Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10304&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:13 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Who Is It?, A 3ABN guessing game
sister
post Aug 12 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(BrotherBill @ Aug 12 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]144718[/snapback]

I don't know what it was like working with them on the set. However I will say that in 2004, just prior to the 3ABN campmeeting, Brenda had the entire carpet for the campmeeting, which was brand new, replaced because she didn't like the color Linda had picked out. (The old color was sort of purplish/Blue. The new color was red.) This was no small undertaking, and of course it was funded by the donations. This was about one week before Linda was fired.

This was the time Brenda and Danny were spending "late nights" together.

BrotherBill, welcome to the game! You just earned 20 pts. for this and an additional 5pts for confirming the lovely character of one of the three sisters. I too had an experience with Linda where she tried to soften the blow of an inconsiderate thought expressed by her sister, Brenda. I found her to be a sensitive person.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 12 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 2,016

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 12 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]144724[/snapback]

BrotherBill, welcome to the game! You just earned 20 pts. for this and an additional 5pts for confirming the lovely character of one of the three sisters. I too had an experience with Linda where she tried to soften the blow of an inconsiderate thought expressed by her sister, Brenda. I found her to be a sensitive person.

Thank you Sister. I just realized, if you put us together, we are Brother and Sister!

Since the posts are not coming fast and furious, I will relate another Brenda story. Someone earlier defined "hypocrite". Well in June 2002, Brenda, whose husband is a millionaire, was asked to give a small donation ($20.00) for a struggling ministry (not based in the U.S.) Brenda said they have a "very strict policy to not give to any ministries at all". At the next camp meeting, both she and Cinda were pleading for money from the pulpit for their new kid's program. In my mind, if you don't give, you have no business asking either. At the very least, it was hypocritical.

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 12 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #63

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 12 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]144722[/snapback]

ohhhh i remember that (and no offense) but the carpet is HIDEOUS...
as were the first rugs she picked out for the Today set... omg they were a icky color of greenish brown... and i swear on camera it looked like a big pool of vomit... it was so nasty... and it had little flowers on the rugs that looked like chunks...

crazy.gif
sorry that was a little bit descriptive.. and perhaps vulgar... but it was so NASTY!!
let's just say that because of her and the fact that she didn't clearly tell people what was going on... i got my butt handed to me when i was caught off guard about something that was supposed to take place, i was unprepared and *gasp* it involved danny... so in order to cover her butt she placed all the blame on me for not being prepared... when i was never informed about what was taking place.

PT, you get your 50 pts. This experience says a lot about Brenda's character. She doesn't take responsibility for her own mistakes and she has no problem to throw someone else to the wolves to cover up her own errors. This is definitely not someone you would want for a best friend...

Did you hear about the run-in between Brenda and Dee? Brenda was unhappy about the way that Dee spoke to her and after that time Dee was banned from Brenda's presence, in addition to that Dee was secretly sent to St. Louis for a two day seminar to learn proper etiquette in order to retain her job. For those of you who do not know Dee was Linda Shelton's assistant.

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 12 2006, 10:44 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 12 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 12 2006, 09:50 PM) [snapback]144709[/snapback]

We seemed to have gotten sidetracked in our game...but the NEWSFLASH was, and continues to be, very important. As updates are available they will be posted.

Now we return to our regularly scheduled program, the 3ABN game show, Who is it?

3. She literally started in the basement— she and her sisters cleaned out the basement in the Shelton home — and made it to the pinnacle of stardom on 3ABN with her own program. 3ABN sells two books co-authored by her. At one time Linda believed her to be her best friend and at the same time she was spending late nights alone with Danny Shelton, unbeknownst to his wife, in her 3ABN guest apartment. She is wealthy on her own account, so other than a roll in the hay, what Danny could give her is fame. At one time she claimed Linda Shelton as her fourth sister, but now 3ABN has arranged for the three of them, who have spurned Linda Shelton, to have the women’s ministry weekend at the Carolina Conference. The word on the street is that their theme will include clarifying some of the “junk” happening at 3ABN. I have no doubt that they have the 3ABN spin memorized to perfection.

10 points for naming this woman, an additional 5 points for the sisters and as always the more additional facts you contribute the more points are available. Let the game begin!

TVsnack.gif

Well ....... I never had any work contact with her as did PT, sister, and brotherbill ....... but I did go see her when she came to this area giving an "inspirational" Vespers meeting. Her theme was called "Witnessing out of your comfort zone" ... or something like that. Frankly, I cringed in my back row end seat as she pranced through her "dog and pony show", and the wonderful "miracles" that had happened because she was "brave enough to step out of her comfort zone" and be what I would consider downright intrusive and obnoxious. Sorry ... but I could not for the life of me picture Jesus using any of her techniques, including or maybe especially, bragging about them all over the church rostrum. To say nothing of her adoring comments about that perfectly wonderful Danny Shelton and John Lomacang......

