Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10490&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:54:58 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Dreams & Visions Concerning 3abn, A short letter from Barbara Kerr
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 17 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #61

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

For the record...my questioning has nothin' to do with Abraham or anyone else. What my questioning has to deal with is the fact that it seems that people don't believe that CHRISTians have the GIFT OF DREAMS that can be interpreted....

That's what my comments within this thread have been speaking to. The woman that had the dream could have this GIFT and she is being torn apart when it should be just left alone.

If the dream comes true then.... it could be fact that the "GIFT OF DREAMS" was active within.

If the dream does not come true then....it could be fact that the "GIFT OF DREAMS" was not active within.

That's all.

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 17 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #62

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 17 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]145823[/snapback]

For the record...my questioning has nothin' to do with Abraham or anyone else. What my questioning has to deal with is the fact that it seems that people don't believe that CHRISTians have the GIFT OF DREAMS that can be interpreted....

That's what my comments within this thread have been speaking to. The woman that had the dream could have this GIFT and she is being torn apart when it should be just left alone.

If the dream comes true then.... it could be fact that the "GIFT OF DREAMS" was active within.

If the dream does not come true then....it could be fact that the "GIFT OF DREAMS" was not active within.

That's all.

snack.gif

understood, not trying to suggest that it is not a gift..... but then again it is apparent that not all share that opinion...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 17 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #63

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 17 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]145823[/snapback]

The woman that had the dream could have this GIFT and she is being torn apart when it should be just left alone.

huh.gif Re, I think you seriously misunderstood! sad.gif

I have not noticed anyone tearing the woman apart!

I have taken the messages/dreams apart to examine whether or not they follow the pattern of God's communication or possibly that of another source. This is no reflection whatsoever on the woman in question any more than my being the subject of Satan's attacks is a reflection on me. (After all, Satan attacked Christ Himself. It did not make Him less our Savior or even in the slghtest sinful.)

We are to test the spirits and not to accept any apparently supernatural experiences as though they are obviously from God. Demons can work miracles as well. (Otoh, we view something as supernatural when there are perfectly natural explanations, if we but knew them.)

I'm also wondering what you mean by "it should be just left alone."

Do you mean that we should not discuss it at all?

Or do you mean that we should just accept the dreams as being God-given?

I know about psychic powers. (I mentioned a friend with such powers.) I know about the occasional dreams the presage something in the future. But I know nothing of "the gift of dreams." I'm interested in the background of this terminology because it is foreign to me and I know of no biblical basis for it. (The Bible records very few such dreams in the four thousand or so years it covers --dreams given by God to individuals for a specific purpose, but no "gift of dreams.") But perhaps this is not the right thread for it ...

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 17 2006, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Aug 17 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

I think we are missing the bigger picture here. Whether or not these dreams, voices, impressions were from God (as there are numerous accounts) or from man's own ambition (in which there are many more accounts), the point is we are still working on the same Linda vs. Danny struggle.

I will say that I have worked with both of them for many years and I can honestly say that one is as bad as the other - for their management skills leave much to be desired. I have witnessed underhanded dealings and poor behavior from both Linda and Dan.

I DO believe 3ABN was brought forth by God.
I DO believe it is bringing people to Christ.

I DO NOT believe it is being managed in a christian manner.
I DO NOT believe that Linda's return would solve many problems.

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Aug 30 2006, 04:05 PM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 17 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #65

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

I don’t see anybody tearing this women apart either. None of us know anything about this woman. I am not going to take your word for it that you had a prophetic dream from the Lord.

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Aug 17 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 2,087

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 17 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]145695[/snapback]

First of all, I want to thank Barbara for sharing these dreams of the woman who phoned her. They are, indeed, relevant.

However, as you folks have no doubt noted, I don't think they're "relevant" because they are necessarily from God. I think they give us a glimpse that we are dealing not with earthly powers, but with spiritual "principalities and powers."

The problem is not so much believing in dreams and visions, but believing unconditionally that dreams are from God -- especially if they seem to predict what we want to see happen.

