Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10713&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:54:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Viewer's Version, Another side of the story
Reflection
post Sep 5 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #76

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,203

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 5 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]150099[/snapback]

One more note here - and this is to reflection and PeacefullyBewildered as well; while 3abn has been "used" by God, God is not limited to an organization to do anything He wants done. Because our God is also "the most persistant" when it comes to saving His children, there are many ways and mysteries of God's to accomplish His will. Sin is HIS battle, he uses people and ministries where they can be used - it's our priviledge to be used - but if we step away from the mission, we also step away from Gods purpose for us. 3abn was a tool. There will be and ARE other tools. Lets not get hung up on "what's going to happen to the church". The church is NOT 3abn. If people think that, then they need to be educated. 3abn is an INDEPENDANT MINISTRY. That is it. Nothing more.

Thanks for the reminder! happydance.gif I mean I KNOW this, but I appreciate being jolted back to faith. I'm not sure I'm explaining myself correctly. I've been in the church for 24 years and I've seen churches split over lesser things. It's always disheartening. sad.gif But you're right. Of course He is bigger than all of that. We all need to keep our focus even when some are falling all around us.

But beyond that, I still hold onto one concern. That is regarding our responsibility. Since we have the radio station, should we act now and change over to another provider of programming? dunno.gif I guess we're not clear on what our responsibility is at this point. uhm.gif I'm open to any suggestions or comments on this. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 5 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Reflection @ Sep 5 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]150207[/snapback]

Thanks for the reminder! happydance.gif I mean I KNOW this, but I appreciate being jolted back to faith. I'm not sure I'm explaining myself correctly. I've been in the church for 24 years and I've seen churches split over lesser things. It's always disheartening. sad.gif But you're right. Of course He is bigger than all of that. We all need to keep our focus even when some are falling all around us.

But beyond that, I still hold onto one concern. That is regarding our responsibility. Since we have the radio station, should we act now and change over to another provider of programming? dunno.gif I guess we're not clear on what our responsibility is at this point. uhm.gif I'm open to any suggestions or comments on this. Thanks!

If you ask me (and probably some other people too), yes, I would make the change. I personally could not support a "ministry" that I have no respect for when there are others out there to support. I think it's no accident that there are other ministries - Hope as well as others. I want more accountability to viewers and to people who work in these ministries, along with the true stucture of a board. Of course, this is me, and I speak for myself. There is no call for us to support anything that shouts Jesus name. Remember, 3abn is only a network that hosts programs and a handful of their own personal ones. I am guessing that eventually what is on that network, which is also on other networks too, will soon migrate away from 3abn to a "safer" more regulated place. My opinion only...but I guess we will do a wait and see. I have actually thought about this quite a bit - we have a station here in OR that should make that move. If it were me, and I was finding out truths that have been hid behind lies, I could not and would not want to have an association with a "ministry" that breaks mended people, as 3abn does.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
inga
post Sep 5 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 5 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]150171[/snapback]

I saw several hours of 3abn programming each day as I did in-home care for my 100-year-old grandmother. She has had a dish since the late 80's and has the programming on every waking hour. She is now 101 1/2 and is still watching it. She is hot-under-the-collar furious with Danny for pushing Linda out and especially for getting remarried.
I'd say your grandmother is a wise lady and has every right to be hot-under-the-collar furious with Danny for pushing Linda out and picking up a younger model. There's enough public evidence -- all the trashing of Linda engaged in by Danny and the board -- to indicate that Danny is not innocent! And I imagine your grandmother picked up on it -- if not consciously, then by the intution of a woman with a good many years of experience in life.

Say "Hi" to her from us here on BSDA, will you? hiya.gif

+Quote Post
Reflection
post Sep 5 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 2,203

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Sep 5 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]150171[/snapback]

I was speaking to Reflection's concerns over the impact the scandal at 3abn might have on their local church.

