Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9894&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:57:12 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Time For Action
icedragon
post Jul 20 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 918

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 19 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]140549[/snapback]

I grew up in the underbelly of this church with both parents employed by the church and I've seen a lot of mess go down. I firmly believe that if more members would rise up and hold our leaders accountable (from pastors right on up to the GC president) we wouldn't have half this drama. The church belongs to the members, and by extension all of the ministries that our tithe and offerings support. We have a RIGHT and an OBLIGATION to question, demand answers, agitate for change, and put our money where our mouth is. With information comes responsibility.

This thread is about taking ACTION & ACCOUNTABILITY. Good topic. I do believe we have the power to effect that change. But we will need some organization and tools. Here is how I propose we effect change.

1. The first step is a Mass email campaign. To the Leaders in the in the Denomination, GC, NAD, then other divisions, Union level, conference level, Church level and member level to raise awareness of the our findings and what we want done about it. We should target 2 groups: A- 3ABN's viewer base
B- The major SDA centers of influence, Schools, colleges and universities, and Administrations centers, conference and unions.

2. In order to accomplish this, a document must be prepared with the findings. Information from Danny, Linda, DR. AA , Kay kuzma, Johann, Walter Thompson, and any other involved must be organized in an orderly way for distribution. I suppose it will be lengthy at least 20 pages. This then can be e-mailed. I think we need to hear from John Lomacang, and Mark Finely still as to there role in the situation, but we can proceed without it.

3. We should organize and decide which people will take what conference, what union offices, what colleges and what churches. It should not be hard to do e-mails are abundant and easily accessible. A sign up sheet might do it

4. We should tell them what we want? What do we want done from this?? Just some thoughts
a. From the Denomination - should we ask that all programs by the SDA church be banned from 3ABN until this situation is resolved? Sac Central, Pioneer Memorial, stuff like that.
b. All denominationally paid employees can not appear on 3ABN until this is resolved or risk loosing there jobs.
c. All Denominationally licensed Ministers cannot appear on 3abn until this is resolved or risk loosing their Ministerial License.
d. All funding for 3ABN from the denomination should be stopped until this is resolved.
If this is not met we should encourage people to with hold financial support

5. The denomanation must reaffirm the "biblical" Definition of divorce, Physical Adultery, not emotional, not spiritual, but Physical. You either did or did not do it. Just that simple.

6. The Denomination must reverse it policy on divorce to prevent divorce, NOT permit, and then deny remarriage. That does not work. The Shelton case in just one of many that have done this.

7. The Local pastor should not be granted the right to marry or divorce without consent from a Higher up I propose the Union level. This would take the pressure off the local pastor in divorce so he does not have to take sides and it would free up the conferences to administer without hard feelings, The Further the distance the more objective. Just my opinion.

8. The formation of a workers union might also be something we might propose. There are no safeguards for employees against the tyranny of leadership, with the exception for Moral lapse, Spiritual apostasy, or Theology Deference, violation of policy and incompetence, a person should not just be dismissed from employment, transfered or laid off. Power plays must go. Any "independent ministry" that wants access to the SDA church must comply with this, in order to have access to the SDA church members. It's just that simple. No shafting people. The Sheep are the church, not the administration. The administration exists to help the sheep not the other way around.

This should be a joint effort, between, CA, BSDA, MSDAOL and others Organization that might be other there. That is my proposal. Feel free to add any other suggestions or comments.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Thank you!!!! That is exactly what I mean.....What you have outlined is much more proactive, responsible, and will be much better received by those who will ultimately make the decisions..... This would better and more effectively initiate the independent investigation that Calvin has called for. clapping.gif

QUOTE(icedragon @ Jul 20 2006, 11:31 AM) [snapback]140713[/snapback]

This thread is about taking ACTION & ACCOUNTABILITY. Good topic. I do believe we have the power to effect that change. But we will need some organization and tools. Here is how I propose we effect change.

1. The first step is a Mass email campaign. To the Leaders in the in the Denomination, GC, NAD, then other divisions, Union level, conference level, Church level and member level to raise awareness of the our findings and what we want done about it. We should target 2 groups: A- 3ABN's viewer base
B- The major SDA centers of influence, Schools, colleges and universities, and Administrations centers, conference and unions.

2. In order to accomplish this, a document must be prepared with the findings. Information from Danny, Linda, DR. AA , Kay kuzma, Johann, Walter Thompson, and any other involved must be organized in an orderly way for distribution. I suppose it will be lengthy at least 20 pages. This then can be e-mailed. I think we need to hear from John Lomacang, and Mark Finely still as to there role in the situation, but we can proceed without it.

