Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:13 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
Noahswife
post Feb 12 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #121

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

Barbara,

Thanks for your comments about your day there. I hope your post along with those of us that have responded will get and keep this thread back on track.

By the time you read this, you probably have had your cooking school. Can you tell us how it went and what you made?

Also, when you get a chance, tell us more about your vision for the cooking studio. I have been fortunate to take some cooking classes in NY at the natural gourmet institute. Have you ever considered talking to them about being a guest instructor?

http://www.naturalgourmetschool.com/

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 12 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #122

Member No.: 2,087

Hi Everyone,

What a joy it was to read all of your lovely comments tonight when I got back to my apartment! Thank you for all of your great ideas. Panama Pete, I will try to go online tomorrow and check out some of those websites you recommended.

I actually drew up plans to build a studio on our property in August of 2005. That was when we started the paperwork to become non-profit. Everything just costs sooooo much money, though. To build, equip, and run a studio will cost approximately one million dollars. My husband and I have been over every possible scenario. Some have suggested that I travel by plane and tape programs in their studios.

The problem for me trying to put together a series of cooking shows and travelling, is just how difficult it is to cart food and dishes, etcetera, to another state. The planning is simply a nightmare. Lately, I've been leaning towards the idea of expanding my own kitchen and dining room by 20 or 25 feet. I could push out one wall and totally renovate the kitchen to function as a cooking studio. I could also build a small master control room in the added space.

By building the studio into my existing home, I save money by not having to stock a new kitchen with dishes and cooking equipment, as I already own most things needed, and I save by not having to heat and aircondition a separate building. I could rent or lease camera equipment in the beginning, and, . . . and, . . .and, . . . I just get so excited when I start thinking about producing shows again. clap.gif Please join me in making this a matter of prayer. I want to do what God wants me to do.

Two days ago, I received ANOTHER email from someone in India. They have been asking and asking, for several months now, to air my cooking programs on cable T.V. They want the health message. I have also been contacted by some men starting a Christian station in China. China is just now starting to open their doors to Christianity, but they want to proceed cautiously, and they contacted me to see if they could air my cooking programs to help pave the way for the gospel message.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT BREAKS MY HEART TO TELL THESE PEOPLE THAT I HAVE NO RIGHTS TO AIR MY OWN PROGRAMS?! THAT 3ABN REFUSES TO DONATE MY VIDEOS, AND THE RIGHTS TO USE THEM, TO MY MINISTRY? I FEEL LIKE MOSES STANDING BEFORE PHARAOH EVERY TIME I ASK DANNY TO LET MY VIDEOS GO. He either completely ignores my question or he says 'no'.

I came to the conclusion several months back that it is not my job to persuade Danny to donate my videos, that is God's job. God is in control and if I am to have them, then it will happen. His timing is always perfect, . . . even if it is in the eleventh hour!

When I arrived at the clinic this morning, I was told it was going to snow for the next three days. I smiled. I decided to take my walk this morning, as I knew I would be shopping for the cooking class in the afternoon. I didn't have time to walk all the way to the lake today, so I wandered down a quiet road instead. I watched the snow as it drifted slowly to the earth. It moves this way, and that, as if it were all part of a grand ballroom dance. It's dark outside now, but I can still see flakes falling under the street lights outside my window. The little wooded area I walk through each morning reminds me of the forest in Narnia.

I decided to teach the ladies how to make Chili and Cornbread tonight (cowboy food as they called it). I also decided to make the Peanut Butter Pie, an Asian Salad (just made that one up 2 weeks ago), and Sesame Fried Tofu.

They had never eaten tofu before, and after looking for more than an hour downtown Moss, I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to find it. We finally stumbled upon an International Market, and they had silken and extra-firm tofu.

We had soooo much fun cooking together in Lisa's kitchen. There were four of us all together. Everyone had their own little assignments, but we helped each other and I was able to share some of the benefits of living a vegetarian lifestyle. The ladies devoured the food. They were most surprised by how good the sesame fried tofu tasted. It was a lot of fun. Now Bill will have to bring cookbooks with him when he arrives this week. All of the women wanted to buy American measuring cups and spoons as well. Who knows, maybe there is another business for me after all! lol

All in all, it was a great day. I enjoyed my divine appointment and pray that God will keep sending them to me.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. I will try to post a letter every day or so to keep you up-to-date on what's happening at this end of the world.