God gave us brains and discernment for a reason. The problem with charismatic phenomena is that they bypass our reasoning powers. And the experiences are enticing ... as was that original tree in a garden ...
Are you serious, Clay?? blink.gif Are you saying that if things happen more or less as the dreams predicted, that that proves that the dreams were from God? blink.gif

I analyzed the dreams to indicate why I do not believe that they're the kind of dreams that God uses. Perhaps I'm wrong in my analysis. If so, please show me my error. (The dreams coming true proves nothing one way or another. Neither does the dreams not coming true. After all, we could argue that they were "conditional prophecies" from God.)

On the other hand, perhaps a network without "stars" -- like HopeTV -- may be better for all concerned. The trouble is that people want stars! They want human heroes. That was part of the success formula of 3ABN...

After reading through 4 pages of posts (so far) tonight, I just want to cry. My heart is heavy at the responses to what I have posted.

Please let me clarify a few things that may, or may not help some of you.

1) In our English language many words have the same meaning. For instance "Linda left Danny" does in fact have more than one meaning. Linda DID in fact, physically leave the house that week in May. (If you will refer to Dr. Abrahamsen's letter, it will give you more detail on the mental abuse Linda was living with).

Was Linda the one asking for a divorce? NO! Did she stay in that house WAYYYYYYYY longer than I would have? YES she did. There are many different ways to give someone the boot.

2) I once needed a massage so I booked the service at the recommendation of a chiropractors office. After meeting the woman (who was very nice and genuinely sweet) it was obvious that she was very "new age" by the way she acted and the suggestions she made for "guided imagry", etcetera, etcetera. NOW, if this woman had said to me out of the blue, I had a dream about you and told me the exact same dreams that I had recounted here, you would have never heard about them.

I listened (to the woman that really did have the dreams) with a healthy dose of skepticism. I observed her language, her church committment and her love for serving the Lord. We have talked many times now, over the phone, off and on the last two years.

If she was anything BUT what I personally have discerned her to be, you never would have heard of these things. I was putting her through the "test the spirits" verse from the Bible myself. I realize that you have not gotten to speak to her personally, I know that many false "spirits" will present themselves in the end, and I know that no one should take anyone elses word for anything these days. But I will say that I am very choosey about my friends, and this woman has become a friend over the past year. We have prayed too many times and shed too many tears together and she has become a dear sweet friend. You can judge me if you want to, concerning picking my friends, but I have seen her heart. And "yes" I've always been willing to go out on a limb for someone that I thought was right. Call me crazy, or call me red-headded -- can't help myself once I'm convicted about someone.

3)People keep making comments about the part where it says "She will be bigger and better than she could ever imagine" and trying to imply that God would not ever work in that fashion. Scripture says that "a small branch of my planting will become a mighty one" and "those that have mercy on them, shall lead them". The Lord WILL accomplish His work through the humble. They must be men and women of prayer, thanksgiving and praise. They must be truthful and full of mercy for others.

God knows that Linda has no desire to be made into an idol and worshipped. If we are worshipping our leaders, then "shame on us". Don't think for a minute that God WON'T have leaders. Not everyone can follow and not everyone can lead, BUT EVERYONE CAN BE USED!

4) To say that the "spirit of this woman is not from God" because the words spoken to her referred to the Phoenix (a pagan symbol) is a very limiting statement. Aren't we studying Daniel right now in our Sabbath School lessons? The VERY dream that was given to the king and then revealed to Daniel for interpretation was of a "pagan idol". Was that dream "not from God" because the symbol used wasn't a dove, or a cross, or even a church, maybe? Maybe God used something that was familiar in their time and place in history. Just a thought. What about the beasts of revelation? Dragon-like beasts with multiple heads "sounds" pentecostal by some of the standards being written out this evening.

5) What was revealed in these dreams is sad, but I know that I serve a big God, with big plans and He has a hope and a future for all of us. I hope and pray that Danny will truly humble his heart and ask forgivness from those that he has murdered publicly. With that said, I also think that their are consequences for his actions, and it's my own personal opinion that he should be replaced by a Godly leader.

