Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9174&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:36:16 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Is Happening With Linda?
Noahswife
post Mar 31 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #166

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 31 2007, 09:56 PM) [snapback]189212[/snapback]

I wonder if Mr. Deep Pockets plans to take on the defense of each individual board member if they are found to have breached their fiduciary duties? I'm sure Lee or Bystander or WWJD knows...

Snoopy, my first question would be "do they have liability insurance?" I know of few people who are willing to sit on a Board of Directors without having that type of insurance provided for them. If that has not been done it would only support the impression I have of how this board was set up and how it functions contrary to how many boards are run.

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 31 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #167

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 31 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]189214[/snapback]

Oh, don't forget "aletheia" either...she/he knows a lot!

Good point!!! VERY good point!!!

Although, tonight I might do better to forget her/him.........

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 31 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #168

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok Snoopy, we know Aletheia claims to be female. We have to take her word for it an address her according to her preference.......... yes.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 31 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #169

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 31 2007, 10:51 PM) [snapback]189239[/snapback]

Snoopy, my first question would be "do they have liability insurance?" I know of few people who are willing to sit on a Board of Directors without having that type of insurance provided for them. If that has not been done it would only support the impression I have of how this board was set up and how it functions contrary to how many boards are run.

Yes, I agree. That is a very good question. And, I hope for their sakes they do have D&O insurance, because it may be tough to get now...

And from what I've read I also have an opinion on the establishment and functionality of the 3ABN board, but that may be irrelevant when it comes to the question of breach of fiduciary responsibilities...

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 31 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #170

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 31 2007, 10:59 PM) [snapback]189214[/snapback]

Oh, don't forget "aletheia" either...she/he knows a lot!

only what she's been told by others... she, by her own admission, is "not a witness"...so at best one could say she's heard alot.

In His service,
Mr. J

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 30 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]189037[/snapback]

Mr. Josey. Please be patient. All the documentation will come out in Court.

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 14 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]185282[/snapback]

3ABN has no desire to take this to court.

Which is the truth and which is the lie, Lee?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 31 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #171

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

Lee? still patiently waiting for your answers. ty

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Mar 31 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #172

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 30 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]189037[/snapback]

Mr. Josey. Please be patient. All the documentation will come out in Court. There is proof. You will just have to take my word for it. Why would Bystander make something like this up anyway...actually why would I even be on this forum except to present the truth. I have no agenda like so many others here.

Let this be a lesson for yourself. But you are deaf so I guess you can take your own advice.

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 31 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #173

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(LadyTenor @ Apr 1 2007, 07:06 AM) [snapback]189278[/snapback]

rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

What a relief. yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Apr 1 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #174

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 1 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]189268[/snapback]

only what she's been told by others... she, by her own admission, is "not a witness"...so at best one could say she's heard alot.

In His service,
Mr. J
Which is the truth and which is the lie, Lee?

In His service,
Mr. J

Such a simple question MrJ! The answer is both. The truth, as Linda has demanded, will be revealed in court. This is the way she has wanted it because she believed that 3ABN would always do her bidding and hide the truth of the situation. But, she played that hand too long and it will come back to haunt her - and you because you have chosen to support her in this effort to destroy 3ABN. You may have your personal reasons, but she has used you as she has many others to do her bidding and attempt to disparage Danny and 3ABN beyond repair.

Linda had the opportunity to move forward and develop a ministry that would bring others to Christ. She, on the other hand, decided to focus her energies on destroying 3ABN and using as many people as she could in the process in an effort to protect herself from having to bear any burden in this situation what so ever. She wants to be seen as the victim, responsibility free, she wants to "win" and that is all she is interested in.

You can hide behind Linda's lies and toss your poison arrows or you can dig into the facts (make your own calls) and discover for yourself where the truth exists. In the end, you are going to find that you owe individuals an apology and others you will demand an explanation from . . . at that point I will ask you which is which!

- FHB

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Apr 1 2007, 12:23 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 1 2007, 04:23 AM
Post #175

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 31 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]189239[/snapback]

Re: D & O insurance:

I cannot imagine them not haveing such insurance. However, any modern policy will contain a list of exceptions. That is to say, it will contain a list of situations in which they will not defend the ones who hold the pollicies. One common exception today might be that they will not defend against charges of discrimination. Another exception might be that they would not defend against a charge of sexual assualt. It may be assumed that there would also be a list of more exceptions.

