Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:15 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
Noahswife
post Feb 13 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #136

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(glenetta @ Feb 13 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]178106[/snapback]

Bk Thank you and I will be praying for your recovery. God is good and He will never leave your side remember that. You have a great personality and fun to be around stay full of smiles.

Glenetta,

Thanks for joining us on the thread. Do you have any ideas regarding the tapes at 3ABN that feature Barbara and she would like copies of? You clearly are familiar with her and her ministry.

I really think we should discuss how we can help her and your input would be appreciated.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 13 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #137

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 13 2007, 05:12 PM) [snapback]178082[/snapback]

Hi Everyone,
This will be short as it is extremely late here in Norway and I need to get to bed. I can maybe give a more detailed answer tomorrow.

In regards to my tapes:
1) I did have a generic written contract with 3ABN in regards to my tapes. Because 3ABN Presents was their 'flagship' program as they called it, ONLY 3ABN could have rights to ownership with those shows. I signed one contract when I first began taping in 1997, and then refused to sign any more contracts regarding ownership, until they forced me to in 2003.

*Every guest that goes to 3ABN is sent a packet with questions and guidelines. You are asked to fill out the paperwork, sign the contract, and return it to the office prior to taping. After my first visit, I would just show up without signing anything and taped my programs.

Finally in the Summer or Fall of 2003, they cornered me, and told me that if I didn't sign the contract, that they would no longer air any of my programs and I would not be invited back as a guest ever again. I signed the contract under protest, but I did sign it -- one more time.

2) I was NOT compensated in any way for creating recipes and taping programs for them. Twice I was given a love offering of $150. It was either the second or third year that I taped there. Once I was given an ink pen as a Christmas gift with 3ABN's name on it.

I was asked to create and tape programs there approximately every other month, all year long. It was like a full time job. I learned a lot at 3ABN and my deadlines caused me to put my cookbooks together. (Taste Of Health, Volumes 1 & 2) I am very grateful for all of the hands-on training I received. I am especially grateful to Bobby Davis who is an outstanding producer and good friend.

I worked for free for seven years. I loved helping others, and I had promised God that that is what I would do for the rest of my life. It was a labor of love and came with its own rewards. Rewards that I tell people, 'are out of this world'! The sale of my cookbooks has been the only means of income to my ministry. www.tasteofhealth.net

3) I have always known that 3ABN would have the rights to my programs. That's the way the cookie crumbles! But everything changed in 2004 when I asked Dan (and Linda) tough questions.

When my cooking programs were suddenly not of any use to 3ABN or Danny, just because Linda appeared on them, it was as if my ministry disappeared over night. In my opinion, their divorce wasn't a good enough reason for the health message I had worked so hard to bring to the world, to suddenly be disposed of.

I personally feel like the Shelton's divorce, and Danny's dislike of me because I refused to turn my back on my friend, IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO LOCK UP SEVEN YEARS WORTH OF HARD WORK! If 3ABN no longer has use for the tapes, then why not let me have the rights and use of my programs? The Lord is the one that called me to labor in this field. He is my master, my friend and my defender.

It just seems to me, that if 3ABN and I are REALLY working on the same side (to win souls to the kingdom), and they have no more use for the programs, then they shouldn't have a problem AT ALL with allowing me the use of these shows to win souls in India and China, and wherever God leads me.

Please feel free to contact the board members, have petitions signed by church members and sent to 3ABN, start an email campaign. Just do whatever it is that God impresses you to do. Every letter, and every prayer sent up to our Father in Heaven helps!

God bless and thanks for rallying behind me.

Sleep tight. Barbara Kerr

Well, on the surface, it appears to me that 3-ABN owns the rights to Barbara's programs, and can do with them as it pleases.

However, that issues may be more complex than I understand. I believe there is a body of law that applies to programs produced for television, in regard to future useage by others. But, that is outside of my reading interests.

