Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:09 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 03:20 AM) [snapback]177247[/snapback]

I must say this: how many ceo's of an organization that travel as extensively as 3abn don't lease a jet.
Since you of "Danny's team" made the comparison with "pastors," I figure it's fair to extend it

Members of the GC executive likely do just as much, if not more extensive traveling -- if not individually, then as a group -- and they do not lease a private jet.

Of course, it's different for "CEO's of businesses," but 3ABN claims to be a ministry!

As to your other question -- I suppose you're correct in that none of this might have come up at this time if it hadn't been for Danny's booting of Linda. He started the ball rolling with a good hard kick.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 11 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #92

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 11 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]177345[/snapback]

Since you of "Danny's team" made the comparison with "pastors," I figure it's fair to extend it

Members of the GC executive likely do just as much, if not more extensive traveling -- if not individually, then as a group -- and they do not lease a private jet.

Of course, it's different for "CEO's of businesses," but 3ABN claims to be a ministry!

As to your other question -- I suppose you're correct in that none of this might have come up at this time if it hadn't been for Danny's booting of Linda. He started the ball rolling with a good hard kick.

Danny makes no attempt to hide fact that he uses the jet. My mother told me that he addressed it publicly at his campmeeting. If the donors don't have a problem with it, then way should any of us? Stop or don't start giving money to 3abn if you have a problem with it.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 11 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 11 2007, 09:22 AM) [snapback]177348[/snapback]

Danny makes no attempt to hide fact that he uses the jet. My mother told me that he addressed it publicly at his campmeeting. If the donors don't have a problem with it, then way should any of us? Stop or don't start giving money to 3abn if you have a problem with it.

Calvin,

I agree with on the plane issue, I personally do not understand the big deal about, but then again none of my money is being used on the plane either.

Erik

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #94

500 + posts
Group Icon

[By the way, I posted my previous note before reading that Sister had noticed the same aberration.]

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 11 2007, 04:38 AM) [snapback]177269[/snapback]

You claim it was Linda who pushed for the jet, with which I disagree. And if it were true, as you claimed, than why didn't Danny get rid of the jet at the same time he was getting rid of his wife?
Good question. The fact that Danny didn't get rid of the jet the same time as he got rid of Linda demonstrates that blaming Linda for the jet is false.
He had no problem sacking his wife, but it appears the luxury of a jet gassed up and waiting for him in Marion is quite another story. Of course the jet makes it much easier for Dan to make quick trips to Utah to watch his favorite basketball team in person, all on the donor's dime...

Sister

I wonder how many other unjustifiable trips go on the donor's dime?

Is it justifiable to fly the jet to California for a dentist's appointment?

Is it justifiable to fly the jet to impress ah ... "business associates"?

Is it justificable to fly the jet to go shopping in some larger urban center than the nearest towns?

Is it justifiable to fly the jet to entertainment venues?

Just wondering. ... Maybe it is all justifiable because Danny is entitled to such perks, unlike the leadership in our church or those in supporting ministries. (I was going to write other supporting ministries but I personally doubt that 3ABN is currently a supporting ministry. Others may have a different opinion.)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 11 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #95

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 11 2007, 09:29 AM) [snapback]177353[/snapback]

Calvin,

I agree with on the plane issue, I personally do not understand the big deal about, but then again none of my money is being used on the plane either.

Erik

I asked bystander=wwjd=ds what that cost was a month that these supposed "donors" have to pay for such a plane (total espenses). I'm sure this is documented somewhere how the cost is covered? The IRS would certainly want to know as well. I mean, if we are talking in the thousands each month, what donor or two would put out such an amount of money for a plane? Can that be legally donated without any cost to the organization it's "donating" it to? But, since I have not gotten the answer to that question, along with my others in the past couple weeks that have not been answered, I am thinking I probably won't get the info straight from horses mouth. dunno.gif

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Feb 11 2007, 11:39 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Guest_glenetta_*
post Feb 11 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #96

Guests

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 9 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]176699[/snapback]

We can be pretty certain, but I wanted to have Glenetta's statement down in black and white.

And by the way, nw, I did appreciate the rest of your post, but focused on that allegation as I want to see how far Glenetta is willing to carry it.

ralph it appears you are trying to manipulate, OK. I have a choice to believe or not what I am reading. FORGED DOCUMENTS can be floating everywhere. Linda claims she has some. Lets see though that can only happen with Linda, right. No, I don't choose to believe that.

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 11 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(glenetta @ Feb 11 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]177406[/snapback]

ralph it appears you are trying to manipulate,
roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif
OK. I have a choice to believe or not what I am reading. FORGED DOCUMENTS can be floating everywhere. Linda claims she has some. Lets see though that can only happen with Linda, right. No, I don't choose to believe that.

