Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12252&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:43:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Newbies Coming!, Let's be kind to them and patient ...
Ozzie
post Jan 27 2007, 04:45 AM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(erik @ Jan 27 2007, 06:49 AM) [snapback]172926[/snapback]

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 26 2007, 01:35 PM) *

Aletheia, Linda could be the worst sinner that still does not give danny the right to act like jerk, period.
erik

amen.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 27 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(erik @ Jan 26 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]172926[/snapback]

Aletheia,

Let me get this straight because linda is "dirty whore" danny has the right to do and say what ever he wants?

I would like the biblical texts that back that up?????????

Aletheia, Linda could be the worst sinner that still does not give danny the right to act like jerk, period.
erik

Eric, I didn't say that, you did. And I don't appreciate having your words put in my mouth, and then having you find fault with me for what you said.

I also don't see you saying, "Danny could be the worst jerk in the world and that doesn't give Linda the right to do and say what she has done, period." So it appears you have a side here, and a bias.

Maybe-- because I after almost 20 years with the only man I ever even seriously dated, found out my husband was having an adulterous affair, and 2 years later after our separation, was still being held accountable for all the debts he was continuing to run up, am now divorced...

Maybe- because of that I see this whole situation a bit differently.

Issues of infidelity and divorce are devastating, they rip you apart and turn you into a emotional basketcase. Sometimes, years after our initial separation, while going about my daily activities, or at work, just a passing thought or memory, would suddenly bring back the reality of all that had happenned and this terrible loss, it was like a sudden knife twisting in my stomache, making it hard to even draw the next breath.. All I could do was pray, please Lord take this terrible pain away I can't bear it anymore..

Because of that-- I realize people say, and do things they wouldn't normally do and say. Both I, and my ex-husband did. And I know now, the pain wasn't mine alone. A Divorce is a loss, God made us to be one, and when you lose your other half, you go through the same stages in the grief process that those dealing with a death do. It doesn't really matter who was at fault the loss is felt by both,

As Kubler-Ross defines this:
Denial - The "This can't be real" stage.: "I'm not here, This isn't happening. I didn't.., or she/he didn't...

Anger - The "Why me?" stage.: "How dare you do this to me?!" (either referring to God, the deceased, or oneself, or another)

Bargaining - The "If I do this, you’ll do that" stage If I say this, they'll understand this,.. If I do this it will justify me doing that, if .. if... if...

Depression - The "Defeated" stage.: "I can't bear to face going through this, it's hopeless, I can't do anything to change it.. i have no control... I can't function because...

Acceptance - The "This is going to happen" stage.: "I'm ready, or I accept that this has happened. I don't want to struggle anymore. or I will move on.

Many go through this in no particular order, some bouncing back and forth between some stages, or all. The only thing consistant is that for all, it's not over till you stop doing that, move through all and and reach acceptance.

With the Lord, you can get there far more quickly.

From what I have read, and it is difficult to sort through the he said-she said, I think both parties have done and said things they wouldn't normally have said or done. Was this wrong? Yes. But I understand how it can happen. I also know how the Lord can heal, as he did me.

But to point the finger at one, and ignore the other? or to excuse and justify one, and not the other? No, that I don't understand. We can not afford to be partial in judment. The book of James has something to say about that,,,,

It is also my feeling that all of this regarding Linda and Danny's divorce and the issues of his remarriage should have been handled in the local Church, and the church should have judged righteously on all as led by the lord.

That's what I think.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 27 2007, 06:29 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 27 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 26 2007, 08:57 PM) [snapback]173020[/snapback]

I have something to agree with you on Cindy. Linda was compensated well. Most states operate under the principle of “employment at will”, which means that just like you can quit your job at anytime for any reason so can an employer termination your employment for cause or without cause. All an employer owns you is an honest days pay for your honest day work. Linda was an employee and officer of 3ABN, she received two years salary upon her termination, 3ABN did not have to do that. An employer does not own you severance, she did better than most. Agreeing to a gag orders for officers and corporations is a common business practice in order to receive a severance package. I don’t fault 3ABN for that. You can argue all you want whether the termination was fair or not….that has nothing to do with compensation while she was employed and grants no rights to compensation after her employment ended.

