Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:17 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
PeacefulBe
post Feb 14 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #151

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Duane, I will pray for April. We have assurance in 1John 5:16, that if we ask God, He will give life to those who are sinning because we have asked! Pretty awesome, isn't it!

PB

BTW, your new avatar is, um, odd. I got a giggle.gif out of wwjd's latest quote.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Feb 14 2007, 11:29 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inga
post Feb 15 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #152

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

Barbara,

It is quite evident that you have a gift for writing as well as cooking. A couple of your posts here (including the one below) would be excellent in a devotional book.

Have you thought of translating your experiences into a devotional book? Since a devotional book implies individual page-long articles, perhaps you might prefer to write an inspirational book. This could include your cooking school experiences at 3ABN, your home experiences, your battle with cancer. etc. A bit of humor in appropriate places does wonders, and you seem to have a nice sense of humor.

Since you seem to have a computer where you are, you could get started right now. Be sure to save the little devotional below and also retrieve your description of the earlier walk.

There. You've at least got part of your book. That wasn't hard, was it? biggrin.gif

Blessings,
Inga

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Feb 14 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]178317[/snapback]

Just before my last trip to the lake I had received some very sad news (through BSDA actually). It completely caught me off guard and felt like a knife in the pit of my stomach. I turned off the computer and knew I needed to meet God at the lake.

I sobbed as I changed into my three layers of clothes and pulled on my hat, scarf, gloves and coat. I cried big, red-headed, crocodile tears for a good 15 minutes before calming down. Big, heavy, flakes were swirling in the sky, . . . as if they had nothing better to do.

I was fretting and fussing with God. I felt uneasy, like everything was just out-of-my-reach, and out of control. I sniffled and kicked snow as I trudged up the hillside. I pleaded with God for favor and for understanding.

I was out of breath when I reached the lake. The sky was dark and matched my inner turmoil. I began to sing songs of praise until my spirits began to lift, and I could hear that still, small, voice. When I turned to leave, God spoke to me and said, `Beloved, haven't I taught you to praise me in all circumstances?'

'Yes, Lord, You have'. I walked through the snow-covered pasture and back onto the path. I began to pray again, only this time I praised God for the problem.

'Beloved, it won't be as bad as you think. Trust Me.'

'Yes Lord, I will trust You.'

My heart became lighter as the Lord brought recollections of past answered prayers into my mind. The snow was powdery and deep and difficult to walk in. As I crested the top of the hill, I paused to drink from my water bottle.

On the left side of the road for a short distance, every tree had been cut down. All but one. It had been topped, and all of its branches removed but two. The two remaining branches looked like arms reaching out. The right 'hand' held what looked like a conductors batton, reaching up, poised, as if it were leading a choir.

I looked directly across the road and saw a grouping of magestic trees. They reached high up into the heavens. I began to imagine that they were singing a concert in the forest just for me. I stared at the trees for a long time, and then wondered, if trees really could sing, what would they sing?

Immediately a Bible verse popped into my head. It's found in Isaiah 55:12. 'For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.' What an awesome day that will be!

When I arrived back at my apartment I opened my Bible and asked God to speak to me from His Word and give me complete peace.

This is what I read.

'For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'

My heart was overwhelmed with joy, as the verse spoke to my need for an answer.

God is so good, folks. Remember to take that special time with Him everyday, . . . not just to talk, . . . but to listen. I'm positive He has something to tell you.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day! Bill arrives tomorrow. welcome(1).gif
Your Friend,
Barbara Barbiegirl Kerr

Dear PB,

Thank you for sharing this moving testimony! Maybe you should be thinking about writing a book too? I suggest at least submitting this to the Review for publicaition. You could probably leave it as it is, beginning with, "My heart sank ..."

Inga smile.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 14 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]178322[/snapback]

Barbara,
Bless you for sharing this beautiful testimony with us! God provides us so many blessings in the most amazing ways if we will just keep our eyes and hearts open.

I, too, have a testimony I would like to share on this day that the world has designated to LOVE. It comes, not from God's glorious snow-covered Norwegien countryside, but from a medical facility I had to visit this past Monday.

My heart sank as my doctor filled out the request for an MRI of my brain. I thought about my first experience years before with this daunting machine. I had laid head first inside the narrow tube for only a few scant minutes before my chest began to fill with such pressure that I thought my heart would burst. The panic got so strong that I had to tell the technician to get me out immediately!