There are documents on the internet already at save3abn. Which ones of these do you consider as forged documents? Please give the URL of each one that you consider forged. That way we can decide for ourselves. I am not interested in any documents that have not been posted.

Once you have them posted, I am hoping we can get back and discuss the fantastic post that Barbara Kerr sent.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

He had no problem sacking his wife, but it appears the luxury of a jet gassed up and waiting for him in Marion is quite another story. Of course the jet makes it much easier for Dan to make quick trips to Utah to watch his favorite basketball team in person, all on the donor's dime...

Sister
[/quote]

I will address 3 things. First of all I said Linda pushed or was for the idea of a plane as much or more than anyone. I did not say it was just for Linda.

You seem to know so many details, what is your source? Whoever it is is repeatedly telling you a small part of truth, but then leaving out the rest of the story that makes all the difference.
The truth is the trip to Utah was a usual 3abn Sabbath trip. Meaning 3abn had the services. Since they were there anyway, they did attend a game, at no cost, that evening because the jazz coach is a personal friend of Danny's. He lives in the same area.
Now that piece of information puts a whole different light on the story.
Sister it is easy for you or whoever feeds you to twist everything by not giving the whole truth. The shame is, that you are willingly doing it whether, for yourself, or someone else.
I have read so many of your posts where you have done this exact same thing but I don't have time to go back and clean all those messes up. That is the "whole" truth.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 11 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]177419[/snapback]

Sister
I will address 3 things. First of all I said Linda pushed or was for the idea of a plane as much or more than anyone. I did not say it was just for Linda.

You seem to know so many details, what is your source? Whoever it is is repeatedly telling you a small part of truth, but then leaving out the rest of the story that makes all the difference.
The truth is the trip to Utah was a usual 3abn Sabbath trip. Meaning 3abn had the services. Since they were there anyway, they did attend a game, at no cost, that evening because the jazz coach is a personal friend of Danny's. He lives in the same area.
Now that piece of information puts a whole different light on the story.
Sister it is easy for you or whoever feeds you to twist everything by not giving the whole truth. The shame is, that you are willingly doing it whether, for yourself, or someone else.
I have read so many of your posts where you have done this exact same thing but I don't have time to go back and clean all those messes up. That is the "whole" truth.

WWJD,

The plane thing is sillyness, but since you mention it so much what would Jesus Do? walk i think?

Just a little humor for you.

Secondly, what the sports thing bothers me personally on a vastly different level, but i am not going to get into that on this topic.

The plane is most likely a good Idea but is it really saving money?

Thank you for the added details that make things a little clearer,

How some added details that will make the reason why in 2003 and 2007 3abn felt the best way to handle the Tommy S. problem was a letter from a lawyer, how some details that will make Tommy's actions look better?

ERik

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #100

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 11 2007, 12:37 PM) [snapback]177356[/snapback]

I asked bystander=wwjd=ds what that cost was a month that these supposed "donors" have to pay for such a plane (total espenses). I'm sure this is documented somewhere how the cost is covered? The IRS would certainly want to know as well. I mean, if we are talking in the thousands each month, what donor or two would put out such an amount of money for a plane?

I can personally think of one or two.

I'm just wondering if those donors are the same ones that made the donations to 3ABN go up(according to Danny) since Linda was fired. Many of us have thought so, since the word in the pews is that many have started to have reservations about donating to 3ABN since Linda was fired.

It's relatively easy for a couple deep-pocketed donors to make up for thousands of small donations -- you know the "insignificant" regular $10.00 and $100.00 kind. As long as Dan has those donors to whom $2,000.00 is small change, he probably doesn't care about all those little old ladies who faithfully sent in their donations to 3ABN each month. The question is whether those big donors are willing to donate extra in the long run in the face of continuing revelations of corruption and doctrinal aberrations.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

[quote name='sonshineonme' date='Feb 11 2007, 11:37 AM' post='177356']
I asked bystander=wwjd=ds what that cost was a month that these supposed "donors" have to pay for such a plane (total espenses). I'm sure this is documented somewhere how the

It has been made clear in other posts that the DONORS DO NOT pay for the LEASE OF THE PLANE. 3abn DOES NOT own it. The expenses are paid for a few that have large pockets and choose to do so because they see the need. As far as the IRS statement you made, again ridiculous. Read my other posts of who all, 3abn has to account to. My goodness, as said repeatedly there are 8 people in the financial department, several of which are accountants, +the licensed chief financial officer. That is not to mention, the auditors, the government, ect. A number of people on this forum are constantly making statements about taxes, and forms and did 3abn do this or that? To say you "underestimate" how things are done there, would be the understatement of the year.
ohhh everybody's an accountant

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 11 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #102

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 11 2007, 02:58 PM) [snapback]177419[/snapback]

Of course. wink.gif

Now, since you brought it up: Which came first -- the plans to attend the game or the plans to have the church service? wink.gif It is certainly easy enough for Danny to squeeze in a church appearance every time he wants to go somewhere for other purposes. I'm not saying that's what he does; I'm just saying it's easy enough to do.