It may very well be that when 3-ABN first purchased the policy, it contained no exceptions. If that is true, it is likely that over the years, as the policy has been renewed, the insurance company has added the exceptions.

How do I know: I am a corporate officer of a non-profit corporation, and a member of its Board. I know. Someone has threatened to sue us. When we notified our insurance carrier, it promptly sent us a letter notifying us of its list of situations in which it would not defend. Well, we believe that any lawsuit would be groundless. As it has not been filed, we cannot say that our insurance company would not defend us. But, all of us now have a very clear picture of the limitations of D & O insurance. Previously, we did not have that clairty.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 1 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #176

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Apr 1 2007, 01:20 AM) [snapback]189293[/snapback]

Such a simple question MrJ! The answer is both. The truth, as Linda has demanded, will be revealed in court. This is the way she has wanted it because she believed that 3ABN would always do her bidding and hide the truth of the situation. But, she played that hand too long and it will come back to haunt her - and you because you have chosen to support her in this effort to destroy 3ABN. You may have your personal reasons, but she has used you as she has many others to do her bidding and attempt to disparage Danny and 3ABN beyond repair.

Linda had the opportunity to move forward and develop a ministry that would bring others to Christ. She, on the other hand, decided to focus her energies on destroying 3ABN and using as many people as she could in the process in an effort to protect herself from having to bear any burden in this situation what so ever. She wants to be seen as the victim, responsibility free, she wants to "win" and that is all she is interested in.

You can hide behind Linda's lies and toss your poison arrows or you can dig into the facts (make your own calls) and discover for yourself where the truth exists. In the end, you are going to find that you owe individuals an apology and others you will demand an explanation from . . . at that point I will ask you which is which!

- FHB

FHB

I cannot believe that Linda has so much POWER over Danny and 3ABN!

If she orchestrated this mess, I have entirely underestimated her power! She is tiny and I have never heard her yell. I am sure she has. We all yell occasionally. However, I am a little confused!

If she is more powerful than Danny, why did she leave 3ABN instead of Danny? Why didn't she stay at 3ABN and marry her son's doctor? She could have arranged it so she was in charge of all those millions of dollars!

I guess she has just recently gained all this power. She has become so powerful that Danny is going to sue everyone he can that he believes is in cahoots with Linda!

If Linda can single handedly over throw 3ABN, maybe we have been right and 3ABN is the weak one in more areas than many have thought.

It seems that Danny cannot overpower Linda, so he has hired people to protect him from Linda. Fourteen lawyers no less!

Now, let me see;

1. Danny;
2. Brandy;
3. Melody;
4. Greg;
5. Kenneth Shelton;
6. Mrs Kenneth Shelton;
7. Ronnie Shelton; (sp)
8. Mrs. Ronnie Shelton;
9. Mollie;
10. Hal;
11. John Lomacang;
12. Mrs Lomacang;
13. Shelley;
14. DJ (or is it JD);
15. Walt Thompson;
16. The remaining Board Members; (# of loyals, unknown)
18. 17. The BIG DONOR that foots the bill;
19. Maybe the Conference President;
20. Lawyer #1;
21. Lawyer #2;
22. Lawyer #3;
23. Lawyer #4;
24. Lawyer #5;
25. Lawyer #6;
26. Lawyer #7;
27. Lawyer #8;
28. Lawyer #9;
29. Lawyer #10
30. Lawyer #11;
31. Lawyer #12;
32. Lawyer #13;
33. Lawyer #14;
34. Mr Riva (sp?);
35. Larry Ewing (sp?);
36. Tommy Shelton;
37. Carol Shelton;
38. Tammy Shelton-Chance;
39. Carol Shelton;

I am sure I have not listed every one. I am sure Tommy's kids could be added to that list. Now who does Linda have?