I learned early in my SDA experience not to blindly trust our preachers. When I was 17 one of them thought he could take advantage of my youth. This young, good-looking married father of two small children isolated me in a gorgeous valley and tried to do inappropriate things to me but found I was far too savy to become a victim. In contrast, when I took a walk in the woods with HMS Richards SR. a few years later he proved himself to be a faithful man of God whose only agenda was to share his faith with a young woman.

Wow! no.gif Glad you stood your ground and that you were obviously prepared for this trial!

My advice to her was that until we know the facts of the matter we can't make judgements. I also reminded her that the tares and the wheat grow together until God does the reaping. If Danny is a tare, there are still bushels of wheat that can be a blessing until the end of the 3abn story.

I know from personal experience that one can find a true spriritual blessing even from an imperfect ministry. You just have to be careful and prayerful. Our denomination is led by imperfect humans and is filled with imperfect members. Every one of us can only find perfection through Christ Our Righteousness and where we are in that journey is determined by our connection to Him.

You're right! God can use a donkey! And all the rest of us too!

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 5 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]150209[/snapback]

If you ask me (and probably some other people too), yes, I would make the change. I personally could not support a "ministry" that I have no respect for when there are others out there to support. I think it's no accident that there are other ministries - Hope as well as others. I want more accountability to viewers and to people who work in these ministries, along with the true stucture of a board. Of course, this is me, and I speak for myself. There is no call for us to support anything that shouts Jesus name. Remember, 3abn is only a network that hosts programs and a handful of their own personal ones. I am guessing that eventually what is on that network, which is also on other networks too, will soon migrate away from 3abn to a "safer" more regulated place. My opinion only...but I guess we will do a wait and see. I have actually thought about this quite a bit - we have a station here in OR that should make that move. If it were me, and I was finding out truths that have been hid behind lies, I could not and would not want to have an association with a "ministry" that breaks mended people, as 3abn does.

Thanks for the input. Do you have any specific information I could take back to my church? The person managing the station has been away several months. We need to talk to someone who can give practical advice.

+Quote Post
country bumpkin
post Sep 6 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #80

Member No.: 2,196

In answer to Calvin and Clay,

My original premise was that they BOTH became proud and arrogant. Once Danny started getting the Nashville singers and musicians in, his whole attitude changed. It became, “Look at me! See who my friends are.” I remember it got so bad that one day he was interviewing Doug Bachelor on a live question and answer program and a question came in. It was a controversial subject, so I won’t mention it, but Pastor Bachelor said, “Well the Bible doesn’t teach….” And Danny said, “I don’t care what the Bible says, I think…” My husband and I both looked at each other and said, “Did you hear what he said?” I knew then they were headed for a fall.

But it was not all Danny, nor was it all Linda. You could see them both becoming proud and arrogant.

That is why when the fall came, Danny looked humbled. He was also deeply hurt. Why else would a man get on stage in front of “the world” and embarrass himself by yelling at the man if he wasn’t hurt. Why would Mark Finley have to go on stage and try to save face if Danny had it under control and it was just a game to him. I think you all have taken this pawn of the enemy and made him into the master mind. Once they became proud, Satan set Linda up and Linda said something on that phone that Danny’s pride couldn’t take.

+Quote Post
country bumpkin
post Sep 6 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #81

In response to sonshineon me.

I came up with this scenario after I visited Linda’s web site. Before that I was totally clueless as to what had happened. But there were so many things she said that led me to come to that conclusion. I did not get my views from listening to Danny, but reading Linda, in light of what Danny had said. If I just listened to Danny, I’d think that Linda was an adulteress and the only reason they use the term “spiritual adultery is because they don’t have the bedroom pictures to prove she actually did anything. If I listened only to Danny, I’d believe Linda was vacationing with the doctor and running around like a “you know what”. I don’t believe that and I never have. I do believe that people strike out and say terrible things when they are hurt. Things they would never say under normal circumstances, and that is what we are seeing and have been seeing these last 2 years.