I said it last night, and I will say it again -- I think that Wintley Phipps is on that board for a reason and he truly is a man of God. His life shouts it from the highest mountain top. He is a man of much prayer, he has a humble spirit and he would never let people worship him. I've never seen him bask in any glory -- Pastor Phipps always gives the glory to God!

I'm getting tired and I need to go to bed now. I know that I haven't answered everyone's questions, but there is always tomorrow. Please be gentle with me, I may be red-headed, but I'm also extremely tender-hearted. Please pray for me that God will give me wisdom to answer each one with grace, for I would never want to hurt any precious soul.

Your Sister,
Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 17 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #67

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(inga @ Aug 17 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]145857[/snapback]

huh.gif Re, I think you seriously misunderstood! sad.gif

I have not noticed anyone tearing the woman apart!

I have taken the messages/dreams apart to examine whether or not they follow the pattern of God's communication or possibly that of another source. This is no reflection whatsoever on the woman in question any more than my being the subject of Satan's attacks is a reflection on me. (After all, Satan attacked Christ Himself. It did not make Him less our Savior or even in the slghtest sinful.)

We are to test the spirits and not to accept any apparently supernatural experiences as though they are obviously from God. Demons can work miracles as well. (Otoh, we view something as supernatural when there are perfectly natural explanations, if we but knew them.)

I'm also wondering what you mean by "it should be just left alone."

Do you mean that we should not discuss it at all?

Or do you mean that we should just accept the dreams as being God-given?
I know about psychic powers. (I mentioned a friend with such powers.) I know about the occasional dreams the presage something in the future. But I know nothing of "the gift of dreams." I'm interested in the background of this terminology because it is foreign to me and I know of no biblical basis for it. (The Bible records very few such dreams in the four thousand or so years it covers --dreams given by God to individuals for a specific purpose, but no "gift of dreams.") But perhaps this is not the right thread for it ...

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 17 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]145860[/snapback]

I don’t see anybody tearing this women apart either. None of us know anything about this woman. I am not going to take your word for it that you had a prophetic dream from the Lord.

I didn't mean that it should be "discussed at all"...but to use the name "Pentecostialism" - (which many SDA's already view as the debil's children....), "familiar spirits", no one answering the statement about when the Pastor says, "I dreamed..." or "I was shown that I should preach...." and the straight out "unbelief" - before even the "maybe's" or "it's possibles" - is what to me seems like she is being "torn up" without anyone trying to see if it was true or not....

Yes...we are to "test"...but this woman is not claiming to be EG White. She had a dream about the Danny/Linda saga. When I saw....let it go.... what I mean is it does not have to be "broken down" now....why? In due time if it is truly of GOD it will prove itself.

BTW: the Phoneix is of Egyptian mythology - Not celtic...
PHOENIX per Wikipedia
PHOENIX Information

Even GOD used images in the dreams of his men.... dunno.gif

I jes fear that so many are lookin' at the fact that she had a "dream" and not the content of it to the extent that she is being shut dow.

If my wording seemed in err to any of you I do apologize (I do that too ya know!) giggle.gif ..but I feel like other things have been posted about Danny and the Funky Bunch and no one has jumped it like this woman - who seems to be speaking something with some truth to it....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 17 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #68

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Aug 17 2006, 10:56 PM) [snapback]145869[/snapback]

After reading through 4 pages of posts (so far) tonight, I just want to cry. My heart is heavy at the responses to what I have posted.

Dear, dear Barbara -- please forgive me for not communicating more clearly and sensitively!

What some of us wrote about the content of your friends dreams is absolutely no reflection on her character or Christian commitment. I'm sure she's a very committed Christian woman. I trust your judgment on that. (See more below.)

