Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16912&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:59:26 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ministry Or Business, When does ministry stop being ministry?
simplysaved
post Nov 7 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #76

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 830

shake2.gif giggle.gif

QUOTE(Fran @ Nov 7 2007, 01:08 PM) *
Clay;

Isn't EVERYONE Simply Saved? By the way, I was quite flattered by the mix up.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 7 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Uh--NO, again! afro.gif

SARAH is simplysaved and.... has been for almost 3 years here! biggrin.gif Read the profile.... smile.gif

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 6 2007, 10:34 PM) *
Fran are you SimplySaved? I thought it was illegal to have more than one account on BSDA.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 7 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Thanks! afro.gif

QUOTE(princessdi @ Nov 6 2007, 11:00 PM) *
SP, if you post a question in the forums, anyone can answer. If you want to ask SS personally to answer, PM her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 7 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I agree....and so do I. smile.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 7 2007, 06:16 AM) *
Fran happens to have a mind of her own and she is not afraid of stating her opinion. She even posts in her own name because she is not afraid of expressing her opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Nov 7 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #80

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

GOD tells me who to support and who not to support...and I like what the Bible says about not telling your left hand what the right hand is doing. smile.gif

QUOTE(Shiny Penny @ Nov 6 2007, 08:33 PM) *
Simplysaved, can 3ABN count on your increased contributions to help make this possible?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Nov 7 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Nov 7 2007, 05:40 PM) *
GOD tells me who to support and who not to support...and I like what the Bible says about not telling your left hand what the right hand is doing. smile.gif

Oh yes, I fully agree.

Then too there is the pesky saying about putting one's money where one's mouth is.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 23 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Nov 8 2007, 02:38 AM) *
I agree....and so do I. smile.gif

Counting on you.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Nov 24 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Shiny Penny)
Then too there is the pesky saying about putting one's money where one's mouth is.

Not only that...
After relating the parable, Christ said, "The children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light." That is, worldly-wise men display more wisdom and earnestness in serving themselves than do the professed children of God in their service to Him. So it was in Christ's day. So it is now. Look at the life of many who claim to be Christians. The Lord has endowed them with capabilities, and power, and influence; He has entrusted them with money, that they may be co-workers with Him in the great redemption. All His gifts are to be used in blessing humanity, in relieving the suffering and the needy. We are to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to care for the widow and the fatherless, to minister to the distressed and downtrodden. God never meant that the widespread misery in the world should exist. He never meant that one man should have an abundance of the luxuries of life, while the children of others should cry for bread. The means over and above the actual necessities of life are entrusted to man to do good, to bless humanity. The Lord says, "Sell that ye have, and give alms." Luke 12:33. Be "ready to distribute, willing to communicate." 1 Tim. 6:18. "When thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind." Luke 14:13. "Loose the bands of wickedness," "undo the heavy burdens," "let the oppressed go free,"

Alas, how many are appropriating to themselves the gifts of God! How many are adding house to house and land to land. How many are spending their money for pleasure, for the gratification of appetite, for extravagant houses, furniture, and dress. Their fellow beings are left to misery and crime, to disease and death. Multitudes are perishing without one pitying look, one word or deed of sympathy. {COL 371.1}

Men are guilty of robbery toward God. Their selfish use of means robs the Lord of the glory that should be reflected back to Him in the relief of suffering humanity and the salvation of souls. They are embezzling His entrusted goods. COL 371

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, those with money should take heed to the advice given above. Fair warning has been given.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 25 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #84

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Nov 24 2007, 04:24 PM) *
Not only that...
After relating the parable, Christ said, "The children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light." That is, worldly-wise men display more wisdom and earnestness in serving themselves than do the professed children of God in their service to Him. So it was in Christ's day. So it is now. Look at the life of many who claim to be Christians. The Lord has endowed them with capabilities, and power, and influence; He has entrusted them with money, that they may be co-workers with Him in the great redemption. All His gifts are to be used in blessing humanity, in relieving the suffering and the needy. We are to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to care for the widow and the fatherless, to minister to the distressed and downtrodden. God never meant that the widespread misery in the world should exist. He never meant that one man should have an abundance of the luxuries of life, while the children of others should cry for bread. The means over and above the actual necessities of life are entrusted to man to do good, to bless humanity. The Lord says, "Sell that ye have, and give alms." Luke 12:33. Be "ready to distribute, willing to communicate." 1 Tim. 6:18. "When thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind." Luke 14:13. "Loose the bands of wickedness," "undo the heavy burdens," "let the oppressed go free,"

Alas, how many are appropriating to themselves the gifts of God! How many are adding house to house and land to land. How many are spending their money for pleasure, for the gratification of appetite, for extravagant houses, furniture, and dress. Their fellow beings are left to misery and crime, to disease and death. Multitudes are perishing without one pitying look, one word or deed of sympathy. {COL 371.1}

Men are guilty of robbery toward God. Their selfish use of means robs the Lord of the glory that should be reflected back to Him in the relief of suffering humanity and the salvation of souls. They are embezzling His entrusted goods. COL 371

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, those with money should take heed to the advice given above. Fair warning has been given.

