Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10304&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:12 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Who Is It?, A 3ABN guessing game
Observer
post Aug 10 2006, 03:29 AM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

Early in the evangelistic ministry of Billy Graham, he faced a crisis. The ministry was in financial trouble. It looked like God's work was going to have to stop. Then Graham received a contribution that would keep it going for a while. But, it was from what Graham considered to be a tainted source. Graham called his staff together. He told them that they were going to take it to the Lord in prayer, leave the ministry in the hands of God, and then return the gift. As he said, if their work was of God, God would keep it financially afloat. If not, they were not going to ever accept tainted money.

The world knows what happened to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

This post has been edited by Observer: Aug 10 2006, 03:57 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 10 2006, 06:22 AM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 9 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]144102[/snapback]

WOW!! it gets more and more interesting..
as far as Tommy working with KIDS TIME... when i found out he was going to be in charge of the music for the kids and play for them on the set and be very involved... i honestly threw up... it makes me sick just thinking about it... the poor parents have NO IDEA!!! what is working with their kids...
it's just not right

Thank you for your added information, PT. I don't want this to get lost in the excitement over the newsflash Sister just brought to us. And adding to this, two comments ......

1) When a friend of mine in Australia, who had been a church elder in his church for many years, and thus had been deeply involved with every aspect of dealing with more than one case of sexual abuse of minors that arose there during his terms of office, heard of Danny and Tommy and Melody traveling as a threesome to promote 3ABN in his country, his indignation reached literally unspeakable heights. But his sputtering as he contemplated these three visiting in the various churches in his country, thus having access to children of both genders, communicated to this opposite quadrant of the globe clearly and distinctly. It's too bad that those on this side of the globe could not have just a fraction of his clarity of perception... especially those in 3ABN's home conference.

2) Specifically, this needs very much to be kept in mind by the Illinois Conference constituency and leadership, especially those having to do with the proposed move of Broadview Academy from its present location, either closing it gradually by a program that would have instruction at two locations, one of which is the 3ABN school, or actually moving it to the 3ABN campus. This latter proposition (and I use the word deliberately) was laid aside about a year ago when one of the Conference Committee members raised questions about the moral fiber of the owner of 3ABN. But the current plan is just that, current, and it does involve linking 3ABN with the new broadview program. For verification of this, please see the newsnote on the Broadview website.

Perhaps this could give at least a partial answer to sister's earlier question as to why Mollie was now on the Illinois Conference Committee. I'm not sure whether the member who raised questions last year is still on it or not. But since that time, Mollie has been added, we know that for sure.

+Quote Post
Spike
post Aug 10 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 1,880

http://churches.net/userpages/ccog.html ( Is this Tommy Sheltons Web page from Virginia?)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 10 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Spike @ Aug 10 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]144187[/snapback]

http://churches.net/userpages/ccog.html ( Is this Tommy Sheltons Web page from Virginia?)

That Web page you mentioned appears to be unchanged from the year 2000.

Here is a current roster of the "Church of God of Cumberland Valley"

http://www.churchofgodcv.org/addresses.aspx

On the roster, the address on the Web site (2458 Gallows Road) in Dun Loring now reads:

Dr. Edward N. Beck
2500 Gallows Rd.
Dunn Loring, VA 22027
Phone: (703) 573-3444
Email: servngsus@hotmail.com

3ABN's "BroTommy" Shelton is on the same Cumberland Valley roster, farther down:

Tommy Shelton
9090 SR 91 N
Marion, KY 42064
Phone: (270) 965-1698
Email: brotommy@freewwweb.com

+Quote Post
Spike
post Aug 10 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 1,880

All these years that Tommy has been on 3abn it was always assumed by the average watcher that he was an SDA and that is the impression that they gave. sad.gif When I mention to people that he is not an SDA they are completely surprised. His music and web site are promoted on 3abn as if it were part of the SDA church. uhm.gif

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 10 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

I just can't imagine how Garwin McNeilus can be so blind, unless he also has an agenda of his own regarding Danny Shelton and 3ABN.

Where does the Everlasting Gospel fit into all of this?

This post has been edited by Daryl Fawcett: Aug 10 2006, 06:10 PM

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 10 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 10 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]144269[/snapback]

I just can't imagine how Garwin McNeilus can be so blind, unless he also has an agenda of his own regarding Danny Shelton and 3ABN.Where does the Everlasting Gospel fit into all of this?

That's the source of the problem, Daryl, the Everlasting Gospel really does not appear to fit into the motives of the two above named "gentlemen". And I think the words I bolded should start you thinking in the correct direction...

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 12 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

We seemed to have gotten sidetracked in our game...but the NEWSFLASH was, and continues to be, very important. As updates are available they will be posted.

Now we return to our regularly scheduled program, the 3ABN game show, Who is it?

3. She literally started in the basement— she and her sisters cleaned out the basement in the Shelton home — and made it to the pinnacle of stardom on 3ABN with her own program. 3ABN sells two books co-authored by her. At one time Linda believed her to be her best friend and at the same time she was spending late nights alone with Danny Shelton, unbeknownst to his wife, in her 3ABN guest apartment. She is wealthy on her own account, so other than a roll in the hay, what Danny could give her is fame. At one time she claimed Linda Shelton as her fourth sister, but now 3ABN has arranged for the three of them, who have spurned Linda Shelton, to have the women’s ministry weekend at the Carolina Conference. The word on the street is that their theme will include clarifying some of the “junk” happening at 3ABN. I have no doubt that they have the 3ABN spin memorized to perfection.