Blessings,
Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 12 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Barbara,
Your adventure in Norway sounds wonderful! I am so glad that you are receiving both physical and spiritual refreshing.

Although I do not know you and have only seen one or two of your 3abn cooking shows I feel that you are a kindred spirit. I transitioned (abruptly/immediatley LOL) to a plant based diet in 2005 and have had so much fun developing recipes ever since. Yours sound delicious. Guess I'll have to look into adding your cookbook into my collection!

Have you ever thought of trying to get onto Extreme Home Makeover? I've seen them make a beautiful catering kitchen for a woman and her family before. I suppose that would only work if you had a problem residence though. Well, it was just a thought.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 12 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #124

500 + posts
Group Icon

Barbara,

How great to hear that your cooking class went so well. However, I am very disappointed to learn that you have been unsuccessful in getting a response from 3ABN regarding whether or not they will release the tapes of your cooking classes to you.

I wonder if there is anything we can do on your behalf. I wonder if anyone here at BlackSDA or other non-registered readers would we willing to use their contacts to question why 3ABN is failing to allow you to use the tapes they will never use to take your message internationally.

Maybe we should also try an email or letter writing campaign to the board members and make calls. Do you maintain an email list of people that are interested in your work? Have you thought about a petition signed by a few hundred people on your behalf? I can't imagine that some of the major supporters of 3ABN would understand why the tapes should not be released.

I remember reading this weekend a post where the poster complained that not enough is happening to change anything. Maybe we could in a tangible and positive way.

Does any one have any other ideas?

How about some sisters (and a few brothers) helping a sister...... girlpower.gif

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Feb 12 2007, 07:37 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 13 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #125

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 12 2007, 06:24 PM) [snapback]177784[/snapback]

Barbara,

How great to hear that your cooking class went so well. However, I am very disappointed to learn that you have been unsuccessful in getting a response from 3ABN regarding whether or not they will release the tapes of your cooking classes to you.

I wonder if there is anything we can do on your behalf. I wonder if anyone here at BlackSDA or other non-registered readers would we willing to use their contacts to question why 3ABN is failing to allow you to use the tapes they will never use to take your message internationally.

Maybe we should also try an email or letter writing campaign to the board members and make calls. Do you maintain an email list of people that are interested in your work? Have you thought about a petition signed by a few hundred people on your behalf? I can't imagine that some of the major supporters of 3ABN would understand why the tapes should not be released.

I remember reading this weekend a post where the poster complained that not enough is happening to change anything. Maybe we could in a tangible and positive way.

Does any one have any other ideas?

How about some sisters (and a few brothers) helping a sister...... girlpower.gif

nw

There are a couple of important questions here:

1) Did Barbara have a written contract with 3-ABN in regard to her programs? If so, what did it say in regard to ownership of the programs?

2) Was Barbara compensated in any way for her programs? If she was, it is likely that 3-ABN owns those programs, and can do as it jolly well as it pleases.

3) If Barbara was not compensated in any way, and there is no written contract which provides for 3-ABN to own those programs, then Barbara may (?) have ownership rights to those programs. However, that is ownership of content. 3-ABN still might have ownership rights to the physical tape upon which that content resides.

4) If it could be determined that Barbara has ownership rights to the content, she could attempt to force 3-ABN to allow those programs to be duplicated onto tape owned by her, for a fee, of course, and assumning that 3-ABN has not destroyed the physical tape which they may own.

This may be complex.

3-ABN just maybe within their legal rights? If so, and they remain firm, Barbara is quite limited as to what she can do.

Of course, can you immagine the public relations bonus for 3-ABN if Bystander or WWJD were to post the following here in BSDA, tomorrow: "I have checked with 3-ABN and I am informed that they plan transfer to Barbara copies of her programs, along with full rights to use them as she pleases. 3-ABN thanks Barbara for the contributions she made to our programing and wishes her well."