So, my only piece of advice is: Barbara, if you wish to learn what legal rights you have you should consult an attorney competent in this area of the law.

On the assumption that 3-ABN owns the rights, the issue now is: Does 3-ABN wish to score a major PR coup by releasing the tapes to Barbars at no charge?

I will suggest that an accomadation could be reached, if Barbara and 3-ABN wanted to do so. That accomodation might be a statement added to each tape that gave credit to 3-ABN, and thanked 3-
ABN for releasing its property to Barbara.

That would be a win, win, situation for all.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 13 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #138

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

Hi Barbara,

I hope you had a good night's rest and are enjoying another beautiful day in Norway.

Whether or not you ever get those tapes back, the knowledge is in your head and what you did once, you will be able to do again.

For the moment, just concentrate on getting well and staying well. The rest will take care of itself in good time.

Blessings,
Ralph

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 13 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #139

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 13 2007, 11:14 PM) [snapback]178144[/snapback]

Hi Barbara,

I hope you had a good night's rest and are enjoying another beautiful day in Norway.

Whether or not you ever get those tapes back, the knowledge is in your head and what you did once, you will be able to do again.

For the moment, just concentrate on getting well and staying well. The rest will take care of itself in good time.

Blessings,
Ralph

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Feb 13 2007, 10:19 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 14 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #140

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Ralph @ Feb 13 2007, 11:14 PM) [snapback]178144[/snapback]

Hi Barbara,

Blessings,
Ralph
I agree 100% with what Ralph said. thumbsup.gif "

As a matter of fact, it will be easier the second time around, and you can even make improvements. smile.gif It wouldn't surprise me if Linda would love to work with you again. Wouldn't that be fun? clapping.gif

This post has been edited by inga: Feb 14 2007, 01:34 AM

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 14 2007, 04:23 AM
Post #141

Member No.: 2,087

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 14 2007, 01:34 AM) [snapback]178181[/snapback]

I agree 100% with what Ralph said. thumbsup.gif "

As a matter of fact, it will be easier the second time around, and you can even make improvements. smile.gif It wouldn't surprise me if Linda would love to work with you again. Wouldn't that be fun? clapping.gif

Thank you Ralph and everyone! I needed to hear that today. Linda and I would love to tape programs together again and there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Yesterday was a real attack day for me. I think something really big is getting ready to happen again. My day started when I woke up with an infection in one of my wisdom teeth, (yes I have such a big mouth I've never needed to have them out -- and don't forget all the extra wisdom I get from them giggle.gif ). By noon, I had a full-blown, candida die-off infection. Shortly after lunch my computer crashed -- I couldn't even get it to turn off.

Then I received a care package from my best friend Claudia. (Remember her from the Food For Thought programs?) I really hadn't felt home-sick since arriving here, until I opened all of her little presents and read her Valentines card. After that, I just felt weepy for hours, and cried at the drop of a hat! blink.gif Oh brother . . . girls!

I was really missing my girlfriends!!!! God is so good though. I got a call from my mom and we talked for a long time. She has been a constant source of encouragement while I've been here. Shortly after we hung up, my good friend called (she cleaned house for Mahamud Ali (sp?) for years). We talked for well over an hour laughing and getting all caught up. Thank you Then my dear sister Linda Shelton called me. I know we talked for over an hour. I cried on her shoulder, and she just encouraged me the entire time. She is so kind and I miss her to the moon and back.

So that was my day. I just kept praising God, even for the seemingly bad stuff. I learned a long time ago that God inhabits our praise.

Hugs to you all.
Barb

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 14 2007, 05:49 AM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

Hello Barb!

A big hug from one of your fans in France. hug.gif I loved your program so much and was very sad when it disappeared. I have been saddened by so many things since: the evil treatment that Linda received (and also many others, as I've been learning), all the bad stuff in 3ABN, and your sickness. But the Lord is good, and His blessings abundant. Good things are happening too and the Lord is taking good care of his children. Glad to see that you found such an excellent doctor and treatment, and that you're in your way to healing. Glad to read your letters, so true and warm, just as yourself. God bless you, sister! You're in my prayers.

