Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9772&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 8 (still more of the televangelist)
watchbird
post Jun 7 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #91

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 7 2006, 08:59 AM) [snapback]133789[/snapback]

If Danny was refering to "The Televangelist" I am not certain, but the comments were made recently, in the last few weeks. Is he still commenting on "The Televangelist"? You will have to judge that for yourself...

Who is reading this thread, I do not know, but it has over fifteen and a half thousands hits since April 16, perhaps more than the current membership must be interested in this topic.

Thank you for correcting my assumptions that you were talking about the same occurance in both places. Since The Televangelist was written a little over a year ago, if you have seen him make these comments in the last few weeks, then I would guess that he is speaking of more recent things being said. That could include the BSDA threads, but it would also probably include private mail that he may have been getting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 7 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 7 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]133793[/snapback]

Thank you for correcting my assumptions that you were talking about the same occurance in both places. Since The Televangelist was written a little over a year ago, if you have seen him make these comments in the last few weeks, then I would guess that he is speaking of more recent things being said. That could include the BSDA threads, but it would also probably include private mail that he may have been getting.

There is a discussion on Pastor John Lomacang's preaching on ClubAdventist...

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 7 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #93

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(gracetoyou @ Jun 7 2006, 09:06 AM) [snapback]133790[/snapback]

So why would he rant on international t.v. about a document - "The Televangelist"- which very few of his viewers had read or were even aware of? Wouldn't this just serve to awaken their curiosity and make them want to read what he was talking about? Is he that dumb? By the way, how can we get a copy of "The Televangelist"?

Perhaps the best answer to your first questions have to do with the "seeds" of unrighteousness, for truly paranoia is one of the "fruits" of sin. As scripture says, "Be sure your sins will find you out." so to the guilty it may quite well seem that the fingers are always pointing at them. And paranoia begets panic and panic produces actions that seem rational to the person doing them even though they might look "dumb" to those who aren't inside their skin.

There is also the apparent fact that Danny wants to be seen as a martyr. In that frame of mind it makes sense for him to draw attention to every criticism of himself so as to supposedly arouse sympathy and additional pious "status" in the eyes of his followers.

As for how to get a copy of "The Televangelist"" The last I knew the author did not want it posted in any public place, but he did want it spread far and wide via private email. If he has changed his position about posting, and sends me information about that, I will be glad to post a copy here.
Since some of the information could use some updating, he may also have changed his mind about email distribution at this time. And I also am not sure whether he wants it sent to those who are not known personally to the sender, so I am hesitant about sending it by PM to someone whose identity I do not know. So I will await instructions from him before making any further offers in this direction.

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 7 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]133796[/snapback]

There is a discussion on Pastor John Lomacang's preaching on ClubAdventist...

Since there are relatively few of us who have access to the CA discussions, perhaps you would bring some of what is being said over here?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 7 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #94

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 7 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]133800[/snapback]

Since there are relatively few of us who have access to the CA discussions, perhaps you would bring some of what is being said over here?

Since the 3ABN threat is closed to others than CA members, I have a notion it might not be accceptable to quote what is being said there. I just mentioned as a clarification why Danny referred to John Lomacang's lies too.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Jun 7 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

Last night on 3ABN Today, I heard Danny mention again about the lies that were being written about him, instead of people spending time and spreading the gospel. He did not say it with any rancour but mainly as an observation. He seemd quite calm.

I have to admit that when I was first sent a copy of the televangelist that I wondered what would be the benefit to me or anyone to read its contents. It seemed to me to reek somehow of vengeance, sorry to say. There really was nothing edifying about the contents of the document. I cannot quite honestly say that I have changed too much my original impression of that document as I find it very hard to reread it.

Would be happy to learn from others who have read the document, what benefit that they have found from so doing. Maybe my first impression was a very wrong one. Thank you for sharing.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 7 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #96

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 7 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]133811[/snapback]

Since the 3ABN threat is closed to others than CA members, I have a notion it might not be accceptable to quote what is being said there. I just mentioned as a clarification why Danny referred to John Lomacang's lies too.