Such a statement would go a long ways to conuteract some of the negative publicity that 3-ABN recieves.

Will 3-ABN do such? Keep posted. This discussion will continue, until they do.

3-ABN just maybe within their legal rights? If so, and they remain firm, Barbara is quite limited as to what she can do.

This post has been edited by Observer: Feb 13 2007, 07:27 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 13 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 13 2007, 07:21 AM) [snapback]177881[/snapback]

1) Did Barbara have a written contract with 3-ABN in regard to her programs? If so, what did it say in regard to ownership of the programs?

2) Was Barbara compensated in any way for her programs? If she was, it is likely that 3-ABN owns those programs, and can do as it jolly well as it pleases.

3) If Barbara was not compensated in any way, and there is no written contract which provides for 3-ABN to own those programs, then Barbara may (?) have ownership rights to those programs. However, that is ownership of content. 3-ABN still might have ownership rights to the physical tape upon which that content resides.

4) If it could be determined that Barbara has ownership rights to the content, she could attempt to force 3-ABN to allow those programs to be duplicated onto tape owned by her, for a fee, of course, and assumning that 3-ABN has not destroyed the physical tape which they may own.

This may be complex.

Thank you observer for all of those observations. I am sure that 3abn's board of business people and their attorneys have never looked into the legalities of where they stand on programs such as Barbara's. It is kind of you to help them out

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 13 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 13 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]177976[/snapback]

Thank you observer for all of those observations. I am sure that 3abn's board of business people and their attorneys have never looked into the legalities of where they stand on programs such as Barbara's. It is kind of you to help them out

WWJD: You seem to have missed the point again. I am not giving 3-ABN any advice. I am telling people here that 3-ABN may have a legal right to refuse to provide Barbara with copies of her programs. I am also making a public statement that it would be a clear positive step in public relations is 3-ABN would do so.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 13 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #128

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 13 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]177976[/snapback]

WWJD,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread.

IMO observer was trying to provide anyone interested in this topic with some information about possible issues surrounding the ownership of the tapes.

You would be better served to refrain from sarcasm and give us your opinion on whether you see any benefit to 3abn in keeping the cooking tapes or whether you agree with observer's comments about the great PR that could enure to the benefit of 3abn if they were to donate them to Ms. Kerr so she could continue to take her ministry of the health message to those that are requesting it.

Give an opinion and don't attack the poster please.

nw

Also, as you have indicated that you have information on many of the topics discussed in the 3ABN section here at BlackSDA, can you tell us if Ms. Kerr has ever received an official answer to her request after all this time, and if not, why has she not been given one?

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Feb 13 2007, 12:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 13 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #129

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 13 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]177881[/snapback]

This may be complex.

Of course, can you immagine the public relations bonus for 3-ABN if Bystander or WWJD were to post the following here in BSDA, tomorrow: "I have checked with 3-ABN and I am informed that they plan transfer to Barbara copies of her programs, along with full rights to use them as she pleases. 3-ABN thanks Barbara for the contributions she made to our programing and wishes her well."

Such a statement would go a long ways to conuteract some of the negative publicity that 3-ABN recieves.

Will 3-ABN do such? Keep posted. This discussion will continue, until they do.

Hi Everyone,
This will be short as it is extremely late here in Norway and I need to get to bed. I can maybe give a more detailed answer tomorrow.

In regards to my tapes:
1) I did have a generic written contract with 3ABN in regards to my tapes. Because 3ABN Presents was their 'flagship' program as they called it, ONLY 3ABN could have rights to ownership with those shows. I signed one contract when I first began taping in 1997, and then refused to sign any more contracts regarding ownership, until they forced me to in 2003.

*Every guest that goes to 3ABN is sent a packet with questions and guidelines. You are asked to fill out the paperwork, sign the contract, and return it to the office prior to taping. After my first visit, I would just show up without signing anything and taped my programs.