Have a very happy Valentine's day! clap.gif

Yours,

Grace

This post has been edited by Grace: Feb 14 2007, 05:51 AM

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 14 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 14 2007, 04:23 AM) [snapback]178196[/snapback]

Thank you Ralph and everyone! I needed to hear that today. Linda and I would love to tape programs together again and there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Yesterday was a real attack day for me. I think something really big is getting ready to happen again. My day started when I woke up with an infection in one of my wisdom teeth, (yes I have such a big mouth I've never needed to have them out -- and don't forget all the extra wisdom I get from them giggle.gif ). By noon, I had a full-blown, candida die-off infection. Shortly after lunch my computer crashed -- I couldn't even get it to turn off.

Then I received a care package from my best friend Claudia. (Remember her from the Food For Thought programs?) I really hadn't felt home-sick since arriving here, until I opened all of her little presents and read her Valentines card. After that, I just felt weepy for hours, and cried at the drop of a hat! blink.gif Oh brother . . . girls!

I was really missing my girlfriends!!!! God is so good though. I got a call from my mom and we talked for a long time. She has been a constant source of encouragement while I've been here. Shortly after we hung up, my good friend called (she cleaned house for Mahamud Ali (sp?) for years). We talked for well over an hour laughing and getting all caught up. Thank you Then my dear sister Linda Shelton called me. I know we talked for over an hour. I cried on her shoulder, and she just encouraged me the entire time. She is so kind and I miss her to the moon and back.

So that was my day. I just kept praising God, even for the seemingly bad stuff. I learned a long time ago that God inhabits our praise.

Hugs to you all.
Barb

Hi Miss Barbara,

I don't know you at all, and I've never seen your cooking program. But I just wanted you to know that I have been blessed just by reading your posts here and learning your background. I am having my own personal battles, but after reading your first post about your walk by the lake I've been coming with you on your walks - hope you don't mind!! smile.gif

I just have something to say about those tapes. When you really stop and think about it, those tapes don't belong to you or to 3ABN - they are the Lord's property. Sure, we can argue about legal rights and who can do what. Regardless of current circumstances, he said/she said arguments and all the other ugliness flying around, you and I and 3ABN and everone here hopefully have one common goal, that being to spread the gospel of Jesus to the world so we can get out of here. Under that umbrella of understanding, it makes absolutely no sense to me why those tapes are being held hostage as they are. From my humble perspective as just an earthly peon, those tapes are yet another tool in the Lord's arsenal for spreading the Word. I am just thankful, as you can be also, that I am not the one who will have to explain to my Lord on judgment day the choice to keep His cooking tapes, His music productions or anything else of His locked up and out of use, apparently simply out of spite.

Blessings to you!! I really do enjoy our walks - please tell me about the next one soon!!! I like to ask for heavenly hugs...so I'm sending one to you.... hug.gif

Snoopy

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 14 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #144

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 14 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]178258[/snapback]

I just have something to say about those tapes. When you really stop and think about it, those tapes don't belong to you or to 3ABN - they are the Lord's property. Sure, we can argue about legal rights and who can do what. Regardless of current circumstances, he said/she said arguments and all the other ugliness flying around, you and I and 3ABN and everone here hopefully have one common goal, that being to spread the gospel of Jesus to the world so we can get out of here. Under that umbrella of understanding, it makes absolutely no sense to me why those tapes are being held hostage as they are. From my humble perspective as just an earthly peon, those tapes are yet another tool in the Lord's arsenal for spreading the Word. Snoopy

Snoopy.

I could not have expressed my own feelings any better (about the tapes or the walks). I too have never met Barbara or even seen one of the tapes.