Another thing. Linda may have been the co-founder of 3ABN but she is not a part owner nor is Danny an owner. The 3ABN Corporation is the owner. A corporation is a legal entity, it can hold property in its name, enter into contracts, hire officers and employees, sue and be sued, etc. Corporations are setup to limit the personal liability of the founder and officers, but also to ensure ongoing continued business should any one person leave the company. The Corporation owns the assets, not Linda. She is not entitled to half the business as some believe.

Now, here is where I agree with Clay, Di and others. It was unethical for 3ABN to trash Linda publicly and engage in activity to prohibit Linda from seeking employment elsewhere (if true). 3ABN should have held itself to the same conditions they expected from Linda...that is what an ethical business would do.

I am glad in your last paragraph to see you have the integrity to say, if true, for as a people we do need to find out what is true before making absolute judgements, lest we be the ones found guilty of sin.

In the rest, the majority of your post, I have that same exact understanding.

In addition, It is my feeling some have become confused by the difference between a a business like microsoft, and one like the american red cross. Bill gates has alot o money, but who founded the American red cross and what does he have?

I also think some are confused by the severance pay Linda received from 3ABN, and the issue of Marital property division. They aren't the same, and even the separation agreement with 3AN states that.

As far as the Marital property goes, it's really not hard to figure out... Anyone can send for the divorce records from Guam, and any can get the records of the civil lawsuit Linda filed 8 months later in Illinois to receive more.

It's public record. One can't argue with the evidence and facts, at least I can't. :-)

Have a blessed Sabbath Calvin.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 27 2007, 07:01 AM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 27 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 27 2007, 06:32 AM) [snapback]173132[/snapback]

Eric, I didn't say that, you did. And I don't appreciate having your words put in my mouth, and then having you find fault with me for what you said.

You may not have said those exact words... but erik is not the only one to have inferred this from the things you have stated. If you werent intending to imply such, you've done a poor job.

I also don't see you saying, "Danny could be the worst jerk in the world and that doesn't give Linda the right to do and say what she has done, period." So it appears you have a side here, and a bias.

Neither you nor any other has provided evidence that Linda has said or done anything that could be construed as recompensing evil for the evil Danny and the 3ABN board and the Illinois Conference, whose president sits on said board, have done to her; you have made the claim repeatedly in your attempts to disparage others but that does not make it true... so it is hypocritical in the extreme for you to point a finger at another and say he has a bias when you have utterly lacked objectivity. You, and those on your side of the fence have provided no evidence that either refutes things you claim are wrong or validates what you claim is true. Ever.

Maybe-- because I after almost 20 years with the only man I ever even seriously dated, found out my husband was having an adulterous affair, and 2 years later after our separation, was still being held accountable for all the debts he was continuing to run up, am now divorced...

Maybe- because of that I see this whole situation a bit differently.

Maybe you need to leave other people's issues alone until you are done dealing with the fallout from your own issues...

Issues of infidelity and divorce are devastating, they rip you apart and turn you into a emotional basketcase. Sometimes, years after our initial separation, while going about my daily activities, or at work, just a passing thought or memory, would suddenly bring back the reality of all that had happenned and this terrible loss, it was like a sudden knife twisting in my stomache, making it hard to even draw the next breath.. All I could do was pray, please Lord take this terrible pain away I can't bear it anymore..

And in spite of this, you think you can be objective? Anytime you hear an allegation of spousal infidelity it brings all of that angst to the surface... while it explains the axe you have to grind against Linda, since she is the one who has been accused, it also causes you to apply the circumstances of your failed marriage to the Sheltons... which makes you empathize with Danny since in your case, the one who made the accusation was the actual injured party.