However, even after your explanation, I find the content of the dreams to be out of character with God's ways of dealing as I understand them. (Please understand that I also realize I may not have the correct understanding either.) As committed and dedicated Christians we are not guaranteed that Satan will leave us strictly alone and will not try to deceive us. As a matter of fact, he probably tries to deceive the sweet, trusting folks, because he figures it will more likely suceed. Thus being the object of Satan's attempt to deceive does not call anyone's character into question.

God designed that we shall be together in church relationship for the very purpose of very different personalities and temperaments associating with each other, so that the strengths of some may make up for the weaknesses of the others.

Being trusting is both a strength and a weakness. Being a bit skeptical is both a strength and a weakness. When we put the two together and examine things together, we are more likely able to see through the deceptions of Satan.

(snipped explanations of terms in the dream)
If she was anything BUT what I personally have discerned her to be, you never would have heard of these things. I was putting her through the "test the spirits" verse from the Bible myself. I realize that you have not gotten to speak to her personally, I know that many false "spirits" will present themselves in the end, and I know that no one should take anyone elses word for anything these days. But I will say that I am very choosey about my friends, and this woman has become a friend over the past year. We have prayed too many times and shed too many tears together and she has become a dear sweet friend. You can judge me if you want to, concerning picking my friends, but I have seen her heart. And "yes" I've always been willing to go out on a limb for someone that I thought was right. Call me crazy, or call me red-headded -- can't help myself once I'm convicted about someone.

You have tested your friend's spirit and found her to be honest, reliable, and a committed Christian, and I believe you. I do not in any way question her integrity.

I do however, question whether or not the dreams are from God, and I shared my analysis based on my life experience as a mature Christian. (Again, even mature Christians can be wrong. )

If she were not reliable, there would have been no sense in sharing her dreams because she could have made them up, right?

As it is, I'm glad you shared. It gives me a sense of the warfare going on in the spiritual realm. Stand is busy trying to deceive the "very elect."

4) To say that the "spirit of this woman is not from God"

I don't recall anyone saying such a thing. Certainly I didn't discuss "the spirit of this woman." I discussed the contents of the dreams she shared. That's not her spirit at all, but a spirit externtal to her -- whether it be God or Satan -- unless these are ordinary dreams arising from the subconscious, like most of our dreams.

Let's just leave the specific content of the dreams for a moment and assume that the dreams were from God.

For what purpose was this woman given these frightening dreams? What can she do about them? (The answer to this may affect the way I understand the issue.)

Why did God use unfamiliar language (Phoenix) when communicating with her? Does He not know what she can understand. Why did He use a symbol of a counterfeit religion when there was no context for it to make it meaninful/necessary?

Why would God point her to 3ABN as a tool to save "billions," when in previous messages He has told us that the last message of mercy to be given to the world will be a manifestation of the character of Christ in His people? (This can be demonstrated only in person, and through 3ABN the very opposite has been demonstrated on the screen.) Why did He point her to 3ABN, when in previous messages He told us that the last message would be shared in person by every individual sharing God's message with those He knows? (By the way, there is a great stirring among God's people, with many going to foreign lands to preach, thereby gaining courage to share their faith at home. Take a look at www.sharehim.org as one example.)

Frankly, I see a problem, because the messages would appear to perpetuate the problem of Laodicea -- a church that is asleep/i.e. inactive, with members expecting the pastors/evangelists or "the church" to do the job they ought to be doing. God gave each of us a personal job to do. Heis looking for individuals who will get involved in the sharing of God's last message. Of course, I could be wrong, but it is apparent that a number of other folks had the same uncomfortable feeling when they read the dreams. Not everyone can explain why they didn't sound right, and that's partly why I analyzed them. (I have an analytical mind (which is both a strength and a weakness).