I'm not sure that the plane, per se, is a biggie. But when you compare Danny with pastors, I think it's legitimate to point out some of the differences in "compensation."

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 11 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #103

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

[quote name='sonshineonme' date='Feb 11 2007, 11:37 AM' post='177356']
I asked bystander=wwjd=ds what that cost was a month that these supposed "donors" have to pay for such a plane (total espenses). I'm sure this is documented somewhere how the [quote]

[quote]It has been made clear in other posts that the DONORS DO NOT pay for the LEASE OF THE PLANE. 3abn DOES NOT own it. The expenses are paid for a few that have large pockets and choose to do so because they see the need. As far as the IRS statement you made, again ridiculous. Read my other posts of who all, 3abn has to account to. My goodness, as said repeatedly there are 8 people in the financial department, several of which are accountants, +the licensed chief financial officer. That is not to mention, the auditors, the government, ect. A number of people on this forum are constantly making statements about taxes, and forms and did 3abn do this or that? To say you "underestimate" how things are done there, would be the understatement of the year.
ohhh everybody's an accountant[/quote]

You all really should take better notes on the things you each post....as I recall, your good bud bystander told us in his post on Feb 10 2007
"...Now, having said all of that, the truth is, 3abn does not pay for the"lease" of the plane...They don't own it. One or 2 supportors pay the cost. So lets lay that issue to bed."

I think a donor is a donor is a donor....someone is GIVING money for this jet. You said above "supporters", what is the difference? Donor=supporter??? How you have it documented (now)?
SO, I have been asking you, what is the cost of those expenses that some "supporter" is willing to pay each month? And why do you put quotes around the word lease in your original post?

I wouldn't call my IRS statement rediculous....I think you know better then that.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 11 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #104

Member No.: 2,087

Hi Everyone,

It's Sunday evening here and I thought I would write you all a little note. The sun actually came out today for about three hours, so I took advantage of the blue skies and took my hour and a half walk to the lake and back.

Is there a way to post a picture inside one of these messages? If so, I would be happy to share a picture or two of my adventures here in Norway.

The temperature hovered between 9 & 14 degrees F today. I'm still trying to adjust to breathing in this ice cold air. Half way through my walk I realized that the pop-top on my water bottle was frozen, so I had to unscrew the lid to get a drink. I almost laughted when I realized the water inside had already formed ice crystals. I can honestly say this has never happened to me in South Carolina!

I made my way to the clinic at 3p.m. to be tested. Peter Larson, the Swedish Olympic Cross-Country Skier was also there receiving a treatment. We visited for about 30 minutes while our I.V.'s ran, and this time I was smart enough to ask him for his autograph. He gave me four signed picture cards. Tomorrow he heads off to China for a big race and then Japan next week for a World Championship. If any of you happen to catch the races, be sure to root for him. He's a great guy.

My test results were very good! My candida (yeast) problem that I have struggled with for years, is FINALLY coming under control. For the past five days I have not had to take a single supplement for my candida. I usually swallow handfuls of garlic and pau d' arco capsules everyday. For five years now, I have been tormented with this unrelenting problem. I REALLY NEVER THOUGHT IT COULD BE KILLED COMPLETELY! I'm beginning to have hope for this as well.

The candida die-off symptoms have been much harder to deal with than killing the cancer cells! For two weeks I had headaches and muscle aches everyday. I have felt pretty decent the last several days now. PTL

I'm looking forward to Thursday this week, as my husband will fly over and join me for two weeks. If I'm completely well by the end of the month, I will fly home with him on the 28th. I miss him terribly.

Tomorrow evening I will be teaching a cooking class for a few ladies I met at Abrahamsen's clinic. One of them had overheard me telling someone that I am a vegetarian cook, so they asked if I would teach them how to do it. To be honest, I'm really struggling with what to make them tomorrow. Most every recipe calls for something they don't have in this country. I never realized how much easier the ToFutti company had made my life! roflmao.gif I think I'm leaning towards the Chili recipe in volume two. Did you know Norwegians have never heard of cornbread? I was pretty excited when I found soya-whipped cream in a can, though. happydance.gif Ah, the little things in life.