"But I have claustrophobia!" I blurted out as my doctor handed me the request.

"No problem," he reassured. "They have an open MRI available".

Encouraged, I took the orders home and quickly scheduled the appointment.

The morning of the test I arrived at the imaging facility full of confidence that I was up to the challenge. After all, I wasn't going to be buried deep in a tube as I had been before. I faced the "open" MRI machine fearlessly as I climbed up the short ladder to the exam table. I calmly noted that the actual opening of the machine was pretty narrow but that there was plently of room to spread out my arms and legs if need be. The technician made me very comfortable, placing a foam support under my knees to keep my back in a proper position for the 30-minute test. My head was cradled in a nice support. I sighed happily that all was going so well.

As the technician prepared to put the clear plastic positioning hood over my head she warned "Since you are claustrophobic it may help to close your eyes as I put this on. "Ha!" I blustered to myself, and defiantly kept them open. As the device clicked into place my confidence dissolved. My power and control were gone. As the pressure in my chest began to build I looked directly into the face of the young technician. "Oh no. I'm afraid this is not going to work. I'm so disappointed in myself."

She quickly removed the hood and suggested we reschedule the test when my doctor could provide me with some strong pharmacological help to relax me. Anxious to get this important diagnostic test completed I asked, "Is there any way my husband could be in here with me?" The tech went out to the parking lot, collected my husband, had him fill out a questionnaire and empty his pockets. In minutes he was by my side, firmly holding my small left hand in both of his big strong hands.

I closed my eyes, the technician clicked the hood back around my head and slowly slid the table into the MRI machine. She showed my husband how to unlock the table so he could quickly get me out if need be. I kept my eyes tightly closed so as not to see the close proximity of the machine's upper surface and focused diligently on the two strong hands holding mine. I knew he wouldn't let go. I trusted my husband. I knew he would take care of me and deliver me from the machine if I could not bear it any longer. I had faith in this man so I was able to endure the close quarters of the MRI machine and the synthesized jack-hammering, buzzing and popping going on above my head as it created an image of my brain. I held on tightly and he gave me numerous reassuring squeezes over that lengthy 30-minute test.

I made it through! It would not have helped to have a stranger stand there and promise that I would be okay. The radiologist could have come in and held my hand and it would not have helped me make it through because I did not know him enough to be able to trust him. I couldn't have faith in him to care enough about me to do as I needed because he did not know me. I needed someone to help that knew me well enough to do what was best for me.

As we drove home after the test my heart overflowed with love for this husband of mine. He didn't chide me for my weakness. He held my hand. He was my power when I had none of my own! I couldn't help but realize that this is how it is to be with our Savior. He knows us better than any loved one ever could. He wants us to be victorious in this test called life. Jesus asks us to place our hands in His and, with the eyes of faith, focus on Him and not the world. He will carry us through!

PB

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 15 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #153

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Inga, thank you. The actual story begins as you suggested. I was going to put a line between my comments and the story but didn't.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
daylily
post Feb 15 2007, 07:19 AM
Post #154

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

Barb and PB, I agree with INga 100%!

Duane, I will also pray for April. Your avatar troubles me. You doing OK?

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 15 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #155

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

BK and PB, thank you for your testimonies. God bless you!!! smile.gif

Duane, I'm praying for April, that He strengths her and helps her take the right decision to turn her heart to the Lord. And that He protects her from danger while she struggles.

I hope you're not feeling like your avatar, Duane! sad.gif

Blessings to all,

Grace

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Feb 15 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #156

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 14 2007, 10:23 PM) [snapback]178373[/snapback]

I have been extremely burdened for a 17 year old young lady in my youth group. She really wants to live for God, but she feels pulled in the other direction by worldly "friends" that are hard for her to give up. She has told me this herself. She's into the party scene and away from God right now, but I can't help but believe that God is still speaking to her. I want her to wake up before she gets hurt.

Would everyone who reads this please say a prayer for April? I know this isn't on topic, but I just feel like now is the time to post this. It would be a BIG encouragement to me to see her back in church and living for the Lord. Thanks and God bless.

Dear Duane:

April will be in my prayers. For such a long time I was angry with God and couldn't really pray in a meaningful way. The only thing I could manage to say was: "I'm here God. Don't let go." Maybe this would help April, too.

