Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:20 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
Rosyroi
post Mar 1 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #166

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Mar 1 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]181499[/snapback]

Hi there,

Today has been a good day. My 'field trip' to the sanitarium turned out to be quite surprising. The good doctor offered to drive me there so I could look around, while he ran errands around town.

The building is large and rather sprawling in nature. A lot of windows and white in color. It is currently being run by Adventists (that are physical therapists), and they use the facility as a rehabilitation center. It houses 70-80 patients and is always full, I'm told. It has a swimming pool, work-out room, nice cafeteria and kitchen, arts and crafts room, and much, much more. I was extremely impressed!

Walking through those doors this afternoon felt like being home. It was a strange sensation. The place isn't for sale, although, the people running it look to be about retirement age. What was so totally cool about it, was that touring that place was like walking through one of Ellen White's descriptions of what our sanatariums are supposed to be like.

The town of Moss is located on the ocean. It's about a fifteen minute walk to the water. The air is fresh, the water is pure, and well, . . . I'm sure the sun must shine in the summertime! ha

One thing is for sure. If God wants something to happen with that facility, He will have to shake a lot of things up. I will continue to pray for open and closed doors. Thank you in advance for joining me in praying about this.

Just think of how many years it would take to get approval in the USA for a cancer clinic, if ever. People are dying today, there has got to be another answer!

Well, the weather warmed up here just enough to start melting the snow and make everything quite sloppy. Bill made it home safely, but sounded rather stressed on the phone tonight. Boy was Norway good for him.

I hope you all had the most super, fantastic, wonderfully blessed day today. Isn't God good?

Hugs, Barbara Kerr

Barbara,
If I was a few years younger without any responsibilities I would ask you to have me on your list of people to help you run the hospital. I would be thrilled to help in anyway. I believe in alternative medicine also.
Mabe I could pray for you for now.
Thank you for your beautiful letters.
Rosyroi hug.gif

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 1 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #167

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Barbara Kerr @ Mar 1 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]181499[/snapback]

Hi there,

- - -
The building is large and rather sprawling in nature. A lot of windows and white in color. It is currently being run by Adventists (that are physical therapists), and they use the facility as a rehabilitation center. It houses 70-80 patients and is always full, I'm told. It has a swimming pool, work-out room, nice cafeteria and kitchen, arts and crafts room, and much, much more. I was extremely impressed!

Walking through those doors this afternoon felt like being home. It was a strange sensation. The place isn't for sale, although, the people running it look to be about retirement age. What was so totally cool about it, was that touring that place was like walking through one of Ellen White's descriptions of what our sanatariums are supposed to be like.

The town of Moss is located on the ocean. It's about a fifteen minute walk to the water. The air is fresh, the water is pure, and well, . . . I'm sure the sun must shine in the summertime! ha

One thing is for sure. If God wants something to happen with that facility, He will have to shake a lot of things up. I will continue to pray for open and closed doors. Thank you in advance for joining me in praying about this.

Just think of how many years it would take to get approval in the USA for a cancer clinic, if ever. People are dying today, there has got to be another answer!

Well, the weather warmed up here just enough to start melting the snow and make everything quite sloppy. Bill made it home safely, but sounded rather stressed on the phone tonight. Boy was Norway good for him.

I hope you all had the most super, fantastic, wonderfully blessed day today. Isn't God good?

Hugs, Barbara Kerr

You make me feel homesick, Barbara, I know this place so well. Also the people serving there. The proprietor spent his childhood and youth in Iceland, later Denmark, and then Norway. Great people, medical doctors, physical therapists(of various nationalities), cooks, chaplain (who was my son's roommate in College), etc. I have been cuddled (and cured) there for several weeks.

At present they are not allowed to take cancer patients, I was told. But with God nothing is impossible.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Mar 6 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #168

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

Hi Barbara,

How are you keeping? Do give us an update.