Finally in the Summer or Fall of 2003, they cornered me, and told me that if I didn't sign the contract, that they would no longer air any of my programs and I would not be invited back as a guest ever again. I signed the contract under protest, but I did sign it -- one more time.

2) I was NOT compensated in any way for creating recipes and taping programs for them. Twice I was given a love offering of $150. It was either the second or third year that I taped there. Once I was given an ink pen as a Christmas gift with 3ABN's name on it.

I was asked to create and tape programs there approximately every other month, all year long. It was like a full time job. I learned a lot at 3ABN and my deadlines caused me to put my cookbooks together. (Taste Of Health, Volumes 1 & 2) I am very grateful for all of the hands-on training I received. I am especially grateful to Bobby Davis who is an outstanding producer and good friend.

I worked for free for seven years. I loved helping others, and I had promised God that that is what I would do for the rest of my life. It was a labor of love and came with its own rewards. Rewards that I tell people, 'are out of this world'! The sale of my cookbooks has been the only means of income to my ministry. www.tasteofhealth.net

3) I have always known that 3ABN would have the rights to my programs. That's the way the cookie crumbles! But everything changed in 2004 when I asked Dan (and Linda) tough questions.

When my cooking programs were suddenly not of any use to 3ABN or Danny, just because Linda appeared on them, it was as if my ministry disappeared over night. In my opinion, their divorce wasn't a good enough reason for the health message I had worked so hard to bring to the world, to suddenly be disposed of.

I personally feel like the Shelton's divorce, and Danny's dislike of me because I refused to turn my back on my friend, IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO LOCK UP SEVEN YEARS WORTH OF HARD WORK! If 3ABN no longer has use for the tapes, then why not let me have the rights and use of my programs? The Lord is the one that called me to labor in this field. He is my master, my friend and my defender.

It just seems to me, that if 3ABN and I are REALLY working on the same side (to win souls to the kingdom), and they have no more use for the programs, then they shouldn't have a problem AT ALL with allowing me the use of these shows to win souls in India and China, and wherever God leads me.

Please feel free to contact the board members, have petitions signed by church members and sent to 3ABN, start an email campaign. Just do whatever it is that God impresses you to do. Every letter, and every prayer sent up to our Father in Heaven helps!

God bless and thanks for rallying behind me.

Sleep tight. Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
Guest_glenetta_*
post Feb 13 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #130

Guests

[quote name='Barbara Kerr' date='Feb 13 2007, 06:12 PM' post='178082']
Hi Everyone,
This will be short as it is extremely late here in Norway and I need to get to bed. I can maybe give a more detailed answer tomorrow.

Barbara I am so glad that you are getting treatment. Tell me how did you get into see the doctor so fast? Johann said there was a years waiting list. I wish Johann's wife would have gotten the success that you are getting. Is this the same treatment that the Doc gave his wife, I understand that she had cancer also?

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 13 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

Glenetta, I hope you are not saying what I think you're saying. (or insinuating)

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 13 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

Glenetta, if you have read Barbara's previous posts, you will recall this treatment is a VERY recent discovery and Barbara is only the third patient that has received it. Obviously this treatment was not available at the time that Johann's wife was in the final stages of cancer. This procedure is still in the early research stages. Praise God for the opportunity that He gave Barbara to be a research subject.

Sister

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 13 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #133

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

Barbara I am so glad that you are getting treatment. Tell me how did you get into see the doctor so fast? Johann said there was a years waiting list.

How is that relevant to the discussion of the tapes? No... wait... lemme guess... Johann and Linda must have conspired to get her in, possibly ahead of people who had been waiting months?

Just trying to cut to the chase...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 13 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #134

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 5 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]175651[/snapback]

Linda Shelton encouraged me to see the Norwegian doctor (Arild Abrahamsen) that had treated her son. They call him the Miracle Doctor here in Norway. He also treats many famous European athletes from every sport imaginable. Just Wednesday I was sitting next to two young men from Sweden that were Olympic cross country skiers. One was named Peter Larson and the other Mat (something). I asked them all kinds of questions about what it's really like to train for the Olympics everyday. I also asked them why they come here. They smiled and said that no matter what their problem, virus or broken bone, the healing time with this treatment was less than half and they couldn't afford downtime.