Do you have friends or family that used to watch her on 3abn? How do you think they would feel about this issue? What do you think we can do to bring this matter to the attention of people? Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Feb 14 2007, 01:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 14 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #145

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 14 2007, 05:23 AM) [snapback]178196[/snapback]

Yesterday was a real attack day for me. I think something really big is getting ready to happen again.

Hi Barbara,
I had to smile when I read the sentence above, because that's the way I tend to think. wink.gif God is good and knows just when we need encouragement, and it seems He sent you some yesterday when you really needed it. smile.gif

I understand you're thinking about what to do for a studio or some place to tape some more cooking programs. If your neighborhood is not too noisy, it would seem that the most practical thing to do would be a remodeling of your kitchen-dining room area. (Hey, I'm a builder's wife and know all sorts of ways to remodel a house. wink.gif ) The main thing you really need, which you may not have in your kitchen, is an island with a cooktop in it. (A built-in oven higher up behind the island would also be nice.) A little vegetable sink in the same island might also be handy. Usually we have our stoves against a wall, and that doesn't work well for cooking demos. You would have to place the island in a position that would leave room for a camera & operator to take the necessary videos. If your kitchen & dining room are adjacent, you could have the "island" at the edge of your kitchen, if necessary, facing the dining room. When it's shooting day, the dining room belongs to the camera man, and you might have to move a bit of furniture. ;-)

Just a thought. You might have to play with a few sketched to see what you can do with your current space, or you might conclude that you need to bump out a wall. The wonderful bonus is that you'd *always* be able to use your camera-ready kitchen. ;-) (The cooktop could be extra, or you could use it as your main cooktop at all times. If you used it all the time, you would probably want a hood coming down from the ceiling, stopping high enough so as not to obstruct the filming.) Studio "sets" simply imitate a real kitchen. How much better to really use a real kitchen!

No more traveling with dishes, cooking utensils and ingredients to do your taping. smile.gif

Best wishes to you,
Inga

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 14 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #146

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 14 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]178292[/snapback]

Hi Barbara,
I had to smile when I read the sentence above, because that's the way I tend to think. wink.gif God is good and knows just when we need encouragement, and it seems He sent you some yesterday when you really needed it. smile.gif

I understand you're thinking about what to do for a studio or some place to tape some more cooking programs. If your neighborhood is not too noisy, it would seem that the most practical thing to do would be a remodeling of your kitchen-dining room area. (Hey, I'm a builder's wife and know all sorts of ways to remodel a house. wink.gif ) The main thing you really need, which you may not have in your kitchen, is an island with a cooktop in it. (A built-in oven higher up behind the island would also be nice.) A little vegetable sink in the same island might also be handy. Usually we have our stoves against a wall, and that doesn't work well for cooking demos. You would have to place the island in a position that would leave room for a camera & operator to take the necessary videos. If your kitchen & dining room are adjacent, you could have the "island" at the edge of your kitchen, if necessary, facing the dining room. When it's shooting day, the dining room belongs to the camera man, and you might have to move a bit of furniture. ;-)

Just a thought. You might have to play with a few sketched to see what you can do with your current space, or you might conclude that you need to bump out a wall. The wonderful bonus is that you'd *always* be able to use your camera-ready kitchen. ;-) (The cooktop could be extra, or you could use it as your main cooktop at all times. If you used it all the time, you would probably want a hood coming down from the ceiling, stopping high enough so as not to obstruct the filming.) Studio "sets" simply imitate a real kitchen. How much better to really use a real kitchen!

