Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9174&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:36:20 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Is Happening With Linda?
Brenda
post Apr 18 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #196

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 19 2007, 04:58 AM) [snapback]191891[/snapback]

Calvin,
Thanks. Nuff said. notworthy.gif

As a general comment, Calvin, I appreciate your fairness and your standards on this board.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 30 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #197

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

What is happening with Linda?

On top of everything else she has not heard from her son, Nathan, since March 17,and she has been told that he has disappeared. This worried mother solicits our prayers. She is also wondering if there are any people of BSDA who are good at finding missing people?

Nathan Moore was last at Pass Christian, Mississippi, working for Pink Marine Construction.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 30 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #198

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 30 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]193630[/snapback]

On top of everything else she has not heard from her son, Nathan, since March 17,and she has been told that he has disappeared. This worried mother solicits our prayers. She is also wondering if there are any people of BSDA who are good at finding missing people?

Nathan Moore was last at Pass Christian, Mississippi, working for Pink Marine Construction.

My, My, isn't this strange! right before court with Linda! This looks bad doesn't it?

Is there such a thing as coincidence?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Aunt B
post Apr 30 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #199

Member No.: 2,378

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 30 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]193630[/snapback]

Thanks for letting us know this Johann. I will be praying for Linda. I know how it feels to worry about a son. I don't know how to find "missing people" but I know God does. Praying for Nathan too.

Aunt B

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 30 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #200

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 30 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]193657[/snapback]

My, My, isn't this strange! right before court with Linda! This looks bad doesn't it?

Right before court with Linda? How so? The court date was last week, more than a month past Nathan's alleged disapearance. Yet another insinuation Fran?
Also Di ask Nathan's age. He is 26 or soon will be....

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 30 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

When is Nathan's birthday?

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 30 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #202

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Thanks Eirene for the info. I will be keeping him in my prayers.

Eirene, I am gong to assume you are not a mother, please correct me if I am worng, but if my child was missing for a monthe before going to court, I might be more than a bit distracted, and a lot worried. if someone wanted to keep Linda of"off balance" that would be a good way.

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 30 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]193672[/snapback]

Right before court with Linda? How so? The court date was last week, more than a month past Nathan's alleged disapearance. Yet another insinuation Fran?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 30 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #203

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 30 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]193681[/snapback]

Thanks Eirene for the info. I will be keeping him in my prayers.

Eirene, I am gong to assume you are not a mother, please correct me if I am worng, but if my child was missing for a monthe before going to court, I might be more than a bit distracted, and a lot worried. if someone wanted to keep Linda of"off balance" that would be a good way.

How about climbing the walls? Pacing the floor? Making frantic phone calls?

Yep Yep that would be me alright!

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 30 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #204

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok?!! Now if he had been missing for a da y or a week, that might have been one thing, but a whole month?

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 30 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]193683[/snapback]

Rosyroi

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Apr 30 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #205

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 30 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]193683[/snapback]

Rosyroi

Yes, Linda is pacing the floor and making frantic phone calls. She has been for weeks.

Whether a person's child is 6 or 26, they are still a person's child and will be worried about by a parent or any person who cares about and loves that person, or any human soul. Do you, Eirene? Are you concerned about Nathan? The disappearance of a person is nothing to be made light of due to age or anything else. This is a human being created by God. A soul who God loves as much as he loves any other soul on this planet. Whether he is 26 or 55, doing drugs or performing televangelism, he is equally important in God's eyes. If Mark Finley, Danny Shelton, or Doug Bachelor disappeared for a month and no person could account for their whereabouts, would that be reason for anyone to be worried? Even though they are over the age of 26? Of course it would! Is Nathan any less of a child of God than them?

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 1 2007, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 30 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #206

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(beartrap @ May 1 2007, 12:09 AM) [snapback]193687[/snapback]

Yes, Linda is pacing the floor and making frantic phone calls. She has been for weeks.

Whether a person's child is 6 or 26, they are still a person's child and will be worried about by a parent. The disappearance of a person is nothing to be made light of due to age or anything else. This is a human being created by God. A soul who God loves as much as he loves any other soul on this planet. Whether he is 26 or 55, doing drugs or performing televangelism, he is equally important in God's eyes. If Mark Finley, Danny Shelton, or Doug Bachelor disappeared for a month and no person could account for their whereabouts, would that be reason for anyone to be worried? Even though they are over the age of 26? Of course it would! Is Nathan any less of a child of God than them?

No he is not! Nathan is the apple of God's eye. There is no parent alive (I hope) that does not understand the love for a child.

We are all God's children. Lord, please keep Nathan safe and bring him home safe to his mother. Soon Lord! Please do not let evil near him.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 30 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #207

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

a cold bitter heart is a wasteland. may God have mercy on you.

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 30 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]193672[/snapback]

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post May 1 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #208

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(mozart @ May 1 2007, 07:40 AM) [snapback]193689[/snapback]

a cold bitter heart is a wasteland. may God have mercy on you.

The most cruel thing is that this seems to be the real heart of people claiming to be mending broken hearts.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Observer
post May 1 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #209

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Fran @ Apr 30 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]193657[/snapback]

Nathan was a troubled person, due to addiction to drugs, as I understand it. I have relatives, some close, and others not so close, who have been troubled by their use of alcohol and/or illegal drugs. Their threatment has been mixed. Some have kicked their habbit, and some still struggle with it.

Speaking from that personal background, I can say that it would be quite reasonable to treat Nathan's disappearance as coincidence. Frankly, I doubt that there is any evidence to support any other conclusion. People dealing with such problems often simply disappear for a while.

Yes, such disapparances cause a lot of pain for those who love them, and worry about them. But, as a relative said to me the other day, in regard to a family member: Greg, I cannot live his life, I have got to let go. I am not responsible for the choices that he makes. Yes, that mother will worry. She does care.

So, also, Linda will care, and be concerned.

However, there is a factor in this that may be of interest: Let us wait and see how Danny Shelton and those who defend him respond to this. Will they either ignore, or respond with indifference? Or, will they respond in a manner that conveys genuine care for Nathan and concern for him and Linda?

They may see Linda and the rest of us an enemy. If so, the Bible says to love those you consider to be an enemy. Who anmong them will come public with a message of concern and caring for Nathan and Linda?

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post May 1 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #210

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Johann @ May 1 2007, 07:00 AM) [snapback]193701[/snapback]

The most cruel thing is that this seems to be the real heart of people claiming to be mending broken hearts.

like the old caribbean folks say, "rest dem at de foot ah deh cross..."

"just leave them at the foot of the cross."

I pray for the young man's safety and I pray for Linda who undoubtedly is in anguish right now. I hope all will be well with the family. It is certainly a trying time.

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:36 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church