Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12252&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:43:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More Newbies Coming!, Let's be kind to them and patient ...
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 27 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 27 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]173222[/snapback]

I have to agree with you that if Linda knew of these allegations but, for whatever motivation, didn't act to bring about protection and accountability, she is accountable for any victimization during her tenure at 3abn as well.

PB

Yes, I agree Bystander. Like so many things, they were happening when Linda was there also, not just Dan. Now, whether or not she knew of them may be the deciding question.

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 27 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #92

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 27 2007, 04:52 PM) [snapback]173221[/snapback]

Althiea, you are correct in your statements. In looking into the guam situation I have found that the "danny's quickie divorce in guam" is a fallicy. You cannot get a divorce through the mail in guam if the divorce is in anyway contested by the other party. Both signatures have to be on the papers in agreement or the divorce will not even be considered. Records show that Danny & Linda chose to have their property settlement handled in the states which means....that NEITHER party wanted to involve anything that would keep their guam divorce from going through.

Hi Bystander, i appreciate many of your posts here, but on this I have to ask.

Have you seen the records?

It is my understanding from those records that there was a division of property, and that is how Linda got her part of the house etc.. Guam is under community property law, if you don't agree on a division of property, then the divorce can be granted only as a "contested divorce" and the property issues can be resolved later in another court.

I am still trying to get a copy of the civil case Linda filed in illiinois.

~ Aletheia

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 27 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]173222[/snapback]

Cindy,
I'm sorry if I misunderstood your tense. I'm happy that you found healing in the Lord years ago.
PB

It's ok. and thank you. smile.gif

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jan 27 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Bystander @ Jan 27 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]173216[/snapback]

[
Aletheia, i want you to know that would have rather never known about any of this stuff, i would have rather that 3abn board would have handle the whole mess differently, but they did not so we are were we are on this, And either we handle publicly inside the church now or has some on forum are calling for it will get handle publicly in the world, which way is better for the cause of God?
sincerely in Jesus love for us both,

Erik W.

Erik, I just have a couple of things to say. I feel your post was heartfelt and not just done to do damage as so many others on this forum have...But I will ask this question because it has been asked before but not answered.
The allegations made against TS supposedly go back 30 years. That would mean that Linda also was aware of them, especially the 20 years she was in the family. TommyS was hired in her department when he moved back to the area from Virginia with her blessing. (I have done my homework) From that time until Linda left 3ABN they traveled together, wrote music together and sang together, on the air and at different personal appearances. The allegations toward Danny on this subject is that he closed a blind eye to his brother's "problem" and "let" him be a part of 3ABN all of this time. My question: If this is all true, Wouldn't Linda be 100% as accountable as Danny? She definitely did not have any problem with Tommy and especially tapping into his musical ability until....he was given her job of production manager after she left.
Comment..Of course Linda's website portrays the long suffering victim because she is the known author of that site. Her venom is spewed by anonymous persona's on this site and her many spokespeople..Think about it Erik. Where do all these people get such intimate information about 3abn and/or the Shelton's. She takes bits and pieces of what she has been privy to through the years and weaves it into incredible accusations and slander. But. she is never held responsible because, it appears, that it doesn't come from her. It doesn't take a genious to see that those that speak for her are being fed when it comes to statements made about the parents of the Sheltons, the grown grandchildren ect ect.
Erik you seem true hearted. Just consider these things
Thanks

Tsk...Tsk...Tsk. Bystander, just when I was beginning to change my mind about you from being an Antagonist on this forum to being mellow you change my mind back again. Just my observation and opinion. Not trying to be nasty or rude but want to ask an honest question because I really want to know the answer. Who in this forum is Linda in disguise? How can a person find out? When I found out Linda was gone and I began hearing some conflicting terrible things about Linda and what she was doing I refused to listen to ALL gossip. I only wanted the truth. I was neither pro Danny nor anti Danny or pro Linda nor anit Linda. Sometimes people in this forum make statements and don't follow up with proof. Most of what I have been reading when it came to Danny and what he or bro and Admin have done there have been proof. So far noone has come up with proof against Linda. I asked before for proof before and am still waiting. So please enlighten me. Thank you

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Jan 27 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 27 2007, 10:04 AM) [snapback]173157[/snapback]

The local church is owned and operated by Danny Shelton. Danny pays half of the pastor's salary. The local pastor, John Lomacang, hosts programs and is featured on 3ABN. Lomacang has also referred to Danny Shelton, on world-wide television as God's anointed and compared him to Moses. The majority of the members of the "Thompsonville SDA Church" are employed at 3ABN. I have been a member of this church and believe me, receiving a righteous judgement as led by the Lord, especially if it runs contrary to the wishes of Dan Shelton; has about as much chance as the proverbial snowball in Hell. Don't get me wrong I have faith in the workings of the Lord, but I also have witnessed the "justice" of the 3ABN church and watched Danny pull the strings.