The problem is the circumstances around your divorce do not even remotely approximate the circumstances around Danny's... and the one making the accusation is not the injured party; that one is the one doing injury... but you are not over your own pain so you tend to view this divorce through the distorted lens of your own and it is causing you to presume things that have no basis in reality.

Because of that-- I realize people say, and do things they wouldn't normally do and say. Both I, and my ex-husband did. And I know now, the pain wasn't mine alone. A Divorce is a loss, God made us to be one, and when you lose your other half, you go through the same stages in the grief process that those dealing with a death do. It doesn't really matter who was at fault the loss is felt by both,

As Kubler-Ross defines this:
Denial - The "This can't be real" stage.: "I'm not here, This isn't happening. I didn't.., or she/he didn't...

Anger - The "Why me?" stage.: "How dare you do this to me?!" (either referring to God, the deceased, or oneself, or another)

Bargaining - The "If I do this, you’ll do that" stage If I say this, they'll understand this,.. If I do this it will justify me doing that, if .. if... if...

Depression - The "Defeated" stage.: "I can't bear to face going through this, it's hopeless, I can't do anything to change it.. i have no control... I can't function because...

Acceptance - The "This is going to happen" stage.: "I'm ready, or I accept that this has happened. I don't want to struggle anymore. or I will move on.

Many go through this in no particular order, some bouncing back and forth between some stages, or all. The only thing consistant is that for all, it's not over till you stop doing that, move through all and and reach acceptance.

You havent worked all the way through this yourself... and yet you deem yourself fit to sit in judgement on another in spite of your own personal subjectivity and bias. You're only fooling yourself. You're not past your own pain, Cindy... you have not moved on; if you had, you wouldnt have the projection issues that make up this obsession you have with Linda's purported guilt and that mkae you feel it must be her fault.

With the Lord, you can get there far more quickly.

From what I have read, and it is difficult to sort through the he said-she said, I think both parties have done and said things they wouldn't normally have said or done. Was this wrong? Yes. But I understand how it can happen. I also know how the Lord can heal, as he did me.

But to point the finger at one, and ignore the other? or to excuse and justify one, and not the other? No, that I don't understand. We can not afford to be partial in judment. The book of James has something to say about that,,,,

It is also my feeling that all of this regarding Linda and Danny's divorce and the issues of his remarriage should have been handled in the local Church, and the church should have judged righteously on all as led by the lord.

That's what I think.

Once again, "de nile" is not just a river in Africa. You aren't healed, Cindy. Not even close. It is painfully apparent that your baggage has baggage in this thing.

Do yourself a favor... tend to the log in your own eye. It's still there... and everybody sees it but you. Until you do, you wont be right... and you wont be healed... and if you are neither of those you can only do harm if you try to interpose yourself in the dealings of others.

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Jan 27 2007, 08:09 AM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 27 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #80

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

Bro J....

I have been there and you have "checked me".... I didn't like it - but you spoke the truth.

Deal with your own "issues" Aletheia - then you can objectively discuss others "issues"....

IMPO

*EDITED so that it could be clear that I was speaking directly to Aletheia as I was able to take the reproach from Bro J, swallow it down, and learned much from it. You could do well to remove the telephone pole before pulling other folks broomstraws.....

IMPO

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Jan 27 2007, 01:35 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
sister
post Jan 27 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 27 2007, 06:32 AM) [snapback]173132[/snapback]

...It is also my feeling that all of this regarding Linda and Danny's divorce and the issues of his remarriage should have been handled in the local Church, and the church should have judged righteously on all as led by the lord.

That's what I think.

The local church is owned and operated by Danny Shelton. Danny pays half of the pastor's salary. The local pastor, John Lomacang, hosts programs and is featured on 3ABN. Lomacang has also referred to Danny Shelton, on world-wide television as God's anointed and compared him to Moses. The majority of the members of the "Thompsonville SDA Church" are employed at 3ABN. I have been a member of this church and believe me, receiving a righteous judgement as led by the Lord, especially if it runs contrary to the wishes of Dan Shelton; has about as much chance as the proverbial snowball in Hell. Don't get me wrong I have faith in the workings of the Lord, but I also have witnessed the "justice" of the 3ABN church and watched Danny pull the strings.

