Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17792&st=285 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:57:58 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reaping The Whirl Wind, IRS Criminal Investigation of 3ABN
YogusBearus
post Dec 14 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #286

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Dec 14 2007, 10:47 AM) *
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,

Twelve blind directors,

Eleven special agents,

Ten altered billings,

Nine lost motions,

Eight tax-free horseshoes,

Seven young boys,

Six discount lawyers,

Five royalty checks!!!

Four fired whistle-blowers,

Three bank subpoenas,

Two corporate jets,

And a quickie divorce in Guam!!!

..or there is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8

-bear

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Dec 14 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #287

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Hey I like them YB! They are talented!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 14 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #288

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Dec 14 2007, 04:47 PM) *

Surely we should not leave this august "12 Days of Christmas" excursus without taking a long hard look at "The True Cost of the 12 Days of Christmas"... calculated each year by PNC Wealth Management and Institutional Investments. Be sure to listen to the "breaking news report" explaining the new, updated 2007 figures, as presented by Jim Dunigan, himself, but don't stop there.... examine the whole website.

Quoting from the website about itself,
It all started 23 years ago as a way to engage clients and has since grown into one of PNC’s most popular and anticipated economic reports: The PNC Christmas Price Index.

PNC calculates the “CPI” each year as a fun, lighthearted way to look at the increasing cost of goods and services bought by the True Love in the holiday classic, “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”

But seriously... to bring this full circle and attach it to the OP.... one has to wonder just how much "The True Cost" will finally be of the 3abn version of "the 12 days" (as laid out so aptly by our own poet laureate, Snoopy).

Stay tuned......

............TVsnack.gif.............

And keep the music playing..... band.gif................

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Dec 14 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #289

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

What I pray is that the cost of all of this, the allegations of malfeasance at 3abn as well as our sometimes acrimonious discussions here on this 3abn forum, will be measured in dollars only, and not souls.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Dec 14 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #290

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Amen!!! clapping.gif

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Dec 14 2007, 06:04 PM) *
What I pray is that the cost of all of this, the allegations of malfeasance at 3abn as well as our sometimes acrimonious discussions here on this 3abn forum, will be measured in dollars only, and not souls.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Dec 14 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #291

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Dec 14 2007, 07:04 PM) *

Not to worry. The Lord knows his own.... he reads the hearts of men. He will not leave the guilty unpunished nor the innocent unrewarded. And He will use all to His glory and honor.... and gather all those who will into his fold.

...... cloud9.gif...........

+Quote Post
Eduard
post Dec 15 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #292

Member No.: 3,727

QUOTE(appletree @ Dec 11 2007, 02:38 AM) *
Question Fran. If and I say If you would be called to court to show proof of your above statements (and many others that you have made) could you do so? Do you have proof that Danny lied about Linda or anything else for that matter? One of the first questions you would be ask was if you were employed at 3abn, or a personal friend of Danny's or Linda's and if so what did you see with your own eyes? Next the questions would be..do you know for a fact that Linda is not guilty of what she was accused of and if you do know it, show the court what proof you have.
I could go on with the questions but if you are telling the truth, here on this forum, about having no involvement with 3abn or personal knowledge of neither Danny or Linda, your testimony wouldn't get as far as I have taken it. You would be dismissed as a less than credible witness. Since this is a suit about slander, hopefully you would be slapped with a fine or some kind of retribution as being a contributor and participant in this slander suit.

At this point, I can't imagine anyone that can think intelligently, still falling into Joy and Pickles bologne. How much error in their stories and writings has to be pointed out before you can see what a terrible joke the whole thing is. How many deceitful things to they have to do, how much speculation and slants do they have to put on everything to make it come out the way they want it to before you can all see what a sham this is. The picture they have painted is such a far cry from the truth. The people that are truly involved with 3abn, Danny, Jim, the board, know the truth as it is...not lies that have been printed as truth. Joy and Pickle have never even been to 3abn or met the ones they have tried murder with their false accusations. That fact in itself makes me wonder about the "smarts" of the people that believe all the bunk. Your beloved source is a convicted embezzler, an uncredentialed reporter, someone who has taken bankruptcy on a FINANCIAL COUNSELING business and has a trail of unhappy landlords that say they have been cheated by him. He also has a history of butting his nose into some other organizations and trying to stir up trouble.