I'd like to share a little story with you about how I came to be friends with Darrell Mundall and why I like him so much.

I hadn't been cooking at 3ABN long, when this tall skinny fellow came into the kitchen upstairs where I worked. It was break time and Darrell was searching for something feverishly in the refrigerator. (Whenever I was there cooking, the refrigerator was rearranged and looked about to burst.)

When Darrell finally came up for air, he sighed with delight at finding his Philadelphia Cheesecake Snack. We began talking as he ate, and I couldn't help but notice his passion for food. He described in vivid detail, every gourmet dish he had eaten for dinner the night before. I laughed at his lengthy description of each and every morsel. When he had finished I was truly sorry to see him go. It's not everyday you meet someone with such a passion for food, and flavor, as Darrell.

I liked him immediately and I'm happy that he is still one of my friends. I always enjoy talking with him and I miss seeing him walk into the kitchen for his break. Darrell is a genuinely NICE guy and he doesn't deserve all the flak he has gotten from his ex-family. He's funny and incredibly smart, too! All of us need to remember Darrell in our prayers. I know this time has been hard on him, and I just really think we need to lift him up everyday. Darrell, . . . I think you're a great guy, and I'm happy you are one of my friends!

Well, I suppose I had better go and work on what I'm going to do for my cooking class tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you, and a big thank you for all the sweet messages you have sent to me. Remember to take time to tell someone that you love them today.

Your Friend,
Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 11 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 11 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]177425[/snapback]

I can personally think of one or two.

I'm just wondering if those donors are the same ones that made the donations to 3ABN go up(according to Danny) since Linda was fired. Many of us have thought so, since the word in the pews is that many have started to have reservations about donating to 3ABN since Linda was fired.

well if many of you have thought so, that must make it so.

It's relatively easy for a couple deep-pocketed donors to make up for thousands of small donations -- you know the "insignificant" regular $10.00 and $100.00 kind. As long as Dan has those donors to whom $2,000.00 is small change, he probably doesn't care about all those little old ladies who faithfully sent in their donations to 3ABN each month.

How dare you Inga, make such a statement. Wasn't it you who just posted recently not to attack personal characters or relationships with God? Oh let me guess, Danny/3abn is excluded from that suggestion. You have went to far in making your Insignificant 10.00 and little old lady statements. 3abn has survived all of these years because of those sacrifices. When they were existing from week to week not knowing if they could meet any expenses, it was the " little old ladies that kept 3abn going and it continues to be so to this day. They are extremely fortunate that they have some monied people that can step in at times and help out, but it is the mainstream people that willingly give that keeps 3abn running.

You are showing your true colors now, with some of these statements. Bringing up Gailon's supposed 2,000 because it was said he gave a "small amount" of money is again, a "sister" tactic. You just tell a little part and leave out the rest which turns the story completely around.
How much Gailon did or did not give was not an issue until he made it so. He said he had given and raised substantial amounts of money for 3abn. Some just wanted to verify that statement, but, as posted, records shown it was a small amount was given under his name. No where near the 2,000.00 he NOW says was given and also says that "however" it was given HE CAN'T PROVE IT.
If records only show a small amount then that is all 3abn can go on, is it not. If he can't prove he gave 2,000 how can they. The amount shown that he did give, of course, was appreciated. Any amount is appreciated, but he is the one that started the "large sums" of money on his site so why not verify?

The question is whether those big donors are willing to donate extra in the long run in the face of continuing revelations of corruption and doctrinal aberrations.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 11 2007, 02:30 PM) [snapback]177437[/snapback]

You all really should take better notes on the things you each post....as I recall, your good bud bystander told us in his post on Feb 10 2007
"...Now, having said all of that, the truth is, 3abn does not pay for the"lease" of the plane...They don't own it. One or 2 supportors pay the cost. So lets lay that issue to bed."

I think a donor is a donor is a donor....someone is GIVING money for this jet. You said above "supporters", what is the difference? Donor=supporter??? How you have it documented (now)?
SO, I have been asking you, what is the cost of those expenses that some "supporter" is willing to pay each month? And why do you put quotes around the word lease in your original post?
I wouldn't call my IRS statement rediculous....I think you know better then that.

The statments are not different, they are the same. To me, donor and supporter are the same. The facts are the same. The plane is leased, 3abn does not own it, and one or 2 donor/supporters take care of it. There are nothing contradictory about those statements.

And yes, The IRS statements are ridiculous because you think such things are not taken care of in this world wide organization, like, they didn't think of it but you did.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church