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 27 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,782

""
Aletheia,

Let me get this straight because linda is "dirty whore" danny has the right to do and say what ever he wants?

I would like the biblical texts that back that up?????????

erik"""

"""Eric, I didn't say that, you did. And I don't appreciate having your words put in my mouth, and then having you find fault with me for what you said.

I also don't see you saying, "Danny could be the worst jerk in the world and that doesn't give Linda the right to do and say what she has done, period." So it appears you have a side here, and a bias."""

Aletheia,

Let me say first and foremost i am sorry about about what happened in your marriage, that should not happen to anyone.

Secondly, I was not trying to put words into your mouth, i was asking you if that is in fact how you felt in rereading my post i can see the question part was not clear. So i apologize for making look like that is how you feel.

Thirdly, A lot of the issues about 3abn are blamed on linda getting them started, yet when I go and read linda offical site she is very kind and supporting of 3abn. All the issues at 3abn out side of the marriage issues i really can not see how anyone with evidence can say that linda is the one driving this discussion. SO from my reading of the post you seem to be putting words and actions on to linda that just do not seem to be hers.

Fourthly, I totally agree that the local church should have taken care of this issue years ago. BUT they did not, also 3abn has created in many ways a goblal local church in its viewers, and because 3abn(danny and linda both did this for good and for bad) has this greater body it makes it self accountable to the rest of the Church at least that is how i see it.

Fifthly, I am going to ask in clearly worded question: If linda is the terrible sinner that she is described to be or to use the words of my previous post a "dirty whore" does that give danny the right to do and say anything like what he has said and done?

Sixthly, I fully agree that i have bias on topic, what is sad to me is that bias has changed over the last two years or so from being very solidly on danny's side to being more on lind's side(although on the financial and tommy issues i feel that she has questions that need to awnsered before i will give her a totally pass on those) The Truth is that i really i am not on either side i am for the TRUTH and for justice, and for right being done.

Seventhly, I am much more concerned about the "possiable" child/adult sexually abuse charges sitting out against Tommy S, and the way that danny and 3abn appear to be handling them. I know from personal experience the long term damage that is done when this happens, and the guy that did to me was my best friend and the time and was only 2 years older then me. I am willing to let the issues lay down for a while, that the sexaul abuse issue needs to be dealt with fast and in as public manner has possible so that it is very clear that SDA's do not and will not be party to covering up such behavior, has part of this the church has God given duty to Get Tommy S. the help he needs to accept the darkness in his heart and to has 2 cor. 5:21 give that sin to Jesus and Jesus will give tommy and new heart one with out the darkness in one full of rightous, but has long has one hids from the darkness in ones heart the darkness grows and consumes you, Yes i know this from very painful personal trials and experience.

Aletheia, i want you to know that would have rather never known about any of this stuff, i would have rather that 3abn board would have handle the whole mess differently, but they did not so we are were we are on this, And either we handle publicly inside the church now or has some on forum are calling for it will get handle publicly in the world, which way is better for the cause of God?

sincerely in Jesus love for us both,

Erik W.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Jan 27 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #83

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

That was deep Erik...deep indeed....
yes.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
erik
post Jan 27 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Jan 27 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]173197[/snapback]

That was deep Erik...deep indeed....
yes.gif

did not mean it to be deep, it is the truth has i understand.

erik w.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 27 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 27 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]173157[/snapback]

The local church is owned and operated by Danny Shelton. Danny pays half of the pastor's salary. The local pastor, John Lomacang, hosts programs and is featured on 3ABN. Lomacang has also referred to Danny Shelton, on world-wide television as God's anointed and compared him to Moses. The majority of the members of the "Thompsonville SDA Church" are employed at 3ABN. I have been a member of this church and believe me, receiving a righteous judgement as led by the Lord, especially if it runs contrary to the wishes of Dan Shelton; has about as much chance as the proverbial snowball in Hell. Don't get me wrong I have faith in the workings of the Lord, but I also have witnessed the "justice" of the 3ABN church and watched Danny pull the strings.

