Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9148&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:50 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn To Summarize...., what is the crime?
Clay
post May 10 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 10 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]130221[/snapback]

To summarize....OBSESSION.... sadwalk.gif And they thought the Vegetarian threads were something... doh.gif

PRAY for what you believe/know is wrong...go to the people to address the concerns, according to scripture, and then let go and LET GOD.... smile.gif

I am with Lady Tenor on this one....I'm done too....

then why are you posting here..... rofl1.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 10 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 11 2006, 04:08 AM) [snapback]130221[/snapback]

PRAY for what you believe/know is wrong...go to the people to address the concerns, according to scripture, and then let go and LET GOD.... smile.gif

This is exactly what some of us have done for the past couple of years. We discover there are too many people who merely shrug their shoulders and say LET GOD while more and more wounded people are bleeding by the wayside. . .

Don't you think the priest and the Levite quoted some Scripture and then breathed "let go and LET GOD...." before they passed the bleeding victim by the wayside?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 10 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(Johann @ May 10 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]130225[/snapback]

This is exactly what some of us have done for the past couple of years. We discover there are too many people who merely shrug their shoulders and say LET GOD while more and more wounded people are bleeding by the wayside. . .

Don't you think the priest and the Levite quoted some Scripture and then breathed "let go and LET GOD...." before they passed the bleeding victim by the wayside?

Out of respect, because I believe that you are sincere....my reply

I believe in the God of the Bible...the same God that has MOVED enemies--people places and thing for a lot less....IF we are HIS people, does that not still mean that the effectual, ferverent prayers of the righteous cannot move what many believe to be a sinner from this ministry?

Call me a SDA Penecostal--or whatever, but I believe that when the people of God do what the Word of God showed and stated by precept and example time and time again...things will change...If he is indeed a demon over the work of the Lord, cannot the people of the most high God PRAY and FAST and watch God do his thing? Maybe it's just me (which is O.K.), but Christians where is the authority we have over the devil?

Do we have to spend all of our time rehashing in circles...which unintentially becomes exaggerated, not bearing any fruit or making any difference...What is the final purpose?

Where is God getting the glory?

Does not the constant rehashing not work in Danny Shelton's favor and not work against him?

As Christians, have the lines not been crossed? Or are there new rules...Call him out publically is what the Bible says so that he may be an open reproach, but it does not say crucify him or tell "ALL his little business"...fact or fiction....Who is being won to Christ or if already a christian, would want to join a place (the SDA church) where Linda, Danny, or anyone could not sin screw-up and be forgiven...

Just think about it...pray about it...at the end of the day, this is no longer about Linda or Danny and has become more about how WE feel God should have handled it and why...
smile.gif

This post has been edited by simplysaved: May 10 2006, 08:52 PM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 10 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 10 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]130221[/snapback]

To summarize....OBSESSION.... sadwalk.gif And they thought the Vegetarian threads were something... doh.gif

I am with Lady Tenor on this one....I'm done too....

You could have been done without having to declare it to the world; your not posting in a thread would be enough to make it apparent that the thread wasnt worth your while.

Taking a gratuitous shot at folk and then scurrying back into the woodwork is ring and run... and I seem to recall your taking great exception when folk used the word 'obsession' to describe a series of your posts... which begs the question of why it's ok for you to define others in such terms but not for any to define you in like manner.

So much for "do unto others as you would have other do unto you.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 10 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I respect your thoughts....

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ May 10 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]130227[/snapback]

You could have been done without having to declare it to the world; your not posting in a thread would be enough to make it apparent that the thread wasnt worth your while.

Taking a gratuitous shot at folk and then scurrying back into the woodwork is ring and run... and I seem to recall your taking great exception when folk used the word 'obsession' to describe a series of your posts... which begs the question of why it's ok for you to define others in such terms but not for any to define you in like manner.

So much for "do unto others as you would have other do unto you.

In His service,
Mr. J

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 10 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]130226[/snapback]

I believe in the God of the Bible...the same God that has MOVED enemies--people places and thing for a lot less....IF we are HIS people, does that not still mean that the effectual, ferverent prayers of the righteous cannot move what many believe to be a sinner from this ministry?

Call me a SDA Penecostal--or whatever, but I believe that when the people of God do what the Word of God showed and stated by precept and example time and time again...things will change...If he is indeed a demon over the work of the Lord, cannot the people of the most high God PRAY and FAST and watch God do his thing? Maybe it's just me (which is O.K.), but Christians where is the authority we have over the devil?

Do we have to spend all of our time rehashing in circles...which unintentially becomes exaggerated, not bearing any fruit or making any difference...What is the final purpose?

Does not the constant rehashing not work in Danny Shelton's favor and not work against him?

As Christians, have the lines not been crossed? Or are there new rules...Call him out publically is what the Bible says so that he may be an open reproach, but it does not say crucify him or tell "ALL his little business"...fact or fiction....Who is being won to Christ or if already a christian, would want to join a place (the SDA church) where Linda, Danny, or anyone could not sin screw-up and be forgiven...

