Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1664&st=300 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:58:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest On 3abn - Round 3, Kay Kuzma Response to L Shelton Story
Prisca
post Mar 18 2006, 07:46 AM
Post #301

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

My wake up call to the 'system' was I had to sign an agreement not to sue for them to disconnect my Mom from the respirator! Everyone is looking out for themselves. Who knows what damage could be done if she were allowed to speak? What dreams crushed? What ministries discontinued? What about music rights and privileges? As was said, this isn't about equality and fairness. I have never seen a divorce...not that I've seen everything...where something wasn't hidden.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 18 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #302

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Prisca @ Mar 18 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]122038[/snapback]

My wake up call to the 'system' was I had to sign an agreement not to sue for them to disconnect my Mom from the respirator! Everyone is looking out for themselves. Who knows what damage could be done if she were allowed to speak? What dreams crushed? What ministries discontinued? What about music rights and privileges? As was said, this isn't about equality and fairness. I have never seen a divorce...not that I've seen everything...where something wasn't hidden.

very true Priscilla, I did not even think about those ancillary, and tertiary issues....especially the music.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Prisca
post Mar 18 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #303

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 18 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]122054[/snapback]

very true Priscilla, I did not even think about those ancillary, and tertiary issues....especially the music.....

Oh Clay, it's sometimes amazes me how careful and thorough we can be legally. I don't know anything but I surely imagine. No residuals, no health care. If we could look backstage in sooo many situations...

Priscilla

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 20 2006, 01:15 AM
Post #304

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(claborn @ Aug 17 2004, 07:04 AM) [snapback]22645[/snapback]

If she was counseling Linda, then why is she giving particulars about what Linda's actions and responses were to her intervention? This is no different from our other thread about pastors counseling and then preaching sermons about it. Isn't that a breach of confidentiality? And I agree why is she providing more damaging info about Linda? No there is more to this... much more.....

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 17 2004, 08:51 AM) [snapback]22678[/snapback]

I did not know Kay was a professional counselor. This seems very unethical to give this much information. She said everything but utter the phase “Linda had an affair”.

QUOTE(claborn @ Aug 17 2004, 09:01 AM) [snapback]22686[/snapback]

As a counselor she should know better... it is better to let the rumors fly and the mud hit you than reveal confidential stuff.....

In fact, it would have best if she had said nothing.....

QUOTE(mema @ Aug 17 2004, 09:32 AM) [snapback]22707[/snapback]

My question would be this now, since Kay alledgelly put Linda's business out there, doesn't that leave her open for suit? Because if she is a counselor, then that is a breach of confidentiality. And there is no way to take it back now. Once we get it, it is over.

All of you were dead on pernt! If she was truly a "counselor/therapist" - this is grounds to lose the right to practice..... per HIPPA....
QUOTE(claborn @ Aug 17 2004, 10:04 AM) [snapback]22741[/snapback]

This is just the tip of the iceberg... and again why contact Calvin and not the other boards?

dunno.gif
QUOTE(claborn @ Aug 18 2004, 09:32 PM) [snapback]23634[/snapback]

....I said it from the beginning, what was done and is being done to Linda Shelton is not right, period. I am not sure how far reaching our objections are, but at least we have voiced our opinion that it is not right....

yes.gif
QUOTE(Denny @ Mar 16 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]121834[/snapback]

Wow just read her site and people talk about marrying an Adventist who loves the Lord makes you equally yoked one who 'loves the Lord' does not allow ones spouse to be treated thus.....but then what do i know...

This "hot mess on toast" would make one "a-scared" of all SDA menseses.... I know I was wary before and am even more hecka-'fraid now....
QUOTE(Nuggie @ Mar 16 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]121866[/snapback]

Ah yes...the good ole SDA double-standard at work. Wonder how many folks are outraged about this?

Probably only those that know the "truf" of the matter at hand....

What you do in the dark, will surely come to light.....

Trust.

yes.gif

....& if he got married - and that GUAM divorce is not actually "valid" - then he is a bigot.

Yep.

I said it.

Whut?

huh.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Mar 20 2006, 07:05 AM
Post #305

Guests

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 20 2006, 02:15 AM) [snapback]122151[/snapback]

....& if he got married - and that GUAM divorce is not actually "valid" - then he is a bigot.

Yep.

