Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9148&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn To Summarize...., what is the crime?
sonshineonme
post May 11 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(NormF @ May 10 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]130241[/snapback]

[indent][/indent]
Here is another angle to look at that may put a different spin on such questions.

As my son was growing up, I tried to teach him things I had learned. I saw to it that he attended school and applied himself to his studies. I supported him as he went to college. Now he is a grown man, doing well in his career, doing well as a mature adult meeting life as he finds it. The things I tried to give him, he is using to good effect. His father is very proud! [buttons popping!] clap.gif

If he came up against a problem at work today that he's had the training and knowledge to deal with, that was clearly at his door and something he could do something about, and instead of tackling it, he shrugged it off or tried to get someone else to do it -- and again, let me underscore, if he but would, he could -- how proud would I be if he didn't? sad.gif

God gives us a mind and body so that we can think and do. Does He intend then for us shrug and walk away -- sometimes called, 'let go and let God'? Does that glorify His name?

Sure, there are things we can't do. There are some legitimate 'let go and let God' things. And according to His sovereign will, He may or may not step in as He sees fit. In fact, without question, He does intervene at times, sometimes pretty directly, even spectacularly. But that's a limited list. His whole purpose in giving us gifts is to see us use them, not bury them in the dirt.

By the way, not too many individuals can build a Hoover Dam or a Golden Gate bridge by thermselves, for example. Or lift a car off someone pinned under it as a result of an accident. But people have done those things ... different ways in varying, different circumstances, but they did do them. And in the doing, I think God was being glorified. [... and I believe I hear the sound of buttons popping!]

But I think I can also take it a step further in this direction: If I am working to help a brother in pain, or a sister who is hurting, or otherwise in need, even if I can't solve everything for them by myself, in fact even if I can hardly make a dent in it, but I'm trying, I believe that still I hear the sound of buttons popping.

Regards,
Norm

Norm, I appreicate you so much! You said it just as my mind thinketh it! We must not become so complacent that we think "somone will do it, if it really needs to be done". People, open your ears, do your part - God is always calling - do we always respond?

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 15 2006, 06:07 AM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ May 11 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]130304[/snapback]

Norm, I appreicate you so much! You said it just as my mind thinketh it! We must not become so complacent that we think "somone will do it, if it really needs to be done". People, open your ears, do your part - God is always calling - do we always respond?

It it good to hear that not all of us are expecting others, or God to do what He wants us to do. . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 18 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #63

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

closed for the moment....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 29 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

reopened... and my opinion remains the same.... tinkle or get off..... show me the stigmata.....do something other than tell me that soon you will do something.....

some have urged that patience be exercised.... some of the info provided goes back pre 2004.... almost half of 06 has passed... how long must is this process going to take or does anyone really know? What is there to be afraid of? If it is the person in question, seems to be the sooner he is dealt with the sooner his ability to threaten and harm comes to an end.....

Sometimes in dealing with bullies you simply have to decide regardless of the pain you are going to walk right up and do your best to knock his head off....

I think I'll be joining Thomas and Calvin in the lurking corner cause it's obvious I don't understand...... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 29 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ May 29 2006, 06:47 AM) [snapback]132586[/snapback]

reopened... and my opinion remains the same.... tinkle or get off..... show me the stigmata.....do something other than tell me that soon you will do something.....

When that is all that can be said, that is all that can be said.

some have urged that patience be exercised.... some of the info provided goes back pre 2004.... almost half of 06 has passed... how long must is this process going to take or does anyone really know? What is there to be afraid of? If it is the person in question, seems to be the sooner he is dealt with the sooner his ability to threaten and harm comes to an end.....

Sometimes in dealing with bullies you simply have to decide regardless of the pain you are going to walk right up and do your best to knock his head off....

Surely you are not suggesting that someone should "take out a contract" on this particular bully's head? But even if someone were to decide to do a "Kamikaze" act, would that really take care of the problem when so many are involved in perpetuating the things that are wrong at 3ABN? I very seriously doubt it.

I think I'll be joining Thomas and Calvin in the lurking corner cause it's obvious I don't understand...... dunno.gif

Eventually you will. I am confident of that. But do not think it will be today or tomorrow or next week or even next month. Next year? Hopefully by then. But if not, we who watch and wait will continue to do so. And we hope you will be willing to hang in there with us, lurking sometimes in the background and sometimes in the foreground, but keeping the public aware that something is going on, and keeping the victims aware that they are not forgotten.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post May 29 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

I trust that the SDA organisation will soon get to the point where transparency and openness become the order of the day such that such festering sores are not allowed to continue unabated and frrighten people out of their democratic rights. What IS wrong with us ??! ! We are supposed to be the head and not the tail after all? Does that not refer to, in all things?

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 29 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

People who had no grasp on the reality of the situation gave their cavalier advice that the government just take Al Capone down. How hard could it be? He was having people killed in broad daylight, some of his henchmen squealed, his illegal escapades were all over the news... It should have been as simple as walking into his hotel, arresting him, and sending him to the chair. Yet, it took years of chipping away and only the IRS was able to eventually do anything. That is reality.

In almost every mob case, happy little people who read the news are frustrated at how complicated such a simple thing is. All the guy on the witness stand has to do is tell the truth and the threat will go away because the big guy will be convicted. In their charming innocence, they don't see the big guy's henchmen holding guns to the heads of the witness's kids. Others see the guns and self-righteously say, "sometimes the right thing to do is hard, but it is still the right thing to do."