By the way, Barbara, by what you shared, you are one who is involved, and I praise God for you. It almost seems as though your ministry was expanded because you no longer appear on 3ABN. You are doing more and different things. Mind you, I don't discount mass media like TV, and I think that it's a good thing -- in addition to face-to-face ministry, not instead of it. And 3ABN has provided us with an object lesson of what can happen when we neglect genuine face-to-face ministry and depend on mass media. In front of the camera people are essentially actors. Then, away from the camera, thy slip back into a very different persona. This is not how a Christian should function, in my opinion. The public presentation is, ideally, an extension of the real-life ministry. And if you get back on TV, that's just the way it will be for you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Aug 18 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Aug 17 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]145869[/snapback]

Please be gentle with me, I may be red-headed, but I'm also extremely tender-hearted. Please pray for me that God will give me wisdom to answer each one with grace, for I would never want to hurt any precious soul.

Dear Barbara,

Rest assured that we are sensitive of your tender heart, and would not want to hurt you in any way. hug.gif

When it comes to what you or I write -- now that is a different thing -- and some lively discussions can result. Your post brought up a subject that had not been fully discussed so there was quite a bit of discussion. tabletalk.gif That is the only way we have of knowing each other's thoughts on the subject. In the end, each of us has to come to a conclusion that we are comfortable with.

Please don't attach yourself so closely to what you write that when we ask hard questions, that you feel that you or your friends are personally being attacked. That is not the case.

I hope you had a good night's sleep and feel God's blessing upon you as you enter a new day.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 18 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #70

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Aug 17 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]145859[/snapback]

I think we are missing the bigger picture here. Whether or not these dreams, voices, impressions were from God (as there are numerous accounts) or from man's own ambition (in which there are many more accounts), the point is we are still working on the same Linda vs. Danny struggle.

I will say that I have worked with both of them for many years and I can honestly say that one is as bad as the other - for their management skills leave much to be desired. I have witnessed underhanded dealings and poor behavior from both Linda and Dan. As for Barbara, I worked with her on numerous occasions and will take her version of the story with a grain of salt.

I DO believe 3ABN was brought forth by God.
I DO believe it is bringing people to Christ.

I DO NOT believe it is being managed in a christian manner.
I DO NOT believe that Linda's return would solve many problems.

what is it that you are taking with a grain of salt?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Don
post Aug 18 2006, 04:43 AM
Post #71

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,110

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 16 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]145524[/snapback]

I'm sorry, Barb. I don't like to be the one to "rain on your parade". But I think we are venturing on to the same Pentecostal "enchanted ground" which is held at 3ABN, and to which I object on doctrinal grounds, when we start putting emphasis on dreams and visions.

It is one thing to "consider the vision". It is quite another thing to "interpret it." To report the vision is necessary for the community of faith. Now, unless a divine message explains these things, it is still time to wait and see. Those of us who believe in visions should not be upset if a skeptic should suggest we take a second look. God works through skeptics, as well.

Remember, God is in charge. He certainly wants his people to deal with injustice wherever it occurs, but sometimes it seems an impossible task. Insurmountable barriers are God's business. It is our task to do the best we can for Him.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 18 2006, 05:45 AM
Post #72

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Don @ Aug 18 2006, 04:43 AM) [snapback]145903[/snapback]

It is one thing to "consider the vision". It is quite another thing to "interpret it." To report the vision is necessary for the community of faith. Now, unless a divine message explains these things, it is still time to wait and see. Those of us who believe in visions should not be upset if a skeptic should suggest we take a second look. God works through skeptics, as well.

Remember, God is in charge. He certainly wants his people to deal with injustice wherever it occurs, but sometimes it seems an impossible task. Insurmountable barriers are God's business. It is our task to do the best we can for Him.

good points Don... welcome to the forum....

