Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12180&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:55:28 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter To Calvin, "Boss" Means Accountability
PeacefulBe
post Jan 20 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Thank you, Watchbird, for this insightful critique. It captures what was in my heart, my motivation, when I wrote it.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chimaz
post Jan 20 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 2,845

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jan 20 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]171378[/snapback]

Have you ever heard "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" to the tune of "Some Say Love" by Bette Midler? It's actually very beautiful.

Some Say Love? I think you mean The Rose. Contrary to popular opinion, it wasn't written by Bette Midler, but by Amanda McBroom.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 20 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Chimaz @ Jan 20 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]171411[/snapback]

Some Say Love? I think you mean The Rose. Contrary to popular opinion, it wasn't written by Bette Midler, but by Amanda McBroom.

James Rainwater actually sings this and it's great!

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jan 20 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 20 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]171412[/snapback]

James Rainwater actually sings this and it's great!

I found the web site for this and listened to the excerpt......it is beautiful. Sure wish it were on itunes as I would buy it right now sad.gif

Here is the link if anyone wants to listen to it.

http://www.morningsong.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=3003

It is on the Free To Go Album.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Jan 20 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(Chez @ Jan 19 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]171258[/snapback]

Talk to me, Nuggie! I agree with you!! Let the Redeemed of the Lord SAY SO!! Where were and are these people when black people were thrown out of predominantly white churches because they just wanted to worship on the Sabbath? Where were these people when Black people just wanted to work for the church in fulltime employment and were denied/passed over because of biology? Where were these people? Where is their outrage??? Where were these people when boys and girls were being molested in the name of "I was molested and I have a problem, therefore I have the right to molest children"? Where is the outrage? Where is the outrage against 'BULLYING" in the name of Jesus just because someone disagrees with the leadership of 3ABN? You can quote the Bible to suit your own purposes; it still doesn't excuse passivity to wrongdoing(s). You can quote Ellen Gould Harmon White until you are blue in the face. Ellen doesn't give us marching orders, at least she doesn't give me any. GOD GIVES US OUR MARCHING ORDERS!! Where were these people when Danny got a quicky divorce from his wife?? Where was the outrage? furious.gif TALK TO ME PEOPLE!!!!

notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
eye witness
post Jan 21 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 19 2007, 05:49 PM) [snapback]171217[/snapback]

As it happens, the words poured out in very short time, a matter of minutes. I am very familiar with much of the information here because I have been carefully reading and weighing it as I go along. I do have a job and I am doing exactly as you suggest - encouraging others to follow Jesus.

My own burden here is to discover if the allegations of abuse against Tommy Shelton are true and, if so, do everything in my power to bring healing to his victims and encourage him to get true healing for himself.

I would encourage you to really find out what we are all about. Your opinion might just change if you opened your eyes to what we see.

And as to your remark about what I am beholding, it is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world and I am striving to allow Him to change me into His image.

[b]It might be helpful to know that for change to happen, we have to be willing to study to show ourselves approved.[/b]

From The Messenger: I have been shown that much sin has resulted from idleness. Active hands and minds do not find time to heed every temptation which the enemy suggests, but idle hands and brains are all ready for Satan to control. The mind, when not properly occupied, dwells upon improper things. 1T395

+Quote Post
Joe Smith
post Jan 21 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #67

Group:
QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Jan 18 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]170977[/snapback]

Calvin....
It is with concern for you and the others on BSDA, that I write this post. We believe as Adventist that Jesus is coming soon. We believe that we have a calling to warn the world of a coming Judge and King. The judgment is near... even at the door... Can you see this, Calvin? We have a unique message to the world, and yet we sometimes fail in presenting that unique message to our own group.. we Adventist. Our very name...Adventist.. proclaims that we are the people who KNOW, that Christ is coming back.

Have we lost that vision?? Have we lost that understanding?
My heart is saddened as I read the slanderous, unholy comments that are posted here almost everyday. The making fun of other Christians who are serving God the best way they know how.

Are we any better than the rest of the world? Does our conduct as Adventist say "yes, we are a Peculiar People!?" Does our conduct say....."We're different than the other denominations.... different than the world.... because WE HAVE LOVE?" Love for our brothers and sisters?
I ask you Calvin.... is this what is being posted on your website BSDA? You have a VERY SERIOUS obligation to follow the council found in Philippians 4:8... it reads,

"Finally brethren...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are noble, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is anything praiseworthy ... think on theses things."

I ask you brother Calvin.....Is this what is being posted about 3ABN and those associated with it? I don't think so. I know that is true, I am ashamed to say, I have been a part of it.

Calvin, I speak to you because you are the "Boss". With being the "Boss" comes Great Accountability with God. I know, I am in that same position of great accountability. I am a pastor. And with that calling, comes great responsibility also. That is why I am compelled to write this letter to you.

There is soon coming a "Judgment Day" for you and me. I want to be faithful. I pray you want to be faithful also. I want to hear on that great day... "Well done thou good and faithful servant, enter in to the joy of the Lord."

Please don't anyone take this as a rebuke.... it's meant to awaken those of us who are in responsible positions. I know there are others out there that will read this post. Some will be angry, some will be moved to do the right thing. The same Son, shines on us all. Some will be melted... some will be hardened.
May the God of our hearts, bless us.
Joe Smith smile.gif

Calvin, you should be able to tell from the criticism and assults generated by the original post, that what I have stated is true. This site does not glorifiy God.
I implore you to at least enforce your own rules as quoted below:

Post #1

STORMY1

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Per the forum Guidelines:

Be gracious to other posters When someone disagrees with you, by all means discuss it; but be slow to anger, and rather be eager to get into the Word and find the answers. Remember, when discussing passionate issues, it is easy to go too far and offend or hurt another. But how we respond is the true test of character.