I am in a totally different place now as I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, but I know that God is looking out for me in so many ways. I was told I had a lymphoma in my right lung. He provided the strength for me to finally agree to a modified chemotherapy treatment just before Thanksgiving and in January when I saw my oncologist, he told me that the lymphoma was almost completely gone. God cares for us and will always help us through our problems if we will let Him.

God bless you, Duane, for keeping us updated on your current journey. You give us all courage that things will eventually work out to God's Name and Glory.

JT

+Quote Post
jodi
post Feb 23 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #157

Member No.: 552

Dear Barbara:
I have so enjoyed your posts, keeping us up to date on not only your recovery, but your walks in the snow to the lake. How beautiful it must be there at this time of year! It makes me want to come and stoll along with you, soaking up God's canvas of beauty as only He can paint for our enjoyment. I'll be looking forward to seeing some pictures if you can post them for us, perhaps on your web site when you return home. Just know we are praying for your complete recovery as you spend these few weeks in Norway and also know, you are loved and missed by us all!! happydance.gif

Jodi

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #158

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(jodi @ Feb 23 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]180195[/snapback]

Dear Barbara:
I have so enjoyed your posts, keeping us up to date on not only your recovery, but your walks in the snow to the lake. How beautiful it must be there at this time of year! It makes me want to come and stoll along with you, soaking up God's canvas of beauty as only He can paint for our enjoyment. I'll be looking forward to seeing some pictures if you can post them for us, perhaps on your web site when you return home. Just know we are praying for your complete recovery as you spend these few weeks in Norway and also know, you are loved and missed by us all!! happydance.gif

Jodi

I have a good notion that Barb is experiencing a new honeymoon these days since we do not hear from her. And there is a lot more snow in that part of Norway than usual.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 25 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #159

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Barbara Kerr comes across as a very genuine person, and wrote a very stunning letter. Thank God she had the courage.

By their fruits shall ye know them.

Many of you are probably familiar with Barbara Kerr's website, seeing she's had 25K visitors at http://www.tasteofhealth.net/ I'm kind of new here, so still discovering. It would be nice if her and Linda could do daily online programs somehow. The internet is far more wide-reaching than TV. Her cooking program was one of mom's favorites. Now mom's thinking of transferring her very nice donation plans to taste-of-health.

I see one of Barbara's links says...
    Copyright © 2007, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 28 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #160

Member No.: 2,087

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 25 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]180604[/snapback]

Barbara Kerr comes across as a very genuine person, and wrote a very stunning letter. Thank God she had the courage.

By their fruits shall ye know them.

Many of you are probably familiar with Barbara Kerr's website, seeing she's had 25K visitors at http://www.tasteofhealth.net/ I'm kind of new here, so still discovering. It would be nice if her and Linda could do daily online programs somehow. The internet is far more wide-reaching than TV. Her cooking program was one of mom's favorites. Now mom's thinking of transferring her very nice donation plans to taste-of-health.

I see one of Barbara's links says...
    Copyright © 2007, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists

Hi Everyone (again),

It has been two long weeks since I've been able to post and I've missed writing to you each day!

First I want to say, 'thanks Laurence', and I agree with you that there are definitely ways to take advantage of the internet that I am not using. I NEED HELP WITH TECHNOLOGY!! doh.gif

I had to laugh at Johann's note about the honeymoon. It has been soooooooooo great to have Bill here for two weeks. We have gone for several long walks since his arrival. Just yesterday he was calling me a slave driver, because I wouldn't let him take the shortcut back to the apartment. The vacation has been so good for him. He is a work-aholic-type-A kind of guy. He needed Norway as much as I did.

Unfortunately, due to my treatments for parasites, candida, fungus, etcetera, . . . I was given strict instructions not to even kiss my husband. Boo hoo for me! Two months is a long time to not see your spouse, . . . especially when he's as cute as Bill!

All day I've been trying to keep myself busy so I won't think about being left behind. For hours I've been trying to swallow the lump in my throat, but it continues to keep me on the verge of tears. I was supposed to fly home today with Bill, but instead he left for home this morning without me.

I was continuing to suffer, with what I had always self-diagnosed, as candida problems. My candida numbers were getting close to zero, but my symptoms were still as bad as they ever were. Finally, this past Sunday we decided to re-test and look for another possible culprit. I tested at a 30 (that's bad) for 'animal bourn parasites'. We changed the treatment and I just completed the third day. I'm already feeling relief and happy that we are on the right track.

