Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15475&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:55:04 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hospitalization Of Danny Shelton, Forwarded Announcement from Club Adventist
lurker
post Sep 28 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

I for one wasn't talking about the second marriage failing and resulting in another divorce but of the possibility of Brandy being a young widow due to Danny's health. However, can we agree that there are marriages that are recognized by the state and by society that are not recognized as such by heaven? And while I am not advocating the breakup of the current marriage which would result in yet another abandonment of wife and children, I am familiar with the practice in a certain non Adventist religion of planning to sin and then going to confession. And then "everything is okey dokey doncha know"?

The problem is that of the sin of presumption. Sorry if I seem judgemental. It isn't the people involved that I dislike. It is this very ingrained practice by both men and women doing what they want and then trying to rationalize it away. And of not calling sin by its right name. I have also seen in my long life (I was amused to see my post seen as immature-perhaps I am in my second childhood) lots of covering over of sin by the good old boy system. Heaven help you if you are ever out of favor with this "GOBS". And that is what it looks like to me. IMHO

This post has been edited by lurker: Sep 28 2007, 04:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 28 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #62

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 28 2007, 08:09 AM) *
. . . planning to sin and then going to confession.

O.K.

What is our human responsibility in such a case?

Who is able to make such a determination?

What is the responsibility of God in such a case?

Is the power of God's plan of salvation powerful enough to deal with such a case, or is such something that lies outside of salvation:?

Important questions. The answers one accepts will likely affect one's practice of religion, as well as one's construct of God.

This post has been edited by Observer: Sep 28 2007, 09:07 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 28 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Sep 26 2007, 02:28 PM) *
The point is that others were involved in the establishment of 3ABN, and their efforts are being ignored. The only point that you have added is that these efforts have been ignored all along. That doesn't justify a blessed thing.

It says an awful lot for the humility of the others to sit quietly in the "back seat" while Danny hogged the spotlight. In any case, the involvement of the others was just as important and should be recognized.

Now for the all-important question....Isn't GOD the actual founder of 3ABN?

I agree that God is the founder of 3ABN but he works through our human forms. In this case Danny was the original founder. He married Linda after the orignal vision that turned into 3abn. Kenny also began with him after the original vision.

Several points need to be made here. In the case of most corporations, ministries, industries, whatever, there are many people involved to get it up and running but there usually remains a founder. How many people do you think were involved with making the first Ford vehicle a reality? But do we know these people today. No. We only know of Mr. Ford as the founder.

The Shelton's mother, Goldie, was instrumental in supporting the work from the very beginning. She folded thousands of news letters, answered phones, sat on the board and gave financially when other monies weren't coming in....should she be a founder?

3ABN would never have been able to get off the ground power wise if not for an engineer named Clarence Larson who at first, volunteered his time and effort showing the Shelton's what must be done to raise up a satellite station. Should he be included as Founder.

Had a lady named Mrs. Summers not donated her property where 3 phase power was already running, the idea would have stopped right there since there was no other property, at that time, that had that kind of power. Should she be considered a founder?

Now we can always go from another angle. Linda was basically a secretary in the beginning. Kenny was the Vice President. There have been many people that have verified that Linda was the one behind the scenes, planting seeds of unrest between the 2 brothers until finally they seperated and Kenny started his own ministry. Now that would add up since "guess who" became the VP then. But, my point is that after Kenny left, never did Linda, herself, address the fact that Kenny had ever existed. The people closest to her knew she didn't want it in the video that was made about 3abn nor any books that have been written. One book gives Kenny a passing glance as helping to start it. Never that he was the VP before Linda. So If we want to look at it from the point that Danny is "lying" if he doesn't say Linda is a founder, then Linda was lying when she didn't want it published that Kenny was a co founder and VP.