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Mar 9 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #169

Member No.: 3,145

Barbara:
After reading all of your posts on this thread, I just have to applaud you - going through so many health issues, and yet still keeping a smile in your heart.
Your walks sound so neat - so peaceful. Something about snow, too that invigorates and restores. It reminds me of forgiveness. Clean, pure, white, and it covers the ugliness.
I have become a little disheartened with what I have read on here regarding 3abn. It just sounds like there are so many "mountains" to overcome, so many things to conquer - how will this mess ever be cleaned up? Until a few weeks ago, I thought that the divorce, etc, was "ancient" history... well, maybe not ancient, but I must have had the hope that it was now time for healing... I have been an adventist all my life and it hurts me to the core, seeing that deceit, lies, bickering, arguing, etc. is so rampant in our church. *sigh* sorry I got off the subject. Your walks just made me want to escape for a little while from all the negativity. Its so hard to know what to believe, who to trust...
Thank you so much for your posts - I really enjoy reading them. I will be praying for your health and your cooking ministry.
My friend has one of your cookbooks, and every year at campmeeting, I BEG her to make some of the recipes. It would be nice if she would let me borrow it, but I suspect it is very dear to her! I will have to get one of my own! smile.gif
Blessings!

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 9 2007, 07:00 AM
Post #170

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Mar 8 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]184014[/snapback]

Barbara:
After reading all of your posts on this thread, I just have to applaud you - going through so many health issues, and yet still keeping a smile in your heart.
Your walks sound so neat - so peaceful. Something about snow, too that invigorates and restores. It reminds me of forgiveness. Clean, pure, white, and it covers the ugliness.
I have become a little disheartened with what I have read on here regarding 3abn. It just sounds like there are so many "mountains" to overcome, so many things to conquer - how will this mess ever be cleaned up? Until a few weeks ago, I thought that the divorce, etc, was "ancient" history... well, maybe not ancient, but I must have had the hope that it was now time for healing... I have been an adventist all my life and it hurts me to the core, seeing that deceit, lies, bickering, arguing, etc. is so rampant in our church. *sigh* sorry I got off the subject. Your walks just made me want to escape for a little while from all the negativity. Its so hard to know what to believe, who to trust...
Thank you so much for your posts - I really enjoy reading them. I will be praying for your health and your cooking ministry.
My friend has one of your cookbooks, and every year at campmeeting, I BEG her to make some of the recipes. It would be nice if she would let me borrow it, but I suspect it is very dear to her! I will have to get one of my own! smile.gif
Blessings!

HollyByGolly,

Welcome to BSDA! I understand what you are experiencing as you read through this sad information about 3abn and the sometimes unpleasant discussions that ensue. But please, don't get disheartened. Instead, take comfort that wrongs that have been carefully covered up and hidden are finally being exposed and handled as they should have been years ago.

While I was "bewildered" when I first began learning about the truth, I now praise the Lord that there are people willing to take the heat, the consequences, to bring things out into the open.

As you continue reading, pay close attention to the many scriptures and quotes from Ellen White about how we are charged to call sin by its right name or bear its guilt if we don't. And take heart for God is still on His throne, He is still in control and is willing to fill us with the Peace that passes all understanding!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 9 2007, 07:37 AM
Post #171

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 9 2007, 08:00 AM) [snapback]184062[/snapback]

HollyByGolly,

Welcome to BSDA! I understand what you are experiencing as you read through this sad information about 3abn and the sometimes unpleasant discussions that ensue. But please, don't get disheartened. Instead, take comfort that wrongs that have been carefully covered up and hidden are finally being exposed and handled as they should have been years ago.

While I was "bewildered" when I first began learning about the truth, I now praise the Lord that there are people willing to take the heat, the consequences, to bring things out into the open.

As you continue reading, pay close attention to the many scriptures and quotes from Ellen White about how we are charged to call sin by its right name or bear its guilt if we don't. And take heart for God is still on His throne, He is still in control and is willing to fill us with the Peace that passes all understanding!

PB

And then pay attention to all those who wink at or attempt to justify the sins of convicted embezzlers, gossip, slander, partiality and bias.... and pretend that talking to each other and publishing things to the world as on the www.save3abn.com web site is 'rebuking sin" and calling sin by it's right name, and that they are following biblical principles. Of course posters here can be answered here, or rebuked or reproved publically as they are posting here publically, but the people at 3ABN they are accusing of sin, and crimes aren't here.... They aren't being addressed, rebuked or reproved, they are just being exposed and talked about and condemned before others and to others...

PB, and others, flat out ignore the following which proves this is not being handled as it should be.