I think it being closed has to do with matters of CA politics rather than of confidentiality. Others have brought things from there to here.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 7 2006, 12:16 PM
Post #97

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jvat @ Jun 7 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]133817[/snapback]

Last night on 3ABN Today, I heard Danny mention again about the lies that were being written about him, instead of people spending time and spreading the gospel. He did not say it with any rancour but mainly as an observation. He seemd quite calm.

I have to admit that when I was first sent a copy of the televangelist that I wondered what would be the benefit to me or anyone to read its contents. It seemed to me to reek somehow of vengeance, sorry to say. There really was nothing edifying about the contents of the document. I cannot quite honestly say that I have changed too much my original impression of that document as I find it very hard to reread it.

Would be happy to learn from others who have read the document, what benefit that they have found from so doing. Maybe my first impression was a very wrong one. Thank you for sharing.

Since I had already heard nearly all of the stories included previous to seeing the document, and since it was plain that the stories as told in the document were much more mild than they were in real life, I have never smelled any scent of "vengeance" in the document. As far as being "edifying"--they are stories of misdeeds and evil intent. One could hardly expect to be "edified" by such information. Enlightened? Yes. Imformed? Yes. But "edified", with the connotations that word has of being spiritually uplifting? Of course not.

As I mentioned, I had heard nearly all of the stories previously, thus I'm sure it was not so shocking to me as to someone who previously had no knowledge of the things told there. But even so, I found that it illustrated the truth of the saying: "the sum of the whole is greater than its parts". For previously I had heard them mostly one at a time and in bits and pieces rather than all together. And there was a considerable difference in the amount of impact they had when put all together. There is something about the cumulative effect of the different vignettes, even though much of the story is only hinted at, that shows the historical development of character in ways that any one-time event, no matter how detailed its telling, simply cannot do.

As for rereading. I would not expect that one would want to reread it often. But if reading it carefully causes evil to be exposed and right to eventually triumph, then the discomfort of reading about it will have been small enough price to pay. And I do know that some, even some in relatively "high places" have had their eyes opened by reading it. And once one's eyes are open, then it is natural to do the research which confirms the validity of both the document and its intended goals, that of exposing evil and hopefully leading to its removal from among us.

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 7 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #98

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 7 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]133822[/snapback]

Since I had already heard nearly all of the stories included previous to seeing the document, and since it was plain that the stories as told in the document were much more mild than they were in real life, I have never smelled any scent of "vengeance" in the document. As far as being "edifying"--they are stories of misdeeds and evil intent. One could hardly expect to be "edified" by such information. Enlightened? Yes. Imformed? Yes. But "edified", with the connotations that word has of being spiritually uplifting? Of course not.

As I mentioned, I had heard nearly all of the stories previously, thus I'm sure it was not so shocking to me as to someone who previously had no knowledge of the things told there. But even so, I found that it illustrated the truth of the saying: "the sum of the whole is greater than its parts". For previously I had heard them mostly one at a time and in bits and pieces rather than all together. And there was a considerable difference in the amount of impact they had when put all together. There is something about the cumulative effect of the different vignettes, even though much of the story is only hinted at, that shows the historical development of character in ways that any one-time event, no matter how detailed its telling, simply cannot do.

As for rereading. I would not expect that one would want to reread it often. But if reading it carefully causes evil to be exposed and right to eventually triumph, then the discomfort of reading about it will have been small enough price to pay. And I do know that some, even some in relatively "high places" have had their eyes opened by reading it. And once one's eyes are open, then it is natural to do the research which confirms the validity of both the document and its intended goals, that of exposing evil and hopefully leading to its removal from among us.

On these points I can agree completely with Watchbird. In "The Televangelist" only a few examples were cited, there is so much more evil that has ocurred. It is the story of how the actions of one man has given evidence of his repeated turning away from the wooing of the Holy Spirit.