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 29 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #68

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

so now Mr. Shelton is in the same league as Al Capone.... interesting.....

Surely you are not suggesting that someone should "take out a contract" on this particular bully's head? But even if someone were to decide to do a "Kamikaze" act, would that really take care of the problem when so many are involved in perpetuating the things that are wrong at 3ABN? I very seriously doubt it.
take out a contract? If as you say he has hurt and threatened and intimidated so many, it seems that there would be a coalition of people who would take him on.... but hey, I don't know everything, so those who know will do what they need to do.....

BTW its not goading.... it is a reality, at some point talk is cheap, action is profitable.... or as my mother use to tell us.... "I can show you better than I can tell you...." btjm.... I have never worked for 3abn, visited 3abn, much less watched 3abn... so what do I know..... dunno.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prisca
post May 29 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #69

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 11

QUOTE(Jvat @ May 29 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]132605[/snapback]

I trust that the SDA organisation will soon get to the point where transparency and openness become the order of the day such that such festering sores are not allowed to continue unabated and frrighten people out of their democratic rights. What IS wrong with us ??! ! We are supposed to be the head and not the tail after all? Does that not refer to, in all things?

One of the problems with being the head and not the tail is that people disagree on what type of behavior is headlike and which is taillike. In our great rush to be the head, we forget what headship really is...

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 30 2006, 12:35 AM
Post #70

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 29 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]132615[/snapback]

People who had no grasp on the reality of the situation gave their cavalier advice that the government just take Al Capone down. How hard could it be? He was having people killed in broad daylight, some of his henchmen squealed, his illegal escapades were all over the news... It should have been as simple as walking into his hotel, arresting him, and sending him to the chair. Yet, it took years of chipping away and only the IRS was able to eventually do anything. That is reality.

In almost every mob case, happy little people who read the news are frustrated at how complicated such a simple thing is. All the guy on the witness stand has to do is tell the truth and the threat will go away because the big guy will be convicted. In their charming innocence, they don't see the big guy's henchmen holding guns to the heads of the witness's kids. Others see the guns and self-righteously say, "sometimes the right thing to do is hard, but it is still the right thing to do."
well if he has that much clout to hold a whole denomination under his power, its time to move on.... clearly God has left the building, much like he left the building with the Jews and they had no idea he was gone....

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 30 2006, 05:29 AM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ May 30 2006, 12:35 AM) [snapback]132702[/snapback]

well if he has that much clout to hold a whole denomination under his power, its time to move on.... clearly God has left the building, much like he left the building with the Jews and they had no idea he was gone....

If you mean God has left the 3ABN building, then yes. Definitely. It is time to move away from that building just as God directed the Israelites to move away from the tents of the rebels just before he opened up the ground to swallow them up. Enough of this playing footsie with someone who claims to speak for God and claims to be the only place where the "real" Adventist message is preached.

+Quote Post
Jvat
post May 30 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Looks to me like the entire SDA Church seems to be suffering from some kind of corruption if Danny seems to have such a hold over so many leaders in high places. If the Holy Spirit was really with all these people can it be that up to now that God's power cannot prevail? Danny has succeeded as far as he has, if the reports are correct, because he has got help from others in high position. Should Danny alone be blamed? Is Danny the only questionable one? Let us be real and then this whole saga might really get somewhere, like in being stopped once and for all! Let us not forget that greater is HE that is in us than he that is in the world! Does that not still stand today? Is God's power still not omnipotent????

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 30 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 30 2006, 05:29 AM) [snapback]132711[/snapback]

If you mean God has left the 3ABN building, then yes. Definitely. It is time to move away from that building just as God directed the Israelites to move away from the tents of the rebels just before he opened up the ground to swallow them up. Enough of this playing footsie with someone who claims to speak for God and claims to be the only place where the "real" Adventist message is preached.

No... I mean he has left the sda church building... God does not need the sda church to get His message out... as I said in another thread... Israel was set aside... the sda church can be set aside too...

QUOTE(Jvat @ May 30 2006, 06:41 AM) [snapback]132719[/snapback]

Looks to me like the entire SDA Church seems to be suffering from some kind of corruption if Danny seems to have such a hold over so many leaders in high places. If the Holy Spirit was really with all these people can it be that up to now that God's power cannot prevail? Danny has succeeded as far as he has, if the reports are correct, because he has got help from others in high position. Should Danny alone be blamed? Is Danny the only questionable one? Let us be real and then this whole saga might really get somewhere, like in being stopped once and for all! Let us not forget that greater is HE that is in us than he that is in the world! Does that not still stand today? Is God's power still not omnipotent????

Good points Jvat... seems to be that there are several who are just as corrupt as Mr. Shelton and who knows how far the corruption has spread....

--------------------

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 30 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Clay @ May 30 2006, 06:55 AM) [snapback]132724[/snapback]

No... I mean he has left the sda church building... God does not need the sda church to get His message out... as I said in another thread... Israel was set aside... the sda church can be set aside too...

Amen on that!

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post Jun 3 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

think I'll be joining Thomas and Calvin in the lurking corner cause it's obvious I don't understand......
aight Clay I think I'll come out of lurk mode for the weekend...maybe there are some things that I can read upon and see where it leads...NOT!!!! roflmao.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church