This is a selfish world at best. Many of those who profess the truth are not sanctified by it, and may not have a heart to make even a trifling variation in the prices of produce when dealing with a poor brother, sooner than they would with an able worldling. They do not love their neighbors as themselves. It would be more pleasing to God were there less selfishness and more disinterested benevolence. {2T 51.2}

As Sister has seen a selfish spirit manifest in deal, she has committed a greater sin by feeling and talking in regard to the matter as she has. She has erred in expecting too much. The tongue has been truly an unruly member, a world of iniquity, set on fire of hell, untamed and untamable. Sister F has had a spirit of retaliation, manifesting by her deportment that she was offended. This was all wrong. She has cherished bitter feelings, which are foreign to the spirit of Christ. Anger, resentment, and all kinds of unkind tempers are indulged by speaking against those with whom we are displeased, and by reciting the errors and failings and sins of neighbors. The lustful desires are gratified. {2T 51.3}

Sister , if you are grieved because your neighbors or friends are doing wrong to their own hurt, if they are overtaken in fault, follow the Bible rule. "Tell him his fault between thee and him alone." As you go to the one you suppose to be in error, see that you speak in a meek and lowly spirit; for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. The erring can be restored in no other way than in the spirit of meekness, gentleness, and tender love. Be careful in your manner. Avoid anything in look or gesture, word or tone, that savors of pride or self-sufficiency. Guard yourself against a word or look that would exalt yourself, or place your goodness and righteousness in contrast with their failings. Beware of the most distant approach to disdain, overbearing, or contempt. With care avoid every appearance of anger; and though you use plainness of speech, let there be no reproach, no railing accusation, no token of warmth but that of earnest love. Above all, let there be no shadow of hate or ill will, no bitterness or sourness of expression. Nothing but kindness and gentleness can flow from a heart of love. Yet all these precious fruits need not hinder you from speaking in the most serious, solemn manner, as though angels were directing their eyes upon you, and you were acting in reference to the coming judgment. Bear in mind that the success of reproof depends greatly upon the spirit in which it is given. Do not neglect earnest prayer that you may possess a lowly mind, and that angels of God may go before you to work upon the hearts you are trying to reach, and so soften them by heavenly impressions that your efforts may avail. If any good is accomplished, take no credit to yourself. God alone should be exalted. God alone has done it all. {2T 52.1}

You have excused yourself for speaking evil of your brother or sister or neighbor to others before going to him and taking the steps which God has absolutely commanded. You say: "Why, I did not speak to anyone until I was so burdened that I could not refrain." What burdened you? Was it not a plain neglect of your own duty, of a thus saith the Lord? You were under the guilt of sin because you did not go and tell the offender his fault between you and him alone. If you did not do this, if you disobeyed God, how could you be otherwise than burdened unless your heart was hardened while you were trampling the command of God underfoot, and in your heart hating your brother or neighbor? And what way have you found to unburden yourself? God reproves you for a sin of omission in not telling your brother his fault, and you excuse and comfort yourself by a sin of commission by telling your brother's faults to another person! Is this the right way to purchase ease--by committing sin? {2T 53.1}

All your efforts to save the erring may be unavailing. They may repay you evil for good. They may be enraged rather than convinced. What if they hear to no good purpose, and pursue the evil course they have begun? This will frequently occur. Sometimes the mildest and tenderest reproof will have no good effect. In that case the blessing you wanted another to receive by pursuing a course of righteousness, ceasing to do evil and learning to do well, will return into your own bosom.

If the erring persist in sin, treat them kindly, and leave them with your heavenly Father. You have delivered your soul; their sin no longer rests upon you; you are not now partaker of their sin. But if they perish, their blood is upon their own head. {2T 53.2}

Dear friend, an entire transformation must take place in you, or you will be weighed in the balance and found wanting. The church at -----, especially talking women, have a lesson to learn. "If any man [or woman] among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." Many will be weighed in the balance and found wanting in this matter of so great importance. Where are the Christians who walk by this rule? who will take God's part against the evilspeaker? who will please God, and set a watch, a continual watch, before the mouth, and keep the door of the lips? Speak evil of no man. Hear evil of no man. If there be no hearers, there will be no speakers of evil. If anyone speaks evil in your presence, check him. Refuse to hear him, though his manner be ever so soft and his accents mild. He may profess attachment, and yet throw out covert hints and stab the character in the dark. {2T 54.1}

Resolutely refuse to hear, though the whisperer complains of being burdened till he speak. Burdened indeed! with a cursed secret which separateth very friends. Go, burdened ones, and free yourselves from your burden in God's appointed way. First go tell your brother his fault between you and him alone. If this fail, next take with you one or two friends, and tell him in their presence. If these steps fail, then tell it to the church. Not an unbeliever is to be made acquainted with the slightest particular of the matter. Telling it to the church is the last step to be taken. Publish it not to the enemies of our faith. They have no right to the knowledge of church matters, lest the weakness and errors of Christ's followers be exposed. {2T 54.2}

Those who are preparing for the coming of Christ should be sober and watch unto prayer, for our adversary, the devil, goeth about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour; whom we are to resist steadfast in the faith. "He that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers." {2T 54.}

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 9 2007, 07:45 AM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 9 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #172

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 08:37 AM) [snapback]184067[/snapback]

... spam.gif anyone?

