Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:11 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 11 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #106

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,087

By the way, Taste Of Health ministry became a 501©3 the end of September. So if anyone is looking for a good ministry to donate to, I would still LOVE to build a cooking studio and get back to work!

Praise the Lord clap.gif

Barbara Kerr
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 11 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]177428[/snapback]

Of course. wink.gif

Now, since you brought it up: Which came first -- the plans to attend the game or the plans to have the church service? wink.gif It is certainly easy enough for Danny to squeeze in a church appearance every time he wants to go somewhere for other purposes. I'm not saying that's what he does; I'm just saying it's easy enough to do.

I'm not sure that the plane, per se, is a biggie. But when you compare Danny with pastors, I think it's legitimate to point out some of the differences in "compensation."

Danny shouldn't have to be compared with pastors. It was some of you that tried to start that a long time ago. Again, Inga, plant the seed of insinuation. What came first the game or church. Again, ridiculous. The 3abn trips are planned months in advance by the Marketing and PR departments. Now when THEY scheduled it do you think they looked to see if there was a game that particular night that Danny might like to see? Get a grip. I happen to know that unless it is an international trip he usually has no idea where he is scheduled to go up until his secretary or GM tell him 4 or 5 days before the event.
Inga your subtle suggestions have become accusations. Your hints of wrongdoing have become seeds of innuendo. It is clear to me and others that hints, innuendo, what if's and accusations are only used when one can't back up anything, that one is saying.

This post has been edited by wwjd: Feb 11 2007, 02:55 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 11 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #108

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 11 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]177448[/snapback]

By the way, Taste Of Health ministry became a 501©3 the end of September. So if anyone is looking for a good ministry to donate to, I would still LOVE to build a cooking studio and get back to work!

Praise the Lord clap.gif

Barbara Kerr

Where do you plan to build the studio? South Carolina?

I found an interesting site, Barb.

It's for the beginner, of course, but it's interesting

http://videoexpert.home.att.net/artic3/271stud.htm

Pete

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

[quote name='inga' date='Feb 11 2007, 11:11 AM' post='177345']
Since you of "Danny's team" made the comparison with "pastors," I figure it's fair to extend it

Members of the GC executive likely do just as much, if not more extensive traveling -- if not individually, then as a group -- and they do not lease a private jet.

Right, because there are too many of them going to many different places at once. They wouldn't have to have one plane, they would have to have 1/2 a dozen.

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 11 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]177348[/snapback]

Danny makes no attempt to hide fact that he uses the jet. My mother told me that he addressed it publicly at his campmeeting. If the donors don't have a problem with it, then way should any of us? Stop or don't start giving money to 3abn if you have a problem with it.

Your simplicity on the subject is beautiful. Since the plane is taken care of by 1 or 2 people that can afford to, no more needs to be said about the struggling "little old ladies" that Inga refers to sending in their money to pay for a plane.
Thank Calvin

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #110

500 + posts
Group Icon

Praise the Lord clap.gif

Barbara Kerr

I was thinking about putting the studio near some location centrally located.

What do you think? happydance.gif

Pete

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 11 2007, 04:48 AM) [snapback]177272[/snapback]

I thought that ADVENTIST TODAY first raised this issue. I thought that it did so prior to the divorce. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Incorrect.

In government and business the employee who upgrades without permission pays for the extra charge. That employee is not fired. The details as to how the employee pays for the extra charge vary according to the rules of the organizaton. But, the result is the same. The employee pays.

As was stated previously, this employee DID NOT. Not only did he not pay he never told administration it had been done, and ,not once, but several times before accounting pointed it out.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 11 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #112

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 11 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]177442[/snapback]

Hi Everyone,

It's Sunday evening here and I thought I would write you all a little note. The sun actually came out today for about three hours, so I took advantage of the blue skies and took my hour and a half walk to the lake and back.

----
Your Friend,
Barbara Kerr

What a wonderful post, Barbara. It is so good to hear from you and hear that you are doing so well. --And From Norway! Oh how I wish i were there. Have you gotten your tongue around any of the Norwegian words yet? 12 degrees F here in Alberta, Canada.

Is there anything that we can do for candida in this country as I have a friend that is in terrible shape with it. If so, pleas PM me.

And I loved to hear about Derrell and his enjoyment of food. We had a student staying with us that was six foot four. He was always hungry!

So have a great evening and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. My father was born in Bergen and Mendal sure sounds familiar. If you have a good map, you might even find Seland. It's north of the junction of 42 and 466.

Blessings to you! -- And do give my greetings to Johann.

