Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9772&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:34 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 8 (still more of the televangelist)
Johann
post Jun 8 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #106

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(gracetoyou @ Jun 8 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]133950[/snapback]

Then what's the point of having a board of directors? Even though some are in Danny's pocket and supported his actions against Linda and some are apparently oblivious to the evil underbelly of 3ABN, don't they wield some decision-making authority? If Danny were publicly disgraced or resigned in the face of public exposure, wouldn't the board step in and find a replacement?

As long as there is sufficient Mammon [financial contributions] to support the president there is hardly any power in this world that can remove him from office.

I wonder how long the board, even his most ardent supporters, would defend him if even some of the accusations posted here are made public. Robert Folkenburg was a powerful GC president until he was sued by non-Adventists for financial improprieties. He was then disposed of quickly. Many Christian organizations, especially those who depend on contributions, will disassociate themselves from bearers of bad publicity. It took public exposure of Bakker's immorality and unethical finances to topple him. If it will have to go that far to remove Danny remains to be seen.

It has been pointed out in this story that when a board member disagrees with the president, that person is replaced by someone else willing to rubber stamp the president's desires. Isn't it nice to be able to work with a board like that?

This post has been edited by Johann: Jun 8 2006, 09:35 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 8 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #107

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 8 2006, 08:33 AM) [snapback]133953[/snapback]

As long as there is sufficient Mammon [financial contributions] to support the president there is hardly any power in this world that can remove him from office.

It has been pointed out in this story that when a board member disagrees with the president, that person is replaced by someone else willing to rubber stamp the president's desires. Isn't it nice to be able to work with a board like that?

THAT board is there for appearances only - they represent security and "watch dog" affects only to those that think that that board is doing what the typical board would be doing. It's one more misleading appearance to everyone. This is why we are having this conversation. It's just one more thing to get your mind around to see it's not what it appears to be. huh.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 8 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #108

Guests

If you guys would just stop believing this idea that 3ABN is something God set up all this hand wringing would not be necessary. Danny had every right to install a board that agrees with him. He would be a fool to do otherwise. Employees of 3ABN are Danny's employees. His primary obligation is to obey labor laws. He has no obligation to fit into the eschatological musings of these employees.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 8 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #109

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 8 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]133961[/snapback]

If you guys would just stop believing this idea that 3ABN is something God set up all this hand wringing would not be necessary. Danny had every right to install a board that agrees with him. He would be a fool to do otherwise. Employees of 3ABN are Danny's employees. His primary obligation is to obey labor laws. He has no obligation to fit into the eschatological musings of these employees.

you speak the truth brother. giggle.gif preach on! Tell it like it is. Spread the word. Awaken the walking dead.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jun 8 2006, 09:58 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
Guest_vonessa_*
post Jun 8 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #110

Guests

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 8 2006, 10:57 AM) [snapback]133963[/snapback]

you speak the truth brother. giggle.gif preach on!

But because Danny is famous and has succeeded to build it to this point, then he must be responsible to us as the church members as well as to those who donate money. It doesnt matter if he is officially working for the church or not. It would be the same as if I as a Seventhday Adventist Christian opened a jewelry shop or decided to sell coffee with caffeine and then said I was selling these as a SDA. I would be responsible to my church to represent the church well and not be into the confusion of the people who do not know.

To who much has been gave, much is asked.