This made me curious. I made some phone calls and inquiries. The church is no more owned by Danny Shelton than is 3ABN. Calvin is correct as he explained ownership of the ministry. Somewhat the same explanation holds true for the church also. The statement that Danny S. operates the church could not be farther from the truth. I was told by several church members that DO NOT WORK for 3ABN that due to his traveling and speaking schedule, that he actually has very little participation in board decisions, church policies, speakers ect ect. I also found that the membership has grown in leaps and bounds and that the non 3ABN employees outnumber the employees that attend there by a good number. Many of these non employees hold offices, are on the boards and so on and so forth. so to say that the church is a puppet with Danny S pulling the strings couldn't be more inaccurate.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Jan 27 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jan 27 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]173228[/snapback]

Tsk...Tsk...Tsk. Bystander, just when I was beginning to change my mind about you from being an Antagonist on this forum to being mellow you change my mind back again. Just my observation and opinion. Not trying to be nasty or rude but want to ask an honest question because I really want to know the answer. Who in this forum is Linda in disguise? How can a person find out? When I found out Linda was gone and I began hearing some conflicting terrible things about Linda and what she was doing I refused to listen to ALL gossip. I only wanted the truth. I was neither pro Danny nor anti Danny or pro Linda nor anit Linda. Sometimes people in this forum make statements and don't follow up with proof. Most of what I have been reading when it came to Danny and what he or bro and Admin have done there have been proof. So far noone has come up with proof against Linda. I asked before for proof before and am still waiting. So please enlighten me. Thank you

So far proof has "not been released" against Linda. Has it ever occured to any of you (I know it hasn't because this would put a positive light on 3ABN) that they have tried to avoid doing that, maybe to the extreme, because of hurting the innocent individuals that are involved. Children, families, friends, ect. I know, on this forum, that would be hard to understand because no consideration has been given to the families of the ones under attack here. I have read on here time and again about all the "trashing" that has been done to Linda by 3abn but could it be that they have kept the "ultimate trashing" under wraps because they have not wanted to sink to that level. What level? As was posted here before, there is no way that certain information could have been posted here without coming directly from Linda. I have been told by people that worked closely with her that certain snippets and pieces of conversation that they had with her alone have appeared here and other places only with lots of fiction added to it.
Many of you are Linda's friends and would not want to hurt her. That makes me wonder about the constant requests and pushing for "proof" against her. Has anyone of you stopped to think that if you "pushed" to far and 3ABN finally found it unavoidable to do anything but show the proof, how much that could hurt Linda and her family. If she was my friend, I would be careful not to do anything that could provoke harm.
I truly believe that you believe in her 100% so think that there is nothing to fear by your proof requests But, no one is perfect and there is always that chance that you are wrong so why push it?

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 27 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]173226[/snapback]

Yes, I agree Bystander. Like so many things, they were happening when Linda was there also, not just Dan. Now, whether or not she knew of them may be the deciding question.

I agree with bystander also. I do not agree with you that there could even be a question. If any of the allegations directed at TommyS. are true she could not have been in the family for 20 years without knowing.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 27 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]173244[/snapback]

I agree with bystander also. I do not agree with you that there could even be a question. If any of the allegations directed at TommyS. are true she could not have been in the family for 20 years without knowing.

But the question would be whether or not TS was gay or a child molester. It could have been spun either way, couldn't it?

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 27 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #97

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

wwjd, I am quite certain that Linda's friends would want 3abn to make public any proof of her wrongdoing. It would certainly settle questions in the minds of many viewers and allow everyone to move forward in a more positive direction.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jan 27 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #98

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Jan 27 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]173226[/snapback]

No, I would have to disagree. Whether or not she had any say in what was done is the real "deciding questions". When one is a member of a family, they play by the rules of the family.... PARTICULARLY if it invovles concealing a "family secret". And especially if the reason for the concealment is to "help" the erring brother..... the "healing broken people" song... remember?

