Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9148&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:46 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn To Summarize...., what is the crime?
Johann
post May 8 2006, 08:00 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 8 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]129730[/snapback]

Again, since 3ABN, like EWTN (the Catholic channel), is devoted to religious programming that targets the teaching of a specific denomination... it is a red herring to say is must not matter since people outside of the denomination it targets are not even aware of it's existence, much less the ongoing issues with it's management.

The question is does it matter to the target audience of the channel...and whether the problems, once known, detrimatentally affect the denomination's attempts to evangelize utilizing the network as a tool to further said evangelism...

I would have to say the answers are 'yes'... and 'yes'... btjm.

In His service,
Mr. J

3ABN is still merely a private organization. Not long ago 3ABN made a statement that it was not affiliated with any denomination.

The offical TV network of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is HOPE and not 3ABN. Why not turn our support to our own TV channel?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 8 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(statrei @ May 8 2006, 06:00 AM) [snapback]129717[/snapback]

Adventists are having hard time appreciating that in the land of its birth and the most influential nation on earth, Adventism does not appear on the radar screen. Ten Commandments Day has come and gone and only in Adventist/3ABN circles was it a news item. It's over, including the shouting. We are yet to make the difference were we should. We have forgotten that true leaders always come from among the people. If you come with the message that you are superior to the people you can NEVER become their leader.

Another thing many Adventists seem to have forgotten is that the Ten Commandments will be viewed as a curse by the listeners when those teaching them are an unpleasant sort who care about money, noteriety, the law, and being viewed as better and smarter, more than about people

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 8 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Johann @ May 8 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]129738[/snapback]

3ABN is still merely a private organization. Not long ago 3ABN made a statement that it was not affiliated with any denomination.

The offical TV network of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is HOPE and not 3ABN. Why not turn our support to our own TV channel?

The fact of it's being a private organization is not in question...from the perspective of it as a legal entity... however, the continual displaying of pastors and evangelists employed by the Adventist church, ubiquitous programming slanted to promote Adventist doctrine, and the perpetual appeals for and receipt of donations from members of the Adventist church almost exclusively makes that distinction almost non-existent.

Until the church puts as much of it's weight and authority behind the Hope Channel, including pulling it's flagship shows like Amazing Facts and It is Written from 3ABN and putting them on Hope, the perception will continue to be that 3ABN is an essential part of the church's utilization of that medium... even if that perception is wrong. People believe what they see... and when 3ABN is broadcasting from Adventist churches and pushing denomination produced evangelist as part of their daily fare, then what is seen is that the church supports 3ABN, often in lieu of and to the detriment to it's own network.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 8 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #34

Guests

Amazing Facts is not run by the church. It is a private organization.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 8 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Right, Darius, but then there again, the lines are blurred, if not nonexistent for some or most.

I'd like to say also, that I agree with Kevin. It is not necessary for the general public to be "familiar" with something before it becomes newsworthy. If I am not mistaken, Jimmy Swaggart and PTL had nowhere near the audience that any ministry has today with satellites and the shear amount of chirstian 24/7 channels available, and they both made national news. That goes for Benny Hinn, and the rest that have found themselves the subject of media investigations. People will read about your history while the read about your downfall.

This post has been edited by princessdi: May 8 2006, 12:45 PM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 8 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #36

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ May 8 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]129766[/snapback]

Amazing Facts is not run by the church. It is a private organization.

Headed and hosted by Doug Batchelor, a denominational employee of the Adventist Church, and existing for the purpose of perpetuating the doctrines and teachings of said church.

No attempt is made by either the church or Amazing Facts to be viewed as separate, distinct or unrelated in any wise. To any who is not aware of what the legal relationship is between AF and the church, they are one in the same; just slightly different means to the same end; different puppets moved by the same puppeteer.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 8 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #37

Guests

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 8 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]129807[/snapback]

No attempt is made by either the church or Amazing Facts to be viewed as separate, distinct or unrelated in any wise. To any who is not aware of what the legal relationship is between AF and the church, they are one in the same; just slightly different means to the same end; different puppets moved by the same puppeteer.