Nope, gave up furry meat years ago. doh.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Mar 9 2007, 08:39 AM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 9 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #173

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Mar 9 2007, 12:19 AM) [snapback]184014[/snapback]

Barbara:

Like you holly, Barbara Kerr's letters struck a pure tone deep in my heart land. Did you read her letter that Calvin posted here? click

When I read Barbara's letters, I'm reminded of one of EGW's visions in Early Writings:
    "Who shall be able to stand? Is my robe spotless?" Then the angels ceased to sing, and there was some time of awful silence, when Jesus spoke: "Those who have clean hands and pure hearts shall be able to stand; My grace is sufficient for you." At this our faces lighted up, and joy filled every heart.

But when I read posts like Aletheia's above, I'm remided of EGW's other vision:
    I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it. Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God. I saw them look up to the throne, and pray, "Father, give us Thy Spirit." Satan would then breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy, and peace. Satan's object was to keep them deceived and to draw back and deceive God's children.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 9 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #174

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

Thank you, Cindy for providing today's hypocrisy moment...

You quote EGW here:

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 08:37 AM) [snapback]184067[/snapback]
Dear friend, an entire transformation must take place in you, or you will be weighed in the balance and found wanting. The church at -----, especially talking women, have a lesson to learn. "If any man [or woman] among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain."

The problem is, as usual, you left the log in your own eye... and to boot you have edited quotes you made to make it seem as if she were speaking to one in this forum ex sepulchra... shame on you

And then pay attention to all those who wink at or attempt to justify the sins of convicted embezzlers, gossip, slander, partiality and bias.... and pretend that talking to each other and publishing things to the world as on the www.save3abn.com web site is 'rebuking sin" and calling sin by it's right name, and that they are following biblical principles. Of course posters here can be answered here, or rebuked or reproved publically as they are posting here publically, but the people at 3ABN they are accusing of sin, and crimes aren't here.... They aren't being addressed, rebuked or reproved, they are just being exposed and talked about and condemned before others and to others...

Your forgot to mention your attempting to justify pedophiles and sexual predators and attempting to vilify their victims... you may omit them... but God was watching and taking note of every thing you said.

Many will be weighed in the balance and found wanting in this matter of so great importance.

This is true... be sure to let us know how it is on the side with the goats...

Where are the Christians who walk by this rule? who will take God's part against the evilspeaker? who will please God, and set a watch, a continual watch, before the mouth, and keep the door of the lips?

Here is the crux of your problem; you don't know your role... I'll remind you that you are the evilspeaker here... with your bitterness, rancor, hypocrisy and projection; coping mechanisms all for your own divorce...not the one who will take God's part.

Speak evil of no man.

Too late; you already failed this... in fact if your posts where you speak evil of others were thrown out... you'd have no posts.

Hear evil of no man.

Missed this boat too, you have...

If there be no hearers, there will be no speakers of evil. If anyone speaks evil in your presence, check him. Refuse to hear him, though his manner be ever so soft and his accents mild. He may profess attachment, and yet throw out covert hints and stab the character in the dark. {2T 54.1}

Unfortunately, you have proven EGW wrong here... no one is trying to hear your noise... but you continue on with the mudslinging and character assassination and aspersion casting; it's like a drug with you... if you were like this while you husband was still with you, while I cannot condone his leaving you, I can certainly understand it; as it states in Prov 27:15 "A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike."... and you are nothing if not one contentious woman

PB, and others, flat out ignore the following which proves this is not being handled as it should be.

Another log in your own eye... You and the rest of the danny apologist crew have been doing this from the outset... turning a blind eye to the sin in your own camp... you have yet to even acknowledge it.

The rest of your post isn't worth addressing save in this wise... you quote EGW on selfishness... and the immediately turn around and wrest her words and edit them to make them a diatribe about another poster... *that* is selfishness, Cindy... not to mention demonstrative of how spirtually ugly you really are.

