Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16912&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:59:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ministry Or Business, When does ministry stop being ministry?
awesumtenor
post Nov 5 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #61

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(TruthWave @ Nov 3 2007, 12:25 AM) *
Do you think that Jesus and the 12 Apostle ever came close to making $250,000, in the currency of their times? I don't think! JM's salary is is outrageous!

Dont hate, truthwave; if you consider the money she brings in from her books and seminars and the like, her compensation is a lot lower than it could be. If she drew no salary from JMM and instead just kept the proceeds of her books, tapes and CDs and charged admission for all of her seminars ( many of them have no admission fee and are free to all ) she could be making into the millions a year... and you'd be complaining even more.

So just put down the haterade and slowly back away...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 5 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #62

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

I am sure that Bro Norman is a GREAT doctor, but with all due respect, I would prefer to have a physician "cutting on me" that does not have medicine as his second choice of vocation.
no.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 5 2007, 04:18 AM) *
Herbert's brother, Noman, was also a gifted musician, playing the cello. But besides music, he studied medicine in order to make a living. And I know other gifted musicians who have done the same.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 5 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #63

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Like what?

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Nov 4 2007, 11:37 PM) *
Did I d--- anyone to hell? People are free to find their fortunes anywhere they wish. It is a matter of their own personal conscience how they want to do it. What I am saying is that there are not very many paid jobs in the church for musicians, and I know it is hard to make a living as a musician playing secular music. For someone who wants to maintain a strong spiritual life there are many problems going that route, unless you are someone like Herbert Blomstedt, a Seventh-day Adventist who conducted the SF Symphony for about 10 years, I think. He can write his own ticket. But for the average person, there are a lot of demands that will involve some dangers to their faith.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 5 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You would think that if you considered the fact that she poured he own $2.50, $25, or $250 to begin the ministry. What I am saying is this, people like JMM, and Crouches, TD Jakes have proven to God their faith by first sacrificing ALL they had to start their minsitries, they did not start out getting paid at all, but pouring ALL they had to ministering for God, to lift up Christ to the world. They worked other jobs until their ministries could support them. This did not happen over night for any of them. I am not sure why we are reluctant to see that God has awarded their faitherfulnes to Him to dedicate all they have to ministry. Independent ministries are relatively new to Adventism, however in other denoms, people start their minstries/chruches int heir homes, working a 40hr. job, and they grow. I htinkwe need to listen to some of the testimonies about how these minitries got started and the people who started them.

I am with Kevin, y'all need to put the haterade down and back away.

QUOTE(TruthWave @ Nov 2 2007, 09:25 PM) *
Do you think that Jesus and the 12 Apostle ever came close to making $250,000, in the currency of their times? I don't think! JM's salary is is outrageous!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 5 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #65

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Now, now, Sis, Sarah. We can recognize that God gives talents to one in many areas. I don't it was his second choice, at all, but maybe the way Johann phrased it to fit the OP.

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Nov 5 2007, 09:52 AM) *
I am sure that Bro Norman is a GREAT doctor, but with all due respect, I would prefer to have a physician "cutting on me" that does not have medicine as his second choice of vocation.
no.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 5 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Amen! They all paid their "broke" dues, struggled, and put money into their ministry long before the fruit was produced. Three well-known industry professionals all added that it was a mandate. You have to invest in your own ministry if you want to reap a productive harvet. That principle of seed and harvest times declares per scripture that they have a God-given right to it...and yes even the leadership at 3ABN.

What 3ABN would be wise to also do is bring the salaries of their staff better up to date--effective immediately. yes.gif

QUOTE(princessdi @ Nov 5 2007, 12:23 PM) *
You would think that if you considered the fact that she poured he own $2.50, $25, or $250 to begin the ministry. What I am saying is this, people like JMM, and Crouches, TD Jakes have proven to God their faith by first sacrificing ALL they had to start their minsitries, they did not start out getting paid at all, but pouring ALL they had to ministering for God, to lift up Christ to the world. They worked other jobs until their ministries could support them. This did not happen over night for any of them. I am not sure why we are reluctant to see that God has awarded their faitherfulnes to Him to dedicate all they have to ministry. Independent ministries are relatively new to Adventism, however in other denoms, people start their minstries/chruches int heir homes, working a 40hr. job, and they grow. I htinkwe need to listen to some of the testimonies about how these minitries got started and the people who started them.

I am with Kevin, y'all need to put the haterade down and back away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 5 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #67

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Oh, I was just having fun! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(princessdi @ Nov 5 2007, 12:25 PM) *
Now, now, Sis, Sarah. We can recognize that God gives talents to one in many areas. I don't it was his second choice, at all, but maybe the way Johann phrased it to fit the OP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 6 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Nov 5 2007, 01:58 PM) *

What 3ABN would be wise to also do is bring the salaries of their staff better up to date--effective immediately. yes.gif

Simplysaved, can 3ABN count on your increased contributions to help make this possible?

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 6 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 6 2007, 09:33 PM) *
Simplysaved, can 3ABN count on your increased contributions to help make this possible?

No.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 6 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Nov 5 2007, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 6 2007, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Fran @ Nov 6 2007, 08:49 PM) *
No.

Fran are you SimplySaved? I thought it was illegal to have more than one account on BSDA.

This post has been edited by Shiny Penny: Nov 6 2007, 10:39 PM

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Nov 6 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

SP, if you post a question in the forums, anyone can answer. If you want to ask SS personally to answer, PM her.

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 6 2007, 08:34 PM) *
Fran are you SimplySaved? I thought it was illegal to have more than one account on BSDA.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 7 2007, 06:16 AM
Post #72

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 7 2007, 06:34 AM) *

Fran happens to have a mind of her own and she is not afraid of stating her opinion. She even posts in her own name because she is not afraid of expressing her opinion.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Nov 7 2007, 08:37 AM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 6 2007, 10:34 PM) *

someone is clearly not paying attention.... SimplySaved could NEVER be mistaken for Fran, nor Fran for SimplySaved......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Fran
post Nov 7 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Clay @ Nov 7 2007, 09:37 AM) *
someone is clearly not paying attention.... SimplySaved could NEVER be mistaken for Fran, nor Fran for SimplySaved......

Clay;

Isn't EVERYONE Simply Saved? By the way, I was quite flattered by the mix up.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 7 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Uh NO! afro.gif

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 6 2007, 10:34 PM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church