The Swedish Olympic trainer came to see Dr. Abrahamsen a few days ago and asked him if he would treat and monitor his entire team during training. Dr. Abrahamsen is so swamped with patients, he has a one-year waiting list to be seen as a new patient. He’s not even sure he will take on the Olympic cross-country ski team.

I decided at Linda’s prompting to go to Norway before undergoing the knife. There are several reasons why I came to this doctor to be treated, but honestly, at the end of the day the entire thing was one great, big, divine appointment.

Dr. Abrahamsen (a general practice doc for 30+ years) got tired of treating sickness and wanted to be a wellness doc. About 15 years ago he was trained with new technology. He was also a friend of a friend. I had never met him before and was actually a bit leery of him.

At the exact same time I was really feeling sick and starting to go see specialists (oct/nov), Abrahamsen came across a newspaper article written by researchers stating that they had found an enzyme that was present in every cancer cell, no matter the type of cancer. The enzyme is called `CASPASE - 3`. Anyways, the scientists speculated that if they could find a way to activate this de-activated enzyme, they thought the body would rid itself of cancer.

Doctor Abrahamsen completely agreed. He immediately set to work, and within a short period of time, he found a combination of remedies that would activate the enzyme.

This doctor's brother has had Hogkins or non-hogkins for 3 or 4 years now. He was one of the first people treated in November. After one week of treatment he was cancer free. I know of one more patient, a lady who came to him with bloody discharge from her breast and breast cancer. She was cancer free after 6 treatments.

The theory the scientists came up with seems to work! Only no one knows about this discovery yet because it's still so new.

I am the third person (in the world) that has received this therapy. The really great thing is that it's not drugs like chemo and radiation. I feel so much better too! And I get to keep my red hair and my immune system gets stronger, not weaker.

Last week I asked the doc if he was excited about this discovery and what it could mean to the world? He said it was much too early to be excited about it, because it would require a lot more testing on patients with different kinds of cancer to see how it would work. He also didn’t think it would work well on patients with brain tumors, due to the blood-brain-barrier, but he hasn’t treated anyone with a brain tumor yet to see how they respond to it. He won’t be making any claims anytime soon. (Although I feel a Nobel Prize coming on – for him, not for me) LOL- laugh out loud
I personally think this discovery is exciting. I just want to burst with the news. To be honest though, I wasn’t going to share this story with the public, because it was, once again, so personal. Then two days ago God really dealt with me harshly, and kept bringing me to Esther chapter 4, verse 14. ‘`For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?’’

I wasn’t sure what to think of Arild Abrahamsen before I met him. I would liken Abrahamsen in character, to that of Mark Finley or Doug Bachelor! I’m not afraid of him anymore, or leery, . . . I'm proud to call him a friend, and consider him one of the greatest doctors I have had the privilege of meeting.

I'm not the sickest person in the U.S., and yet Gods' timing with this cure is so incredible! I have moments of feeling guilty. I feel the Lord's hand over me, under me, and around me, everywhere I go.

There is a purpose for me here in this foreign land and I continue to pray that God will use my life in a mighty and powerful way to help others receive life.

All my love from Norway,

Barb

I hope this answers your questions Glenetta. It would have been wonderful if Abrahamson would have discovered this in time to cure Irmgard and his wife. Although, if I'm not mistaken, his wife died of a lung disease, not cancer. I would have to ask him to be sure.

BK

+Quote Post
Guest_glenetta_*
post Feb 13 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #135

Guests

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 13 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]178101[/snapback]

I hope this answers your questions Glenetta. It would have been wonderful if Abrahamson would have discovered this in time to cure Irmgard and his wife. Although, if I'm not mistaken, his wife died of a lung disease, not cancer. I would have to ask him to be sure.

BK

Bk Thank you and I will be praying for your recovery. God is good and He will never leave your side remember that. You have a great personality and fun to be around stay full of smiles.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church