The Conference President, the Pastor, or even the Church board, do not get to decide issues of discipline, censure or disfellowship... It has to be the members of the Church- all of them who do this.

So it is difficult for me to understand how every single member would have a bias against Linda, and be partial and show favoritism toward Danny, and be led by him rather then by the facts and evidence and the Lord. All would have to be hypocrites and without conscience. (How long was Linda a member there?!? And how many even posting here now, accusing and finding fault with DS and 3ABN claim to be employees of or ex-employees of 3ABN and arre members of that Church?!?)

But IF that was the case, then you would follow the chain up the ladder, and go higher. For the ends can never justify the means, and we have clear commands from Jesus Christ on how to handle these issues in the Church, they are defined plainly in the SOP. The relevant scriptures and SOP quotes are given and cited in the SDA Church manuel. So to me, it sounds like excuses you are offering for why people were justified in not following the Lord's commands in this case.

The following was posted on MSDAOL by HE-leadeth, on1/23/07, and I think explains issues and resolution steps quite well, so I am going to quote his post here:

...There are too many issues that are getting rolled up into one concerning 3ABN.

Personal issues/sins are dealt with by Matthew 18, etc...
If you aren't satisfied that the local church has made the right decision (if it has gone that far), take your concerns to the conference elders, if not there, the union elders, etc... If you have exhausted this then either accept the stance of the church or LEAVE the church. Do not stay in and keep pushing the issue after the church has spoken at all levels. A public forum is NO PLACE to handle these personal issues/sins, before or after they have been dealt with, PERIOD!

Public sins are dealt with by the church elders, in public. If the elders don't do it at the local level, follow the line as noted above. If no elder will do it, then you do it. If there is no change, then LEAVE. This can be dealt with in a public forum ONLY as a last resort to reach the erring one--IMO.

Illegal issues are dealt with by civil law. These illegal issues may fall under personal or public sins so follow the counsel of Scripture here too. After all, God's law is supreme.

Separate the issues and use the Biblical standards laid out for each. PERIOD! I don't see that every step has been taken as yet with any of the issues. The posts tell the story!

As far as TS and the accusations against him. IMO--IF the offended party wishes to pursue a course against the offender, then something should be done at the administrative level to place them on leave. But friends, in our country and even in God's court, the accused have a right to face their accuser and give an answer. Innocent till proven guilty is still the fairest way to handle it. Any other way plays into the devil's hand.

The bottom line as far as I am concerned is that the church is failing in it's duty here... and the church is US.

As a side thought, I see a definite hypocrisy with how the members of these forums treat the lack of leadership at the local, conference, union, GC levels verses the leadership at an independent ministry. Even on such forums as this I see blatant hypocrisy... an administrator on BSDA has told others (paraphrasing) 'if you don't like it leave!' Well isn't that nice, eh? What's good for the goose evidently isn't good for the gander!

Walk the walk and stand for truth at ALL levels... picking and choosing who to hold to the fire and who not too based solely on your own perception really shows how weak we are as a people.

IMO...

And this also, in response to another common excuse commonly offered by those finding fault with and accusing 3ABN. Posted on 1/24/07

Originally Posted By: Chesaunde
Yes, 3ABN is an independent ministry. [The church elders, conferences, unions, divisions, and the GC have no jurisdiction over this ministry.]

Originally Posted By: He-leadeth
Having ‘jurisdiction’ over 3ABN or not isn’t the issue. Are you telling me that DS and the board, etc… ARE NOT members of the SDA church? The personal sins committed are a local church matter and they do have ‘jurisdiction’ over members when it comes to sin in the church. Again, see Matthew 18:15-17, specifically. This is a red herring if ever I saw one!