It seems to me they are the ones that have participated in lies and deceit for so long that they have started to believe those lies. IMO they both have the "nobody" syndrome and have talked themselves into believing, that in the adventist world, they are now "somebody" because of the smear 3abn campaign. Over the last year this has become their whole lives. Yes, 3abn attorney's continue to fight for justice on behalf of the wrongs that have been done...but 3abn has moved on...Danny has moved on...Jim is moving on. They are busy running the ministry, traveling, making time for their families and trying to complete the commission to "go ye into all the world." Old supporters have rallied, new ones are showing up everyday. God's ministry and those that are a part of it are involved in something wonderful. They are participating in last day events as the world comes to a close. The pickles and joys of this world may come and go but what God puts into action will stay in action until he deems otherwise. Satan can throw his slings and arrows and come at 3abn with everything he's got, but, God prevails.

appletree,

What are you going to do when it will be proven without doubt that all the "lies" about D. Shelton's abuse of privileges are in truth INDISPUTABLE FACTS? Are you going to acknowledge it, or you will continue to deny that he ate the chocolate?

Eduard

+Quote Post
jakann
post Dec 15 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #293

Member No.: 2,647

QUOTE(Pickle @ Dec 2 2007, 05:03 PM) *
I'd like to address one other topic. Here we have Danny who needs to go from 3ABN, and Jim Gilley came to replace him. So Gilley buys Danny's house for $295,000, one fellow telling me that that figure was way too low. And Gilley lets Danny hold the mortgage for $220,000.

Is that wise? Does that not create a conflict of interest, potentially jeopardizing one's objectivity when dealing with someone who needs to go? If this kind of thing becomes a habit, at what point do such things disqualify one from holding such an office?

Now having posed such questions, I want to come to Gilley's defense. Under the definitions section of the mortgage, which spells out no payment terms, under "Note" it says that the mortgage was to mature on November 16, just one month after it was executed.

So if I had to guess, I'd say that this was supposed to be a temporary thing, maybe until Gilley's house sells.

Has it sold yet? A friend sent me two links. Dallas Central Appraisal District lists Jim as owning a house built in 2005 at 6315 Velasco Ave, which supposedly has a market value of $596,700. Estimated property taxes, after homestead and over 65 exemptions, are $11,145.73.

Melissa Maroney and Maureen Skeeters are selling a house at 6315 Velasco Ave, asking $619,000, so it appears that the Gilley home is still for sale. I'm sure they would appreciate it if we all prayed that it would sell soon, as property taxes like that are probably not easy for a retiring minister to pay.

It really looks like a nice home.

For comparison to the rest of the community there, that Dallas Central Appraisal District page, which says that Gilley's home is in the Dallas ISD school district, has a link to a page on Average House Values. Click the values for 2007 and you will find that the average market value for homes in that school district is $172,518.

Pickle,
Your link above showed more pics, in case people are interested:

Attached File  getimage16.asp.jpg ( 23.91K ) Number of downloads: 17

Attached File  getimage15.asp.jpg ( 23.95K ) Number of downloads: 13

Attached File  getimage14.asp.jpg ( 24.27K ) Number of downloads: 13

Attached File  getimage13.asp.jpg ( 16.55K ) Number of downloads: 14

Attached File  getimage12.asp.jpg ( 17.02K ) Number of downloads: 11

Attached File  getimage11.asp.jpg ( 18.92K ) Number of downloads: 13

Attached File  getimage10.asp.jpg ( 22.23K ) Number of downloads: 14

Attached File  getimage9.asp.jpg ( 16.64K ) Number of downloads: 11

Attached File  getimage4.asp.jpg ( 24.24K ) Number of downloads: 10

Attached File  getimage3.asp.jpg ( 23.42K ) Number of downloads: 11

Attached File  getimage2.asp.jpg ( 23.3K ) Number of downloads: 10

Attached File  getimage1.asp.jpg ( 22.9K ) Number of downloads: 12

“Laborers for God must work with intelligence, frugality, and humility.” Gospel Workers p.458

“Our laborers must learn to exercise economy, not only in their efforts to advance the cause of truth, but in their home expenses. They should place their families where they can be cared for at as little expense as possible. …. Habits of self-indulgence, or a want of tact and skill on the part of the wife and mother, may be a constant drain upon the [family]treasury; and yet that mother may think she is doing her best, because she has never been taught to restrict her wants or the wants of her children, and has never acquired skill and tact in household matters. Hence one family may require for its support twice the amount that would suffice for another family of the same size.” Ibid p. 459-460

“ Christ's own example of industry and frugality teaches us to use with care the gifts we receive at His hand.” Signs of the Times 12/15/09

Attached File(s)
Attached File  getimage10.asp.jpg ( 22.23K ) Number of downloads: 8

--------------------
And Samuel hacked Agag in pieces before the LORD. 1 Samuel 15:33

If it walks like a duck.......