3. We should organize and decide which people will take what conference, what union offices, what colleges and what churches. It should not be hard to do e-mails are abundant and easily accessible. A sign up sheet might do it

4. We should tell them what we want? What do we want done from this?? Just some thoughts
a. From the Denomination - should we ask that all programs by the SDA church be banned from 3ABN until this situation is resolved? Sac Central, Pioneer Memorial, stuff like that.
b. All denominationally paid employees can not appear on 3ABN until this is resolved or risk loosing there jobs.
c. All Denominationally licensed Ministers cannot appear on 3abn until this is resolved or risk loosing their Ministerial License.
d. All funding for 3ABN from the denomination should be stopped until this is resolved.
If this is not met we should encourage people to with hold financial support

5. The denomanation must reaffirm the "biblical" Definition of divorce, Physical Adultery, not emotional, not spiritual, but Physical. You either did or did not do it. Just that simple.

6. The Denomination must reverse it policy on divorce to prevent divorce, NOT permit, and then deny remarriage. That does not work. The Shelton case in just one of many that have done this.

7. The Local pastor should not be granted the right to marry or divorce without consent from a Higher up I propose the Union level. This would take the pressure off the local pastor in divorce so he does not have to take sides and it would free up the conferences to administer without hard feelings, The Further the distance the more objective. Just my opinion.

8. The formation of a workers union might also be something we might propose. There are no safeguards for employees against the tyranny of leadership, with the exception for Moral lapse, Spiritual apostasy, or Theology Deference, violation of policy and incompetence, a person should not just be dismissed from employment, transfered or laid off. Power plays must go. Any "independent ministry" that wants access to the SDA church must comply with this, in order to have access to the SDA church members. It's just that simple. No shafting people. The Sheep are the church, not the administration. The administration exists to help the sheep not the other way around.
This should be a joint effort, between, CA, BSDA, MSDAOL and others Organization that might be other there. That is my proposal. Feel free to add any other suggestions or comments.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 20 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #78

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]140719[/snapback]

Thank you!!!! That is exactly what I mean.....What you have outlined is much more proactive, responsible, and will be much better received by those who will ultimately make the decisions..... This would better and more effectively initiate the independent investigation that Calvin has called for. clapping.gif

then why didnt you suggest it.... oh I know... you were waiting on inspiration..... roflmao.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jul 20 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]140719[/snapback]

How are IceDragon's suggestions different from what's already been discussed? We've talked about mass mailings, we've talked about flooding the various organizations with copies of the letters... Just curious on how these suggestions are "proactive and responsible" but the other suggestions (by implication) aren't. dunno.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #80

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Nope!! As I stated, those who are DIRECTLY involved and/or know first hand need to be the ones to initiate....it if is truly of God HE WILL TELL THEM.... smile.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 20 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]140723[/snapback]

then why didnt you suggest it.... oh I know... you were waiting on inspiration..... roflmao.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 20 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]140726[/snapback]

Nope!! As I stated, those who are DIRECTLY involved and/or know first hand need to be the ones to initiate....it if is truly of God HE WILL TELL THEM.... smile.gif

oh hursh chile..... you didn't suggest it cause it hadn't hit ya yet.... rofl1.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
icedragon
post Jul 20 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 918

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Jul 20 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]140725[/snapback]

How are IceDragon's suggestions different from what's already been discussed? We've talked about mass mailings, we've talked about flooding the various organizations with copies of the letters... Just curious on how these suggestions are "proactive and responsible" but the other suggestions (by implication) aren't. dunno.gif

Some of what i have proposed is retred. some is new, but what I have not seen is the information fromailize in an orderly fashion. So I did it. The question is do you want to talk or act. Linda needs our help. are we going to give it to her or not. Your call. I for one want to help. I would have done it allready but I don't have the intreviews with Danny, LInda Kay, Johann Walter ect. If I have to do that then I will.

This post has been edited by icedragon: Jul 21 2006, 11:21 AM

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 20 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #83

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

offtopic.gif

What did I miss?

Was it funny what Bro J said?
QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 11:27 AM) [snapback]140711[/snapback]

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

Then again - I guess it would be funny if it wasn't true.... now - if it is true it's not funny at all....

Again....

It's sad.....

Only you in your heart-of-hearts know if it was true or not...