This does, however, mean that I will be here longer. Right now, I am planning on flying home on April 4th. I know God has a reason for extending my stay in this beautiful country, so I will continue to praise Him.

Tomorrow, I decided to go look at a sanitarium located 30 minutes from the clinic in Moss. I'm not really sure why I'm going to look at it, but I am. I don't even know if it's for sale. I just have been feeling a burden for cancer patients lately. A burden that just continues to grow with each passing day. It's sometimes tough when you want to save the entire world, but don't exactly know where to start. uhm.gif

God says that our footsteps are numbered and I believe that. Wintley Phipps says that our destiny is not what is inevitable, . . . but what is possible! I believe that too. Take initiative. That's what the pastor here preached about, and I can't get his message out of my mind. Please continue to keep me in your prayers everyone, . . . and write to me when you have time, I love your letters.

I must go get ready for bed now. Pray for opened or closed doors with the sanitarium, and for wisdom.

God bless you all,
Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 28 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #161

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

Someone else told me of your dreams of a sanatorium. It seems impossible, and yet, who knows? With God nothing is impossible.

Wouldn't that be wonderful if all of this mess that is engulfing us would result in a new breakthrough in SDA health work?

With your enthusiasm, Barb, and all of your present and future supporters - what a possibility!!!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Feb 28 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #162

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 28 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]181289[/snapback]

Someone else told me of your dreams of a sanatorium. It seems impossible, and yet, who knows? With God nothing is impossible.

Wouldn't that be wonderful if all of this mess that is engulfing us would result in a new breakthrough in SDA health work?

With your enthusiasm, Barb, and all of your present and future supporters - what a possibility!!!

Do you really think I could learn to speak Norwegian??? ha

After 2 months I thought I would know more and I feel like I know practically nothing. doh.gif

I suppose that comes with time and a good teacher.

Barb

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 28 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #163

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

(salty tear wells up in eye)

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
justme
post Mar 1 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #164

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,056

Barb,

Who knows but that your "new middle name" may be "Joseph" oops, "Josephine", or even "Esther". God is already using your ministry. We will be $upporting your ministry a$ well.

It is about TIME! It's all about TIME. That's the only thing god gives to every man equally.

It's time for the truth about our health message to become known. Over 140 years before researchers found out, "we" were told that Cancer is caused by a VIRUS. But too many didn't and still don't read her messages, and so, don't know how to really live the good life. We knew where to turn for the best knowldge and we just "sat" on it, or even made fun of it.

Keep on keeping on, precious little lady.

You are definitely in our prayers ...

+Quote Post
Barbara Kerr
post Mar 1 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #165

Hi there,

Today has been a good day. My 'field trip' to the sanitarium turned out to be quite surprising. The good doctor offered to drive me there so I could look around, while he ran errands around town.

The building is large and rather sprawling in nature. A lot of windows and white in color. It is currently being run by Adventists (that are physical therapists), and they use the facility as a rehabilitation center. It houses 70-80 patients and is always full, I'm told. It has a swimming pool, work-out room, nice cafeteria and kitchen, arts and crafts room, and much, much more. I was extremely impressed!

Walking through those doors this afternoon felt like being home. It was a strange sensation. The place isn't for sale, although, the people running it look to be about retirement age. What was so totally cool about it, was that touring that place was like walking through one of Ellen White's descriptions of what our sanatariums are supposed to be like.

The town of Moss is located on the ocean. It's about a fifteen minute walk to the water. The air is fresh, the water is pure, and well, . . . I'm sure the sun must shine in the summertime! ha

One thing is for sure. If God wants something to happen with that facility, He will have to shake a lot of things up. I will continue to pray for open and closed doors. Thank you in advance for joining me in praying about this.

Just think of how many years it would take to get approval in the USA for a cancer clinic, if ever. People are dying today, there has got to be another answer!

Well, the weather warmed up here just enough to start melting the snow and make everything quite sloppy. Bill made it home safely, but sounded rather stressed on the phone tonight. Boy was Norway good for him.

I hope you all had the most super, fantastic, wonderfully blessed day today. Isn't God good?

Hugs, Barbara Kerr

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church