This is very appropriate admonition and should be heeded. An important question is, how do we determine which of so many ministries claiming to be the storehouse is worthy of the claim? How do we determine? Do our feelings give us the needed knowledge? Does God give us appropriate guidelines on where our tithes and offerings are to be deposited?

This post has been edited by Johann: Nov 26 2007, 05:17 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Nov 26 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 25 2007, 03:21 AM) *
This is very appropriate admonition and should be heeded. An important question is, how do we determine which of so many ministries claiming to be the storehouse is worthy of the claim? How do we determine? Do our feelings give us the needed knowledge? Does God give us appropriate guidelines on where our tithes and offerings are to be deposited?

I think that as with most areas of our lives God expects us to use the brains and the common sense he gave us. We shouldn't follow like lemmings just because a ministry says it is doing good work. We need to look at all aspects of the ministry and determine if it is using the funds given to it wisely. Those asking for funds need to be open and honest as to how the funds are used so we can make an informed decision. If they will not be open then probably "something is rotten in Denmark".

I was talking to a
member of my church Sabbath and his 3ABN system is not working. He refuses to buy a new one because he will not support them because of "what they did to Linda Shelton". This may be a bit extreme because as his wife pointed out they could get Hope and LLUBN but he will not have one cent of his money going to support 3ABN.

For me the issue of where my tithe goes is settled but offerings are my responsibility to make informed decisions.

This post has been edited by GRAT: Nov 26 2007, 12:46 PM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Nov 26 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(GRAT @ Nov 26 2007, 10:44 AM) *
I think that as with most areas of our lives God expects us to use the brains and the common sense he gave us. We shouldn't follow like lemmings just because a ministry says it is doing good work. We need to look at all aspects of the ministry and determine if it is using the funds given to it wisely. Those asking for funds need to be open and honest as to how the funds are used so we can make an informed decision. If they will not be open then probably "something is rotten in Denmark".

I was talking to a
member of my church Sabbath and his 3ABN system is not working. He refuses to buy a new one because he will not support them because of "what they did to Linda Shelton". This may be a bit extreme because as his wife pointed out they could get Hope and LLUBN but he will not have one cent of his money going to support 3ABN.

For me the issue of where my tithe goes is settled but offerings are my responsibility to make informed decisions.

You can let your friend know that HOPE channel also sells satellite dishes that say HOPE on the dish. They offer the same programming that the 3ABN satellite dish does. Hoping that solves the dilema.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Nov 27 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #87

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Nov 26 2007, 07:55 PM) *
You can let your friend know that HOPE channel also sells satellite dishes that say HOPE on the dish. They offer the same programming that the 3ABN satellite dish does. Hoping that solves the dilema.

Thank you! I will pass that info on. spoton.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 27 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(GRAT @ Nov 26 2007, 08:44 PM) *
I was talking to a member of my church Sabbath and his 3ABN system is not working. He refuses to buy a new one because he will not support them because of "what they did to Linda Shelton". This may be a bit extreme because as his wife pointed out they could get Hope and LLUBN but he will not have one cent of his money going to support 3ABN.

What they did to Linda Shelton

I was just reading last night about a man who sat in prison for 18 years because of crimes - murders - committed by others. After his death he was exonerated by a court of justice. It was revealed he was hard of hearing and had not heard the questions the police asked him. His answers were the only evidence against him.

There have been many hearings in this case, but not a single one where Linda, nor any of her supporters were present. In this case all the answers given were by the false accusers. How can you call this justice?

Is it any wonder that donations to 3ABN has decreased as more and more people become aware of the miscarriage of justice that has taken place?

--------------------

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Nov 27 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Nov 27 2007, 05:20 AM) *
What they did to Linda Shelton

I was just reading last night about a man who sat in prison for 18 years because of crimes - murders - committed by others. After his death he was exonerated by a court of justice. It was revealed he was hard of hearing and had not heard the questions the police asked him. His answers were the only evidence against him.

There have been many hearings in this case, but not a single one where Linda, nor any of her supporters were present. In this case all the answers given were by the false accusers. How can you call this justice?

Is it any wonder that donations to 3ABN has decreased as more and more people become aware of the miscarriage of justice that has taken place?

The interesting thing was that he had never heard of Save 3ABN (does now!) but had come to this from just watching.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Nov 27 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(GRAT @ Nov 27 2007, 06:36 PM) *
The interesting thing was that he had never heard of Save 3ABN (does now!) but had come to this from just watching.

Truth has a way of getting through to honest people, thank God!

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church