Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9772&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:59:28 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 8 (still more of the televangelist)
watchbird
post Jun 5 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 5 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]133517[/snapback]

Three Angels Lifestyle TV:
A quote from Three Angels Lifetstyle TV:

"We are also working closely with our partners, Three Angels Broadcasting Network and Amazing Facts in the USA...."

Dear U.S.,

Amazing Facts is listed as a "partner" with 3ABN in Three Angels Lifestyle TV.

Therefore, I think there is the possibility that Amazing Facts is too close to the trees to see the forest.

Partners are partners. What more needs to be said? Partners who don't take the trouble to know what other partners are doing are also culpable for the trouble that their partners get into.

Aren't they? uhm.gif yes.gif blink.gif doh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 5 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #62

Guests

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 5 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]133519[/snapback]

Partners are partners. What more needs to be said? Partners who don't take the trouble to know what other partners are doing are also culpable for the trouble that their partners get into.

Aren't they? uhm.gif yes.gif blink.gif doh.gif

It is time we become more rigorous in our usage. Most times people identify their "partners" they are not using the term in its legal sense, but mean someone who is doing something with them.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 5 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Jun 5 2006, 06:49 AM) [snapback]133504[/snapback]

I have been reading here all of the negative things going on at 3ABN. There are a few things I don't understand. I have been to 3ABN and have seen Danny's house, been to John Lomacang's house. They are nice but not what I would call extravagant. I don't know but was all of this being written here before the Linda saga began? Was all of this OK or did "we" not know about all of this before? Linda lived there had all of the same perks, why now is it wrong? Also, if Linda is innocent can she not sue for slander? Even if she is not able to tell her side of the story she should be able to defend herself so all of this will stop. If she is unable to do it the courts should be able to stop it. You all say Danny threatens to take people to court so why not do the same? Also, it is stated Linda went on "vacation" with this Dr. is that true? After her and Danny split did she have a relationship with the Dr?

I don't understand all of this. If Danny is so evil he needs to be stopped! If this is true than take some real action. I do not believe so many people are being fooled. Mark Finley and Doug Batchelor seem to be smart guys, as well as others. Surely they would have seen past the charade, if that is what it is...

I believe the devil is having a good old laugh about all of this. I believe 3ABN can/should be discussed but in a helping way, not just gossip. If you have the truth state it, make it make a difference. But if it is only to hurt the person, or ministry than it is only gossip.....

Are you certain you have read everything? You aksed questions that have been long answered and confirmed by the very individuals that were present. And, I'm sure the devil is laughing too, but not for the reasons you mentioned. Things are getting done. Keep an eye out... yes.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 5 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 5 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]133521[/snapback]

It is time we become more rigorous in our usage. Most times people identify their "partners" they are not using the term in its legal sense, but mean someone who is doing something with them.

That "something" is not being done without there being a legal delineation of the rights and responsibilities of all parties involved in the partnership... they arent just going to trust their 'partner' based on a handshake and a smile.

This, after all, *is* America...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 5 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #65

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You are right, ALL are not being fooled, some are just looking the other way, for the good of the "ministry(?)".

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Jun 5 2006, 07:49 AM) [snapback]133504[/snapback]

I have been reading here all of the negative things going on at 3ABN. There are a few things I don't understand. I have been to 3ABN and have seen Danny's house, been to John Lomacang's house. They are nice but not what I would call extravagant. I don't know but was all of this being written here before the Linda saga began? Was all of this OK or did "we" not know about all of this before? Linda lived there had all of the same perks, why now is it wrong? Also, if Linda is innocent can she not sue for slander? Even if she is not able to tell her side of the story she should be able to defend herself so all of this will stop. If she is unable to do it the courts should be able to stop it. You all say Danny threatens to take people to court so why not do the same? Also, it is stated Linda went on "vacation" with this Dr. is that true? After her and Danny split did she have a relationship with the Dr?

I don't understand all of this. If Danny is so evil he needs to be stopped! If this is true than take some real action. I do not believe so many people are being fooled. Mark Finley and Doug Batchelor seem to be smart guys, as well as others. Surely they would have seen past the charade, if that is what it is...

I believe the devil is having a good old laugh about all of this. I believe 3ABN can/should be discussed but in a helping way, not just gossip. If you have the truth state it, make it make a difference. But if it is only to hurt the person, or ministry than it is only gossip.....

This post has been edited by princessdi: Jun 5 2006, 11:05 AM

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 5 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(statrei @ Jun 5 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]133521[/snapback]

For better or worse, "partners" is the term they are using.

http://www.ereach.se/news/05.09.html

"We are excited to be partners with both 3ABN and Amazing Facts, two other TV-ministries, from where we can draw much help and experience, and even financial assistance to get started."

“I am excited about 3ABN partnering with LifeStyleTV in spreading the Three Angels’ Messages in Scandinavia.” Danny Shelton, President of 3ABN and Board member of LifeStyleTV.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 5 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

Gregory Matthews posted this on CA.