No more traveling with dishes, cooking utensils and ingredients to do your taping. smile.gif

Best wishes to you,
Inga

Hi Inga,

You described the kitchen I have designed in my head a hundred times. Right on girl! My husband laughs at me, because knowing what I want, isn't the problem. rofl1.gif

You have great ideas!
Barb

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 14 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #147

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 14 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]178258[/snapback]

Hi Miss Barbara,

I don't know you at all, and I've never seen your cooking program. But I just wanted you to know that I have been blessed just by reading your posts here and learning your background. I am having my own personal battles, but after reading your first post about your walk by the lake I've been coming with you on your walks - hope you don't mind!! smile.gif

I just have something to say about those tapes. When you really stop and think about it, those tapes don't belong to you or to 3ABN - they are the Lord's property. Sure, we can argue about legal rights and who can do what. Regardless of current circumstances, he said/she said arguments and all the other ugliness flying around, you and I and 3ABN and everone here hopefully have one common goal, that being to spread the gospel of Jesus to the world so we can get out of here. Under that umbrella of understanding, it makes absolutely no sense to me why those tapes are being held hostage as they are. From my humble perspective as just an earthly peon, those tapes are yet another tool in the Lord's arsenal for spreading the Word. I am just thankful, as you can be also, that I am not the one who will have to explain to my Lord on judgment day the choice to keep His cooking tapes, His music productions or anything else of His locked up and out of use, apparently simply out of spite.

Blessings to you!! I really do enjoy our walks - please tell me about the next one soon!!! I like to ask for heavenly hugs...so I'm sending one to you.... hug.gif

Snoopy

Dear Snoopy,

Your post tickled me so, and brought a great big smile to my face! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I feel exactly the same way you do about my tapes. That they aren't my property or 3ABN's, but the Lords'. I suppose it is also why I have a peace about not arguing over them. The only emotion I feel, is a deep sadness for the people that are asking to learn about the health message and I am not able to supply their need.

I had to chuckle at your comment about the tapes being 'held hostage'. I always refer to them as being locked up in cooking school prison. When the time is right, either God will move in a powerful way, or He will provide another answer. Either way, I am confident He will provide.

Since you enjoy the walks, let me share another short story with you.

Just before my last trip to the lake I had received some very sad news (through BSDA actually). It completely caught me off guard and felt like a knife in the pit of my stomach. I turned off the computer and knew I needed to meet God at the lake.

I sobbed as I changed into my three layers of clothes and pulled on my hat, scarf, gloves and coat. I cried big, red-headed, crocodile tears for a good 15 minutes before calming down. Big, heavy, flakes were swirling in the sky, . . . as if they had nothing better to do.

I was fretting and fussing with God. I felt uneasy, like everything was just out-of-my-reach, and out of control. I sniffled and kicked snow as I trudged up the hillside. I pleaded with God for favor and for understanding.

I was out of breath when I reached the lake. The sky was dark and matched my inner turmoil. I began to sing songs of praise until my spirits began to lift, and I could hear that still, small, voice. When I turned to leave, God spoke to me and said, `Beloved, haven't I taught you to praise me in all circumstances?'

'Yes, Lord, You have'. I walked through the snow-covered pasture and back onto the path. I began to pray again, only this time I praised God for the problem.

'Beloved, it won't be as bad as you think. Trust Me.'

'Yes Lord, I will trust You.'

My heart became lighter as the Lord brought recollections of past answered prayers into my mind. The snow was powdery and deep and difficult to walk in. As I crested the top of the hill, I paused to drink from my water bottle.

On the left side of the road for a short distance, every tree had been cut down. All but one. It had been topped, and all of its branches removed but two. The two remaining branches looked like arms reaching out. The right 'hand' held what looked like a conductors batton, reaching up, poised, as if it were leading a choir.

I looked directly across the road and saw a grouping of magestic trees. They reached high up into the heavens. I began to imagine that they were singing a concert in the forest just for me. I stared at the trees for a long time, and then wondered, if trees really could sing, what would they sing?

Immediately a Bible verse popped into my head. It's found in Isaiah 55:12. 'For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.' What an awesome day that will be!

When I arrived back at my apartment I opened my Bible and asked God to speak to me from His Word and give me complete peace.

This is what I read.

'For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'

My heart was overwhelmed with joy, as the verse spoke to my need for an answer.