To those who are revealing secrets about their own family "secrets" which have nothing to do with 3abn.... I just have to wonder if you are even dimly aware of the danger you are placing yourselves in by doing so. Just because you are all alone in your room when you type does not mean that you are all alone with the specific person you are addressing.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Jan 27 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 27 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]173255[/snapback]

No, I would have to disagree. Whether or not she had any say in what was done is the real "deciding questions". When one is a member of a family, they play by the rules of the family.... PARTICULARLY if it invovles concealing a "family secret". And especially if the reason for the concealment is to "help" the erring brother..... the "healing broken people" song... remember?

Yes, I stand corrected, WB. If Linda knew about the issue and had any say, which it is apparent that she did not, then she would be as responsible. Absolutely.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 27 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #100

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jan 27 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]173255[/snapback]

To those who are revealing secrets about their own family "secrets" which have nothing to do with 3abn.... I just have to wonder if you are even dimly aware of the danger you are placing yourselves in by doing so. Just because you are all alone in your room when you type does not mean that you are all alone with the specific person you are addressing.

WB, these are both very valid points.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 27 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #101

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 27 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]173244[/snapback]

So far proof has "not been released" against Linda. Has it ever occured to any of you (I know it hasn't because this would put a positive light on 3ABN) that they have tried to avoid doing that, maybe to the extreme, because of hurting the innocent individuals that are involved. Children, families, friends, ect. I know, on this forum, that would be hard to understand because no consideration has been given to the families of the ones under attack here. I have read on here time and again about all the "trashing" that has been done to Linda by 3abn but could it be that they have kept the "ultimate trashing" under wraps because they have not wanted to sink to that level. What level? As was posted here before, there is no way that certain information could have been posted here without coming directly from Linda. I have been told by people that worked closely with her that certain snippets and pieces of conversation that they had with her alone have appeared here and other places only with lots of fiction added to it.

Many of you are Linda's friends and would not want to hurt her. That makes me wonder about the constant requests and pushing for "proof" against her. Has anyone of you stopped to think that if you "pushed" to far and 3ABN finally found it unavoidable to do anything but show the proof, how much that could hurt Linda and her family. If she was my friend, I would be careful not to do anything that could provoke harm.

I too see this as likely, they have pushed so far for this to be handled publically and it appears that there are civil works in the process now from the recent letters posted, and I am thinking that they have got their wish and the truth and facts and evidence are going to be given and they will have their day in court. Strangely though, they are all acting suprised or unbelieving, or outraged that 3ABN would take this to court, at least where Tommy is concerned. Why? don't they want to present the facts? Didn't they want all before the world? It appears they are getting their wish.

wwjd :

In addition Linda was on the 3ABN board and voted with the consensus about the whole issue in regards to Dryden's letter and Tommy.

She seems to be the only one who could have said something, and as all the accusations have come from Bob Pickle, and Arthur Gailon Joy, who are two of her "representatives" it seems she has to be behind all that is going on now...

Note Walt Thompsons letter to Bob who was trying to portray himself as on 3ABN's side:
Subject: Re: Possible way to win 3ABN critics.
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:04:53 -0600

"As I recall the events of 2003, I received a call from Brad Thorp from the General Conference telling me of Pastor Dryden's accusations. Brad appropriately told me that it was not his concern, and that it was ours to handle. As I recall, I contacted pastor Dryden and heard his side of the story following which I received the letter that is circulating. I was at 3abn at the time and spoke at length with Danny about the matter. He shared with me the details as he understood them. Whether or not I was aware of what generated the letter at that time, I do not remember. Based upon my understanding that Dryden had had a long standing feud with Tommy over factors unrelated to the above accusations, it did not seem indicated to approach the boys in question directly, having been informed that no case had ever been filed with the courts or legal disposition made. We then discussed the situation with the full board. Given the alleged events had occured many years before, attempts had been made to make things right, and no legal action had been taken, we did not see any reason to pursue the issue further nor to follow through with his recommendations. In my reply to pastor Dryden I merely thanked him for fulfilling his obligation to us. (I will make this one further comment. Whereas there are many accusations on the Internet alledging that Danny cannot be trusted, I disagree. I have known Danny now since the beginning of the ministry. Now more than 23 years. I have been fully appraised of many of the difficulties that he has faced during that time. While Danny sees things from his perspective, as we all do, he is honest and trustworthy. I have found no reason to distrust his reports to me. Yes, there are occasions when after having spoken with both sides of an issue it has been a matter of he said vs she said, but in all situations where I could know the facts, Danny has proven true.)

