to take my mother in law to the doctor. Her mother died from a chronic disease when my mother in law was a child. Her mother had special food and was the center of attention in an effort to cure her. My mother in law had "conditions" ever since I knew her-some of which were real.

When I would go to the doctor with her, she would retell to the family what the doctor told her but she would "embroider the truth" it a bit and sometimes she would remember the doctor telling her things that he never said. Of course because of confidentiality, the doctor could not tell this to the rest of the family.

She was uneducated though she was a hard worker in spite of her conditions. She worried when one of my children went to New England because "it was so far overseas and what if something happened over there"? She didn't understand how her body worked. I can easily imagine her telling her family that the doctor said that she had a huge hole in her heart. She was a drama queen and thrived on adrenaline. And I loved her dearly and miss her very much.

This post has been edited by lurker: Oct 15 2007, 06:30 AM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Oct 15 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #172

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Pickle @ Oct 13 2007, 09:51 PM) *
AppleTree,

Remember when you claimed that you had talked to Kevin Paulson and that the conversation in which Danny said that Brandy had chased him for 17 years didn't really go that way? And so I called Kevin and he told me no one had talked to him about that, and that he still stands by his story, that Danny told him that?

In other words, you have already demonstrated that your word cannot be trusted, and that when you are called on it you refuse to explain the discrepancy.

In yet other words, if you can't provide one shred of documentation to back up your claims regarding Danny's health and tests and such, I am inclined not to believe a word you say. But provide documentation to support your claims, and I can accept that freely.

Fish that swallow everything that comes along get hooked, and end up in the frying pan.

Pickle I have to agree with your assessment. The other thing I find very curious is this... did not appletree come to BSDA claiming to have little or no knowledge and no personal agenda regarding the things happening at 3abn? Of course I may be mistaken but, as I recall, we had a number of folks come into BSDA claiming to be honest Christians and sharing their disappointment in the fact that these issues were even discussed. Then it came out later that a number of these same folks were either related to each other in some fashion and, later claimed to have "inside" information.

I am still trying to understand how so many "honest" and concerned Christian viewers, who claim to have no agenda or, personal contact, with the main people involved, get from there to becoming personal confidants to the very same people in a matter of weeks?

Yet and still he, and those like him, persists in questioning the Christ likeness of other members of BSDA.

Marinate on that.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Oct 15 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #173

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(appletree @ Oct 15 2007, 12:15 AM) *
Is it just me or have you really confused everyone on your last several posts concerning this subject?
First you say Appletree claimed to have talked to Kevin Paulson. Then you tell PB that is not really what appletree said. Appletree said he talked to a pastor. If I said I talked to a pastor then how did Kevin Paulson's name come into it. Refresh my memory.
How could Kevin Paulson say he never discussed any of this with appletree when he doesn't know who appletree is?

This kind of junk is smoke and mirrors with you. Making something out of nothing is your MO. We are all used to it. Your opinion of my credibility is of no significance whatsoever. No matter what you claim to know or what accusations you make, the truth is, you are still an outsider trying to see in. Since you just can't quite reach the window you depend soley on others to feed you. I'm where you want to be. That somewhat explains your animosity towards me.

Getting back on topic on health issues...I remember reading your demands for some sort of proof of Tommy's last stent surgery and wanting proof that he had had a heart attack and several other stents put in. His heart attack and surgeries have been common knowledge for years to anyone that knows him or his family. So strange that you make all kinds of accusations without proof but then demand proof of something that almost anyone can tell you. Including Linda.
Same now goes for Danny. The employees knew, the church knew, the family knew and many were up at the hospital with him. If I am not mistaken, I believe 3abn even made an announcement pertaining to the situation and after Danny came home from the hospital he even talked to Jim Gilley live on the phone on a 3abn today live program about what had happened.

For you to even hint that you need "proof" of this situation is beyond hilarious. In fact, it almost borders on insanity on your part. Perhaps you should take a much needed break from the subject of 3abn before you go completely over the edge.

WOW! If that isn't a statement of self-importance, I don't know what is. Appletree, the Bible tells us that if we think we're something when we're really nothing, we are fooling ourselves. I'm not saying that you are unimportant as a human being, but I am saying that your statement that Pickle wishes he were in your place is laced with conceit and, in my personal opinion, was totally uncalled for.