God is so good, folks. Remember to take that special time with Him everyday, . . . not just to talk, . . . but to listen. I'm positive He has something to tell you.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day! Bill arrives tomorrow. welcome(1).gif
Your Friend,
Barbara Barbiegirl Kerr

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 14 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #148

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Barbara,
Bless you for sharing this beautiful testimony with us! God provides us so many blessings in the most amazing ways if we will just keep our eyes and hearts open.

I, too, have a testimony I would like to share on this day that the world has designated to LOVE. It comes, not from God's glorious snow-covered Norwegien countryside, but from a medical facility I had to visit this past Monday.

My heart sank as my doctor filled out the request for an MRI of my brain. I thought about my first experience years before with this daunting machine. I had laid head first inside the narrow tube for only a few scant minutes before my chest began to fill with such pressure that I thought my heart would burst. The panic got so strong that I had to tell the technician to get me out immediately!

"But I have claustrophobia!" I blurted out as my doctor handed me the request.

"No problem," he reassured. "They have an open MRI available".

Encouraged, I took the orders home and quickly scheduled the appointment.

The morning of the test I arrived at the imaging facility full of confidence that I was up to the challenge. After all, I wasn't going to be buried deep in a tube as I had been before. I faced the "open" MRI machine fearlessly as I climbed up the short ladder to the exam table. I calmly noted that the actual opening of the machine was pretty narrow but that there was plently of room to spread out my arms and legs if need be. The technician made me very comfortable, placing a foam support under my knees to keep my back in a proper position for the 30-minute test. My head was cradled in a nice support. I sighed happily that all was going so well.

As the technician prepared to put the clear plastic positioning hood over my head she warned "Since you are claustrophobic it may help to close your eyes as I put this on. "Ha!" I blustered to myself, and defiantly kept them open. As the device clicked into place my confidence dissolved. My power and control were gone. As the pressure in my chest began to build I looked directly into the face of the young technician. "Oh no. I'm afraid this is not going to work. I'm so disappointed in myself."

She quickly removed the hood and suggested we reschedule the test when my doctor could provide me with some strong pharmacological help to relax me. Anxious to get this important diagnostic test completed I asked, "Is there any way my husband could be in here with me?" The tech went out to the parking lot, collected my husband, had him fill out a questionnaire and empty his pockets. In minutes he was by my side, firmly holding my small left hand in both of his big strong hands.

I closed my eyes, the technician clicked the hood back around my head and slowly slid the table into the MRI machine. She showed my husband how to unlock the table so he could quickly get me out if need be. I kept my eyes tightly closed so as not to see the close proximity of the machine's upper surface and focused diligently on the two strong hands holding mine. I knew he wouldn't let go. I trusted my husband. I knew he would take care of me and deliver me from the machine if I could not bear it any longer. I had faith in this man so I was able to endure the close quarters of the MRI machine and the synthesized jack-hammering, buzzing and popping going on above my head as it created an image of my brain. I held on tightly and he gave me numerous reassuring squeezes over that lengthy 30-minute test.

I made it through! It would not have helped to have a stranger stand there and promise that I would be okay. The radiologist could have come in and held my hand and it would not have helped me make it through because I did not know him enough to be able to trust him. I couldn't have faith in him to care enough about me to do as I needed because he did not know me. I needed someone to help that knew me well enough to do what was best for me.

As we drove home after the test my heart overflowed with love for this husband of mine. He didn't chide me for my weakness. He held my hand. He was my power when I had none of my own! I couldn't help but realize that this is how it is to be with our Savior. He knows us better than any loved one ever could. He wants us to be victorious in this test called life. Jesus asks us to place our hands in His and, with the eyes of faith, focus on Him and not the world. He will carry us through!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 14 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #149

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 14 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]178317[/snapback]

Dear Snoopy,

Your post tickled me so, and brought a great big smile to my face! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I feel exactly the same way you do about my tapes. That they aren't my property or 3ABN's, but the Lords'. I suppose it is also why I have a peace about not arguing over them. The only emotion I feel, is a deep sadness for the people that are asking to learn about the health message and I am not able to supply their need.