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Mar 9 2007, 09:03 AM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 9 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #175

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

[quote name='awesumtenor' date='Mar 9 2007, 10:02 AM' post='184084']
Thank you, Cindy for providing today's hypocrisy moment...

You quote EGW here:
The problem is, as usual, you left the log in your own eye... and to boot you have edited quotes you made to make it seem as if she were speaking to one in this forum ex sepulchra... shame on you
------------------------

As usual you claim 20/20 vision when it comes to seeing how things apply to others, but still haven't fixed your broken mirror...

AND -- what edited quotes?

snipped balance of repetitious accusations --

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 9 2007, 10:06 AM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 9 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #176

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You know Cindy, this is really a thread you can skip. It kind of got off track in the beginning, but it is really about uplifting and encouraging Barbara and eath other. If you have no compassion for her or anyone else posting to this thread, don't post here. Take your poison elsewhere. Everywhere is not your battlefield.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 05:37 AM) [snapback]184067[/snapback]

This is a selfish world at best. Many of those who profess the truth are not sanctified by it, and may not have a heart to make even a trifling variation in the prices of produce when dealing with a poor brother, sooner than they would with an able worldling. They do not love their neighbors as themselves. It would be more pleasing to God were there less selfishness and more disinterested benevolence. {2T 51.2}

As Sister has seen a selfish spirit manifest in deal, she has committed a greater sin by feeling and talking in regard to the matter as she has. She has erred in expecting too much. The tongue has been truly an unruly member, a world of iniquity, set on fire of hell, untamed and untamable. Sister F has had a spirit of retaliation, manifesting by her deportment that she was offended. This was all wrong. She has cherished bitter feelings, which are foreign to the spirit of Christ. Anger, resentment, and all kinds of unkind tempers are indulged by speaking against those with whom we are displeased, and by reciting the errors and failings and sins of neighbors. The lustful desires are gratified. {2T 51.3}

Sister , if you are grieved because your neighbors or friends are doing wrong to their own hurt, if they are overtaken in fault, follow the Bible rule. "Tell him his fault between thee and him alone." As you go to the one you suppose to be in error, see that you speak in a meek and lowly spirit; for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. The erring can be restored in no other way than in the spirit of meekness, gentleness, and tender love. Be careful in your manner. Avoid anything in look or gesture, word or tone, that savors of pride or self-sufficiency. Guard yourself against a word or look that would exalt yourself, or place your goodness and righteousness in contrast with their failings. Beware of the most distant approach to disdain, overbearing, or contempt. With care avoid every appearance of anger; and though you use plainness of speech, let there be no reproach, no railing accusation, no token of warmth but that of earnest love. Above all, let there be no shadow of hate or ill will, no bitterness or sourness of expression. Nothing but kindness and gentleness can flow from a heart of love. Yet all these precious fruits need not hinder you from speaking in the most serious, solemn manner, as though angels were directing their eyes upon you, and you were acting in reference to the coming judgment. Bear in mind that the success of reproof depends greatly upon the spirit in which it is given. Do not neglect earnest prayer that you may possess a lowly mind, and that angels of God may go before you to work upon the hearts you are trying to reach, and so soften them by heavenly impressions that your efforts may avail. If any good is accomplished, take no credit to yourself. God alone should be exalted. God alone has done it all. {2T 52.1}

You have excused yourself for speaking evil of your brother or sister or neighbor to others before going to him and taking the steps which God has absolutely commanded. You say: "Why, I did not speak to anyone until I was so burdened that I could not refrain." What burdened you? Was it not a plain neglect of your own duty, of a thus saith the Lord? You were under the guilt of sin because you did not go and tell the offender his fault between you and him alone. If you did not do this, if you disobeyed God, how could you be otherwise than burdened unless your heart was hardened while you were trampling the command of God underfoot, and in your heart hating your brother or neighbor? And what way have you found to unburden yourself? God reproves you for a sin of omission in not telling your brother his fault, and you excuse and comfort yourself by a sin of commission by telling your brother's faults to another person! Is this the right way to purchase ease--by committing sin? {2T 53.1}

All your efforts to save the erring may be unavailing. They may repay you evil for good. They may be enraged rather than convinced. What if they hear to no good purpose, and pursue the evil course they have begun? This will frequently occur. Sometimes the mildest and tenderest reproof will have no good effect. In that case the blessing you wanted another to receive by pursuing a course of righteousness, ceasing to do evil and learning to do well, will return into your own bosom.