And yes, we got a very entertaining dramatic account of her role in "laying the carpet" .... crawling around taping even as the cameras started rolling ... or something like that .....

And she'll have a whole weekend at a Conference Women's Ministry retreat?!?

Words fail me.

It is three-quarters past pumpkin time....... time to retreat behind the sofa again ..... sofa1.gif........

.............. and deliver us from evil .... amen.gif .............

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 12 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

i remember when we were doing the set for kids time.. she left and told a group to paint flowers on the picket fence... on the praise time set...
well they painted flowers and yeah some of them werent' the greatest, but some of them were awesome... she gets back and has a FIT because it wasn't like she would have done it... stays up all night and repaints over most of them... then gets them in trouble because they didn't rinse out all of the brushes... saying that they were $200* dollar brushes and that they had to come out of their salary...

hello!! why would you leave $200* dollar brushes lying around in the first place??

*(not exactly sure on the price... but i know it was REALLY EXPENSIVE)

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 12 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]144727[/snapback]

Did you hear about the run-in between Brenda and Dee? Brenda was unhappy about the way that Dee spoke to her and after that time Dee was banned from Brenda's presence, in addition to that Dee was secretly sent to St. Louis for a two day seminar to learn proper etiquette in order to retain her job. For those of you who do not know Dee was Linda Shelton's assistant.

yeah i remember that it was said Dee was going to a seminar on "Anger Management" or some crap like that... don't get me wrong... Dee can be a piece of work... but come on, some people just push you past your limit

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 12 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #66

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(BrotherBill @ Aug 12 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]144726[/snapback]

Thank you Sister. I just realized, if you put us together, we are Brother and Sister!

Since the posts are not coming fast and furious, I will relate another Brenda story. Someone earlier defined "hypocrite". Well in June 2002, Brenda, whose husband is a millionaire, was asked to give a small donation ($20.00) for a struggling ministry (not based in the U.S.) Brenda said they have a "very strict policy to not give to any ministries at all". At the next camp meeting, both she and Cinda were pleading for money from the pulpit for their new kid's program. In my mind, if you don't give, you have no business asking either. At the very least, it was hypocritical.

That's another 25 pts. And Bill, I have no problem claiming you as my brother! Interesting, in addition to her husbands money, Brenda had money of her own from the businesses she owned. You would think she could have funded the entire Kids Times and Tiny Tots programs and not even felt a pinch financially. And people still wonder today why it is harder for a richman (woman) to enter the kingdom of Heaven, than for a camel to go through the eye of a needle. Well, Brenda and her husband may have their millions on this earth, but I am happy to have a faithful loving spouse and have all our treasures stored up in Heaven.

+Quote Post
BrotherBill
post Aug 12 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 2,016

[quote name='PaperTigers' date='Aug 12 2006, 11:49 PM' post='144730']

hello!! why would you leave $200* dollar brushes lying around in the first place??

$200 brush to her is like a throwaway to me I guess.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post Aug 12 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

i guess... and it's funny how she always said 'oh me oh my i'm having to pay for all of this stuff out of pocket'... but then would turn in receipts to the finance dept...
mmmmmmm doesn't sound like it's out of pocket to me... but maybe i have a different definition of out of pocket...

This post has been edited by PaperTigers: Aug 12 2006, 10:59 PM

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 12 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 12 2006, 11:49 PM) [snapback]144730[/snapback]

i remember when we were doing the set for kids time.. she left and told a group to paint flowers on the picket fence... on the praise time set...
well they painted flowers and yeah some of them werent' the greatest, but some of them were awesome... she gets back and has a FIT because it wasn't like she would have done it... stays up all night and repaints over most of them... then gets them in trouble because they didn't rinse out all of the brushes... saying that they were $200* dollar brushes and that they had to come out of their salary...

*(not exactly sure on the price... but i know it was REALLY EXPENSIVE)
yeah i remember that it was said Dee was going to a seminar on "Anger Management" or some crap like that... don't get me wrong... Dee can be a piece of work... but come on, some people just push you past your limit

PT that's another 20 pts. Strange, this woman is married to a millionaire, independently wealthy, has the money to invest in extremely expensive artist paint brushes and then when she isn't pleased with the way her brushes are handled, she demands the price for new brushes should come out of the paychecks of people who earn less than twenty thousand dollars a year (some as little as fourteen thousand) before taxes. That certainly says a lot about her character...