I said it.

Whut?

huh.gif

We all knew you meant 'bigamist.' But, he could be a bigot as well.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 20 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #306

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(statrei @ Mar 20 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]122166[/snapback]

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 20 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #307

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Mar 20 2006, 08:05 AM) [snapback]122166[/snapback]

That too....
QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 20 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]122169[/snapback]

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

giggle.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Ephphatha
post Mar 21 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #308

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 872

Maybe it is just me, but from what I have read from the (alleged) article and the (alleged) reply (I say alleged because if I can't verify it came out of the horses mouth I won't credit the statements to Ms. Kuzma or the other person named) by Ms. Kuzma it would appear that she is not giving new information, just correctly false information. Neither is any of the information provided confidential, but rather information anyone employed at 3abn would realisitcally have access to on some level or the other. Her statement didn't reveal any information that is not already common knowledge by those who choose to get a complete unbiased, but factual run down of the actual situation.

But laying all that aside, I realize this is a discussion board, but regardless of who is right or wrong, whether bad judgement calls were made or whether confidentiality was broken the important thing for us as christians (of any faith) is to pray for them and let the buck stop here instead of judging our brothers and sisters in christ by what we perceive they have done. Ridicule does not help anyone nor does it allow forgiveness to take place. We are supposed to be a united people in Christ and I don't see him down here taking part in this convo on the level that some are, nor do I see Him happy with us discussing rather assisting in the elimination of the problem.

But thats just me.

--------------------
Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou preceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. Proverbs 14:7

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 21 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #309

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

the players is this saga were verified long ago... I even contacted Kay Kuzma myself when this was a hot topic, and she responded (its in another thread somewhere).

We have never falsely accused anyone, but have given our opinion about what we have observed either in person, in print or on t.v. Some of what went on in this situation was wrong. Period. The person who instigated smearing the reputation of Linda Shelton was wrong... Jesus probably would not be pleased with that and might even take to task the person who did so....

How exactly can this problem be eliminated would be my question.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 21 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #310

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

If Linda Shelton stated in "session" anything to Kuzma - and Kuzma states that on a public forum - while the person that it is about (Ms. Shelton) can't "speak on it" - then this is sooo wrong.

Per HIPPA any communication in session is to be off limits to third parties.

She stated direct statements that were "said" to her.... Therefore - per HIPPA she is out of line.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ephphatha
post Mar 21 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #311

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 21 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback]122371[/snapback]

the players is this saga were verified long ago... I even contacted Kay Kuzma myself when this was a hot topic, and she responded (its in another thread somewhere).

We have never falsely accused anyone, but have given our opinion about what we have observed either in person, in print or on t.v. Some of what went on in this situation was wrong. Period. The person who instigated smearing the reputation of Linda Shelton was wrong... Jesus probably would not be pleased with that and might even take to task the person who did so....

How exactly can this problem be eliminated would be my question.....

As I said, I don't credit anything to anyone unless its from the horses mouth. That is not saying you're lying or that the info is incorrect, it just helps me to be sure that what I choose to believe and retain in my mind is something based in fact rather than fiction.

My point is that it shouldn't be considered a "saga" where "players" are identified. I never said anyone was falsely accused, I said that our reactions and statements should be different regardless of the authenticity of a statement or not. I agree Jesus would not be pleased, but even if He did take that person to task it would be in His way of bringing home the wrong to them and them alone with the least amount embarassement as possible. I'm not defending what happened, but I'm also not supporting what is going on here.

The problem is eliminated by changing the way you look at a respond to it. As a person who has been disciplined by the church I found that it was more hurtful for people to be discussing my situation seperate of me (especially those who had no firsthand knowledge of the situation). I knew there would be those who would get information from unreliable sources and believe it and I knew there would be people who would get ther information from reliable sources, but what assisted in my healing and what eliminated the problem was those people who rather than continuing to discuss who did what wrong and why or how this or that was handled improperly, they just dropped that and prayed for me specifically and those who chose to continue talking about things they either didn't know anything about or had no business dealing with in the first place.

--------------------
Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou preceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. Proverbs 14:7

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 21 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #312

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 21 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]122372[/snapback]

If Linda Shelton stated in "session" anything to Kuzma - and Kuzma states that on a public forum - while the person that it is about (Ms. Shelton) can't "speak on it" - then this is sooo wrong.