--------------------

+Quote Post
saharafan
post Aug 18 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 2,114

Dear Barbara,

When I read your report of the dreams and auditions, I did have some concerns and felt somehow uneasy, for similar reason as already explained by Inga and watchbird.
We do not deny that God CAN and also DOES give dreams and visions, even today. To the contrary, I personally can attest to that; I am working with Muslims and live in a Muslim country (which is the reason why I prefer to remain anonymous), and I know that the Holy Spirit is very active in the Muslim world, there are several stories of an angel or Christ Himself appearing to spiritualy sensitive and searching Muslims in dreams or visions, giving them a personal message and/or pointing them to Him, to the Bible or to where they can find the truth, or confirming a newfound faith in Christ or a new understanding of truth etc.
We do not say anything against the "spirit" of your friend or against her faith, devotion and personal relationship with Christ, not at all.
However, I do question the spirit that gave the dreams, if at all they are the result of supernatural influence (which indeed seems probable from what you have reported us).
It should, however, be noted that the information that you gave us in your report of the dreams is not really enough to come to a sound conclusion. I would leave it open, and would need a more detailed report of the whole dream and not just one or two phrases that were told to her, to really make up my mind.

If the dream should "come true", that wouldn't automatically be a proof to me that it is from God: Deuteronomy 13:1-3.

I really do wonder what would have been the sense or intention/purpose of this dream, if it came from God?

My concerns in addition to what has already been noted by others are:

1) The dream claimes to come directly from God/Christ himself, who is talking audibly in the first person to her, not through an angel or so. (Did she see who was talking or only hear the voice?) The language of the message is very strong and definitive. This would lead us to assume the contents and message of the dream must be very important. It is not just a mere glimps of how one's daughter might be looking in a few years or so, kind of a spontaneous "gift" from God to comfort us or make us happy and strengthen our faith or relationship with him, as some have described their own experiences with dreams here.

2) The dreams as reported by you didn't seem to contain an order or an exhortation or a message to "do this and that", it was simply a "revelation" of things that are supposed to happen in the future. So, if we assume it comes from God, what action are we to take because of this dream? What conclusion with practical consequences are we to draw? In what way and to what extend should we allow it to influence our actions in dealing with the moral crisis at 3ABN? What are we supposed to learn from it? In what way can it be of help for us, rather than create confusion and divisions among us?

3) If the dream was given to comfort and give peace of mind to people like your friend, you, Linda and her friends and others who suffered from Danny, why was it so "horrible" that it caused your friend to cry, not for joy but as I understand because of shock about the things revealed in this dream? Honestly, when I personally read your report it didn't comfort but rather trouble me, but I admid that this was only my personal impression based on what you have written.

4) “3ABN will be the instrument I will use to bring billions to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, but when the redeemed get to heaven and search for their 3ABN family, they will discover that they are only ashes under their feet.” :
Although I sincerely doubt that literally "billions" (this would imply at least one third of the present world population!) will accept Jesus as their Savior as a consequence of watching 3ABN, this is my smallest problem with this prediction. It says that those billions that will be won in the future through 3ABN will not be able to find in heaven the future (!) "3ABN family" that was responsible for winnig them for Christ in the first place. This implies that those that will work at 3ABN in the future, winning those billions, will be lost. (If Linda should be restored to future leadership at 3ABN this would also include her!)
My biggest question is: Why would God tell us that the "3ABN family" won't be saved, implying that they will not repent in the future? Do we have biblical examples for such a prediction under similar circumstances? What is the purpose of us knowing this today?
And, what are we now to do? Are we now supposed to support 3ABN heavily financially and with all our efforts in order that "billions get to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior"? Or, are we supposed to stop supporting them because the "3ABN family" is obviously corrupt and what they do is "horrible", and they will be lost?

5) “I will raise Linda up like the Phoenix from the ashes. She will be bigger and better than she could ever imagine. She will be surprised. It will be quick and soon. This will be with or without Danny’s help. Danny cannot stop her.”:
"This will be with or without Danny’s help." So God knows all the other things predicted in those dreams, but he does not know what role Danny will play, wether Danny will "help" Linda in the future to get "bigger and better", or not? That at least sounds strange to me...

I don't want to hurt you with what I wrote, I just wanted to express my concerns over these dreams, as far as you have related them to us. Please forgive if my language perhaps sounds polemically sometimes, this is not with intention. Again, this partial analysis is based on the very limited information that was availlable to me from your first report, which certainly wasn't intended to withstand thorough investigation.