Really the whole argument is a waste of time. As said earlier, it takes many people to begin something of this magnitude but it always goes back to the original guy that had the original vision to take the first step towards making that vision a reality.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Sep 28 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 28 2007, 09:06 AM) *
I agree that God is the founder of 3ABN but he works through our human forms. In this case Danny was the original founder. He married Linda after the orignal vision that turned into 3abn. Kenny also began with him after the original vision.

I disagree. The founder may not be the one who had the vision (concept), but rather the group of people who translated that concept into reality.

e. g. Ellen White had the vision. Yet she is only called a co-founder of the SDA denomination. The reason: There were a small group of people who established what became the SDA denomination. EGW was one. There were others.

In a situation like existed in the beginnings of 3-ABN, it is a sexist attitude that seeks to ignore the contribution of Linda, and attribute the glory to Danny. It is this sexist attitude that places women in the kitchen and the bedroom, and if they go into business, calls them a Secretary. After all, is that not that where all women should be--married to a nice man, feeding him, and available for recreation after a hard day at work which involved making important decisions? Nothing like that to relax him so he is ready for the morrow.

sad.gif

By the way: God may have given the vision to found 3-ABN, but whether or not God was the founder would depend on the extent to which those who extablished 3-ABN carried out the will of God.

In addition:

Can we say that because something brings people to Christ, that God approves of the agency used to bring those people to Christ?

Is it the agency that converts or is it God?

NOTE:

I have a sermon I sometimes preach about a woman who began her spiritiual journey back to God sitting on a stool in a bar on a Friday night. Should I send people to a bar on Friday night to get converted?

The movie and Broadway play, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, did bring some people to Christ, and SDA Chruch. Should I use that movie in evangelism?

I heard a powerful story once of one person's spiritual journey back to God that began with his call to a pay-by-the-minute sex talk line. Should we set our women up as pay-by-the minute sex talk people in order to win them to Christ?

My point: God uses any means to convert people--even a customer's question in a bar on Friday night, a sacrelligious movie, and a telephone line established for sexual relief.

God can use a human agency in a manner not intended by those who established that agency, if that is what it takes.

This post has been edited by Observer: Sep 28 2007, 09:33 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 28 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lurker @ Sep 28 2007, 09:09 AM) *
I for one wasn't talking about the second marriage failing and resulting in another divorce but of the possibility of Brandy being a young widow due to Danny's health. However, can we agree that there are marriages that are recognized by the state and by society that are not recognized as such by heaven? And while I am not advocating the breakup of the current marriage which would result in yet another abandonment of wife and children, I am familiar with the practice in a certain non Adventist religion of planning to sin and then going to confession. And then "everything is okey dokey doncha know"?

The problem is that of the sin of presumption. Sorry if I seem judgemental. It isn't the people involed that I dislike. It is this very ingrained practice by both men and women doing what they want and then trying to rationalize it away. And of not calling sin by its right name. I have also seen in my long life (I was amused to see my post seen as immature-perhaps I am in my second childhood) lots of covering over of sin by the good old boy system. Heaven help you if you are ever out of favor with this "GOBS". And that is what it looks like to me. IMHO

Yes you do seem judgemental especially if you do not have proof to back up your accusations. You can speculate on the divorce all day long but you still don't have the facts. I'm quite sure you never will. But there are plenty that know the truth, have seen the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Out of curiosity I wonder how many on this site have been divorced and remarried? How many of these same people were misjudged as to the "real" events that took place behind closed doors? How many false rumors were started about you when your divorce became public knowledge? Not fun is it. Yet you spread and fabricate the same kind of rumors towards Danny with nothing to go on but internet gossip.

There are so many things that do not add up with your "throw Linda out" theory. No one has ever been able to explain, if that was the case, then why did he build her a deck on her new residence with his own money. Why did they go out to eat almost everyday while doing so? After the divorce why did he drive her to the airport for her Norway trip? Why in his own email months after the divorce, did he tell her it wasn't too late if she would stop doing what she was doing? Why did he ask his pastor and others to counsel them if he was trying to get rid of her. Then we have the biggest question of all. Not one person that new them personally, or spent time travelling with them, has said anything other than he catered to her, gave her own way constantly, bragged on her continually, and hid the fact that she never cooked, cleaned or even did his laundry because, he didn't want anyone to think bad of her. Now folks, these are people that new them intimately. That spent hours on the road, in planes and hotels with them. That seen them at their worst and at their best. Yet, somehow, you all know more that the people that were there and experienced it........yah...right....