If the erring persist in sin, treat them kindly, and leave them with your heavenly Father. You have delivered your soul; their sin no longer rests upon you; you are not now partaker of their sin. But if they perish, their blood is upon their own head. {2T 53.2}

Dear friend, an entire transformation must take place in you, or you will be weighed in the balance and found wanting. The church at -----, especially talking women, have a lesson to learn. "If any man [or woman] among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." Many will be weighed in the balance and found wanting in this matter of so great importance. Where are the Christians who walk by this rule? who will take God's part against the evilspeaker? who will please God, and set a watch, a continual watch, before the mouth, and keep the door of the lips? Speak evil of no man. Hear evil of no man. If there be no hearers, there will be no speakers of evil. If anyone speaks evil in your presence, check him. Refuse to hear him, though his manner be ever so soft and his accents mild. He may profess attachment, and yet throw out covert hints and stab the character in the dark. {2T 54.1}

Resolutely refuse to hear, though the whisperer complains of being burdened till he speak. Burdened indeed! with a cursed secret which separateth very friends. Go, burdened ones, and free yourselves from your burden in God's appointed way. First go tell your brother his fault between you and him alone. If this fail, next take with you one or two friends, and tell him in their presence. If these steps fail, then tell it to the church. Not an unbeliever is to be made acquainted with the slightest particular of the matter. Telling it to the church is the last step to be taken. Publish it not to the enemies of our faith. They have no right to the knowledge of church matters, lest the weakness and errors of Christ's followers be exposed. {2T 54.2}

Those who are preparing for the coming of Christ should be sober and watch unto prayer, for our adversary, the devil, goeth about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour; whom we are to resist steadfast in the faith. "He that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers." {2T 54.}

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Nuggie
post Mar 9 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #177

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 984

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 9 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]184109[/snapback]

You know Cindy, this is really a thread you can skip. It kind of got off track in the beginning, but it is really about uplifting and encouraging Barbara and each other. If you have no compassion for her or anyone else posting to this thread, don't post here. Take your poison elsewhere. Everywhere is not your battlefield.

notworthy.gif Thank you, Di...your words are much kinder than mine...

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 9 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #178

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

AND -- what edited quotes?

You know as well as I your computer does not have a phobia regarding the 6th letter of the alphabet... and you know EGW's statements in 2T page 51 and following were referencing a "Sister F"... and not "Sister" as you have altered them to appear... and it was a sloppy edit because you didn't even get them all.

This is why you have no credibility here... and why your presence is odious to many...

But you keep on working for the devil...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 9 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #179

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Mar 9 2007, 01:19 AM) [snapback]184014[/snapback]

Barbara:
Blessings!

Welcome HollybyGolly to BSDA and for your comments to Barbara. Many of us felt the same way when she started posting from Norway and hope to hear soon that things are going well for her there.

I hope that you will find time to get acquainted with people here on BSDA. There is so much more than just the 3abn issues that you will read about. If you want and take the time, you will make some friends which will be the REAL value of your coming here. Sometimes things may seem a bit irreverent and sometimes it is only TIC (tongue in cheek).

There are people who speak clearly here about the 3abn issues and ask serious and reasonable and intelligent questions politely. There are those who do little more than cut and paste from various posts and whine and dissemble and spin and demonstrate a lack of comprehension of what they have read. You I am confident will know the difference when you read.

As you read at this early stage you can also send Private Messages to posters if you have questions that you think might have been posted in one of the many dozens of threads and hundreds of posts that you have not had time yet to read. I have NEVER found any of the people with real information unwilling to answer an informed question asked politely or rude in their response.

Again, HollybyGolly...welcome.

noahswife
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 9 2007, 12:04 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 9 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #180

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(awesumtenor)
You know as well as I your computer does not have a phobia regarding the 6th letter of the alphabet... and you know EGW's statements in 2T page 51 and following were referencing a "Sister F"... and not "Sister" as you have altered them to appear... and it was a sloppy edit because you didn't even get them all.

This is why you have no credibility here... and why your presence is odious to many...

I caught that too. Just another act of desperation isn't it? :shrug: Then she wonders why no one takes her posting seriously. Very self-destructive. Aletheia would do well to ponder the implications of EGW's vision I posted above from Early Writings re the "unholy influence." It may explain her deception.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church