Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:50 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Noahswife
post Mar 18 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #241

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]186218[/snapback]

Are you saying they weren't? Then you need to prove that yourself. Sorry. You don't get to make accusations as if they are absolute truth, and then claim anyone who disagrees with you has to run out and offer proof it's untrue or your opinion stands.

It was all very public, if you have evidence of any profits, or money going elsewhere, other then to the printers, then "put up, or please be quiet"

"this is from 3ABN's website:
"This event will also mark a massive distribution of the book The Ten Commandments Twice Removed by Danny Shelton and Shelley Quinn. Through special donations, thousands of books will be made available free of charge (except for shipping costs) to churches and individuals who are willing to pass them out to the public. Hundreds have already expressed interest in passing out thousands of these books already, and we expect many more to get involved in the near future. To get involved with our book distribution, or if you’d like to help in the cost of printing the books, just call us at (800) 752-3226 during regular business hours."

You said above to me, "You don't get to make accusations as if they are absolute truth". Sorry Aletheia, nor should you make statements "as if they are absolute truth".

IF you can show where I have made a claim of knowing anything about the profit from the books, please post it. On the other hand you said and i quote " there were no profits. "
How do you know this to be a fact? Your statement from the 3abn site is not relevant on the issue except to prove that donors are sending money to 3abn who is then paying someone for the books.
Do you know who they are paying for the books?

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 18 2007, 03:00 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 18 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #242

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(erik @ Mar 18 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]186211[/snapback]

Aletheia,

I you are right that I posted off topic,

Aletheia please advise me on the post i have ignored, if do not respond to the post either i did not have time and forget to go back or my question was answered.

Aletheia, I did not mean to accuse of any thing it is just that you seem to be of the option that, that we should Give the powers to be all the room they want and to trust that Danny is not greatly harming the SDA church.

Well i am not inclined to trust the powers that be on this topic,because even if everything here is false the way danny has respond to it is hurting the church's public image.

Aletheia do you remember after waco, all the stuff about the SDA church being some how connected to the eents there, the church was able to deny that there was no connection.

IN the case 3abn we will not be able to say that with much success.
Erik

p.s yes i know i went off topic again, sorry.
Erik
Aletheia,

She very strongly state that we should trust bystander word on things, that is having inside information to my way of thinking.

Aletheia, i agree that you have never claimed to have inside information.
Erik

Eric I appreciate your apology, and I am sorry if I sound wrong, I can't figure out how I sound to others and prevent that, I only know what I mean and how it sounds to me.

And I was talking about the thread you started , to ask about Danny's July 8, 2005 letter...

So, Lee trusts Bystander, that doesn't make her an insider, come on now. If that's the case anyone who trusts the word of someone here who is posting, and claiming to be an insider, or to have inside information, would also be an insider, me and you included. That doesn't make any sense to me..

And the problem with your scenario, is that there would not be all this public talk for you to be worried about if it was handled from the beginning as Christ layed out. Sin and error and divisions and disputes are to be addressed within the Church, not published to those outside the Church. People claiming they want to avoid scandal and shame have published all, and caused the scandal and caused the shame. Of that I am convinced.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 18 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #243

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]186227[/snapback]

Eric I appreciate your apology, and I am sorry if I sound wrong, I can't figure out how I sound to others and prevent that, I only know what I mean and how it sounds to me.

And I was talking about the thread you started , to ask about Danny's July 8, 2005 letter...

So, Lee trusts Bystander, that doesn't make her an insider, come on now. If that's the case anyone who trusts the word of someone here who is posting, and claiming to be an insider, or to have inside information, would also be an insider, me and you included. That doesn't make any sense to me..

And the problem with your scenario, is that there would not be all this public talk for you to be worried about if it was handled from the beginning as Christ layed out. Sin and error and divisions and disputes are to be addressed within the Church, not published to those outside the Church. People claiming they want to avoid scandal and shame have published all, and caused the scandal and caused the shame. Of that I am convinced.

Aletheia,

I think the shame of it happened before most of us we reading and posting about.

the truth is Satan successfully pulled apart a marriage, that is to the most basic botton line truth.

how he did that is what most of us discuss here.

Sadly, not everything here is about danny"s and linda's marriage.

If tha tis all that was here i would have been long gone.

With the knowledge until i heard differently that 3abn would not get a drop of my money.

But the tax case ruling, and the stuff about Tommy has greatly changed my personally willingness to look the other way.

Erik

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 18 2007, 02:52 PM
Post #244

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]186227[/snapback]

Aletheia, may I quote a post from Lee:

I know Bystander also and he is a Christian through and through. He knows so much first-hand at 3ABN and yet becomes frustrated as anyone would because of reading lies on this forum. He has personally known Linda and Danny for 20 years. Bystander would be the first to say he is not perfect--but I tell you, I would rather read his posts any day than many on this forum who are unreasonable, rude and....