Subsequently, after this issue has been brought back to the forefront (I think there is only one person who could have known about this and brought it to world wide attentionm, and that person was then on the board and voted with the concensus) I contacted the only person from the Chruch of God that I could find that knew about the situation, and who had been present and witness to the events. (Accept for pastor Dryden's personal accounts, there are apparently no other records of the allegations) The picture that was painted by that leader of the Church was exactly as portrayed earlier by Danny. Dryden was jealous of Tommy and was out to get him - a jealousy that has continued to the present. I was again informed that the DA knew about the allegations and not finding a basis, refused to act against Tommy."

This is exactly what Bob Pickle claimed Duane Clem wrote to Gailon Joy and himself:

Bob says he got this in his PM, on BSDA, which if true, means Duane Clem is a member there:
Your "informant", Glenn Dryden, is not a credible source of information. ... accusations .... the same reason as the ones he is leveling against Tommy Shelton: JEALOUSY. Glenn Dryden is a spiteful, vindictive backstabber when someone crosses him. He has done this with numerous people over the past several years .... I had to threaten him with legal action myself to get him to shut his mouth.

And supposedly to Gailon, also posted by Bob:
At this time, all I will say is the following: Neither Danny Shelton, nor anyone else associated with 3ABN, directed me to contact Mr. Pickle. I did so of my own choosing when the insinuation was made that ******. Yes, that made me mad. Wouldn't you be angry if ******?

To date, I have never spoken with Dr. Walt Thompson regarding this issue, nor at any other time as best I can recall. I will say that I agree with what the unnamed individual from the Church of God reportedly told Dr. Thompson, but it was NOT me, and I can honestly say I have no idea who it was. That's one issue you can finally put to rest.
---------------------------

The blanks and elipses are Bob's. This appears much different then the new letter supposed to be from Duane Clem. Whatever happened to Dryden? so many here posted questions to him which were never answered...

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Jan 27 2007, 05:26 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 27 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #102

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Aletheia, I am having trouble reading your post #101. Could you please make it more clear what are quotes from others and opinions by you? Thanks.
PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 27 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #103

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(wwjd @ Jan 28 2007, 12:40 AM) [snapback]173244[/snapback]

I truly believe that you believe in her 100% so think that there is nothing to fear by your proof requests But, no one is perfect and there is always that chance that you are wrong so why push it?

Even if you should be 100% right in what you say here above, why was Linda not treated by 3ABN the way Jesus would have done it?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 27 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #104

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Jan 27 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]173265[/snapback]

I too see this as likely, they have pushed so far for this to be handled publically and it appears that there are civil works in the process now from the recent letters posted, and I am thinking that they have got their wish and the truth and facts and evidence are going to be given and they will have their day in court. Strangely though, they are all acting suprised or unbelieving, or outraged that 3ABN would take this to court, at least where Tommy is concerned. Why? don't they want to present the facts? Didn't they want all before the world? It appears they are getting their wish.
In addition Linda was on the 3ABN board and voted with the consensus about the whole issue in regards to Dryden's letter and Tommy.

I have been spending quite a bit of time keeping up with this unfolding saga and I have heard nothing of 3abn taking this to court. I have read the "threat" letter to the Church of God by Mike Riva, if that is what you are referring to. I have also read here on the 3abn forum that now that the asi tribunal has fallen though Linda may be pursuing civil actions.

I, for one, certainly hope that the allegations against Tommy Shelton reach the court venue for the sake of past alleged victims and potential alleged victims.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 27 2007, 05:40 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Jan 27 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #105

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 27 2007, 06:27 PM) [snapback]173267[/snapback]

Aletheia, I am having trouble reading your post #101. Could you please make it more clear what are quotes from others and opinions by you? Thanks.
PB

Sorry, I don't know what happened.. Is it better now, or do you still need a reference or link? smile.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church