Truth is truth.
Is their wrong doing, error and (or) sin? then handle it like the Lord says to!

edited to add a question, -- and corrected typos, and sp

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 27 2007, 03:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 27 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Cindy, erik, Mr.J, DrRe, I'm liking the spirit of this discussion! I'm liking this discussion a lot!

Cindy, hearing about your betrayal by your husband adds so much more understanding about your perspective on the Shelton divorce. I have to agree with Mr.J that it is probably coloring your view of the situation. Now that you have laid it all out like you have, perhaps you are ready to acknowledge that as well. I know how deep and devastating it is for a life partner to betray you. For me it had a happier ending than yours but it hurt like the dickens as I was going through it. Listen to what Mr.J is counselling. Stay here and fellowship with us, let us lift you up as your sisters and brothers in Christ as you heal. We will be praying for you that you will be able to claim that Peace that passes understanding in spite of the wounds you have suffered.

Erik, you have spoken wisely and straight from your heart. I agree that your "seventhly" point is of vital importance. It seems to me that, more and more, those who have not been impacted by molestation and sexual assault are in the minority. Satan certainly knows how to devastate lives. Praise God that there is healing in Him!

Mr.J and DrRe, way to step up and make a difference!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 27 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

[
Aletheia, i want you to know that would have rather never known about any of this stuff, i would have rather that 3abn board would have handle the whole mess differently, but they did not so we are were we are on this, And either we handle publicly inside the church now or has some on forum are calling for it will get handle publicly in the world, which way is better for the cause of God?

Erik W.
[/quote]
Erik, I just have a couple of things to say. I feel your post was heartfelt and not just done to do damage as so many others on this forum have...But I will ask this question because it has been asked before but not answered.
The allegations made against TS supposedly go back 30 years. That would mean that Linda also was aware of them, especially the 20 years she was in the family. TommyS was hired in her department when he moved back to the area from Virginia with her blessing. (I have done my homework) From that time until Linda left 3ABN they traveled together, wrote music together and sang together, on the air and at different personal appearances. The allegations toward Danny on this subject is that he closed a blind eye to his brother's "problem" and "let" him be a part of 3ABN all of this time. My question: If this is all true, Wouldn't Linda be 100% as accountable as Danny? She definitely did not have any problem with Tommy and especially tapping into his musical ability until....he was given her job of production manager after she left.
Comment..Of course Linda's website portrays the long suffering victim because she is the known author of that site. Her venom is spewed by anonymous persona's on this site and her many spokespeople..Think about it Erik. Where do all these people get such intimate information about 3abn and/or the Shelton's. She takes bits and pieces of what she has been privy to through the years and weaves it into incredible accusations and slander. But. she is never held responsible because, it appears, that it doesn't come from her. It doesn't take a genious to see that those that speak for her are being fed when it comes to statements made about the parents of the Sheltons, the grown grandchildren ect ect.
Erik you seem true hearted. Just consider these things
Thanks

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 27 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #88

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 27 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]173214[/snapback]

Cindy, erik, Mr.J, DrRe, I'm liking the spirit of this discussion! I'm liking this discussion a lot!

Cindy, hearing about your betrayal by your husband adds so much more understanding about your perspective on the Shelton divorce. I have to agree with Mr.J that it is probably coloring your view of the situation. Now that you have laid it all out like you have, perhaps you are ready to acknowledge that as well. I know how deep and devastating it is for a life partner to betray you. For me it had a happier ending than yours but it hurt like the dickens as I was going through it. Listen to what Mr.J is counselling. Stay here and fellowship with us, let us lift you up as your sisters and brothers in Christ as you heal. We will be praying for you that you will be able to claim that Peace that passes understanding in spite of the wounds you have suffered.

Erik, you have spoken wisely and straight from your heart. I agree that your "seventhly" point is of vital importance. It seems to me that, more and more, those who have not been impacted by molestation and sexual assault are in the minority. Satan certainly knows how to devastate lives. Praise God that there is healing in Him!

Mr.J and DrRe, way to step up and make a difference!