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 28 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 28 2007, 11:05 AM) *
O.K.

What is our human responsibility in such a case?

Who is able to make such a determination?

What is the responsibility of God in such a case?

Is the power of God's plan of salvation powerful enough to deal with such a case, or is such something that lies outside of salvation:?

Important questions. The answers one accepts will likely affect one's practice of religion, as well as one's construct of God.

I believe our responsibility in such a case is the same as it would be in any other situation where people are engaging in self destructive activity. You try to find out the truth so as to not falsely accuse but to hold them accountable.You can't make them do right. Sometimes the more you push, the more self defensive they will get. Sometimes you have to let them experience the results of their own actions. Sometimes they won't experience that until Jesus comes. You do the best you can to protect your family, friends, church, the reputation of God etc from the adverse effects of the unwise actions of others.

Who can make such a determination? Sometimes we even deceive ourselves and can't even be objective about our own behavior. Only God knows the heart. All we can do is determine the documentable facts. We can put our influence on the side of those trying to be just, kind, even handed and open minded.

The responsibility of God in such a case is: The Holy Spirit's (a member of the godhead) repsonsibility is to try to lead one to repentance. There is the story in the Bible of the son who said no but then changed and did the Father's will. God's responsibility and desire is to forgive where there is genuine repentance. Of course a person can be converted even if they resist the Holy Spirit. They just can't resist forever without being lost.

Do you disagree?

+Quote Post
appletree
post Sep 28 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Sep 28 2007, 10:18 AM) *
I disagree. The founder may not be the one who had the vision (concept), but rather the group of people who translated that concept into reality.

e. g. Ellen White had the vision. Yet she is only called a co-founder of the SDA denomination. The reason: There were a small group of people who established what became the SDA denomination. EGW was one. There were others.

In a situation like existed in the beginnings of 3-ABN, it is a sexist attitude that seeks to ignore the contribution of Linda, and attribute the glory to Danny. It is this sexist attitude that places women in the kitchen and the bedroom, and if they go into business, calls them a Secretary. After all, is that not that where all women should be--married to a nice man, feeding him, and available for recreation after a hard day at work which involved making important decisions? Nothing like that to relax him so he is ready for the morrow.

sad.gif

Well, that scenerio certainly wouldn't apply to Linda since she did none of those things that you name above. As far as a sexist attitude I guess that must have worked the other way when Linda wanted Kenny axed from the history of 3abn.
As far as her secretarial job, sorry, that's exactly what it was. Her main job was to write the little newsletter they began to put out and answer some letters. I call that a secretary regardless if it was a man or woman doing those jobs.

For all your good intentions, Gregory, you like the others, weren't there. You have formed your opinions on what you have been fed and trust me, it has been totally one sided as well as filled with falsehoods. Anyone with good sense would not take the word of outsiders whose only sources are stories on the internet, or from the ex wife, over those that spent intimate time with both Danny and Linda as a couple and were eyewitnesses and even involved with, the seperation and divorce process.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 28 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #68

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You realize that by your statement below you just demonstrated exactly what Greg was talking about. You just belittlled and minimzed Linda's role in the forming of 3ABN. We all know that not to be true, but you tried it anyway. She is co-founder, as well as Kenny. No amount of justification changes the facts. That is not the story that was told when she was still there...they did every thing together. She was cofounder until Danny perceived getting his ego bruised. Now because Danny says so, she did almost nothing. this is why you and your group are not credible, Appletree. nonono.gif