No offense, but I, for one, would certainly not want to be in your place. This is even more true after that statement to Pickle.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Oct 15 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #174

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Oct 15 2007, 07:04 AM) *
No offense, but I, for one, would certainly not want to be in your place. This is even more true after that statement to Pickle.

Sounds like, J4J, you're backing away quickly before the lightning hits ... I sure am. blink.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 15 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #175

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Oct 15 2007, 03:37 PM) *
Sounds like, J4J, you're backing away quickly before the lightning hits ... I sure am. blink.gif

Mr. Appletree needs our prayers. It must be utterly humiliating that one person after another catches him in making statements that can easily be detected as untrustworthy. That does not help the cause he tries to defend. He needs to see the truth in the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ and help 3ABN give it to others.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Oct 15 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #176

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

I have a question about Danny's diet...Not too many years ago he was on a live show talking how he still was eating fish. He was on within the last couple of years that his food weakness was some kind of cheese curls or something like that...so how strict is he on his diet???? He is not adhereing to the health message that 3ABN promotes if he is eating these things.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Oct 15 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #177

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Oct 15 2007, 10:59 AM) *
I have a question about Danny's diet...Not too many years ago he was on a live show talking how he still was eating fish. He was on within the last couple of years that his food weakness was some kind of cheese curls or something like that...so how strict is he on his diet???? He is not adhereing to the health message that 3ABN promotes if he is eating these things.

So keen of you to notice that.... smile.gif ..... yes... the "life-long" part of the affirmations were what bemused me. But then.... "affirmations" being the "powerful things" that they are.... it is no doubt but what if said often enough they will change history and make it what the affirmation says it is...

rofl1.gif

..............angel.gif..............

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Oct 15 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #178

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Beartrap posted the below statement on Sept. 19 when this happened. I find no reason to distrust his word. Danny might like some fish every now and then and even a cheese curl or two. That does not mean that he binges out on either, it just mean he treats himself every once in a while. That in itself, will bring him to the condition him finds himself at present. Some on people. Having him change his ways is one thing, but to "kick a man while he is down" is quite another. Now, I was even skeptical of the lifelong thing, but I think it was answered by Bear's post. Like many of us Danny became careful many years ago, when he became aware of the dangers his diet could do to his health. I also know that his defenders here tend to g overboard in their defense, so they said "lifelong" were questioned on it and Bear supplied the correction. Can you let this one go?

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 19 2007, 04:01 PM) *
Danny is very careful with his diet, and has been for a long time. He will not hardly eat anything with sugar or that has much fat content. He eats a lot of fruit. He seems to have a hereditary problem that has most likely been exacerbated by stress. Considering the family history, I would say that he has done remarkably well to go this long before it flared up, and that is probably due to his careful diet and exercise. When it comes to health habits (apart from not getting enough sleep) Danny has been quite exemplary for many years.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Oct 15 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #179

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(princessdi @ Oct 15 2007, 05:59 PM) *
Beartrap posted the below statement on Sept. 19 when this happened. I find no reason to distrust his word. Danny might like some fish every now and then and even a cheese curl or two. That does not mean that he binges out on either, it just mean he treats himself every once in a while. That in itself, will bring him to the condition him finds himself at present. Some on people. Having him change his ways is one thing, but to "kick a man while he is down" is quite another. Now, I was even skeptical of the lifelong thing, but I think it was answered by Bear's post. Like many of us Danny became careful many years ago, when he became aware of the dangers his diet could do to his health. I also know that his defenders here tend to g overboard in their defense, so they said "lifelong" were questioned on it and Bear supplied the correction. Can you let this one go?

I have on occasions eaten together with Danny and I know this to be true. He is very careful what he eats, and so is Tommy. No deserts for them, was my observation.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 15 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #180

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Johann @ Oct 15 2007, 09:16 AM) *
Mr. Appletree needs our prayers. It must be utterly humiliating that one person after another catches him in making statements that can easily be detected as untrustworthy. That does not help the cause he tries to defend. He needs to see the truth in the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ and help 3ABN give it to others.

There is a simple solution to this conversation. My friend got a picture of the before stint and after stint.

Maybe Appletree could post Danny's before and after. That would bring this conversation to a better understanding I am sure.

My friends picture shows the artery came to an abrupt stop in the before, but in the after, the blood is flowing beautifully. Praise God! A picture is truly worth a thousand words.

Appletree, can we see Danny's before and after pics?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church