PB,

The Lord healed me years ago... I was speaking of what I have learned and what i went through in the past tense. You might re-read what I wrote.

Mr J knows me not, and has nothing to judge me on except what I myself wrote, since he conttradicts what I myself said, how can he be correct? And how could you let him tell you about me and base your opnion on his judgment and statements about me?!?

This is a big problem on this forum.

Sad...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Jan 27 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 27 2007, 04:51 AM) [snapback]173134[/snapback]

I am glad in your last paragraph to see you have the integrity to say, if true, for as a people we do need to find out what is true before making absolute judgements, lest we be the ones found guilty of sin.
In the rest, the majority of your post, I have that same exact understanding.

In addition, It is my feeling some have become confused by the difference between a a business like microsoft, and one like the american red cross. Bill gates has alot o money, but who founded the American red cross and what does he have?

I also think some are confused by the severance pay Linda received from 3ABN, and the issue of Marital property division. They aren't the same, and even the separation agreement with 3AN states that.

As far as the Marital property goes, it's really not hard to figure out... Anyone can send for the divorce records from Guam, and any can get the records of the civil lawsuit Linda filed 8 months later in Illinois to receive more.

It's public record. One can't argue with the evidence and facts, at least I can't. :-)

Have a blessed Sabbath Calvin.

Althiea, you are correct in your statements. In looking into the guam situation I have found that the "danny's quickie divorce in guam" is a fallicy. You cannot get a divorce through the mail in guam if the divorce is in anyway contested by the other party. Both signatures have to be on the papers in agreement or the divorce will not even be considered. Records show that Danny & Linda chose to have their property settlement handled in the states which means....that NEITHER party wanted to involve anything that would keep their guam divorce from going through.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 27 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #90

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 27 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]173217[/snapback]

PB,

The Lord healed me years ago... I was speaking of what I have learned and what i went through in the past tense. You might re-read what I wrote.

Mr J knows me not, and has nothing to judge me on except what I myself wrote, since he conttradicts what I myself said, how can he be correct? And how could you let him tell you about me and base your opnion on his judgment and statements about me?!?

This is a big problem on this forum.

Sad...

Cindy,
I'm sorry if I misunderstood your tense. I'm happy that you found healing in the Lord years ago.
PB

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 27 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]173216[/snapback]

[

Erik W.

Erik, I just have a couple of things to say. I feel your post was heartfelt and not just done to do damage as so many others on this forum have...But I will ask this question because it has been asked before but not answered.
The allegations made against TS supposedly go back 30 years. That would mean that Linda also was aware of them, especially the 20 years she was in the family. TommyS was hired in her department when he moved back to the area from Virginia with her blessing. (I have done my homework) From that time until Linda left 3ABN they traveled together, wrote music together and sang together, on the air and at different personal appearances. The allegations toward Danny on this subject is that he closed a blind eye to his brother's "problem" and "let" him be a part of 3ABN all of this time. My question: If this is all true, Wouldn't Linda be 100% as accountable as Danny? She definitely did not have any problem with Tommy and especially tapping into his musical ability until....he was given her job of production manager after she left.
Comment..Of course Linda's website portrays the long suffering victim because she is the known author of that site. Her venom is spewed by anonymous persona's on this site and her many spokespeople..Think about it Erik. Where do all these people get such intimate information about 3abn and/or the Shelton's. She takes bits and pieces of what she has been privy to through the years and weaves it into incredible accusations and slander. But. she is never held responsible because, it appears, that it doesn't come from her. It doesn't take a genious to see that those that speak for her are being fed when it comes to statements made about the parents of the Sheltons, the grown grandchildren ect ect.
Erik you seem true hearted. Just consider these things
Thanks

Bystander, are you saying that the supposed allegations happened 30 years ago or started 30 years ago?

I have to agree with you that if Linda knew of these allegations but, for whatever motivation, didn't act to bring about protection and accountability, she is accountable for any victimization during her tenure at 3abn as well.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church