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 28 2007, 08:34 AM) *
Well, that scenerio certainly wouldn't apply to Linda since she did none of those things that you name above. As far as a sexist attitude I guess that must have worked the other way when Linda wanted Kenny axed from the history of 3abn.
As far as her secretarial job, sorry, that's exactly what it was. Her main job was to write the little newsletter they began to put out and answer some letters. I call that a secretary regardless if it was a man or woman doing those jobs.
For all your good intentions, Gregory, you like the others, weren't there. You have formed your opinions on what you have been fed and trust me, it has been totally one sided as well as filled with falsehoods. Anyone with good sense would not take the word of outsiders whose only sources are stories on the internet, or from the ex wife, over those that spent intimate time with both Danny and Linda as a couple and were eyewitnesses and even involved with, the seperation and divorce process.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Sep 28 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 29 2007, 01:25 AM) *
Yes you do seem judgemental especially if you do not have proof to back up your accusations. You can speculate on the divorce all day long but you still don't have the facts. I'm quite sure you never will. But there are plenty that know the truth, have seen the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Out of curiosity I wonder how many on this site have been divorced and remarried? How many of these same people were misjudged as to the "real" events that took place behind closed doors? How many false rumors were started about you when your divorce became public knowledge? Not fun is it. Yet you spread and fabricate the same kind of rumors towards Danny with nothing to go on but internet gossip.

There are so many things that do not add up with your "throw Linda out" theory. No one has ever been able to explain, if that was the case, then why did he build her a deck on her new residence with his own money. Why did they go out to eat almost everyday while doing so? After the divorce why did he drive her to the airport for her Norway trip? Why in his own email months after the divorce, did he tell her it wasn't too late if she would stop doing what she was doing? Why did he ask his pastor and others to counsel them if he was trying to get rid of her. Then we have the biggest question of all. Not one person that new them personally, or spent time travelling with them, has said anything other than he catered to her, gave her own way constantly, bragged on her continually, and hid the fact that she never cooked, cleaned or even did his laundry because, he didn't want anyone to think bad of her. Now folks, these are people that new them intimately. That spent hours on the road, in planes and hotels with them. That seen them at their worst and at their best. Yet, somehow, you all know more that the people that were there and experienced it........yah...right....

I am away from home and using another computer, and relying on memory for this.

Some time ago I think it was Johann who made a post, referring to a time when his wife was still alive, and to a time when he was with both Danny and Linda. Hearing the way Danny was speaking to Linda - from memory they were in a car together - his instinctive reaction was to pray "God, help this marriage". As I recall, and in my words not his, Johann felt that Danny's conversation was showing contempt for Linda.

(And for the record, yes I have been divorced and remarried.)

+Quote Post
lurker
post Sep 28 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #70

Advanced Member

No, I have never been divorced. I have lived long enough to have seen many divorces and they seem to play out about the same. The book "Love Must be Tough" by James Dobson explains it better than I can including the blame game people play.

This post has been edited by lurker: Sep 28 2007, 11:50 AM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 28 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Now, I don't know about the rest of the stuf, but I am almost positive he knew she didn't do any of these things "before" they got married, so it is a moot point. Even if she stopped doing them sometime during the marriage, he accepted it and went on, because by your own words, he hid it. It was not a problem and has only come up now, when it is thrown into the pot to make her look bad.

I also know, in all fairness that couples divorcing is not a pretty sight. Things are done and said, with conflicting emotions. It is not surprising that some things went on. Nobody ever said that Danny never loved or cared about Linda, or visa versa. You are right Appletree, most of the things which take place take place in the presence of only the two people and God. when other's view them, they are out of context, and often worse than the actual event.

That being said, Appletree. There are enough public situations to make a case for the events to get a good idea about the general relationship at that point. Surely the results are very telling. Naw, you've got to come better than that, Appletree.

