Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18455&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:54:53 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Shelton/3abn Seeks Protective Order, ... Again
watchbird
post Jan 8 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #181

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 8 2008, 09:28 AM) *
You guys are making me crazy! Please understand that some of us never made it past dangling participles. If your intent is to inhibit our posting, you are succeeding in a/an most successful way.

-bear

"making" you crazy? Hmmmm.... maybe you didn't even make it past verb tenses..... blink.gif lol.gif

Oh well....

carry on..... TVsnack.gif.........
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 8 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #182

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 8 2008, 10:36 AM) *
"making" you crazy? Hmmmm.... maybe you didn't even make it past verb tenses..... blink.gif lol.gif

Oh well....

carry on..... TVsnack.gif .........

Edited to remove offensive and/or combative language.

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Jan 8 2008, 10:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 8 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #183

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jan 8 2008, 08:40 AM) *
Edited to remove offensive and/or combative language.

Edited to remove my emphatic nod of agreement with bear's removed offensive and/or combative language as well as a few sentences of my own expressing my annoyance with the off topic burst of English grammar lessons.

This post has been edited by PeacefulBe: Jan 8 2008, 10:57 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Jan 8 2008, 11:46 AM
Post #184

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 8 2008, 08:56 AM) *
Edited to remove my emphatic nod of agreement with bear's removed offensive and/or combative language as well as a few sentences of my own expressing my annoyance with the off topic burst of English grammar lessons.

So sorry to have started that but it was something that drove me nuts since I came here. There are 2 posters (one has been banned) that consistently use only "a" and I resisted saying something as long as i could. "The devil made me do it." tongue.gif So I will try my best to just read it as it should be written. bye.gif

This post has been edited by GRAT: Jan 8 2008, 11:48 AM

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jan 8 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #185

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(GRAT @ Jan 8 2008, 11:46 AM) *
So sorry to have started that but it was something that drove me nuts since I came here. There are 2 posters (one has been banned) that consistently use only "a" and I resisted saying something as long as i could. "The devil made me do it." tongue.gif So I will try my best to just read it as it should be written. bye.gif

Is not a problem Grat. Physically surrounded by accomplished writers and English teachers as I am, I can deal with it. Now that I'm convinced you're not a family member in disguise I are much relieved.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 8 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #186

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(GRAT @ Jan 8 2008, 09:46 AM) *

Oh no, GRAT, I wasn't referring to you. But, you make a great point! It would be a wonderful exercise for all of us to focus on what each post is trying to say instead of on the mistakes any member might make. I know for some that is a hard pill to swallow, but we all make mistakes now and then.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Eduard
post Jan 9 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #187

Member No.: 3,727

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Jan 8 2008, 12:04 PM) *
Oh no, GRAT, I wasn't referring to you. But, you make a great point! It would be a wonderful exercise for all of us to focus on what each post is trying to say instead of on the mistakes any member might make. I know for some that is a hard pill to swallow, but we all make mistakes now and then.

PeacefulBe,

That is true. Even I make an mistake once in a while.

Eduard

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 9 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #188

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Eduard @ Jan 9 2008, 10:08 PM) *
PeacefulBe,

Eduard

That makes you believeable. yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 10 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #189

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

From a spiritual point of view:

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" (John 3:19-21).

And our Master said:

"Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing" (John 18:20).

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 10 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #190

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jan 10 2008, 02:34 PM) *
From a spiritual point of view:

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" (John 3:19-21).

And our Master said:

"Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing" (John 18:20).

When a liar gets up and tesqtifies that he was been a liar, everyone knows he is now speaking the truthh - and they will start believing in him!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
GRAT
post Jan 10 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #191

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,305

QUOTE(Eduard @ Jan 9 2008, 02:08 PM) *
PeacefulBe,

Eduard

See, it was the second time I read this post that I "got it". The first time I read it as it should have been written. Cute! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 11 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #192

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

"Very many, reading the history of David's fall, have inquired, 'Why has this record been made public? Why did God see fit to throw open to the world this dark passage in the life of one so highly honored of Heaven?' " (PP 722).

The next paragraphs, which I omit, explain some of the reasons why.

"Thus in a sacred song to be sung in the public assemblies of his people, in the presence of the court--priests and judges, princes and men of war--and which would preserve to the latest generation the knowledge of his fall, the king of Israel recounted his sin, his repentance, and his hope of pardon through the mercy of God. Instead of endeavoring to conceal his guilt he desired that others might be instructed by the sad history of his fall."

"David's repentance was sincere and deep. There was no effort to palliate his crime. No desire to escape the judgments threatened, inspired his prayer. But he saw the enormity of his transgression against God; he saw the defilement of his soul; he loathed his sin. It was not for pardon only that he prayed, but for purity of heart" (PP 725).

