Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12409&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:42:22 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi From Barbara Kerr In Norway, A love letter to all
PeacefulBe
post Mar 9 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #181

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

It is very sad when my attempt to encourage a sister who is expressing being disheartened is taken as a call to battle by one who neglects to apply to her own tongue the very message of the Sister White quotes she is invoking.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 9 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #182

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 9 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]184109[/snapback]

You know Cindy, this is really a thread you can skip. It kind of got off track in the beginning, but it is really about uplifting and encouraging Barbara and eath other. If you have no compassion for her or anyone else posting to this thread, don't post here. Take your poison elsewhere. Everywhere is not your battlefield.

yes.gif

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 9 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]184164[/snapback]

It is very sad when my attempt to encourage a sister who is expressing being disheartened is taken as a call to battle by one who neglects to apply to her own tongue the very message of the Sister White quotes she is invoking.

yes.gif

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Mar 9 2007, 08:19 AM) [snapback]184014[/snapback]

Barbara:
After reading all of your posts on this thread, I just have to applaud you - going through so many health issues, and yet still keeping a smile in your heart.
Your walks sound so neat - so peaceful. Something about snow, too that invigorates and restores. It reminds me of forgiveness. Clean, pure, white, and it covers the ugliness.
I have become a little disheartened with what I have read on here regarding 3abn. It just sounds like there are so many "mountains" to overcome, so many things to conquer - how will this mess ever be cleaned up? Until a few weeks ago, I thought that the divorce, etc, was "ancient" history... well, maybe not ancient, but I must have had the hope that it was now time for healing... I have been an adventist all my life and it hurts me to the core, seeing that deceit, lies, bickering, arguing, etc. is so rampant in our church. *sigh* sorry I got off the subject. Your walks just made me want to escape for a little while from all the negativity. Its so hard to know what to believe, who to trust...
Thank you so much for your posts - I really enjoy reading them. I will be praying for your health and your cooking ministry.
My friend has one of your cookbooks, and every year at campmeeting, I BEG her to make some of the recipes. It would be nice if she would let me borrow it, but I suspect it is very dear to her! I will have to get one of my own! smile.gif
Blessings!

yes.gif

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 9 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]184081[/snapback]

Like you holly, Barbara Kerr's letters struck a pure tone deep in my heart land. Did you read her letter that Calvin posted here? click

When I read Barbara's letters, I'm reminded of one of EGW's visions in Early Writings:
    "Who shall be able to stand? Is my robe spotless?" Then the angels ceased to sing, and there was some time of awful silence, when Jesus spoke: "Those who have clean hands and pure hearts shall be able to stand; My grace is sufficient for you." At this our faces lighted up, and joy filled every heart.
But when I read posts like Aletheia's above, I'm remided of EGW's other vision:
    I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it. Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God. I saw them look up to the throne, and pray, "Father, give us Thy Spirit." Satan would then breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy, and peace. Satan's object was to keep them deceived and to draw back and deceive God's children.

yes.gif

QUOTE(Nuggie @ Mar 9 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]184127[/snapback]

notworthy.gif Thank you, Di...your words are much kinder than mine...

yes.gif

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 9 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]184135[/snapback]

You know as well as I your computer does not have a phobia regarding the 6th letter of the alphabet... and you know EGW's statements in 2T page 51 and following were referencing a "Sister F"... and not "Sister" as you have altered them to appear... and it was a sloppy edit because you didn't even get them all.

This is why you have no credibility here... and why your presence is odious to many...

But you keep on working for the devil...

In His service,
Mr. J

yes.gif

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 9 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]184143[/snapback]

Welcome HollybyGolly to BSDA and for your comments to Barbara. Many of us felt the same way when she started posting from Norway and hope to hear soon that things are going well for her there.

I hope that you will find time to get acquainted with people here on BSDA. There is so much more than just the 3abn issues that you will read about. If you want and take the time, you will make some friends which will be the REAL value of your coming here. Sometimes things may seem a bit irreverent and sometimes it is only TIC (tongue in cheek).

There are people who speak clearly here about the 3abn issues and ask serious and reasonable and intelligent questions politely. There are those who do little more than cut and paste from various posts and whine and dissemble and spin and demonstrate a lack of comprehension of what they have read. You I am confident will know the difference when you read.

As you read at this early stage you can also send Private Messages to posters if you have questions that you think might have been posted in one of the many dozens of threads and hundreds of posts that you have not had time yet to read. I have NEVER found any of the people with real information unwilling to answer an informed question asked politely or rude in their response.

Again, HollybyGolly...welcome.

noahswife
C"i"

yes.gif

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 9 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]184150[/snapback]

I caught that too. Just another act of desperation isn't it? :shrug: Then she wonders why no one takes her posting seriously. Very self-destructive. Aletheia would do well to ponder the implications of EGW's vision I posted above from Early Writings re the "unholy influence." It may explain her deception.

yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 9 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #183

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 9 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]184135[/snapback]

You know as well as I your computer does not have a phobia regarding the 6th letter of the alphabet... and you know EGW's statements in 2T page 51 and following were referencing a "Sister F"... and not "Sister" as you have altered them to appear... and it was a sloppy edit because you didn't even get them all.

