Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:33 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Noahswife
post Mar 9 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #136

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]183877[/snapback]

I'm quite sure it suits your purpose to try and make the readers here see all the people you disagree with, as you portray them, simply being blindly loyal and defending someone in a biased manner, but it's simply not true.

So Aletheia, please tell me the purpose of your post to HollybyGolly I have linked:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=184067

As, IMO, your personal attack of PB was "simply not true".

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 9 2007, 12:30 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 9 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #137

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Mar 9 2007, 03:17 AM) [snapback]184038[/snapback]

This is what I'm afraid of, for Linda. Given enough time and the right software, a determined person with a computer can make anything. Even "proof."

So whatever your people have got had better be pretty good.

If they doctor images, the software that does the editing leaves a digital footprint; one needs to know how to view it... but whether an image is authentic or doctored is easily determined...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 11 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #138

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

According to a new letter posted at http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...t-the-house.htm, by May 16, 2004 Danny was talking about buying Linda's half of the house, and Linda thinks he was doing that already in April.

When did Danny give up trying to make things work, and decided instead that they were definitely going to split up?

+Quote Post
Jvat
post Mar 11 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #139

Advanced Member

Member No.: 514

What saddens me about all of this and it comes out clearly thru the letters, is that Danny really seemed to be unconcerned about the plight of Nathan. The least that he could have done was appear to be interested in the young man's recovery. All I see in the letters from both Walt and Danny are just issues of control and jumping to judgement. So pathetic. Surely does not reflect too well on either of them. There is no way that he has shown categorically that his wife was not actually involved in discussing issues about her son with the doctor. All I see are accusations that in fact inappropriate talks were taking place, with no apparent proof! What a shame!

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 11 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #140

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

And it looks like from http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...-of-what-02.htm that Danny acknowledges that Linda was innocent at least through the end of March 2004, even when she was planning the alleged vacation to Florida in February with Brenda Walsh.

That web page also refers to another email of September 8, 2004. Wonder when that one will be online?

+Quote Post
daylily
post Mar 11 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

If Danny actually did write those two latest emails just posted today, Mar 11, he has got be nuts! That has to be the most infantile writing I have EVER seen from a supposed adult and a Christian one at that.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 11 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #142

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Jvat @ Mar 11 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]184549[/snapback]

What saddens me about all of this and it comes out clearly thru the letters, is that Danny really seemed to be unconcerned about the plight of Nathan. The least that he could have done was appear to be interested in the young man's recovery. All I see in the letters from both Walt and Danny are just issues of control and jumping to judgement. So pathetic. Surely does not reflect too well on either of them. There is no way that he has shown categorically that his wife was not actually involved in discussing issues about her son with the doctor. All I see are accusations that in fact inappropriate talks were taking place, with no apparent proof! What a shame!

We must understand how essential it is to diminish the references to Nathan for Danny's camp. Strangely, but it seems like they think that if they do not manage to obscure his involvement they will have a greater problem convincing the world that Linda was all wrong.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Mar 11 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Johann @ Mar 11 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]184598[/snapback]

We must understand how essential it is to diminish the references to Nathan for Danny's camp. Strangely, but it seems like they think that if they do not manage to obscure his involvement they will have a greater problem convincing the world that Linda was all wrong.

I have noted that when some member in a family has a drug problem, everyone is affected. Mom, Dad and any relatives can't think of anything else. It is so disturbing that nothing else matters. And a person thinking romantically about a doctor when her son is on drugs?? Forget that! If Danny wasn't caring, that is a very dysfunctional home.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 12 2007, 04:17 AM
Post #144

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Ralph @ Mar 12 2007, 07:30 AM) [snapback]184636[/snapback]

I have noted that when some member in a family has a drug problem, everyone is affected. Mom, Dad and any relatives can't think of anything else. It is so disturbing that nothing else matters. And a person thinking romantically about a doctor when her son is on drugs?? Forget that! If Danny wasn't caring, that is a very dysfunctional home.

