Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:31 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Nuggie
post Mar 8 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #121

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 984

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 8 2007, 07:36 PM) [snapback]183899[/snapback]

Hello!! Hello! McFly! Anybody in there? bangin.gif

rofl1.gif

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]183907[/snapback]

How rude...

If you can't take it, don't dish it...

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 8 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #122

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 8 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]183871[/snapback]

Have you gotten completely simple minded? I answered your questions. I am not in a position to expose the evidence. They are. And they have it. Therefore, there is no ridiculous Bus analogy.

I answered. You did not answer any of mine. I have yet to see you answer these kinds of questions. Try it, just once, just see if you can answer with plain and simple responses. No answering a question with a question, no smart remarks. Just answer the list of questions. How hard is it? they are YES and NO answers. Put on your thinking cap and just attempt it, just ONE time.....If you refuse to answer such simple questions, that says it all, and will show to all, that you are just an "extra" in the drama and are here to memorize and repeat some of the "stars" in your camp.

on my worse day my mind functions better than yours... you danced around two simple questions... they you attempt to deflect them and answer my questions with questions of your own.... it aint workin dude.....

you cannot prove anything so you need to go somewhere and hush........

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 8 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #123

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Don't know if anyone noticed, but this was a beautifully crafted letter by WT and team -- corporate greed all wrapped up in the pretentious loving blanket of pity for LS. You notice his #1 concern is what's best for the organization, his #2 concern is tenderness and caring for LS, although he strongly indicates the facts show she's guilty ("but we'll listen anyway"), just for the appearance of fairness. Only in religious circles are you treated guilty and sentenced before the trial. I've been around some of these kind of organizations and the way administration feels it their divine duty to extend their tentacles into the privacy of other peoples lives.

Read inbetween the lines...
-------- Original Message --------
To: [Alyssa]
Subject: Letter for Linda
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:43:07 -0500

Linda Shelton
Three Angel's Broadcasting Network
PO Box 220
West Frankfort, IL 62896

Dear Linda,

A committee representing the 3ABN board of directors has been selected and has met for the purpose of evaluating the present problem at 3ABN relating to your relationship to Danny and to the ministry of 3ABN - and seeking a resolution acceptable to all parties involved. This letter is intended to represent the will of the board.

Let me begin by expressing our gratitude to you for the part you have played at 3ABN for the past nearly twenty years. You have been an important part of the ministry from the beginning – a fact appreciated by us all. Accordingly, this letter is not written with the intent to destroy your home or your part in the ministry, but rather to rehabilitate and restore.

In accordance with this intent, we are offering the following proposal to you. We believe it has the potential of accomplishing the desired objectives, i.e., to save both your home and a place for you in this ministry. It would do so without making the details of this matter known to the full board or others.

Nor is this letter expressing an opinion regarding the nature of your relationship with Dr. Abrahamson. Whether or not this relationship has been immoral or not is not the issue of this document. The facts are that the relationship and your refusal to discontinue it in spite of repeated requests by Danny and our requests, has damaged both your family and 3ABN – a reality we must deal with in wisdom, love and compassion – but deal with, we must.

We are offering you a 30 day leave of absence with pay and full benefits - to begin at the time of receipt of this letter. During this time the following conditions must be met.

You will be relieved of all duties at 3ABN and will not appear at 3ABN other than to obtain items from your immediate office upon personal request from me. You will arrange to leave Southern Illinois at 3ABN expense for the duration. Both you and 3ABN need time to cool off.

You will agree in writing to cease all communication with Dr. Abrahamson, whether direct or indirect, whether by e-mail, telephone, letter or any other, or through Johann or any other third party. We are designating a period of 30 days, but with the intent this must be a life-long decision.

During this time you will not discuss the issues related to your relationship with 3ABN with anyone other than your immediate family, your professional counselors or representatives or members of the board of directors.

Since this time is recommended as a time for reflection and serious rehabilitation we are requesting that you arrange to receive professional help relating to the issues at hand. We are recommending Ron and Nancy Rocky to you. They have agreed to open their home to you and to give you personal help in dealing with the issues at the center of the present problems. It will be private and protected from the public eye such that neither your image nor reputation ought be damaged. Should you choose different professional help, it must be acceptable to this committee.

At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated.

The issues in this proposal are not negotiable. Should they be unacceptable to you – we hope sincerely they will be acceptable – we will proceed promptly with further investigation of the facts regarding the matter at hand. In that case we will need a list of witnesses you would like us to hear. We will offer Danny the same opportunity. Once we have had opportunity to hear the evidence, we will be in a better position to make recommendations to the full board based upon that evidence. Based on the facts we already know, however, we think pursuing such a course would make any future role for you at 3ABN unlikely.

That is why, Linda, we are pleading with you to accept this proposal for healing and restoration. This is God's ministry. He has chosen you to be a part of it. We want you to continue to be a part of it. But in order for that to happen really important things must change.