In His service,
Mr. J

The AF website calls AF "an international, independent Christian ministry "

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 8 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #38

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ May 8 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]129814[/snapback]

The AF website calls AF "an international, independent Christian ministry "

that must settle it then... after all we've never known church affiliated organizations to downplay ( or outright conceal ) their association with Adventism...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 8 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #39

Guests

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 8 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]129824[/snapback]

that must settle it then... after all we've never known church affiliated organizations to downplay ( or outright conceal ) their association with Adventism...

In His service,
Mr. J

I was as surprised when I first saw that. Makes you wonder why? If they were church affiliated their staff would have to be in the Yearbook.

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 8 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Johann @ May 8 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]129738[/snapback]

Johann, then can someone kindly explain to me why, after I spent money to get the Hope dish installed in my home becasue I really do not want to depend on 3ABN much anymore, when I turned Hope channels on, the first thing I saw carried by the network was more of 3ABN being shown by the Hope Network. I have even written to Hope to ask that question, and I have never received an answer to that question.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 9 2006, 06:17 AM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 8 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]129807[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

If you apply for employement at Amazing Facts, you will be told it is part of the Adventist Church. At least, this is the impression they are trying to convey.

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news/read_news.asp?ID=68

"Although Amazing Facts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its employement policies and practices on the basis of race, national origin, gender, color, age, marital status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law, it is a religious association and a part of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The employement practices reflect religious preferences in harmony with the U.S. Constitution and controlling law, and it therefore hires only Seventh-day Adventist Church members in good standing."

On their Contributions page they say:

https://www.amazingfacts.org/join_us/contributions.asp

"By making a cash donation to Amazing Facts today, you're helping an international, independent Christian ministry deliver the good news of the gospel to the world."

Therefore, I gather that Amazing Facts is totally independently part of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 9 2006, 06:42 AM

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 9 2006, 06:37 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 9 2006, 06:17 AM) [snapback]129912[/snapback]

If you apply for employement at Amazing Facts, you will be told it is part of the Adventist Church. At least, this is the impression they are trying to convey.

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news/read_news.asp?ID=68

"Although Amazing Facts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its employement policies and practices on the basis of race, national origin, gender, color, age, marital status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law, it is a religious association and a part of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The employement practices reflect religious preferences in harmony with the U.S. Constitution and controlling law, and it therefore hires only Seventh-day Adventist Church members in good standing."

Which show that AF is not trying to conceal its SDA relationships. AF follows somewhat the long standing practice of tv ministries in not always flaunting their denominational leanings, if any. Yet this practice is only loosely followed in its case. Of all tv ministries (barring Catholic ministries), I have not found an "independent" tv ministry that more readily declares its religious affiliation than AF.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 9 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 9 2006, 06:37 AM) [snapback]129914[/snapback]

Which show that AF is not trying to conceal its SDA relationships. AF follows somewhat the long standing practice of tv ministries in not always flaunting their denominational leanings, if any. Yet this practice is only loosely followed in its case. Of all tv ministries (barring Catholic ministries), I have not found an "independent" tv ministry that more readily declares its religious affiliation than AF.

That's true, you would have a difficult time not recognizing the Adventist Church in a "Central Study Hour" broadcast from inside an Adventist Church.

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 10 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(summertime @ May 8 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]129835[/snapback]

Johann, then can someone kindly explain to me why, after I spent money to get the Hope dish installed in my home becasue I really do not want to depend on 3ABN much anymore, when I turned Hope channels on, the first thing I saw carried by the network was more of 3ABN being shown by the Hope Network. I have even written to Hope to ask that question, and I have never received an answer to that question.

Seems like I cannot get the program to send my reply. . .

Some months ago HOPE and 3ABN co-produced an evangelsitic series which may still be run by HOPE. This may be the reason you will still see both the 3ABN and HOPE logos on your screen. This co-production may have been planned a very long time ago. How many more co-productions are planned I do not know.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 10 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

To summarize....OBSESSION.... sadwalk.gif And they thought the Vegetarian threads were something... doh.gif

PRAY for what you believe/know is wrong...go to the people to address the concerns, according to scripture, and then let go and LET GOD.... smile.gif

I am with Lady Tenor on this one....I'm done too....

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church