[quote]Here is the information:

Polly’s Place Network
presents

“Empowered
and Rising...”

With Special Guests...
Linda Shelton
Katie Arnette
Sally Smith
Stephanie Nobles-Bean

Saturday, June 24, 2006

at
East Central Community Church,
1917 E. 2nd Avenue,
Spokane, WA 99220-3974
Tel. (509) 533-0751

If any of you are able to attend, feel free to do so.

NOTE: This is a SDA Church. [/quote[

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 5 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 5 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]133544[/snapback]

"We are excited to be partners with both 3ABN and Amazing Facts, two other TV-ministries, from where we can draw much help and experience, and even financial assistance to get started."
“I am excited about 3ABN partnering with LifeStyleTV in spreading the Three Angels’ Messages in Scandinavia.” Danny Shelton, President of 3ABN and Board member of LifeStyleTV.

Claus Nybo is the President of LifeStyle TV and also works for 3ABN as their Director of European Development.

I am sure that Johann or Bear could supply some additional information...

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 5 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 5 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]133544[/snapback]

This whole thing seems to be that evil is joining hands with truth in order to take advantage of what each has to offer THis is why I am losing faith in our best known leaders, and want only to keep my mind on Jesus and the truth. THis has been a long traveled road for me to come to this conclusion. And it breaks my admiration of Adventist Evangelism as we see it today. Christianity involves both truth and leaders who will stand for right instead of popularity. It seems like they will go to any unChristlike length just to be heard throughout the world. Worse than that, it seems to be breaking the long, honest road that our forefathers walked to bring the truth to our day and age. So many sacrifices were made to bring us to where we should be today, and we have failed them all.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 5 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]133529[/snapback]

You are right, ALL are not being fooled, some are just looking the other way, for the good of the "ministry(?)".

Uncle Sam does get around, doesn't he?

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 5 2006, 02:08 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Jun 5 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Regarding "partners" of 3ABN:

First of all, I take all Dan Shelton says with a grain of salt. He appears to make hay ouf of the tiniest green blade of "partnership."

European "partners" are not in a good position to understand the abuses going on in West Frankfort. IL. The local townspeople probably know a whole lot more.

As for Amazing Facts -- I believe it was pointed out in this very thread that Amazing Facts donated the first major equipment to 3ABN in exchange for air time. That is probably the beginning of the "partnership." In the meantime, of course, Doug Batchelor has used 3ABN as well as HopeTV to transmit his program. I have watched a live broadcast where Dan tried to capitalize on his "partnership" with Doug Batchelor, making his jolly self-congratulating remarks which called for an affirmative response from Doug.

Doug remained silent. And I thought, H'mm ...

And lately I've seen Doug in a fund-raising break on HopeTV, asking folks to support HopeTV. If he has ever done the same for 3ABN, I haven't seen it. Perhaps someone else has, and in that case I'd like to know when Doug helped 3ABN appeal for funds. I highly doubt that it was within the last couple of years, if it occurred at all.

As for Adventist evangelism:
There are good, upright folks in leadership and good, upright folks in evangelism. And there are others who are there for the perceived power and the glory. God knows their hearts, and He will sift the wheat from the tares when the time comes.

In the meantime, I believe the following statement is still true:

"Enfeebled and defective as it may appear, the church is the one object upon which God bestows in a special sense His supreme regard. It is the theater of His grace, in which He delights to reveal His power to transform hearts." (Acts of the Apostles, p. 12)

When Christ walked this earth and the chosen "church of God" was corrupt to its very core, He still counseled the people to listen to the scribes and Pharisees:

“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works.” (Matthew 23: 2, 3)

In other words, He recognized their God-appointed position, even though they abused it.

I believe we are on safe ground in following Christ's counsel. We are on rather shaky ground rushing to judgment before God has sorted the tares from the wheat.

He is still in control -- in spite of the "enfeebled and defective" human elements.

May His Kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven!

Inga

This post has been edited by inga: Jun 5 2006, 03:14 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jun 5 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #71

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

As an employee of 3ABN, Claus Nybo started and operates Lifestyle TV in Sweden. The January edition of 3ABN World says:
"Claus Nybo is president
of LifeStyleTV, and
also works for 3ABN
as Director of European
Development."
Claus had been working at 3ABN for some time before he and Danny went over to Europe to do fundraising and start puting LifestyleTV together.

The Norweigian Union magazine, Advent Nytt has a picture of the LifestyleTV staff, including Danny Shelton, that is captioned "Lifestyle TV Team photograph Tor Tjeransen"

In the picture is also the chairman of the LifestyleTV board, Arvid Hogganwik, who has been disfellowshipped over a sex scandal with a student at a school he runs in Norway. A police investigation is now underway.