Clay,
Yes, I do believe that sometimes and under certain circumstances Satan can also give us dreams, talk to us or at least influence our thoughts, also during sleep, and this in a way that we can be tempted to belive the message or "voice" or miracle comes from God. This can even happen to godly people. There are several possiblities and reasons for it. That is why we need to carefully test the spirits, even of our own personal supernatural experiences of this kind.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Aug 18 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 18 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]145917[/snapback]

good points Don... welcome to the forum....

Barbara, first I want to say that I always looked forward to seeing you and Linda and your cooking classes. I believe that you have worked for the Lord in everything you have done. Maybe your life was spared when you were so ill so that you could tell this story. God does allow us to dream. He made us that way. -- if a person's mind is entrusted to God, then any dreams that that he may have are because of his belief in God. Do you think that the devil could enter the mind of a Christian who has hung on to God and cause him to believe a Satanic message? If my mind is stayed on God there will be no room for Satan to attack in an evil way. Get thee behind me, Satan and he goes.

Barbara has come forward as herself even though she knows that the 3ABN 'group' will try to discredit her in anyway they can. Some of you have thought it unwise to do so. Are you people trying to do the same thing? Are you playing into the hands of Danny and his henchmen? Have you ever considered the fact that nobody is trying to set Linda up as the head of 3ABN.? But, as Barbara has said, I believe that Linda will do great things in God's time and in God's way. She has not suggested that Linda manage 3ABN again--unless it is a God given appointment.

Have you lost sight of the reason that so many of you are afraid to come forward and say who and what Danny has done to you in particular? Barbara has been discredited because she has the fortitude to suggest that God's ways sometimes are not easy to understand. I don't understand every thing about all this either, but I do believe that these things have happened for a reason and that God would not allow Satan to come into the picture in a way that will do Barbara harm after all she has been through with Danny. She admits that he had her fooled for a while also-- She paid attention and saw the light and has come to give us first hand information which we have all wanted`and now we are trying to discredit what she is saying as being from the Devil? God has used people in miraculous ways--Apparently through 3ABN many people have heard the story of the 3 angels message.

When we get to heaven I understand that sins will be written in the sky to help us to understand why our loved ones are lost. But lets not think that many tears will not be shed during the 1000 years before we all finally get to the earth made new where all tears will be wiped away.

Thank you, Barbara, for trying to give first hand information that we have all asked for, and now do not even recognize it for what it is.

+Quote Post
inga
post Aug 18 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ Aug 18 2006, 08:44 AM) [snapback]145956[/snapback]

Barbara has been discredited because she has the fortitude to suggest that God's ways sometimes are not easy to understand.

Dear Summertime,

I always appreciate your contributions to this forum, but I believe that, in this case, what you write above demonstrates that you're not understanding what some of us have been posting. We are not discrediting Barbara!

No one has discredited Barbara, as far as I can tell. We all applaud her courage for coming forward. I even appreciate her sharing the dreams of the woman who is now her friend. That appreciation does not mean that I have to agree with the interpretation of the dream that Barbara, her friend and you appear to put on it.

The interpretation is in line with what many folkshope will happen. To my mind, it is not in line with what God has already revealed through Scripture and the writings of Ellen White. That is not casting any aspersion on those of you who believe otherwise. I am just sticking my neck out to state my conviction, based on my experience with the Lord. You are welcome to believe differently, and you may have reason to disagree with the evidence I gave. I appreciate the attempt to deal with the evidence, even when I disagree.

I'll deal with one point now:

Several of us noted that "Linda left Danny" is misleading. Barbara pointed out that it could be interpreted to match the facts. Now, in my experience, God does not make misleading statements. He knows that we are but dust, and His words are usually most accurately intepreted in the most straightforward way. That's why that sentence troubles me. The most straightforward reading would indicate that Linda wilfully left Danny. The use of language the recipient of the dream did not understand is troubling along these same lines -- it's not God's usual way of working.

This post has been edited by inga: Aug 18 2006, 09:25 AM

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church