1. Mr. Joy; (Not a first hand witness)
2. Mr. Pickle; (Not a first hand witness)
3. Mr. Matthews; (Not a first hand witness)
4. Johann Thorvaldson (sp?);
5. Nathan Moore;
6. Linda's daughter;
7. Nathan Doctor;
8. Barbara Kerr
9. Sister;
10. Sonshineonme;
11. Beartrap;
12. Hoty;
13. Derrell Mundall;
14. Panama Pete;
15. and a few others

I never expected this for sure! Surely God is on her side. Why would it take so many to back Danny when he has all the evidence and backers. He has no want for money.

Linda has no ubiquitous money; no law firm with 14 lawyers; she only has Danny's words to defend herself. If 3ABN is that scared of Linda, I guess I do not have the information she has.

I have really underestimated her power. This is one battle that will be very lopsided. Jesus and Linda against the Great Army of men! This will be written in history pages since this evidence will be revealed to the world.

I hope this happens soon so everyone will know for sure what is truth and what is a lie!

Maybe you are right FHB, it looks like the balance of the scales of justice are heavy on Danny's side with all that bought power. Linda has her testimony and the power of God. If Danny is so afraid of her, maybe he knows something we don't.

Whew! It is good we don't judge books by their covers. Right? Are you one of Danny's independent lawyers?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #177

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Lee and FHB,

To the average reader it simply sounds completely idiotic and the height of stupidity to refuse to answer simple questions and provide proof as requested until doing so in court after suing the ones answering questions.

I can think of only one motive for such unreasonable, unchristian, and irresponsible stubbornness, other than deceptive bluffing: Get the judge to seal all records permanently, and/or get the parties to agree to settle with a stipulation that all details of the settlement and the evidence/proof be forever buried in silence.

Now if perchance that is part of the strategy, it would probably be better not to sue me.

But then again, I haven't even gotten a cease and desist letter yet. Not one. And I have yet to be threatened at all by anyone. While Danny told a good friend of mine I was going to be sued, he's never told me that, and neither has any named, official representative of 3ABN.

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Apr 1 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #178

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 51

Exactly why I find all this talk of court..... rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 1 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #179

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

OR MAYBE.....

Such a simple question FHB! The answer is both. The truth, as Danny has demanded, will be revealed in court. This is the way he has wanted it because he believed that 3ABN would always do his bidding and hide the truth of the situation. But, he has played that hand too long and it will come back to haunt him - and you because you have chosen to support him in his effort to destroy 3ABN instead of step aside. You may have your personal reasons, but he has used you as he has many others to do his bidding and attempt to disparage Linda and her friends & supporters.

Danny had the opportunity to move forward and develop a ministry that would bring others to Christ. He, on the other hand, decided to focus his energies on destroying Linda and using as many people as he could in the process in an effort to protect himself from having to bear any burden in this situation what-so-ever. He wants to be seen as the victim, responsibility free, he wants to "win" and not suffer any of the consequences of his actions and that is all he is interested in. Absolutely all.

You can hide behind Danny's lies and toss your poison arrows or you can dig into the facts (make your own calls) and discover for yourself where the truth exists. In the end, you are going to find that you owe individuals an apology and others you will demand an explanation from . . . at that point I will ask you which is which!

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Apr 1 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #180

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Apr 1 2007, 01:20 AM) [snapback]189293[/snapback]

Linda had the opportunity to move forward and develop a ministry that would bring others to Christ.
- FHB

Linda Shelton still does have the opportunity to move forward with a ministry. And when she does, Mr. Danny and Ms. Brandy Shelton won't be part of it.

I may be wrong, but as one of her first subjects, Linda Shelton may choose to speak of end-time events, such as earthquakes in diverse places.

For instance, Fallible, did you know there was an earthquake in Fayetteville, Arkansas? Now isn't that an unusual place for an earthquake: Fayetteville? Here's the link. Earthquakes are happening more and more all over the place.

Where were you on February 3, 1962 - the date of the Fayetteville earthquake - Fallible? Were you able to feel that earthquake at all?

Eastern earthquakes, like the ones originating along the New Madrid fault line cover more territory than western earthquakes, such as the one that destroyed San Francisco, California. Isn't that just amazing, Fallible? Linda Shelton may have an entire sermon on this fascinating subject, Fallible. My guess it that Walt Thompson in Wisconsin -- and any other Thompsons in Wisconsin -- will really enjoy it.

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Apr 1 2007, 01:22 PM

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:36 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church