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 15 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #294

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

OK here is what I think we should all do. We should all go buy a vacant piece of land and build a mud hut on it so we can live as cheaply as possible and then we can give all our money to the poor. Instead of a car we should ask an Amish to sell us a horse and buggy. Better yet lets live in that buggy in a national forest, that is even less expensive.

Lets get real folks, weather someone lives in a shack or a mansion depends on the viewpoint of the observer. If we are going to criticize Jim Gilley for living in a lavish house then we better be prepared to accept the criticisms of someone living in a dirt floor shack in Honduras for the modest houses we live in. I'm thankful that he was able to employ all those tradesmen to build such a nice house and have his property taxes pay for those poor kids to get an education. And my guess is he got his money by putting poor people to work.

All this fault finding of anything and everything associated with Danny and/or 3abn just rots my socks.

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Dec 15 2007, 05:15 PM

+Quote Post
lurker
post Dec 15 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #295

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

The records indicate that the Gilleys own quite a bit of real estate if I am reading the tax rolls right. They are probably not dependent on selling this particular property immediately in order to pay for their new home. They perhaps have enjoyed living in luxury while still looking upon property as an investment and hopefully making money from the sale of it. Although with today's housing market, that might not be certain.

I do agree though that buying Danny's old home might tend to make him less objective about the way Danny obtained the home and whether he has a legal right to it.

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Dec 15 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #296

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 15 2007, 06:12 PM) *
OK here is what I think we should all do. We should all go buy a vacant piece of land and build a mud hut on it so we can live as cheaply as possible and then we can give all our money to the poor. Instead of a car we should ask an Amish to sell us a horse and buggy. Better yet lets live in that buggy in a national forest, that is even less expensive.

Lets get real folks, weather someone lives in a shack or a mansion depends on the viewpoint of the observer. If we are going to criticize Jim Gilley for living in a lavish house then we better be prepared to accept the criticisms of someone living in a dirt floor shack in Honduras for the modest houses we live in. I'm thankful that he was able to employ all those tradesmen to build such a nice house and have his property taxes pay for those poor kids to get an education. And my guess is he got his money by putting poor people to work.

All this fault finding of anything and everything associated with Danny and/or 3abn just rots my socks.

Well said... clapping.gif

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Dec 15 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #297

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Richard Sherwin said....
".....just rots my socks."

ewwwww....that must be pretty smelly; a person could smell you miles before they see you...

As far as I am concerned, Jim Gilly must be a great businessman to be able to afford a list of expensive real estate, his wife must have fantastic taste in furniture or they have a wonderful home decorator.

Thank you for giving us a view that beautiful home.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Dec 15 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #298

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Dec 15 2007, 05:12 PM) *

Richard,

Sorry to hear about your socks.

Let's extend that analogy to its conclusion.

1. We go to Honduras from our modest homes, and we ask, "What do you have in your hand?"

2. Those people, living in Honduras in the shacks with the dirt floors, give to us "sacrificially" to support our "ministry."

3. Then we use the money to buy cases of floor wax for our own modest homes and cases of Windex for our windows, when their shacks in Honduras have no floors and no windows.

What will the Honduran people think when they discover how we used their money? Do you think they'll give us more money for more floor wax and Windex, later?

I don't think so.

Remember, Harvard University, America's largest nonprofit institution, owns no private jet. So, we don't need to seek out Hondurans with dirt floors to supply contrast.

In conclusion, I'm wondering about that house purchase in West Frankfort. I do have questions about it.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Dec 15 2007, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Dec 15 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #299

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Dec 15 2007, 09:34 PM) *
Richard Sherwin said....

ewwwww....that must be pretty smelly; a person could smell you miles before they see you...

As far as I am concerned, Jim Gilly must be a great businessman to be able to afford a list of expensive real estate, his wife must have fantastic taste in furniture or they have a wonderful home decorator.

Yes, thanks for the view, AND before everybody gets any more up in arms, the Gilleys are not foolish consumers - they no doubt are members of something like the Direct Buyers Club which allows you to buy their products for much much less than you would pay for many of those lovely things in a normal retail setting and you would be able to then sell them for the going rate when you sell the house. Not a bad investment if you ask me. When I get to build my dream house you can be sure that's where I'm gonna go ta get the nice stuff!

GrammieTana

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Dec 15 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #300

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Not sure where I picked up that saying from, must be a backpacking thing smile.gif

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Dec 15 2007, 09:34 PM) *
Richard Sherwin said....

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church