I had to chuckle at your comment about the tapes being 'held hostage'. I always refer to them as being locked up in cooking school prison. When the time is right, either God will move in a powerful way, or He will provide another answer. Either way, I am confident He will provide.

Since you enjoy the walks, let me share another short story with you.

Just before my last trip to the lake I had received some very sad news (through BSDA actually). It completely caught me off guard and felt like a knife in the pit of my stomach. I turned off the computer and knew I needed to meet God at the lake.

I sobbed as I changed into my three layers of clothes and pulled on my hat, scarf, gloves and coat. I cried big, red-headed, crocodile tears for a good 15 minutes before calming down. Big, heavy, flakes were swirling in the sky, . . . as if they had nothing better to do.

I was fretting and fussing with God. I felt uneasy, like everything was just out-of-my-reach, and out of control. I sniffled and kicked snow as I trudged up the hillside. I pleaded with God for favor and for understanding.

I was out of breath when I reached the lake. The sky was dark and matched my inner turmoil. I began to sing songs of praise until my spirits began to lift, and I could hear that still, small, voice. When I turned to leave, God spoke to me and said, `Beloved, haven't I taught you to praise me in all circumstances?'

'Yes, Lord, You have'. I walked through the snow-covered pasture and back onto the path. I began to pray again, only this time I praised God for the problem.

My heart became lighter as the Lord brought recollections of past answered prayers into my mind. The snow was powdery and deep and difficult to walk in. As I crested the top of the hill, I paused to drink from my water bottle.

On the left side of the road for a short distance, every tree had been cut down. All but one. It had been topped, and all of its branches removed but two. The two remaining branches looked like arms reaching out. The right 'hand' held what looked like a conductors batton, reaching up, poised, as if it were leading a choir.

I looked directly across the road and saw a grouping of magestic trees. They reached high up into the heavens. I began to imagine that they were singing a concert in the forest just for me. I stared at the trees for a long time, and then wondered, if trees really could sing, what would they sing?

Immediately a Bible verse popped into my head. It's found in Isaiah 55:12. 'For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.' What an awesome day that will be!

When I arrived back at my apartment I opened my Bible and asked God to speak to me from His Word and give me complete peace.

This is what I read.

'For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'

My heart was overwhelmed with joy, as the verse spoke to my need for an answer.

God is so good, folks. Remember to take that special time with Him everyday, . . . not just to talk, . . . but to listen. I'm positive He has something to tell you.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day! Bill arrives tomorrow. welcome(1).gif
Your Friend,
Barbara Barbiegirl Kerr

cloud9.gif thank you very much for letting us take those walks with you. Those are wonderful walks.

I only had a small glimpse of your character one time when you were in town doing a cooking class. You had such a sweet dispositon. I could tell at that time that You and Jesus are close friends.

Please keep us informed when you start building your new cooking studio after you go home.

Happy Valentine.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 14 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #150

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 14 2007, 04:11 PM) [snapback]178317[/snapback]

------

Barbara, thank you for sharing that. I don't think it was by accident that you posted it or I read it. Your testimony has given me something to think about as well.

I have been extremely burdened for a 17 year old young lady in my youth group. She really wants to live for God, but she feels pulled in the other direction by worldly "friends" that are hard for her to give up. She has told me this herself. She's into the party scene and away from God right now, but I can't help but believe that God is still speaking to her. I want her to wake up before she gets hurt.

Would everyone who reads this please say a prayer for April? I know this isn't on topic, but I just feel like now is the time to post this. It would be a BIG encouragement to me to see her back in church and living for the Lord. Thanks and God bless.

P.S. to Barbara: Thanks for the updates on your situation as well. I'll be praying for you and your ministry.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church