This is why you have no credibility here... and why your presence is odious to many...

But you keep on working for the devil...

In His service,
Mr. J

I copied and pasted it from a e-mail. I did not edit it. That is why I asked what editing.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 9 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #184

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]184192[/snapback]

I copied and pasted it from a e-mail. I did not edit it. That is why I asked what editing.

Cindy,

Perhaps you should check and see who the email was from and then ask that person why they edited out part of Sister White's statement. Sounds like they might have set you up, dear.

I have to say, as I read through the quotes you copied/pasted in, I once again marveled at the counsel she has given and really did appreciate those words that Ellen wrote to us all.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 9 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #185

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]184192[/snapback]

And that demonstrates the depth of your research. Now we know just how second-hand your unreliable info is.

I think it was you or Lee that directed us to the egw database last week. Here you go...compare your email with the source.

http://egwdatabase.whiteestate.org/nxt/gat...036;vid=default

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 9 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #186

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]184192[/snapback]

Display your wisdom by checking your sources. And don't avoid reading the texts you are commenting. It may require you pull your hands out of your pockets but it might add to your credibility.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 9 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #187

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 9 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]184109[/snapback]

You know Cindy, this is really a thread you can skip. It kind of got off track in the beginning, but it is really about uplifting and encouraging Barbara and eath other. If you have no compassion for her or anyone else posting to this thread, don't post here. Take your poison elsewhere. Everywhere is not your battlefield.

Since we're being so frank Here, Diane. This has gone on long enough.

I quoted an article from Ellen White because Pb's post to a newcomer warranted that rebuke.in my view, and I consider it a timely warning to all who are engaged in the business of trying to bring down a ministry and their brethren in an unbilical and unchristlike manner, when God's word is plain.

Now if you disagree with that, fine.

But don't come leapfrogging over the condemnations and accusations which you agree with, ( which are neither to, or about barbara Kerr, nor uplifting at all) to land square on me, while ignoring all others once again, and thinking yourself justified and righteous here when what you are doing is being biased, and partial and is outright sin.

You have a right to your opinions as a poster, but I hold you to a higher standard here, as you are also an administrator and so when posting should be an example to those you moderate, and lead by that example.

Because sister, from where I am sitting, IMO considering the venom you've spit at me since I first arrived, it looks like you see poison, because you are blinded by the poison in your own heart and mind, and the poison all around you which you wilfully turn a blind eye to, or condone and justify.

Your friends Mr J, and his wife, Sera, Sister, Fran, etc etc etc.. never seem to get one cross word from you, nor do many others who say ugly things, nasty , poisonous things, and you don't even blink at it, not one cross word, not one reproof...

... want some examples?

I perceive that God is no respector of persons.

Jam 2:
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Barring an apology or acknowledgment from you about all this, then this is the last response you'll ever get from me.

May you find what you seek.

Cindy

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 9 2007, 02:07 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 9 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #188

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]184192[/snapback]

Don't hide behind that foolishness; you are responsible for what you post... and what you posted as EGW's writings was modified by you... or another source you claim. The bottom line is you are responsible for what you post...and as such, you shoukld prayerfully consider what EGW actually says in 2T about "Sister F" because it greatly applies to you in a very real and direct fashion...when speaking of how Sister F "moves from impulse, and finds fault, and has had too much to say against her brethren and sisters..." she very well could be talking about you Cindy, given your propensity to do as Sister White noted of "Sister F"... that being the case, the part that immediately follows applies to you:

"If she would seek the heavenly adorning, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, calls of great price, she would then be a real help to the church. If she would cherish the spirit of Christ, and become a peacemaker, her own soul would flourish, and she would be a blessing to the church wherever she might be located. Unless she is converted and an entire change is wrought in her, unless she educates herself to be slow to speak and slow to wrath, and cultivates true Christian courtesy, her influence will prove injurious, and the happiness of others connected with her will suffer.

Selah.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 9 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #189

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 9 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]184201[/snapback]

Since we're being so frank Here, Diane. This has gone on long enough.

I quoted an article from Ellen White because Pb's post to a newcomer warranted that rebuke.in my view, and I consider it a timely warning to all who are engaged in the business of trying to bring down a ministry and their brethren in an unbilical and unchristlike manner, when God's word is plain.

Now if you disagree with that, fine.

But don't come leapfrogging over the condemnations and accusations which you agree with, ( which are neither to, or about barbara Kerr, nor uplifting at all) to land square on me, while ignoring all others once again, and thinking yourself justified and righteous here when what you are doing is being biased, and partial and is outright sin.

You have a right to your opinions as a poster, but I hold you to a higher standard here, as you are also an administrator and so when posting should be an example to those you moderate, and lead by that example.