QUOTE(appletree @ Sep 28 2007, 08:25 AM) *

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Delford
post Sep 28 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #72

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,165

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 28 2007, 10:56 AM) *
You realize that by your statement below you just demonstrated exactly what Greg was talking about. You just belittlled and minimzed Linda's role in the forming of 3ABN. We all know that not to be true, but you tried it anyway. She is co-founder, as well as Kenny. No amount of justification changes the facts. That is not the story that was told when she was still there...they did every thing together. She was cofounder until Danny perceived getting his ego bruised. Now because Danny says so, she did almost nothing. this is why you and your group are not credible, Appletree. nonono.gif

It seems obvious to me that appletree has some intimate knowledge of what goes on at 3ABN. I don't see he and his group not credible just because you disagree with him. I didn't see where appletree was trying to belittle Linda for her role at 3ABN when it first started. How do you know Danny had a "bruised ego?" And what makes you think appletree got his information from Danny? Did Danny tell you this?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 28 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Uh Delford, if Danny did not tell Appletree all those these he was listing in his post, he should not be repeating them. They are, indeed, intimiate details of a marriage. That is really the only reason he needs to be speaking aobut any of this. He is claiming that the other's may know some, but he knows better, and unless he is Danny, or Danny told him, then he needs to let it go. I have asked and never got an answer as to how Appletree get such intimate details.

Also, any man's ego is cruised when he believes or talks himself into believing that his wife has chosen another man's company over his own, is that not correct. To say that all Linda did at the start of 3ABN was to send out the news letter and type letters, is a joke. It is a joke because, they are only claiming that now. When Linda was at 3ABN it was how hard "they(Danny and Linda)" worked and sacrificed. Plus it doesn't even make common sense. There are too many people who have or have had their own buisnesses to believe that mess. Her role is being mimimized in order to justify Danny calling himself sole founder of 3ABN. A vision is important, but it is nothing if the work is never done to make it come to fruition. Which would have made Danny a man with big dreams, but still a carpenter trying to make it singing as a "southern gospel singing star" Linda, Danny's wife, helped him do that work.

Because Danny has positioned himself as a "leader in christian living", it really looks bad for him to discount Linda's role in the founding of 3ABN. It is mean and spiteful. Especially, since this has only been the story for a little over 3 years. It is the same as him inferring on TV that since TS took ovee the job Linda had the programming had improved soo much. That one I heard myself. He needs to do better. You never, ever forget where you came from or who helped you along the way, giving them proper credit.

BTW, Danny hasn't told me anything since the first lies he came here to tell 3+ years ago. I only wish he would man up and speak for himself, at least every once in a while.

Now, I just noticed that this was the thread tht was supposed to be aobut Danny illness. I apologize for going off topic here, and every let's get back OT. How is Danny's recovery coming along?

QUOTE(Delford @ Sep 28 2007, 02:53 PM) *
It seems obvious to me that appletree has some intimate knowledge of what goes on at 3ABN. I don't see he and his group not credible just because you disagree with him. I didn't see where appletree was trying to belittle Linda for her role at 3ABN when it first started. How do you know Danny had a "bruised ego?" And what makes you think appletree got his information from Danny? Did Danny tell you this?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
summertime
post Sep 28 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

[TW, Danny hasn't told me anything since the first lies he came here to tell 3+ years ago. I only wish he would man up and speak for himself, at least every once in a while.
Now, I just noticed that this was the thread tht was supposed to be aobut Danny illness. I apologize for going off topic here, and every let's get back OT. How is Danny's recovery coming along?[/color]
[/quote]

My daughter told me that she was watching 3ABN yesterday and they had 'live' a campmeetimg going on with Brandy and Danny talking quite fluently. Does anyone here know if this is a repeat or has Danny recovered enough to speak at a new fall campmeetimg. I hope that he is recovering. Any news?

+Quote Post
mikell
post Sep 28 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(princessdi @ Sep 28 2007, 09:56 AM) *

Pricessdi, I have an old video tape that proves beyond doubt that for sure shows Linda to be a co-founder of 3ABN, it is called New Holy Ground. Appletree has no idea what he is talking about, he was not there!

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church