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ Aug 12 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]144741[/snapback]

i guess... and it's funny how she always said 'oh me oh my i'm having to pay for all of this stuff out of pocket'... but then would turn in receipts to the finance dept...
mmmmmmm doesn't sound like it's out of pocket to me... but maybe i have a different definition of out of pocket...

Another 15 pts. It sounds like image is very important to Brenda, but money is equally important. Them that gots, will get, them that's not, shall loose...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 13 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #70

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(BrotherBill @ Aug 12 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]144718[/snapback]

I don't know what it was like working with them on the set. However I will say that in 2004, just prior to the 3ABN campmeeting, Brenda had the entire carpet for the campmeeting, which was brand new, replaced because she didn't like the color Linda had picked out. (The old color was sort of purplish/Blue. The new color was red.) This was no small undertaking, and of course it was funded by the donations. This was about one week before Linda was fired.

This was the time Brenda and Danny were spending "late nights" together.

The cost of that carpet was over seventy thousand dollars.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 13 2006, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 13 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #71

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Aug 13 2006, 01:16 AM) [snapback]144758[/snapback]

The cost of that carpet was over seventy thousand dollars.

Hey Bear, welcome to the game! 20 pts.

So perfectly functionally carpeting was changed, at the insistence of Miss Brenda, for a cost of over seventy thousand dollars to 3ABN donors...she sure is spendy with other peoples hard earned cash. I wonder how much other money she has wasted over other unnecessary changes?

This post has been edited by sister: Aug 13 2006, 12:26 AM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 13 2006, 01:28 AM
Post #72

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

Yes, Sister and Tiger, I certainly remember the time Dee was sent ettiquete classes over Brenda being offended. My (at that time) wife and I laughed ourselves to tears when Danny told us. (Brings back a few memories of things that I really miss)

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 13 2006, 01:32 AM

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Aug 13 2006, 07:19 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

The only interaction I have had with Brenda is that my daughter had wanted to be on Kids Time. Brenda was less than nice to us on the phone. I understand that they don't want just any child on but she was rude when she was telling me what they "expect" of the children. My daughter could have done it but after talking to Brenda I didn't want anything to do with it. Also, if you read Brenda's book, you can see what kind of person she is.

I didn't see it but my mother did, when Brenda was on talking about her book where they interviewed the Katrina victims. She was talking about how she was running around talking to people in her "designer" jeans and high heels.

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 13 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #74

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Aug 13 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback]144775[/snapback]

The only interaction I have had with Brenda is that my daughter had wanted to be on Kids Time. Brenda was less than nice to us on the phone. I understand that they don't want just any child on but she was rude when she was telling me what they "expect" of the children. My daughter could have done it but after talking to Brenda I didn't want anything to do with it. Also, if you read Brenda's book, you can see what kind of person she is.

I didn't see it but my mother did, when Brenda was on talking about her book where they interviewed the Katrina victims. She was talking about how she was running around talking to people in her "designer" jeans and high heels.

Uncle Sam, 20 pts for each episode, that is a total of 40 pts!

I am sorry for what you and your daughter experienced, there is no excuse for rudeness and unkindness. I believe you made the best choice for your daughter in protecting her from further contact with someone whose attitude was so unchristian.

I haven't read either of Brenda's books, which one were you referring to and could you explain how what you read about her character in her book was confirmed in her offensive attitude on the telephone toward you and your daughter. An additional 50 pts for this answer.

The program your mother saw is very typical Brenda. She has more money then sense and is often more concerned with her appearance than the suffering of those around her. Does anyone remember an oldie from Hall and Oates, "Your a rich girl"? The only difference is the money does not come from a rich Daddy, but a millionaire husband...eventually it all come down to character.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Aug 13 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 13 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]144790[/snapback]

Uncle Sam, 20 pts for each episode, that is a total of 40 pts!

I am sorry for what you and your daughter experienced, there is no excuse for rudeness and unkindness. I believe you made the best choice for your daughter in protecting her from further contact with someone whose attitude was so unchristian.

I haven't read either of Brenda's books, which one were you referring to and could you explain how what you read about her character in her book was confirmed in her offensive attitude on the telephone toward you and your daughter. An additional 50 pts for this answer.

The program your mother saw is very typical Brenda. She has more money then sense and is often more concerned with her appearance than the suffering of those around her. Does anyone remember an oldie from Hall and Oates, "Your a rich girl"? The only difference is the money does not come from a rich Daddy, but a millionaire husband...eventually it all come down to character.

I read the book about her life. She really made A LOT of stupid choices because she was worried about what others would think. She didn't seem to learn from any of her mistakes. I would have been embarassed to write what she wrote about herself. She seemed very self centered. The thing that really bothered me was when spoke of Linda she didn't mention her by name she called her the "Vice President".......

I let others read it and they couldn't believe how one person could be so stupid......

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church