Because sister, from where I am sitting, IMO considering the venom you've spit at me since I first arrived, it looks like you see poison, because you are blinded by the poison in your own heart and mind, and the poison all around you which you wilfully turn a blind eye to, or condone and justify.

Your friends Mr J, and his wife, Sera, Sister, Fran, etc etc etc.. never seem to get one cross word from you, nor do many others who say ugly things, nasty , poisonous things, and you don't even blink at it, not one cross word, not one reproof...

... want some examples?
I perceive that God is no respector of persons.
Jam 2:
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Barring an apology or acknowledgment from you about all this, then this is the last response you'll ever get from me.

May you find what you seek.
Cindy

Cindy, I couldn't agree more. Calvin has shown more fair play than Di. Why hasn't she ever intervened with Mr J's personal attacks? Lets see, he said my mother was better of dead because she would be ashamed of me, and here is one of his most recent.....(I'll remind you that you are the evilspeaker here... with your bitterness, rancor, hypocrisy and projection; coping mechanisms all for your own divorce...not the one who will take God's part.) .....See, personal Nasty and below the belt is his arrogant self loving pattern. This is just one of hundreds of the same. Never is anything said by Di. What makes J even more foolish is that he like clay, has nothing to bring to the table. He has no information, doesn't know the players involved, was not eyewitness to anything but tries to challenge those that have been. He knows nothing except what he reads on this little soap box. The quotes that you brought from EGW are eye opening. Especially the paragraph that says, you are not to expose faults of others to the rest of the world. That is assuming they are true. Imagine what she would say about exposing lies to the outside world.
There is no justification for this forum topic or the others that are going on. It is a shame and a disgrace to be forced to have to come here to defend what is true just so the anonymous readers
will not just see one side filled with holes and lies.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 9 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #190

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 9 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]184195[/snapback]

And that demonstrates the depth of your research. Now we know just how second-hand your unreliable info is.

I think it was you or Lee that directed us to the egw database last week. Here you go...compare your email with the source.

http://egwdatabase.whiteestate.org/nxt/gat...036;vid=default

I've already done so, it's missing two "f' s.

The meaning remains intact.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 9 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #191

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]184209[/snapback]

Cindy, I couldn't agree more. Calvin has shown more fair play than Di. Why hasn't she ever intervened with Mr J's personal attacks? Lets see, he said my mother was better of dead because she would be ashamed of me, and here is one of his most recent.....(I'll remind you that you are the evilspeaker here... with your bitterness, rancor, hypocrisy and projection; coping mechanisms all for your own divorce...not the one who will take God's part.) .....See, personal Nasty and below the belt is his arrogant self loving pattern. This is just one of hundreds of the same. Never is anything said by Di. What makes J even more foolish is that he like clay, has nothing to bring to the table. He has no information, doesn't know the players involved, was not eyewitness to anything but tries to challenge those that have been. He knows nothing except what he reads on this little soap box. The quotes that you brought from EGW are eye opening. Especially the paragraph that says, you are not to expose faults of others to the rest of the world. That is assuming they are true. Imagine what she would say about exposing lies to the outside world.
There is no justification for this forum topic or the others that are going on. It is a shame and a disgrace to be forced to have to come here to defend what is true just so the anonymous readers

yeah... whatev... as I told you before... I've been called worse... by better people...so I'm not pressed by your invective... the more you and cindy and the rest of you attack others in this forum, the more hypocritical you appear...you are doing me no harm; only yourselves...

But hey... if it's what trips your trigger... go for it. I'm glad I could help you get your jollies.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 9 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #192

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Mr. Josey--you are a mentally sick and mean man. No one is getting their "jollies" from being on this forum. And for you to talk in this way shows the evilness of your own heart.

Don't bother to answer because I will not read your posts any longer. You are SICK and your mind is in the gutter.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 9 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #193

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 9 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]184212[/snapback]

yeah... whatev... as I told you before... I've been called worse... by better people...so I'm not pressed by your invective... the more you and cindy and the rest of you attack others in this forum, the more hypocritical you appear...you are doing me no harm; only yourselves...

But hey... if it's what trips your trigger... go for it. I'm glad I could help you get your jollies.

In His service,
Mr. J

As usual, bringing nothing to the table. You and others like you want to "feed" at the potluck without every bringing a dish. Sponging is the word for it.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 9 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #194

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]184209[/snapback]

Thank you Bystander.

I'm thinking, this whole thread is off topc, and if something had been said to all instead of only one, we wouldn't be in this mess....

I have been troubled by many of those kind of remarks you talk about, especially when they are made about people who aren't even here or are unable to answer. I did indeed hurt for you when your Mothers death was made a subject of insult and ridicule.

The only reason to rebuke sin or reprove error should be because of love for the souls of others, as you said there is a concern also for the readers who might become confused or deceived by distorted and twisted stories, and even outright lying.

Stand firm, and Keep your head up, there's nothing wrong with defending the truth. We were never warned about that...

Blessings...

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 9 2007, 03:15 PM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 9 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #195

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Careful Bystander, don't choke on your own propaganda.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:42 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church