Just think about it...pray about it...at the end of the day, this is no longer about Linda or Danny and has become more about how WE feel God should have handled it and why...
smile.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 10 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 10 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]130226[/snapback]

smile.gif

snack.gif PREACH...still lurking now back to regularly scheduled lurking... snack.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 10 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #52

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

there was an incident that happened, Moses went to God in prayer, and God told him to get up cause Moses knew what had to be done...... maybe this is one of those times....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 10 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 10 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]130228[/snapback]

I respect your thoughts....

...just not enough to actually address them...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
HUGGINS130
post May 10 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 339

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ May 6 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]129579[/snapback]

All the while the 3abn truck will continue rolling this great country... G.C. Churches to distance themselves from 3abn... scratchchin.gif

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ May 7 2006, 04:41 AM) [snapback]129604[/snapback]

snack.gif ok calvin, so do we go into lurk mode on this one too!

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ May 10 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]130229[/snapback]

snack.gif PREACH...still lurking now back to regularly scheduled lurking... snack.gif

I respect everyone's thoughts and views on this one too! Every last one! yes.gif

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 10 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ May 10 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]130237[/snapback]

I respect everyone's thoughts and views on this one too! Every last one! yes.gif

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
NormF
post May 10 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 1,691

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 10 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]130226[/snapback]

Here is another angle to look at that may put a different spin on such questions.

As my son was growing up, I tried to teach him things I had learned. I saw to it that he attended school and applied himself to his studies. I supported him as he went to college. Now he is a grown man, doing well in his career, doing well as a mature adult meeting life as he finds it. The things I tried to give him, he is using to good effect. His father is very proud! [buttons popping!] clap.gif

If he came up against a problem at work today that he's had the training and knowledge to deal with, that was clearly at his door and something he could do something about, and instead of tackling it, he shrugged it off or tried to get someone else to do it -- and again, let me underscore, if he but would, he could -- how proud would I be if he didn't? sad.gif

God gives us a mind and body so that we can think and do. Does He intend then for us shrug and walk away -- sometimes called, 'let go and let God'? Does that glorify His name?

Sure, there are things we can't do. There are some legitimate 'let go and let God' things. And according to His sovereign will, He may or may not step in as He sees fit. In fact, without question, He does intervene at times, sometimes pretty directly, even spectacularly. But that's a limited list. His whole purpose in giving us gifts is to see us use them, not bury them in the dirt.

By the way, not too many individuals can build a Hoover Dam or a Golden Gate bridge by thermselves, for example. Or lift a car off someone pinned under it as a result of an accident. But people have done those things ... different ways in varying, different circumstances, but they did do them. And in the doing, I think God was being glorified. [... and I believe I hear the sound of buttons popping!]

But I think I can also take it a step further in this direction: If I am working to help a brother in pain, or a sister who is hurting, or otherwise in need, even if I can't solve everything for them by myself, in fact even if I can hardly make a dent in it, but I'm trying, I believe that still I hear the sound of buttons popping.

Regards,
Norm

--------------------
Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post May 11 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #57

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Amen Norm!!

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 11 2006, 03:23 AM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 11 2006, 03:44 AM) [snapback]130226[/snapback]

smile.gif

You recall that Moses had to hold up his arm and others had to sustain him.

At an early stage I felt I should do just what you suggested and disappear from the scene, and I really prayed about it. That night God showed me in a dream that if I'd disappear to avoid telling what I have seen, then I'd be held responsible for the evil someone else has done.

Do you believe God gives us directions?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 11 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #59

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I know personally that God gives us humans directions....I also have been in situations where God has called me to be Jeremiah and the Holy Spirit removed what needed to go....

In the posts (that I have viewed) not ONE TIME has anyone stated that God has placed the burden on them to speak this and has directly told them that this was the way to handle it...perhaps that is my concern; it is a big difference in thinking that one is doing the Work of God and actually doing it....

I will state it again...Call him out publically, but scripture still states "Thou Shalt Not Kill"... smile.gif

QUOTE(Johann @ May 11 2006, 04:23 AM) [snapback]130247[/snapback]

You recall that Moses had to hold up his arm and others had to sustain him.

At an early stage I felt I should do just what you suggested and disappear from the scene, and I really prayed about it. That night God showed me in a dream that if I'd disappear to avoid telling what I have seen, then I'd be held responsible for the evil someone else has done.

Do you believe God gives us directions?

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post May 11 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 11 2006, 09:51 AM) [snapback]130276[/snapback]

I know personally that God gives us humans directions....I also have been in situations where God has called me to be Jeremiah and the Holy Spirit removed what needed to go....

In the posts (that I have viewed) not ONE TIME has anyone stated that God has placed the burden on them to speak this and has directly told them that this was the way to handle it...perhaps that is my concern; it is a big difference in thinking that one is doing the Work of God and actually doing it....

I will state it again...Call him out publically, but scripture still states "Thou Shalt Not Kill"... smile.gif

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You dont declare your every utterance to be ordained of God and there have been myriad times in this forum where you have made such a claim and been flat *wrong* in what you claimed to be fact.

Why, then, do you feel a need to place a burden on others that you will not bear in your own right?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church