And I noticed this lack of care from Danny's side clearly already three months before Dr. Arild Abrahamsen arrived at 3ABN. Like both pastor John Lomacang and Dr. Walt Thompson said very early, was that Dr. Abrahamsen arrived so conveniently for Danny to make him his scapegoat to get rid of Linda. Both of these men have probably conveniently forgotten now that they ever said such a thing. But neither I nor Arild Abrahamsen have forgotten their words.

QUOTE(daylily @ Mar 11 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]184597[/snapback]

If Danny actually did write those two latest emails just posted today, Mar 11, he has got be nuts! That has to be the most infantile writing I have EVER seen from a supposed adult and a Christian one at that.

Unfortunately for him, you are not the only one who thinks so. As I have said, Danny Shelton is Danny Shelton's worst enemy.

This post has been edited by Johann: Mar 12 2007, 04:12 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 12 2007, 06:42 AM
Post #145

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Ralph @ Mar 11 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]184636[/snapback]

As one who has taken some professional training in treating people with substance abuse (No, I am not an expert in that field.) I can tell you that such treatment is most effective when all close family members are involved in the treatment program. It is a major hinderance to that treatment for a (step)parent to not be involved. Such will place a significant additional burden on the other (step)parent who is cooperating with the treatment program.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 12 2007, 07:16 AM
Post #146

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

I have a question about the email and letter Walt Thompson sent to Linda on May 4, 2004, the full text of which can be seen by the link below.

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...y-ultimatum.htm

I have just re-read all of the posts made on this thread since the posting of the May 4th ultimatum to Linda over on save3abn.com. Aside from Aletheia's post #80 on page 6, http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=183814 , where she says:

Linda didn't reply according to WT, nor did she do anything asked, do you think, maybe, that gave them a clue, to proceed and take it to the full board?

I haven't found anywhere else in this thread where it is stated whether or not the 30-day leave of absence was granted to Linda.

There has been lots of discussion here and verification by both sides that she went to the counselling in Kansas with Danny. Was this as as a result of the ultimatum? Panama_Pete brought up that the employees were told to erase all traces of Linda from 3abn during that 30-day period while Linda was to be reflecting and hopefully changing her course so that her marriage and position could be restored.

Bystander, wwjd, Lee, since you have access to Danny who was actually there during this period and would, therefore, be a first-hand witness, could you please find out for me if Linda's 30-day leave of absence was granted?

Thank you,

PB

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Mar 12 2007, 07:39 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 12 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #147

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 12 2007, 08:16 AM) [snapback]184660[/snapback]

I have a question about the email and letter Walt Thompson sent to Linda on May 4, 2004, the full text of which can be seen by the link below.

http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...y-ultimatum.htm

I have just re-read all of the posts made on this thread since the posting of the May 4th ultimatum to Linda over on save3abn.com. Aside from Aletheia's post #80 on page 6, http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=183814 , where she says:
I haven't found anywhere else in this thread where it is stated whether or not the 30-day leave of absence was granted to Linda.

There has been lots of discussion here and verification by both sides that she went to the counselling in Kansas with Danny. Was this as as a result of the ultimatum? Panama_Pete brought up that the employees were told to erase all traces of Linda from 3abn during that 30-day period while Linda was to be reflecting and hopefully changing her course so that her marriage and position could be restored.

Bystander, wwjd, Lee, since you have access to Danny who was actually there during this period and would, therefore, be a first-hand witness, could you please find out for me if Linda's 30-day leave of absence was granted?

Thank you,

PB

It seems self-evident that the 30 day leave of absence with its implied possibility of meaning that Linda could be restored to 3abn did not happen. From clues in other emails however, it is quite likely that there in actuality was no implied posibility of her returning to 3abn... and by this time Danny was telling her verbally that he wanted her to leave him as well. And yes, I know that is opposite to what he was saying to others at the time.... but he was not consistent in his emails to various people an this matter... sometimes contradicting himself in the same email.... or in an email sent a few hours after another.