It’s sad and it’s getting old.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Sep 6 2006, 08:21 AM
Post #82

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 6 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]150263[/snapback]

My original premise was that they BOTH became proud and arrogant. Once Danny started getting the Nashville singers and musicians in, his whole attitude changed. It became, “Look at me! See who my friends are.” I remember it got so bad that one day he was interviewing Doug Bachelor on a live question and answer program and a question came in. It was a controversial subject, so I won’t mention it, but Pastor Bachelor said, “Well the Bible doesn’t teach….” And Danny said, “I don’t care what the Bible says, I think…” My husband and I both looked at each other and said, “Did you hear what he said?” I knew then they were headed for a fall.

But it was not all Danny, nor was it all Linda. You could see them both becoming proud and arrogant.

That is why when the fall came, Danny looked humbled. He was also deeply hurt. Why else would a man get on stage in front of “the world” and embarrass himself by yelling at the man if he wasn’t hurt. Why would Mark Finley have to go on stage and try to save face if Danny had it under control and it was just a game to him. I think you all have taken this pawn of the enemy and made him into the master mind. Once they became proud, Satan set Linda up and Linda said something on that phone that Danny’s pride couldn’t take.

uhm.gif Country, I had no problem with your initial post. From what I have read here in the 3abn threads, your story fits well in Danny’s characteristics.

+Quote Post
country bumpkin
post Sep 6 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #83

Thanks Calvin, and I’m sorry I implicated you falsely.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 6 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #84

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 6 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]150263[/snapback]

ahhhh I see.... good points.... and you are correct, God does not like pride..... not at all.....

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 6 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]150265[/snapback]

In response to sonshineon me.
I came up with this scenario after I visited Linda’s web site. Before that I was totally clueless as to what had happened. But there were so many things she said that led me to come to that conclusion. I did not get my views from listening to Danny, but reading Linda, in light of what Danny had said. If I just listened to Danny, I’d think that Linda was an adulteress and the only reason they use the term “spiritual adultery is because they don’t have the bedroom pictures to prove she actually did anything. If I listened only to Danny, I’d believe Linda was vacationing with the doctor and running around like a “you know what”. I don’t believe that and I never have. I do believe that people strike out and say terrible things when they are hurt. Things they would never say under normal circumstances, and that is what we are seeing and have been seeing these last 2 years.

It’s sad and it’s getting old.

my point which I have made from the beginning of this mess was simply this... even if Linda did everything she was accused of, she should not have been treated the way she was by Mr. Shelton..... that's where I am coming from....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
seeshell
post Sep 6 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,679

Country, for what it's worth, I think your take on it makes sense. Glad you came back. smile.gif

--------------------
Shelley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain

"It is not my first object in life to make people like me." Elizabeth Prentiss

"Níor dhún Dia doras riamh nar oscail Sé ceann eile."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 6 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #86

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(seeshell @ Sep 6 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]150292[/snapback]

Country, for what it's worth, I think your take on it makes sense. Glad you came back. smile.gif

then again as you have stated.... you are ummm blonde..... roflmao.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Truly Blonde
post Sep 6 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,160

ranting.gif ranting.gif
QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 6 2006, 07:13 AM) [snapback]150265[/snapback]

In response to Country Bumpkin
If I just listened to Danny, I’d think that Linda was an adulteress and the only reason they use the term “spiritual adultery is because they don’t have the bedroom pictures to prove she actually did anything.

There has been lots of talk on other threads just what spiritual adultry is. Most of us had never heard the term before. Nobody has given a good explanation of spiritual adultry. The other day I was listening to Elder Bohr's cd's on cracking the Genisis code and he was talking about the ten commandments and he said that spiritual adultry is when we have other God's beside God and when we place them above God we have committed spiritual adultry. I asked my husband "Did you hear that?" Based on this, there is no way Linda committed Spiritual Adultry!!!! Unless Danny truly thinks he is our God blowup.gif

I personally think Danny is a very aggressive person who wants what he wants when he wants it and is going to force the rest of us to accept his way of thinking. I don't think it even fazes him to air all of his dirty linen to the whole world. I am not surprised that he took over and used Steve's and Doug's issues to rant ranting.gif on his own.