Sincerely,

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of the Board of Directors, 3ABN
Committee members include Nicholas P. Miller, Bill Hulsey and Kay Kuzma (by invitation)

Your signature here will confirm your agreement with this proposal. Please sign and return copy within 24 hours of receipt of this letter.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 8 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #124

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Now, somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but the below post by Glenetta says that Linda refused to come back...............Werent' these out of state counselling sessions done during the time 3ABN was paying for Linda to be out of So. IL?

inga I have read through the post. I read Danny and Linda counseled with licensed, trained counselors, whom were out of the state, 2 of them to be exact and then I don't know if I heard it or read it that it totalled a 8 hour period of time. Then because I want to know truth I can tell you 3ABN can verify this all with receipts from the counselors. And by the way it was Linda who refused to go back. Maybe the pregnancy test was already used, and the rabbit died. What a horriable thought!!! I just would never have thought it of her. Why drag Elder Finley into the mess, let him alone so he can reach souls for Christ.

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 8 2007, 05:21 PM) [snapback]183917[/snapback]

What happened to "turn the other cheek" dear?
Note: I would suggest that readers actually click on the link above to see the actual post by PrincessDrRe as it is a compilation of several different posters and is a little more clear in the original.
--------------------
Aletheia posted March 8th:
Please show me where in all of this that PrincessDrRe claims that Linda never got professional counseling. Glenetta mentioned that there were receipts from the couple in Kansas.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Mar 8 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(gardener @ Mar 7 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]183598[/snapback]

Danny is the one who made a scene on world wide TV. Very poorly handled. I stood in front of the TV with my mouth open and I didn't even know at that time what it was all about. It was shameful. no.gif

Any chance anyone has that recorded?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 8 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 8 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]183978[/snapback]

I'd like a copy. Can anyone send one to me?

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 8 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #127

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Maybe someone could put it on YouTube.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 8 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #128

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 8 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]184004[/snapback]

Maybe someone could put it on YouTube.
Glad somebody else said it aloud. spoton.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 8 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #129

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 8 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]184002[/snapback]

I'd like a copy. Can anyone send one to me?

I'll see if I can get my hands on it. I was thinking of looking for it anyway. I think I remember watching it myself, but I might be thinking of the Sabbath services.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Mar 8 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Mar 8 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]183978[/snapback]

The archives I looked at online I found all from May 2004 were removed.
Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 9 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 8 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]183952[/snapback]

on my worse day my mind functions better than yours... you danced around two simple questions... they you attempt to deflect them and answer my questions with questions of your own.... it aint workin dude.....

you cannot prove anything so you need to go somewhere and hush........

I knew you weren't capable of answering. You have nothing to say.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Mar 9 2007, 02:17 AM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]184020[/snapback]

Okay, so there's proof Linda committed adultery (you say).

Have you seen it yourself, or did someone tell you it exists?

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 6 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]175885[/snapback]

I was referring to something in one of the emails where (and I can't tell you who since I could not get back to it) someone points out to ASI/HL that other issues must be considered because someone who had brought something possibly unethical to the attention of DS eventually resigned due to manufactured evidence against him/her. Since questions have been asked and speculation raised that Nick Miller did not resign merely because he had better things to do with his time, I wondered if that was the person that was essentially forced to resign if I read the email correctly.

This is what I'm afraid of, for Linda. Given enough time and the right software, a determined person with a computer can make anything. Even "proof."

So whatever your people have got had better be pretty good.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 9 2007, 03:31 AM
Post #133

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 8 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]183787[/snapback]

Gailon tells me that while Linda was walking with Elder Thorvaldsson and Dr. Abrahamsen in a park or some such place around the time of the May 2004 camp meeting, that Danny called Linda to tell her how nice the dress was that she was wearing. Any truth in this, that the P.I.'s were transmitting pictures like that?

Would this constitute a form of harassment that would be a violation of the 3ABN employee handbook? If so, what recourse was there for Linda to report Danny Shelton for harassment?

The three of us went for a stroll in the Abraham Lincoln Park at Springfield. Arild and I had planned on worshiping with the 3ABN family that day, but that was not to be because of Danny's threats. Around noon we drove from Marion to Springfield and there we had contact with Linda and went to the park.

Shortly after that Linda received a phone call from Danny where he told her he had a picture of us and commented on the dress she was wearing, apparently as a proof to let us know that it was a real picture of her. We never saw that picture. Could it be that Danny had just received a description of her dress via phone from the PI? Were they checking with Danny to make sure they were chasing the right people?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 9 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #134

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]184020[/snapback]

and neither do you.... from the start you have posted alot, and said nothing.... you have no proof of adultery and you stood by while a person was fired without just cause, and her reputation trashed....

Don't deflect.... put up.... or shut up.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 9 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #135

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 9 2007, 01:52 AM) [snapback]184020[/snapback]

yawn.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church