But primarily I want to comment here on the sentence and question that I bolded above. The counseling session in Kansas was one in which both Danny and Linda were present. If you will read the letter from Walt Thompson carefully you will note that he specified the specific counselor to which Linda was to go for these 30 days, Ron and Nancy Rocky, and this was to be a "live in" relationship, not merely a series of counseling sessions. 30 days incommunicado with anyone other than the Rocky's and her "immediate family". One has to wonder what would have happened to Linda had she chosen to accept this offer.

One also has to wonder what the Rocky's knew before they agreed to "open their home to her". They are, after all, reputable counselors who give seminars in Adventist churches. It would, I would think, be of interest to know exactly what they were told and what plans they had for that 30 day period.

Notice also that she was free to choose another counselor only if they approved of her choice.

Notice also the life-time comment in one part of the ultimatum.

And do understand that besides the ultimatums that appear in this letter, there were others that were conveyed elsewhere. Read this one carefully and do not neglect reading "between the lines". Perhaps someone will share some of the other requirements that accompanied this.

As for Aletheia's comment.... notice the part that she omitted when she quoted from Thompson's letter.... including promises that he did not keep.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 12 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #148

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 12 2007, 08:01 AM) [snapback]184680[/snapback]

It seems self-evident that the 30 day leave of absence with its implied possibility of meaning that Linda could be restored to 3abn did not happen. From clues in other emails however, it is quite likely that there in actuality was no implied posibility of her returning to 3abn... and by this time Danny was telling her verbally that he wanted her to leave him as well. And yes, I know that is opposite to what he was saying to others at the time.... but he was not consistent in his emails to various people an this matter... sometimes contradicting himself in the same email.... or in an email sent a few hours after another.

But primarily I want to comment here on the sentence and question that I bolded above. The counseling session in Kansas was one in which both Danny and Linda were present. If you will read the letter from Walt Thompson carefully you will note that he specified the specific counselor to which Linda was to go for these 30 days, Ron and Nancy Rocky, and this was to be a "live in" relationship, not merely a series of counseling sessions. 30 days incommunicado with anyone other than the Rocky's and her "immediate family". One has to wonder what would have happened to Linda had she chosen to accept this offer.

One also has to wonder what the Rocky's knew before they agreed to "open their home to her". They are, after all, reputable counselors who give seminars in Adventist churches. It would, I would think, be of interest to know exactly what they were told and what plans they had for that 30 day period.

Notice also that she was free to choose another counselor only if they approved of her choice.

And do understand that besides the ultimatums that appear in this letter, there were others that were conveyed elsewhere. Read this one carefully and do not neglect reading "between the lines". Perhaps someone will share some of the other requirements that accompanied this.

As for Aletheia's comment.... notice the part that she omitted when she quoted from Thompson's letter.... including promises that he did not keep.

WB,
Thanks for your clarification about Ron and Nancy Rocky.

Does anyone know when the counselling session in Kansas took place? Was it April, May, or?

Bystander, wwjd, Lee,

Can you add any information about the counselling session in Kansas? Glenetta said there were receipts for this time (her comments were posted by Aletheia). Also, I still would like to know if Linda's 30-day leave of absence was granted. It seems to me, from all I have read, that she was not in the 3abn area during this time.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 12 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #149

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 12 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]184680[/snapback]

Correction to the above. It is Ron and Nancy Rockey, who are the counselors of which I spoke above. I am assuming that they are the same as the ones mentioned in Walt Thompson's letter, and that he only mispelled their names. But of course I cannot prove that.

I can, however, give the website for Ron and Nancy Rockey's ministry.... Your Life Renewal Institute .... in case anyone wants to check them out.

btw.... Their ministry was formerly called "It's Fixable", and the website was http://www.itsfixable.com/. That url still works but goes to their new ministry page given above.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 12 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #150

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Since the Rockeys are in Pennsylvania, right?, they wouldn't be the ones in Kansas.

PB,

Danny and Linda were flying back from seeing the Nazarene counselors on April 15, based on an email from Danny.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church