This post has been edited by vonessa: Jun 8 2006, 10:08 AM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 8 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #111

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 8 2006, 05:53 PM) [snapback]133961[/snapback]

How serious where you when you wrote this?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 8 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #112

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 8 2006, 09:00 AM) [snapback]133965[/snapback]

I can't answer this for him, but from what I have learned from him, when is statrei not serious about things he says? Or do I have him all wrong? scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 8 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #113

Guests

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 8 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]133965[/snapback]

I am very serious. Danny has all these conservative SDA's by the b**** because they have convinced themselves that he is the God's exclusive messenger for these last days. Don't cry because someone takes advantage of your gullibility. Get your theology straight and things get a little easier.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 8 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #114

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(vonessa @ Jun 8 2006, 05:59 PM) [snapback]133964[/snapback]

But because Danny is famous and has succeeded to build it to this point, then he must be responsible to us as the church members as well as to those who donate money. It doesnt matter if he is officially working for the church or not. It would be the same as if I as a Seventhday Adventist Christian opened a jewelry shop or decided to sell coffee with caffeine and then said I was selling these as a SDA. I would be responsible to my church to represent the church well and not be into the confusourion of the people who do not know.

To who much has been gave, much is asked.

I sure wish you were saying the truth, vonessa. When your jeweler builds his own SDA church, hires a pastor to suit his whims, preach the sermons he wants to hear, and to issue church disciplin to whomever he wants to curtail, and then he manages to place his general store manager on the Conference Board, he uses money earned in his jewelry store to pay for the campaign of his chosen people to be leaders and officers on different leadership levels in the Church - who is there to discipline your jeweler?

Is this serving God or Mammon?

This post has been edited by Johann: Jun 8 2006, 10:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 8 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #115

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 8 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]133978[/snapback]

I sure wish you were saying the truth, vonessa. When your jeweler builds his own SDA church, hires a pastor to suit his whims, preach he sermons he wants to hear, and to issue church disciplin to whomever he wants to curtail, and then he manages to place his general store manager on the Conference Board, he uses money earned in his jewelry store to pay for the campaign of his chosen people to be leaders and officers on different leadership levels in the Church - who is there to discipline your jeweler?

Is this serving God or Mammon?

who says you have to attend that church.... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 8 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #116

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 8 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]133979[/snapback]

who says you have to attend that church.... dunno.gif

How else can you be assured employment in his jewelry store? What influence do you have if you are anywhere else?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 8 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #117

Guests

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 8 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]133983[/snapback]

How else can you be assured employment in his jewelry store? What influence do you have if you are anywhere else?

That is why it is called private enterprise.

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 8 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #118

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 8 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]133953[/snapback]

There is one point that Danny has forgotten, his secrets are "open secrets". And the more those secrets are revealed publically, the more likely that he comes under the scrutiny of government officials. More than one individual has ended up behind bars at the hands of IRS investigators and many "bean counters" have become whistle blowers, providing the necessary evidence. Maybe it is time to ask those who have worked the financial side of 3ABN, "What do you have in your hands?" They may not have considered that it is they, not Danny, that have the ace in the hole in this high stakes game of chance. Actually, if Danny were as crafty as he has been credited with being, then he should be running scared about now---realizing that his future may well reside in the hands of various accountants. What do they hold in their hands? Perhaps it is the key that opens the door to an eight foot cell...now that is power.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 8 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #119

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 8 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]133983[/snapback]

who says you have to be employed by him?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 8 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #120

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 8 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]133992[/snapback]

There is one point that Danny has forgotten, his secrets are "open secrets". And the more those secrets are revealed publically, the more likely that he comes under the scrutiny of government officials. More than one individual has ended up behind bars at the hands of IRS investigators and many "bean counters" have become whistle blowers, providing the necessary evidence. Maybe it is time to ask those who have worked the financial side of 3ABN, "What do you have in your hands?" They may not have considered that it is they, not Danny, that have the ace in the hole in this high stakes game of chance. Actually, if Danny were as crafty as he has been credited with being, then he should be running scared about now---realizing that his future may well reside in the hands of various accountants. What do they hold in their hands? Perhaps it is the key that opens the door to an eight foot cell...now that is power.

So we are back to all those who CAN do something to affect the situation, to do their part to end the mess (responsibility to themselves and to others, especially those in the "dark" yikes.gif ). The question is, will all those that can, do? Isn't that where the rubber meets the road? scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church