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 11:33 AM
Post #84

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I have had to address issues with those in high places one or twice smile.gif ...God has called still these people (conference or laymen) regardless and we still have to address and confront sin in a way that will be respectful...and is Christian...because when it is all said and done, the investigation may not result in his removal or his influence...and then what? It is how you do what you do....not just doing it. And yes, if GOD places it on your heart, He will not tell you to do it in a way that is contrary to His Word or that is out of an emotional response. And I believe God will not give me a burden to do something and I do not have the morally responsibility to lead....that is scripture. If this is a Gideon moment, did not God tell Gideon what to do? Or Moses? Or Elijah?

It has been said over the 2 years that I have been here at BSDA time and time again how people in the SDA church do not forgive and move on ...what happens if God does not see (in the end of this investigation) that his sin is more important than God's purpose--through Danny? Are people ready to accept whatever outcome God chooses?

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 20 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]140729[/snapback]

oh hursh chile..... you didn't suggest it cause it hadn't hit ya yet.... rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Jul 20 2006, 11:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jul 20 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Actually, Icedragon, within the massive amounts of information, all of that which you addressed has been mentioned. Some know this but generally overlook information until it is stated by someone from which they are willing to receive it, as if nobody else is going to remember that it has already been posted.

QUOTE(icedragon @ Jul 20 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]140737[/snapback]

Some of what i have proposed is retred. some is new, but what I have not seen is the information fromailize in an orderly fashion. So I did it. The question is do you want to talk or act. Linda needs our help. are we going to give it to her or not. Your call. I for one want to help. I would have done it allready but I don't have the intrevies with Danny, LInda Kay, Johann Walter ect. If I have to do that then I will.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 20 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #86

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]140742[/snapback]

I have had to address issues with those in high places one or twice smile.gif ...God has called still these people (conference or laymen) regardless and we still have to address and confront sin in a way that will be respectful...and is Christian...because when it is all said and done, the investigation may not result in his removal or his influence...and then what? It is how you do what you do....not just doing it. And yes, if GOD places it on your heart, He will not tell you to do it in a way that is contrary to His Word or that is out of an emotional response. And I believe God will not give me a burden to do something and I do not have the morally responsibility to lead....that is scripture. If this is a Gideon moment, did not God tell Gideon what to do? Or Moses? Or Elijah?

It has been said over the 2 years that I have been here at BSDA time and time again how people in the SDA church do not forgive and move on ...what happens if God does not see (in the end of this investigation) that his sin is more important than God's purpose--through Danny? Are people ready to accept whatever outcome God chooses?

where is that yawning smiley? dunno.gif boxing.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Jul 20 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #87

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

tongue.gif

QUOTE(Clay @ Jul 20 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]140747[/snapback]

where is that yawning smiley? dunno.gif boxing.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jul 20 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #88

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 20 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]140663[/snapback]

You arent concerned about character assassination when you take it upon yourself to 'warn' new forum members about other members they've not even spoken to yet... are those people too unimportant to get your selective indulgence?

You, based on your actions in this forum, should be the last one pointing fingers about character assassination... you are hardly without sin in that regard... so drop the rock.

May seem offtopic.gif BUT it really is ON TOPIC!

Lemmie rephrase my question so that it is totally understood....

Directed toward Simply.....

Is what Bro J stated about "character assassination" (underlined portion above) toward others true of you? If so - then why all the problem with the questioning and concern about Danny?

If it is not true then you do actually have a point.

Remember - remotely true - you have not a leg to stand on.
Remember - not true - you have a point.

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Jul 20 2006, 12:00 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
alramwill
post Jul 20 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 357

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Jul 20 2006, 11:27 AM) [snapback]140711[/snapback]

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

If this is true, then I take issue with this, regardless of your flippant response to Mr. J's post....

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 20 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]140753[/snapback]

Is what Bro J stated about "character assassination" (underlined portion above) toward others true of you? If so - then why all the problem with the questioning and concern about Danny?

You beat me to it....

--------------------
Very Sir Lord Al the Schweppervescent of Waterless St Mildred, CompTIA A+ Certified Technician & BlackSDA Moderator (Technology Discussion)

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Today, you always know whether you are on the Internet or on your PC's hard drive. Tomorrow, you will not care and may not even know." - Bill Gates
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
"There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God." - Bill Cosby
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

Problems or issues? Dial 1-877-SNIFFLE
Want to know what I really think? Dial 1-888-CFI-CARE

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 20 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #90

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jul 20 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]140753[/snapback]

It's true; she's admitted doing it and she even started a thread fishing for suggestions of what/whom to warn new members about...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:57 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church