Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=210 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:43 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Noahswife
post Mar 16 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #211

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 16 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]185710[/snapback]

Pickle, you do know that in order to receive royalties on books they must be SOLD for MONEY right? You are correct that the Ten Commandment books were FREE. So where are the "hundreds of thousands of dollars in royalties from these books" supposed to come from? Thin air?

Lee, somebody had to print those books and ship them. Were they paid for their services or was that all donated?

IF they were paid, where did that money come from?

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 16 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #212

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 16 2007, 09:08 AM) [snapback]185710[/snapback]

Pickle, you do know that in order to receive royalties on books they must be SOLD for MONEY right? You are correct that the Ten Commandment books were FREE. So where are the "hundreds of thousands of dollars in royalties from these books" supposed to come from? Thin air?

Lee,

It is my understanding that 3abn bought the Books from the company that printed them, is that true.

yes or no.

next royalties would have have been paid ( if they where) by the printing company.

I have heard various numbers about the number of books that were given out 2-3 million, my little church gave out about 100 it self.

so the books claims to have tow author's danny being one of them.

So the question is did danny and the author get paid to right the book, again that is yes or no question.

if they got paid it was either a flat amount for the Book, or it was a royalty.

either way if they got paid then i belief that would need to disclosed in the divorce hearing.

Has to the amount they got paid that is any ones guess, but even if you took .10 cents a book that would on the low end 200,000(.10X2,000,000 books.) and then if you split that two ways would be 100,000 each. and you know what i do even have a problem with getting paid to write the book that is fair.

but you would still need to disclose that in the divorce case.

hope that helps.

Erik

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 16 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #213

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 16 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]185710[/snapback]

Yup... thin air. The thin air that carries donor money to 3abn. And I don't think "royalties" is quite the right word. It's just a simple matter of producing and selling them for "slightly" more than the cost of producing. 3abn buys them from Danny.... then turns around and either sells them or gives them away.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 16 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #214

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

I have been trying to search through the posts and find where it speaks about Gailon Arthur Joy passing out these books last May. It seems to me that during this discussion there was talk about donors sending money to pay for their printing or buying lots outright for distribution. I can't seem to find the posts right now and have to leave for awhile. Is there someone who remembers this discussion?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 16 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #215

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 16 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]185710[/snapback]

Lee,

We have someone high up claiming that Danny hid his profits on the book from his own board members, and that the probable profits he made could jeopardize 3ABN's tax exemption.

Then we have Danny personally telling me that he might disclose how much profit he made after the settlement, which is a clear indication that he made a killing, and that he is trying to gip his ex.

Even if Linda is Jezebel personified, it is still wrong for Danny to gip his ex.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 16 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #216

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Bob, I don't understand why they don't get that, either.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 16 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]185735[/snapback]

Even if Linda is Jezebel personified, it is still wrong for Danny to gip his ex.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 16 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #217

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

P.S. Do you think, Lee, that he really only has two bank accounts with only $2,500 dollars in them?

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Mar 16 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #218

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 16 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]185730[/snapback]

I have been trying to search through the posts and find where it speaks about Gailon Arthur Joy passing out these books last May. It seems to me that during this discussion there was talk about donors sending money to pay for their printing or buying lots outright for distribution. I can't seem to find the posts right now and have to leave for awhile. Is there someone who remembers this discussion?

Try this discussion... http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12459

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 16 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #219

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

no royalties that I know of.

+Quote Post
sister
post Mar 16 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #220

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 16 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]185809[/snapback]

The above quote from Lee can not be taken as evidence that Danny received no royalties, only that Lee is not aware of what transpired.

Sister

+Quote Post
lurker
post Mar 17 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #221

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Speaking of assets, the Stallion Registration Records and the Stallion Renewal Records for Franklin County should also be checked to see what has been invested in the horses and where they are.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 17 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #222

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(lurker @ Mar 17 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]185961[/snapback]

Speaking of assets, the Stallion Registration Records and the Stallion Renewal Records for Franklin County should also be checked to see what has been invested in the horses and where they are.

Lurker you might be confused. the horse issue that has been brought up here is ancient history. 15 to 18 years ago. Danny and Linda have had their own personal horses off and on for years for pleasure. I am sure that they have bred one to another, at times, and later sold the offspring, like most people do that mess with horses. But it was hardly "big business." In fact, from my knowledge of friends who do the same, they tell me that mostly pleasure ownership will find you in the red because of all the feed, hay, vet bills etc etc. versus selling a baby once in awhile.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Mar 17 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #223

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 16 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]185809[/snapback]

IMO what a stupid remark to make, as tho she is really important and "knows" something...

cuz on another thread she said...
"Erik--I don't know Danny's email. I don't know Danny--have never met the man or Linda."

so, she don't know diddly-squat... wasting bandwidth... IMO

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 17 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #224

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Bystander,

Since you know so much about the horses 15-18 years ago, what can you tell us about Danny's book deals and why he only reported a total of $2500 in two bank accounts several months after the 10 Commandments book campaign that allowed Danny to allegedly pocket hundreds of thousands of dollars?

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 17 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #225

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 17 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]185992[/snapback]

Bystander,

Since you know so much about the horses 15-18 years ago, what can you tell us about Danny's book deals and why he only reported a total of $2500 in two bank accounts several months after the 10 Commandments book campaign that allowed Danny to allegedly pocket hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Bob;

EXACTLY !

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church