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #113

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 11 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]177448[/snapback]

Praise the Lord clap.gif

Barbara Kerr

Congratulations clap.gif and God's blessing on your ministry, Barbara! clap.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 11 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #114

500 + posts
Group Icon

Praise the Lord clap.gif

Barbara Kerr

Barbara,

There are also design consultants who can help, once the plans are mapped out. Here's an interesting one in Great Britain, for example:

Drama By Design, LTD

http://www.dramabydesign.com/tvstudios.html

16 Tawfield, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8YU

Tel: 0845 644 3846
Fax: 0845 644 3847

Email: info (at) dramabydesign.com

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Feb 11 2007, 03:22 PM

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #115

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 04:03 PM) [snapback]177455[/snapback]

Your simplicity on the subject is beautiful. Since the plane is taken care of by 1 or 2 people that can afford to, no more needs to be said about the struggling "little old ladies" that Inga refers to sending in their money to pay for a plane.
Thank Calvin

You twisted my comment into a totally different meaning. That comment was not in reference to the plane!

My comment re the little old ladies was in reference to how Danny appears to value contributions. And this was after I asked whether increased contributions from these "1 or 2 people" (Why don't you know whether it is 1 or two, since you know so much?) accounted for the purported increase of donations to 3ABN, as reported by Danny.

As I said, the word in the pews does not support the idea of increased donations from ordinary people. But the, I guess those don't matter much to Danny.

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Feb 11 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

From the talk in the pews from the churches in my area...the donations are stopping. Too many people are questioning what is going on. The people I know have no idea about what is on the web sites, it is all from what is being said on the "live" programs....

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #117

500 + posts
Group Icon

Hi Barbara,

Thanks so much for sharing this little vignette of Derrell. smile.gif

And may you have a great time at your cooking class tomorrow!! clap.gif (cheering you on)

Inga

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 11 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]177442[/snapback]

I'd like to share a little story with you about how I came to be friends with Darrell Mundall and why I like him so much.

I hadn't been cooking at 3ABN long, when this tall skinny fellow came into the kitchen upstairs where I worked. It was break time and Darrell was searching for something feverishly in the refrigerator. (Whenever I was there cooking, the refrigerator was rearranged and looked about to burst.)

When Darrell finally came up for air, he sighed with delight at finding his Philadelphia Cheesecake Snack. We began talking as he ate, and I couldn't help but notice his passion for food. He described in vivid detail, every gourmet dish he had eaten for dinner the night before. I laughed at his lengthy description of each and every morsel. When he had finished I was truly sorry to see him go. It's not everyday you meet someone with such a passion for food, and flavor, as Darrell.

I liked him immediately and I'm happy that he is still one of my friends. I always enjoy talking with him and I miss seeing him walk into the kitchen for his break. Darrell is a genuinely NICE guy and he doesn't deserve all the flak he has gotten from his ex-family. He's funny and incredibly smart, too! All of us need to remember Darrell in our prayers. I know this time has been hard on him, and I just really think we need to lift him up everyday. Darrell, . . . I think you're a great guy, and I'm happy you are one of my friends!

Well, I suppose I had better go and work on what I'm going to do for my cooking class tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you, and a big thank you for all the sweet messages you have sent to me. Remember to take time to tell someone that you love them today.

Your Friend,
Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 11 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #118

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Feb 11 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]177469[/snapback]

From the talk in the pews from the churches in my area...the donations are stopping. Too many people are questioning what is going on. The people I know have no idea about what is on the web sites, it is all from what is being said on the "live" programs....

This is quite interesting. I hope Danny, et al, are paying attention.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 12 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #119

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 11 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]177529[/snapback]

This is quite interesting. I hope Danny, et al, are paying attention.

Try not to get too excited pb. Sams area church or churches hardly constitutes support from all over the world.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 12 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #120

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 11 2007, 03:24 PM) [snapback]177466[/snapback]

You twisted my comment into a totally different meaning. That comment was not in reference to the plane!

My comment re the little old ladies was in reference to how Danny appears to value contributions. And this was after I asked whether increased contributions from these "1 or 2 people" (Why don't you know whether it is 1 or two, since you know so much?) accounted for the purported increase of donations to 3ABN, as reported by Danny.

As I said, the word in the pews does not support the idea of increased donations from ordinary people. But the, I guess those don't matter much to Danny.

The same words come from you. I guess and it seems like and I heard and it appears. In this short little post you say: how danny "appears" to value..... The "word" is.....I "guess" those don't matter....

As usual wrong on counts of what you think. When you say Word in the pews is....How many pews in how many different areas have you been to. Funny Uncle Sam used that exact same phrase....As I said to him, the pews you have been in hardly reflect the support that comes from around the world. So don't get too excited yet Inga. Word is, that 3abn is still thriving. It appears that you don't like that. I guess that you don't care about all of the people that have become Adventist through watching 3abn. Seems like you are getting faulty information.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church