She stated direct statements that were "said" to her.... Therefore - per HIPPA she is out of line.

I quoted myself only to state this.....

Even if this entire "saga" is a lie. If Linda did actually "cheat" and was "wrong" - the fact remains that she has stated information that was discussed in "session" w/ her client.

That is unethical and against HIPPA Statutes.

Don't matter if it's lies, truths, half-truths, fiction, fable, non-fiction statements. If it was said in session - and then discussed in public - (and she did name her client...) - then she broke confidentiality and HIPPA regulations.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ephphatha
post Mar 21 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #313

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 21 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]122372[/snapback]

I may have read wrong, but Ms. Kuzma never says that Mrs. Shelton said anything to her in session, infact she states that she only became aware of the situation after in became necessary for the board to step in. That means that she was not acting in the "privileged" capacity depicted by HIPPA laws. She was operating as a board member. She said that prior to it coming to the board it was trying to be handled in way where the least amount of people were involved and Mrs. Shelton's reputation was protected. However, it would seem that this was not successful because the situation was brought to the board. That would suggest that things had become public enough already for the board to have to make an official movement to make sure that the reputation and witness of the ministry of 3abn was not compromised moreso than it already was.

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 21 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #314

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Ephphatha @ Mar 21 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]122379[/snapback]

As I said, I don't credit anything to anyone unless its from the horses mouth. That is not saying you're lying or that the info is incorrect, it just helps me to be sure that what I choose to believe and retain in my mind is something based in fact rather than fiction.

My point is that it shouldn't be considered a "saga" where "players" are identified. I never said anyone was falsely accused, I said that our reactions and statements should be different regardless of the authenticity of a statement or not. I agree Jesus would not be pleased, but even if He did take that person to task it would be in His way of bringing home the wrong to them and them alone with the least amount embarassement as possible. I'm not defending what happened, but I'm also not supporting what is going on here.

The problem is eliminated by changing the way you look at a respond to it. As a person who has been disciplined by the church I found that it was more hurtful for people to be discussing my situation seperate of me (especially those who had no firsthand knowledge of the situation). I knew there would be those who would get information from unreliable sources and believe it and I knew there would be people who would get ther information from reliable sources, but what assisted in my healing and what eliminated the problem was those people who rather than continuing to discuss who did what wrong and why or how this or that was handled improperly, they just dropped that and prayed for me specifically and those who chose to continue talking about things they either didn't know anything about or had no business dealing with in the first place.

Definitely something to reconsider and reframe in one's perspective...

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 21 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #315

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Ok, so, we "were" satisfied to pray for them both(all), only stating that Danny's actions were just a bit extremee, until, Danny himself, plus others involved, brought their sad tale here to BSDA. So we have first hand knowledge, whether we wanted or not. You might want to review the other threads on this subject.

You are right people whoh hbeen disciplined by the church, and forgiven by God, should not be reminded of their sins, but I know, and I could be wrong, that any was in this case ws disciplined, besides Linda, who name was drug through the mud by her now ex husband and others. So this istuation does not equate with yours. Those who strive to always remind you of your shortcomings are aiding the devil in his cause.

QUOTE(Ephphatha @ Mar 21 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]122379[/snapback]

Kuzma was brought in as a counselor at 3ABN for Linda, and others, that was her role in this story, so basically she was always "in Session". So she had no business relating anything she was told in or out of session. Also, if it was like you are saying, wh y didn't she tell what Danny said to her? Like I said, you might want to find the other threads and read through them thoroughly.

QUOTE(Ephphatha @ Mar 21 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]122384[/snapback]

I may have read wrong, but Ms. Kuzma never says that Mrs. Shelton said anything to her in session, infact she states that she only became aware of the situation after in became necessary for the board to step in. That means that she was not acting in the "privileged" capacity depicted by HIPPA laws. She was operating as a board member. She said that prior to it coming to the board it was trying to be handled in way where the least amount of people were involved and Mrs. Shelton's reputation was protected. However, it would seem that this was not successful because the situation was brought to the board. That would suggest that things had become public enough already for the board to have to make an official movement to make sure that the reputation and witness of the ministry of 3abn was not compromised moreso than it already was.

This post has been edited by princessdi: Mar 21 2006, 09:43 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church