Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9148&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:58:54 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn To Summarize...., what is the crime?
watchbird
post Jun 3 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #76

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Jun 3 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]133284[/snapback]

aight Clay I think I'll come out of lurk mode for the weekend...maybe there are some things that I can read upon and see where it leads...NOT!!!! roflmao.gif

Actually, it isn't a single well beaten path leading to a predetermined destination. It's more like an "interactive plot" game where you can use the "givens" to lead to more than one destination. For example, if you want to see problems described as a blot upon the good face of Adventism and even of Christianity which need to be removed, then "you can get there from here". If, OTOH, you want to see them as evidence that Adventism is basically baaaaa-d, then "you can get there from here" also.

As the saying goes, "It's not the gale, but the set of the sail, that determines the place where you go." (more or less loosely paraphrased, not by intent but by an under-active memory.)

Whatever. Enjoy the trip! (though "enjoy" may not be the best choice of words in this specific context). wave.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Jun 3 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #77

Guests

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 3 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]133292[/snapback]

Actually, it isn't a single well beaten path leading to a predetermined destination. It's more like an "interactive plot" game where you can use the "givens" to lead to more than one destination.

Its kinda like the Da Vinci Code. clap.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 11 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

-

Kay Kuzma has more miracle stories than dogs have ticks. The miracle would be if anybody believed it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a link:

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/living/14671197.htm

Quote:

" Miracle " is a loaded word, one with implications that run a gamut from merely "a marvel" to "an act of God."

Brenda Walsh and Kay Kuzma were going for the latter shading when they wrote "Between Hell and High Water," a book of firsthand accounts - miracle stories - from Katrina survivors.

"Danny (Shelton, president and founder of 3ABN) flew down (to the Coast) with a film crew just days after the storm," Walsh said by phone from somewhere in the hinterlands of Hancock County on Wednesday, "and at the ACTS distribution centers in Waveland and Lumberton - he visited both sites - he said he heard so many incredible survival stories. Miracle stories" .

"We hadn't really thought about going to Mississippi," Walsh said, but after a call to Shelton, the women dropped everything and drove to the area less than two weeks after the storm because " miracle stories have happened down here."

Their hope is that these "miracle stories" will inspire others in their travails, "give them just the bit of hope they need to carry on."

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 11 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 11 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]134319[/snapback]

-

Kay Kuzma has more miracle stories than dogs have ticks. The miracle would be if anybody believed it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a link:

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/living/14671197.htm

Quote:

" Miracle " is a loaded word, one with implications that run a gamut from merely "a marvel" to "an act of God."

Brenda Walsh and Kay Kuzma were going for the latter shading when they wrote "Between Hell and High Water," a book of firsthand accounts - miracle stories - from Katrina survivors.

"Danny (Shelton, president and founder of 3ABN) flew down (to the Coast) with a film crew just days after the storm," Walsh said by phone from somewhere in the hinterlands of Hancock County on Wednesday, "and at the ACTS distribution centers in Waveland and Lumberton - he visited both sites - he said he heard so many incredible survival stories. Miracle stories" .

"We hadn't really thought about going to Mississippi," Walsh said, but after a call to Shelton, the women dropped everything and drove to the area less than two weeks after the storm because " miracle stories have happened down here."

Their hope is that these "miracle stories" will inspire others in their travails, "give them just the bit of hope they need to carry on."

"Money, money, money
must be funny, in rich man's world.

Money, money, money
always sunny, in a rich man's world."
Abba

$$$$ more books, more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jun 11 2006, 02:17 PM

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Jun 11 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Book costs: $15 on-site Monday, $10 each for 10 or more books. The book will retail for $15.99 and will be available at amazon.com or at the 3ABN Web site, www.3abn.org.

Yea a real big discount if you buy it from them huh! Save a whole 99 cents. Think I'll just jump in my car & drive down there & get my copy. NOT no.gif

Walsh said she prayed at every turn, and at every turn, she met someone new, saw some new misery or need.

I'm sorry but for crying out loud they were hit by hurricanes of course there was going to be misery or need no matter what corner you went too! Unbelievable they are taking some one else's misery to make big $$$. Bet they don't give the money from the proceeds of these books to those people they seen in need either to help them out. dunno.gif

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 11 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 11 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]134324[/snapback]

"Money, money, money
must be funny, in rich man's world.

Money, money, money
always sunny, in a rich man's world."
Abba

$$$$ more books, more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Isn't Brenda Walsh the "friend" that went with Linda Shelton when she visited her son, Nathan, while he in was in the treatment program in Norway? scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 11 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 11 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]134338[/snapback]

Isn't Brenda Walsh the "friend" that went with Linda Shelton when she visited her son, Nathan, while he in was in the treatment program in Norway? scratchchin.gif

YES!

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jun 11 2006, 05:17 PM

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 11 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 11 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]134340[/snapback]

YES!