10 points for naming this woman, an additional 5 points for the sisters and as always the more additional facts you contribute the more points are available. Let the game begin!

TVsnack.gif

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 12 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

oooo ooo ooo
i'm going to be impatient and answer right away!!!

Her name is Brenda Walsh - she is the host of Kids Time

her sisters are Linda Johnson and Cinda Sanner - both of which work on Tiny Tots

also the all three did spots on the presents cooking & food for thought

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 12 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 12 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]144711[/snapback]

oooo ooo ooo
i'm going to be impatient and answer right away!!!

Her name is Brenda Walsh - she is the host of Kids Time

her sisters are Linda Johnson and Cinda Sanner - both of which work on Tiny Tots

also the all three did spots on the presents cooking & food for thought

PT, 10 pts for naming Brenda, 5 pts each for her sisters and 5 pts more for programming info. That makes a grand total of 25 pts for this question!

Why don't you tell us what it was like working with them on the set...

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 12 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

well linda is actually a sweet heart
and cinda can be too, but she can get really worked up about some stuff
brenda on the other hand... omg you have to have a special knack to work with her... i know of 3 people who refused to work with her, and 2 more that she refused to have work for her...
if you got along with her it was all good, and i was pretty much a pacifist (sp?) so i got along with her pretty well, as long as you did what she wanted everything was hunky dorey... so for me that wasn't too hard, i was usually 2 steps ahead of her... which i think sometimes actually made her more mad then if i didn't have a friggin' clue...
parts of it were fun, and then parts of it were pure hell... if she wanted something done, she wanted it done right now... no excuses and it didn't matter if you had the time - or the energy...
and she would in a heartbeat stab you in the back to make herself look goo
(and yes i have the battle wounds to prove it sad.gif ) not all fun and games

--------------------

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 12 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 2,016

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 12 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]144713[/snapback]

PT, 10 pts for naming Brenda, 5 pts each for her sisters and 5 pts more for programming info. That makes a grand total of 25 pts for this question!

Why don't you tell us what it was like working with them on the set...

I don't know what it was like working with them on the set. However I will say that in 2004, just prior to the 3ABN campmeeting, Brenda had the entire carpet for the campmeeting, which was brand new, replaced because she didn't like the color Linda had picked out. (The old color was sort of purplish/Blue. The new color was red.) This was no small undertaking, and of course it was funded by the donations. This was about one week before Linda was fired.

This was the time Brenda and Danny were spending "late nights" together.

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 12 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 12 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]144715[/snapback]

and cinda can be too, but she can get really worked up about some stuff
brenda on the other hand... omg you have to have a special knack to work with her... i know of 3 people who refused to work with her, and 2 more that she refused to have work for her...
if you got along with her it was all good, and i was pretty much a pacifist (sp?) so i got along with her pretty well, as long as you did what she wanted everything was hunky dorey... so for me that wasn't too hard, i was usually 2 steps ahead of her... which i think sometimes actually made her more mad then if i didn't have a friggin' clue...
parts of it were fun, and then parts of it were pure hell... if she wanted something done, she wanted it done right now... no excuses and it didn't matter if you had the time - or the energy...
and she would in a heartbeat stab you in the back to make herself look goo
(and yes i have the battle wounds to prove it sad.gif ) not all fun and games

You just earned an additional 20 pts! 50 more points available if you could give examples of how Brenda stabbed people in the back.

P.S. Sorry about the battle wounds PT, but you are not alone, there are many of us who have felt the sting of the lashings we took at 3ABN.

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 12 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 2,016

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 12 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]144715[/snapback]

My wife said to say she thinks Linda is a sweet heart too. So you know that is the truth.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 12 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE(BrotherBill @ Aug 12 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]144718[/snapback]

I don't know what it was like working with them on the set. However I will say that in 2004, just prior to the 3ABN campmeeting, Brenda had the entire carpet for the campmeeting, which was brand new, replaced because she didn't like the color Linda had picked out. (The old color was sort of purplish/Blue. The new color was red.) This was no small undertaking, and of course it was funded by the donations. This was about one week before Linda was fired.

This was the time Brenda and Danny were spending "late nights" together.

ohhhh i remember that (and no offense) but the carpet is HIDEOUS...
as were the first rugs she picked out for the Today set... omg they were a icky color of greenish brown... and i swear on camera it looked like a big pool of vomit... it was so nasty... and it had little flowers on the rugs that looked like chunks...

crazy.gif
sorry that was a little bit descriptive.. and perhaps vulgar... but it was so NASTY!!

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 12 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]144719[/snapback]

You just earned an additional 20 pts! 50 more points available if you could give examples of how Brenda stabbed people in the back.

P.S. Sorry about the battle wounds PT, but you are not alone, there are many of us who have felt the sting of the lashings we took at 3ABN.

let's just say that because of her and the fact that she didn't clearly tell people what was going on... i got my butt handed to me when i was caught off guard about something that was supposed to take place, i was unprepared and *gasp* it involved danny... so in order to cover her butt she placed all the blame on me for not being prepared... when i was never informed about what was taking place.

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church