When we read in the New Testement of how God will turn away those who have done much in His name, but not in His strength and power, having no relationship with Him, it is sometimes difficult to understand how that can happen. The Televengelist is an example how a man can "do things for God", while not allowing the Holy Spirit to work through him. His mind and character take a continual downward spirial, exhibited in his actions and character development, while on the surface he appears to champion the cause of God. Can both salt water and sweet water come from the same stream? The Scriptures declare this an impossibility.

+Quote Post
inga
post Jun 7 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #99

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 7 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]133819[/snapback]

I think it being closed has to do with matters of CA politics rather than of confidentiality. Others have brought things from there to here.

Yes, that is my understanding as well. However, permission should be obtained from the original posters before bringing anything from there to here.

Inga

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post Jun 7 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

Just wondering - Suppose Danny and his co-conspirators (Walt Thompson, Mollie Steenson, etc.) are eventually eliminated through public exposure/resignation/arrest, who then would gain control of 3ABN? Are there enough honest board members who could take over the reins - perhaps even reinstate Linda? Are a number of "little" people who work at 3ABN aware of the wrongs that have been perpetrated by Danny, et al., and are they hoping for a change of leadership?

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 8 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #101

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(gracetoyou @ Jun 8 2006, 02:33 AM) [snapback]133870[/snapback]

Just wondering - Suppose Danny and his co-conspirators (Walt Thompson, Mollie Steenson, etc.) are eventually eliminated through public exposure/resignation/arrest, who then would gain control of 3ABN? Are there enough honest board members who could take over the reins - perhaps even reinstate Linda? Are a number of "little" people who work at 3ABN aware of the wrongs that have been perpetrated by Danny, et al., and are they hoping for a change of leadership?

Much wisdom is needed to answer your questions. It can be difficult to remove a person without having the right replacement, and also the power to make the needed adjustments, enspecially because 3ABN is an independent ministry with no other power to make the replacements needed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jun 8 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #102

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Johann @ Jun 8 2006, 06:20 AM) [snapback]133907[/snapback]

Much wisdom is needed to answer your questions. It can be difficult to remove a person without having the right replacement, and also the power to make the needed adjustments, enspecially because 3ABN is an independent ministry with no other power to make the replacements needed.

the assumption is being made that you can remove him.... its his product.... he owns it does he not? If he is removed would it not just cease to exist.... reminds me of when Bakker was removed from PTL... it ceased to exist in any meaningful way for some time....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jun 8 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #103

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 8 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]133932[/snapback]

the assumption is being made that you can remove him.... its his product.... he owns it does he not? If he is removed would it not just cease to exist.... reminds me of when Bakker was removed from PTL... it ceased to exist in any meaningful way for some time....

If his product is not used - bought - and insufficient financial means are provided, then it cannot exist. But according to the announced statues of 3ABN it will be turned over to the Illinois Conference if the present administration no longer is able to run it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post Jun 8 2006, 09:15 AM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 8 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]133932[/snapback]

Then what's the point of having a board of directors? Even though some are in Danny's pocket and supported his actions against Linda and some are apparently oblivious to the evil underbelly of 3ABN, don't they wield some decision-making authority? If Danny were publicly disgraced or resigned in the face of public exposure, wouldn't the board step in and find a replacement?

I wonder how long the board, even his most ardent supporters, would defend him if even some of the accusations posted here are made public. Robert Folkenburg was a powerful GC president until he was sued by non-Adventists for financial improprieties. He was then disposed of quickly. Many Christian organizations, especially those who depend on contributions, will disassociate themselves from bearers of bad publicity. It took public exposure of Bakker's immorality and unethical finances to topple him. If it will have to go that far to remove Danny remains to be seen.

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
meadbd
post Jun 8 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I found that it illustrated the truth of the saying: "the sum of the whole is greater than its parts"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Or..."the whole is greater than the sum of its parts".

--------------------
========================================
"If Christianity has never disturbed us, we have not
yet learned what it is" William Temple
-------------------------------------------------------
My Webpage
PRAISE & GLORY TO THE LORD!
-------------------------------------------------------
"For the Kingdom of Heaven is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness and joy and peace in the Holy Spirit"
Rom.14:17

Bill
========================================

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church