This is how the Lord's anointed reacted to the voice of stern rebuke delivered through Nathan.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jan 11 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #193

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 1 2008, 01:55 AM) *
Danny did love his wife
He did try repeatedly to save his marriage. The email months after the divorce was put out on the net where he was telling Linda it still wasn't too late. Obviously though, the doc would have to go since three's a crowd.
He claimed that she was an adulteress only after he had facts to go on and was still willing to forgive if, again, the doctor was out of the picture.
I believe the whole board agreed to put it in a nice way by saying "spiritual adultery." They were being kind to Linda. In hindsight I'm sure they see that was a mistake since so much has been made of it and Danny has taken all the blame for that phrase. See what happens when you try to be nice to people who are not nice back?
You certainly are wrong when you say he married another woman "shortly" after saying those things on bsda. Get it right. The guam divorce that Linda agreed to after counseling, after prayer, after board meetings, after every chance in the world to change her ways, was legal and binding. The fact is, it was close to 2 years before he remarried. That was not "shortly" after he came to bsda.

As far your questions of credibility toward myself and Ian....Ian hasn't made personal and up close claims...I have and the things I post have been proven to be accurate facts. I have said I know Danny, Brandy, Mollie, and the board members personally. I have talked also with Jim Gilley at length. I am very aware of procedures, regulations and the accountability factors of how 3abn is run. Now you can choose to believe me or not...my question is...where does that leave you? You who claim to have never met anyone involved, never been to 3abn, never talked to those you accuse and therefore, know absolutely zilch concerning actual facts of 3abn. So, why would anyone listen to your opinion? You can only make "know it all" posts if you "know" something. You don't. Same goes for a lot of you here. It's absurd to think you know more than the people that are there living it. BTW. I was also there "living it" when Linda was still VP and when the Doc thing hit the fan. I saw and heard more than I ever wanted to. Have you?

sigh.....
in a letter Walt Thompson wrote, he made clear that he was very careful to not say Linda committed adultery.(my translation on what he said) If you want to know where to look, check out the pinned posts.
I also say you lack in credibility. Please come up with facts not spin.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jan 11 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #194

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jan 11 2008, 09:31 PM) *
sigh.....
in a letter Walt Thompson wrote, he made clear that he was very careful to not say Linda committed adultery.(my translation on what he said) If you want to know where to look, check out the pinned posts.

And a pretty accurate translation, he did not accuse her of adultery nor call her an adulteress in that letter. That isn't why she was fired. {the board didn't need to consider all that till the subject of Danny getting remarried came up) IF you look at the context of the letter you refer to you will see he was referring to the official letter of explanation in answer to questions from the viewers about her not being at 3ABN any longer. Something had to be said, and was, although it was as little as possible. Contrary to what has been claimed here the 3abn ministry was very careful not to trash her publicly.

I also say you lack in credibility. Please come up with facts not spin.

And I say different. I personally know appletree apart from this forum and these issues. I personally know appletree's character, integrity, and credibility. Appletree was there and was a witness, as has been posted. You are entitled to your opinion but it won't change that. Truth is truth. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ian: Jan 11 2008, 10:12 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jan 11 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #195

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok after seeing Rosy repsond to this post, I just had to go back, Sabbath and all, to correct this here lie.

The bolded statement o is which I am referring. "This board" did nto come up with "spiritual Adultery" we heard that from Danny. We had never even heard of it, at least not used as a complaint to dissolve a marriage. Simply htere is no such thing. Appletree you need to go back and read from the very beginning. Click >>>>>>>>>>Here to read some of our responses to thatt term. We here at BSDA did not come up with that. You need to ask Danny where it came from, because that is where we got it. I am not sure if this is our first discussiona obout this term, but it is an early discussion, and enough to let you know we did not make it up. Inittially, Danny coined "it" spiritual adultery, because the one and only thing he was claiming was that his wife spent too much time10-15 mins) on the phone with a man who was not her him, her husband. I keep tellin ya'll you are being bamboozled.

QUOTE(appletree @ Jan 1 2008, 01:55 AM) *
Danny did love his wife
He did try repeatedly to save his marriage. The email months after the divorce was put out on the net where he was telling Linda it still wasn't too late. Obviously though, the doc would have to go since three's a crowd.
He claimed that she was an adulteress only after he had facts to go on and was still willing to forgive if, again, the doctor was out of the picture.
I believe the whole board agreed to put it in a nice way by saying "spiritual adultery." They were being kind to Linda. In hindsight I'm sure they see that was a mistake since so much has been made of it and Danny has taken all the blame for that phrase. See what happens when you try to be nice to people who are not nice back?
You certainly are wrong when you say he married another woman "shortly" after saying those things on bsda. Get it right. The guam divorce that Linda agreed to after counseling, after prayer, after board meetings, after every chance in the world to change her ways, was legal and binding. The fact is, it was close to 2 years before he remarried. That was not "shortly" after he came to bsda.

As far your questions of credibility toward myself and Ian....Ian hasn't made personal and up close claims...I have and the things I post have been proven to be accurate facts. I have said I know Danny, Brandy, Mollie, and the board members personally. I have talked also with Jim Gilley at length. I am very aware of procedures, regulations and the accountability factors of how 3abn is run. Now you can choose to believe me or not...my question is...where does that leave you? You who claim to have never met anyone involved, never been to 3abn, never talked to those you accuse and therefore, know absolutely zilch concerning actual facts of 3abn. So, why would anyone listen to your opinion? You can only make "know it all" posts if you "know" something. You don't. Same goes for a lot of you here. It's absurd to think you know more than the people that are there living it. BTW. I was also there "living it" when Linda was still VP and when the Doc thing hit the fan. I saw and heard more than I ever wanted to. Have you?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church