3ABN and Amazing Facts have always maintained a mutually beneficial relationship. So have Danny and Finley.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 5 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jun 5 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]133583[/snapback]

As an employee of 3ABN, Claus Nybo started and operates Lifestyle TV in Sweden. The January edition of 3ABN World says:
"Claus Nybo is president
of LifeStyleTV, and
also works for 3ABN
as Director of European
Development."
Claus had been working at 3ABN for some time before he and Danny went over to Europe to do fundraising and start puting LifestyleTV together.

The Norweigian Union magazine, Advent Nytt has a picture of the LifestyleTV staff, including Danny Shelton, that is captioned "Lifestyle TV Team photograph Tor Tjeransen"

In the picture is also the chairman of the LifestyleTV board, Arvid Hogganwik, who has been disfellowshipped over a sex scandal with a student at a school he runs in Norway. A police investigation is now underway.

3ABN and Amazing Facts have always maintained a mutually beneficial relationship. So have Danny and Finley.

This whole scenario is heartbreaking to me. When the chairman of the LifestyleTV board has been disfellowshipped over a sex scandal with a student at a school he runs in Norway, just what does that say about the previously quoted exitement of the working together of 3ABN and LifestyleTV? Is he still the board chairman of Lifestyle? Sounds a little familiar to me.

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 5 2006, 09:43 PM

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 6 2006, 06:57 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Jun 5 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]133568[/snapback]

Regarding "partners" of 3ABN:

First of all, I take all Dan Shelton says with a grain of salt. He appears to make hay ouf of the tiniest green blade of "partnership."

European "partners" are not in a good position to understand the abuses going on in West Frankfort. IL. The local townspeople probably know a whole lot more.

As for Amazing Facts -- I believe it was pointed out in this very thread that Amazing Facts donated the first major equipment to 3ABN in exchange for air time. That is probably the beginning of the "partnership." In the meantime, of course, Doug Batchelor has used 3ABN as well as HopeTV to transmit his program. I have watched a live broadcast where Dan tried to capitalize on his "partnership" with Doug Batchelor, making his jolly self-congratulating remarks which called for an affirmative response from Doug.

Doug remained silent. And I thought, H'mm ...

And lately I've seen Doug in a fund-raising break on HopeTV, asking folks to support HopeTV. If he has ever done the same for 3ABN, I haven't seen it. Perhaps someone else has, and in that case I'd like to know when Doug helped 3ABN appeal for funds. I highly doubt that it was within the last couple of years, if it occurred at all.

As for Adventist evangelism:
There are good, upright folks in leadership and good, upright folks in evangelism. And there are others who are there for the perceived power and the glory. God knows their hearts, and He will sift the wheat from the tares when the time comes.

"Enfeebled and defective as it may appear, the church is the one object upon which God bestows in a special sense His supreme regard. It is the theater of His grace, in which He delights to reveal His power to transform hearts." (Acts of the Apostles, p. 12)

When Christ walked this earth and the chosen "church of God" was corrupt to its very core, He still counseled the people to listen to the scribes and Pharisees:

“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works.” (Matthew 23: 2, 3)

In other words, He recognized their God-appointed position, even though they abused it.

I believe we are on safe ground in following Christ's counsel. We are on rather shaky ground rushing to judgment before God has sorted the tares from the wheat.

He is still in control -- in spite of the "enfeebled and defective" human elements.

May His Kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven!

Inga

In other words, "The priests and teachers are ordained to take Moses' place.

So, whatever they tell you to do, do it; but don't do it for the same reasons that they do it. THey will even ask you to do some things they themselves are not interested in doing just to show their authority"

And if you read further, you will see that He was speaking of ceremonial rules and regulations which need not be carried out today, and He also mentioned that they won't make the slightest attempt to help the situations by changing the things that they did for show--They love to have people bow to them and call them Rabbi, but do not be caught up in their honors and titles. THere is only One who is to be honored and that is God. Everyone else is just your brother. " Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." Matt. 23:12

summertime

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 6 2006, 07:14 AM

+Quote Post
summertime
post Jun 6 2006, 07:09 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

[quote name='summertime' post='133632' date='Jun 6 2006, 07:57 AM']

And if Amazing Facts associates know that they donated the first piece of equipment which has been told over and over again as being the first 'miracle' from God, why do they let this story be repeated over and over again just to embellish the story of the 'first miracle' when they know exactly where that equipment came from? summertime

This post has been edited by summertime: Jun 6 2006, 07:21 AM

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post Jun 6 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #75

Guests

QUOTE(inga @ Jun 5 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]133568[/snapback]

I was just wondering what modern equivalent you see in these remarks. Who are you claiming has a "God-appointed position?" How did this appontment take place? How was it validated? Using quotation marks does not counter the fact that you attempted to immortalize the church when the church is a post Resurrection institution. I get suspicious when someone twists the facts in this way. Finally, how do you know that the Christians movement has not made the same hash of the church that the first century Jews made of Abraham's seed?

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church