As the "best friend" of Linda Shelton, knowing that no inappropriate behavior was going on between Nathan's doctor and Linda, why didn't Brenda Walsh come to Linda's defense?

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post Jun 11 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 11 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]134346[/snapback]

As the "best friend" of Linda Shelton, knowing that no inappropriate behavior was going on between Nathan's doctor and Linda, why didn't Brenda Walsh come to Linda's defense?

Was Brenda the person who started "the relationship" rumor when she returned from the trip to Europe?

This post has been edited by gracetoyou: Jun 11 2006, 07:39 PM

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 11 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(gracetoyou @ Jun 11 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]134349[/snapback]

Was Brenda the person who started "the relationship" rumor when she returned from the trip to Europe?

No. From everything that I have heard, the original source for all "the relationship" rumors and accusations is Danny Shelton. It all begins and ends at the same source. So, why didn't Brenda Walsh defend her "best friend"? Why didn't she stand up and tell the truth? scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 11 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 11 2006, 07:07 PM) [snapback]134350[/snapback]

No. From everything that I have heard, the original source for all "the relationship" rumors and accusations is Danny Shelton. It all begins and ends at the same source. So, why didn't Brenda Walsh defend her "best friend"? Why didn't she stand up and tell the truth? scratchchin.gif

Because when the rubber met the road, when the time came to stand up, she didn't, because she is one of "them" . She flunked the test when she was given it. Maybe she can do a "re-take" sometime....maybe she will be given another oppertunity, as many are, to do the right thing ANYWAY. boxing.gif scratchchin.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 11 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #87

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 11 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]134352[/snapback]

Because when the rubber met the road, when the time came to stand up, she didn't, because she is one of "them" . She flunked the test when she was given it. Maybe she can do a "re-take" sometime....maybe she will be given another oppertunity, as many are, to do the right thing ANYWAY. boxing.gif scratchchin.gif

Brenda had everything to gain by following the "official 3ABN story", fabricated to remove Linda from her company position and her marriage.

Oh, by the way, if Brenda was Linda's "best friend", what was Brenda's relationship with Danny? scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 11 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 12 2006, 12:03 AM) [snapback]134338[/snapback]

I met both Brenda and Linda during their 3˝ days in Norway back in 2004. Shortly after that Danny wrote to me and told me that Linda had not behaved properly at a seminar they had attended at the local SDA church. Since I had not been there I called a friend who was present at that seminar and asked him if he had noticed any improper behavior by Linda there in the church. He told me he had been interpreting for Linda and had observed her the whole time and had never noticed any such thing.

From others I found out that Brenda had made some improper remarks there. Pastor John Lomacang told me that later Brenda had called him at 2 AM and told him an evil spirit had appeared and thrown down a basket from a shelf. This scared her so that she had to confess her sins, which turned out to be that she had not confessed Linda's sins before. It appears to me that Brenda was projecting her own actions on Linda. . .

I called Dr. Walt Thompson and asked him how the appearance of an evil spirit could bless 3ABN, but he seemed certain it was helping 3ABN!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 11 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #89

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 3 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]133292[/snapback]

Actually, it isn't a single well beaten path leading to a predetermined destination. It's more like an "interactive plot" game where you can use the "givens" to lead to more than one destination. For example, if you want to see problems described as a blot upon the good face of Adventism and even of Christianity which need to be removed, then "you can get there from here". If, OTOH, you want to see them as evidence that Adventism is basically baaaaa-d, then "you can get there from here" also.

As the saying goes, "It's not the gale, but the set of the sail, that determines the place where you go." (more or less loosely paraphrased, not by intent but by an under-active memory.)

Whatever. Enjoy the trip! (though "enjoy" may not be the best choice of words in this specific context). wave.gif

Well beaten would be a good way to put it. yes.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post Jun 12 2006, 05:46 AM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 11 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]134366[/snapback]

From others I found out that Brenda had made some improper remarks there. Pastor John Lomacang told me that later Brenda had called him at 2 AM and told him an evil spirit had appeared and thrown down a basket from a shelf. This scared her so that she had to confess her sins, which turned out to be that she had not confessed Linda's sins before. It appears to me that Brenda was projecting her own actions on Linda. . .

Someone had mentioned to me that it was Brenda Walsh who had started the adultery rumor during or after the Europe trip. How would Danny know that Linda had made "improper" remarks unless Brenda had told him? Brenda made improper remarks and then an evil spirit appeared to her and threw down a basket from a shelf?!! scratchchin.gif Are we getting to the true source of this sorry saga? What is Brenda's background? It is not normal for evil spirits to appear to someone unless they have been dabbling with the occult. Or is she a few sandwiches short of a picnic? And, yes, what exactly was Brenda's "relationship" with Danny?

This post has been edited by gracetoyou: Jun 12 2006, 07:31 AM

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:58 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church