I agree that Danny is not the only bad guy here. It takes two in a given situation. But I agree with Clay that what Danny has done to ruin Linda and others who worked at 3abn is unconciousable.(sp)

I have another question that I don't think has been talked about. Danny's first wife supposably was getting ready to leave Danny when she died. I think I read she had two daughters from a previous marriage and that at least one of the daughters was helping her in this. Does anyone know what has happened to them. Do they fit in this story at all? Could they shed light on Danny before Linda and what his behavior was like? Just wondering.

Truly Blonde

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Sep 6 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

That is exactly what "spiritual adultery? means, TB. So IOW, Danny and Brandy is shackin' up, because he doesn't have biblical/church grounds for divorce.

Now, as for your question about Danny's first wife, I am going to ask that someone with that info PM you with it. As you know, we are only dealing with Danny and his dealings at 3ABN, not his persoanl life. His first wife had nothing to do with 3ABN.

QUOTE(Truly Blonde @ Sep 6 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]150310[/snapback]

ranting.gif ranting.gif
There has been lots of talk on other threads just what spiritual adultry is. Most of us had never heard the term before. Nobody has given a good explanation of spiritual adultry. The other day I was listening to Elder Bohr's cd's on cracking the Genisis code and he was talking about the ten commandments and he said that spiritual adultry is when we have other God's beside God and when we place them above God we have committed spiritual adultry. I asked my husband "Did you hear that?" Based on this, there is no way Linda committed Spiritual Adultry!!!! Unless Danny truly thinks he is our God blowup.gif

I personally think Danny is a very aggressive person who wants what he wants when he wants it and is going to force the rest of us to accept his way of thinking. I don't think it even fazes him to air all of his dirty linen to the whole world. I am not surprised that he took over and used Steve's and Doug's issues to rant ranting.gif on his own.

I agree that Danny is not the only bad guy here. It takes two in a given situation. But I agree with Clay that what Danny has done to ruin Linda and others who worked at 3abn is unconciousable.(sp)

I have another question that I don't think has been talked about. Danny's first wife supposably was getting ready to leave Danny when she died. I think I read she had two daughters from a previous marriage and that at least one of the daughters was helping her in this. Does anyone know what has happened to them. Do they fit in this story at all? Could they shed light on Danny before Linda and what his behavior was like? Just wondering.

Truly Blonde

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
country bumpkin
post Sep 6 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #89

Clay,
You make a good point. He should just let it go. But many people can’t.

Once I went camping and I met the couple that was camped next to us. It was an older couple in a camper. They had both remarried. She had because her husband had died; he had because his wife had left him. He kept going on and on about the first wife, so much so that I assumed the events had happened quite recently. They had not. It had been over 15 years and I was shock at the bitterness and resentment he still held. He was not the only one I have seen. Once hurt turns to bitterness, some people just can’t let it go.

I once had a boss who was embarrassed by something an employee of his said. After he fired her, he forbad all the employees to communicate with her. I have been amazed at the steps people go to when their pride is offended.

So, in my opinion, his reaction is not an uncommon occurrence. The fact that it is so open and in public is what makes this situation so discouraging. Most of the people that I have seen over react to situations have been members of “good and regular standing” and leaders in the church. Sad, but true.

I don’t know what the solution is. I just feel sorry for all involved.

Country,

P.S. Please be nice. Seeshell’s comments had nothing to do with her hair color and to judge her by her picture is totally unfair. Someone might accuse you of insensitivity, like, hummm… Danny, maybe?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 6 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(country bumpkin @ Sep 6 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]150331[/snapback]

Clay,
P.S. Please be nice. Seeshell’s comments had nothing to do with her hair color and to judge her by her picture is totally unfair. Someone might accuse you of insensitivity, like, hummm… Danny, maybe?

Country Bumpkin,
I believe Clay was having some fun with the "Disclaimer" at the end of Seeshell's post. Please go back and read what she has written there. I am not Clay but I'd just bet my ranch (if I had one) that it was just for fun.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church