No name calling It is rude and uncalled for and also unscriptural. Name calling of another member will get your post removed.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated This board has an edit button enabled. Once you have posted read what you wrote. If you think it could in any way offend, go back and edit it. Moderators and Administrators will be visibly proactive in dealing with any potentially offensive material. Posts of a violent or threatening nature, either implicitly or explicitly, will be deleted, and the poster's membership revoked. Flaming, putting other's down etc all fall into this category. We encourage personal problems with other members be resolved privately..

Joe

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 21 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #68

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Let it go Joe. Now you are sounding pathetic.

+Quote Post
jene
post Jan 21 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,812

Joe Smith,

I don't know if you were unable to read through all of the posts. However, there were a few questions posted directly to you that directly explains the reasoning behind posting all of these "accusations" against the main players at 3ABN. The main theme of the questions is twofold:

1. Do you think it is right to sit idly by and watch as a "leader" (Danny Shelton) of a group or congregation (3ABN) continues to get up in front of said group day after day yet they are corrupt? I am using the term corrupt because of the evidence that has been produced by first hand witnesses through out numerous threads.

2. Is it right to sit idly by and watch an alleged molester represent God on tv? Although I said alleged it is important to note that victim's statements have been published here. Continuing on with this question...is it right to blame the people who bring this injustice to the public's view so that people can make up their own minds as to whether they want their children around the alleged molester?

You have asked direct questions of Calvin. Please answer these direct questions that many of us ask of you.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 21 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(jene @ Jan 21 2007, 12:38 PM) [snapback]171514[/snapback]

Joe Smith,

I don't know if you were unable to read through all of the posts. However, there were a few questions posted directly to you that directly explains the reasoning behind posting all of these "accusations" against the main players at 3ABN. The main theme of the questions is twofold:

1. Do you think it is right to sit idly by and watch as a "leader" (Danny Shelton) of a group or congregation (3ABN) continues to get up in front of said group day after day yet they are corrupt? I am using the term corrupt because of the evidence that has been produced by first hand witnesses through out numerous threads.

2. Is it right to sit idly by and watch an alleged molester represent God on tv? Although I said alleged it is important to note that victim's statements have been published here. Continuing on with this question...is it right to blame the people who bring this injustice to the public's view so that people can make up their own minds as to whether they want their children around the alleged molester?

You have asked direct questions of Calvin. Please answer these direct questions that many of us ask of you.

Terrific questions Jene! I hope Joe will take the time to answer them.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 21 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 21 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]171527[/snapback]

Terrific questions Jene! I hope Joe will take the time to answer them.

Dont hold your breath... he's here solely to be incendiary and to muddy the waters... so anything that could actually make something clearer is antithetical to the agenda he has...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
LadyTenor
post Jan 21 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #72

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 51

snack.gif

--------------------
Visit my blog--"Musings of a Black Scrapbooker"
Talia's MySpace Page

He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him."
--John 14:21

Any comments on blacksda.com made by Talia A. Dickson, J.D. with respect to the law are purely academic in nature and should NOT be construed as legal advice. Mrs. Dickson is not yet authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Should you need legal advice for a specific issue, you are encouraged to seek out the advice of an attorney of your own choosing.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jan 22 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #73

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Joe Smith @ Jan 18 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]170977[/snapback]

I am a pastor....
Joe Smith smile.gif

Joe,

If you are a pastor, then that suggests all the more that you are Ronnie, Danny's brother.

Since you well recognize the duties of a pastor, have you personally labored with Danny that he make right the falsehoods he has told, since according to Rev. 21, 22, lying will keep people outside the pearly gates? Sins that we refuse to confess cannot be forgiven, and will keep us out of heaven.

Have you labored with Tommy that he come clean regarding the allegations of sexual misconduct? In light of his written "confession," it seems quite appropriate for him to go ahead and do what Roger Clem asked him to do: register as a sex offender. To refuse to do something that simple suggests a lack of repentance. It would certainly help satisfy his alleged victims, and might dissuade them from filing a lawsuit.

It seems to me that you have a God-given duty. If you refuse to do that duty, and Tommy or Danny go down into the grave unwarned by you, you just possibly might end up with their blood on your head, according to what the Scriptures say.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jan 23 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(eye witness @ Jan 21 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]171444[/snapback]

From The Messenger: I have been shown that much sin has resulted from idleness. Active hands and minds do not find time to heed every temptation which the enemy suggests, but idle hands and brains are all ready for Satan to control. The mind, when not properly occupied, dwells upon improper things. 1T395

Mmmmm. Are you talking about yourself now eye witness? "I have been shown that much sin has resulted from idleness."
I see this posted elsewhere. Maybe, you need to go and find something constructive to do, so you fingers are not so idle.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 23 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jan 23 2007, 01:57 AM) [snapback]171824[/snapback]

Mmmmm. Are you talking about yourself now eye witness? "I have been shown that much sin has resulted from idleness."
I see this posted elsewhere. Maybe, you need to go and find something constructive to do, so you fingers are not so idle.

I keep hearing about sin resulting from idlenes...but the pro-shelton camp come in and "waste" their time "idling by" in here writing sermon after sermon after sermon while telling the others that the time spent in here is a sin...

I have to ask - who's washing their underwear while they're in hear preparing the smoke screen?

Now, that is a real shame! scratchchin.gif

This post has been edited by husbandoftheyear: Jan 23 2007, 07:40 AM

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:55 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church