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 18 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #245

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 18 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]186223[/snapback]

Sorry Aletheia. IF you can show where I have made a claim of knowing anything about the profit from the books, please post it. On the other hand you said and i quote " there were no profits. "
How do you know this to be a fact? Your statement from the 3abn site is not relevant on the issue except to prove that donors are sending money to 3abn who is then paying someone for the books.
Do you know who they are paying for the books?

nw
C"i"

Certainly I know, otherwise I wouldn't say anything. As I said it was all very upfront and public.

And BTW, it was 3ABN's operators, and mail room etc who were taking the orders and such... Not Danny...

The publisher is "non- profit", and the books were sold for distribution at cost.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/20061300/5/prweb379731.htm
Ten Commandments Day Book Sells Nearly 5 Million Copies in 8 Weeks

Download this press release as an Adobe PDF document.

(PRWEB) May 3, 2006 -- When Dwight Hall set a target to print 2 million books in 2006, little did he know that orders for nearly 5 million books would flood in during the first 3 months of the year. That’s exactly what happened, however, when Remnant Publications, a non-profit Christian printing and publishing company, agreed to publish “Ten Commandments Twice Removed” this spring.

The drive behind the book is the “National Ten Commandments Day” being promoted by Christians around the world. The Ten Commandments Day is a Christian response to what many see as the undermining of the underlying culture that has made America great.

“Ten Commandments Twice Removed”, a new release by Danny Shelton and Shelly Quinn, answers critical questions about the Decalogue with compelling clarity and biblical evidence. With unflinching conviction, the authors join their voices with great Christian leaders like D.L. Moody, John Wesley and Charles Spurgeon, to trumpet the truth—God never revoked His Ten Commandments!

Prominent Christian leaders are urging believers everywhere to celebrate a national, and they hope annual, Ten Commandments Day on May 7, 2006. In response to this call, thousands of Christians have ordered “Ten Commandments Twice Removed” to share with their friends and neighbors.

The logistics of shipping out this volume of orders has been a challenge for Remnant, but the small-town press has been up to it.

“We only have storage facilities for 400,000 books,” says Dwight Hall, president. “There have been paper allocation challenges, plus we have to keep up with our regular printing jobs, so the deluge of orders has been a challenge in some ways.”

It’s a challenge Remnant first started to face in 2005, when it sold 1.6 million copies of “The Passion of Love” in response to Mel Gibson’s hit movie, “Passion of Christ”. Remnant’s first bestseller, this heart-rending book about the life of Christ was carried in Walmarts and many Christian bookstores as well.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 18 2007, 03:06 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 18 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #246

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(from-the-pew @ Mar 16 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]185740[/snapback]

FTP,
Thank you for the information and for helping me get my facts organized! spoton.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 18 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #247

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]186235[/snapback]

Certainly I know, otherwise I wouldn't say anything. As I said it was all very upfront and public.

scratchchin.gif

And BTW, it was 3ABN's operators, and mail room etc who were taking the orders and such... Not Danny...

And this is important or relevant because? uhm.gif

The publisher is "non- profit", and the books were sold for distribution at cost.

Aletheia, what does the fact the publisher is a "non-profit" have to do with the issue? We have seen from the tax case that 3abn does in fact make money even if they have a status as a "non- profit" with state and federal authorities.

And exactly where does the article indicate "the books were sold for distribution at cost?" Am i missing something after reading it twice?

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 18 2007, 03:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 18 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #248

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 18 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]186232[/snapback]

Aletheia, may I quote a post from Lee:

I know Bystander also and he is a Christian through and through. He knows so much first-hand at 3ABN and yet becomes frustrated as anyone would because of reading lies on this forum. He has personally known Linda and Danny for 20 years. Bystander would be the first to say he is not perfect--but I tell you, I would rather read his posts any day than many on this forum who are unreasonable, rude and....

nw
C"i"

Is there some point you are trying to make? I know both Lee and Bystander, and I'm not a insider....

Do you also have a problem with everyone who trusts and believes what Sister writes? If not, why not? if so, you haven't been very vocal about it...

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 18 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]186240[/snapback]

Aletheia, what does the fact the publisher is a "non-profit" have to do with the issue? We have seen from the tax case that 3abn does in fact make money even if they have a status as a "non- profit" with state and federal authorities.

And exactly where does the article indicate "the books were sold for distribution at cost?" Am i missing something after reading it twice?

nw
C"i"

Did you or did you not ask "Do you know who they are paying for the books?" ?

Well there you go, you have your answer.

I'm going to take a break now. I don't believe it's wise to post when I'm irritated, so I make it a practice not to.

Talk to you later...

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 18 2007, 03:26 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 18 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #249

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]186241[/snapback]

Is there some point you are trying to make? I know both Lee and Bystander, and I'm not a insider....

Do you also have a problem with everyone who trusts and believes what Sister writes? If not, why not? if so, you haven't been very vocal about it...
Did you or did you not ask "Do you know who they are paying for the books?" ?

Well there you go, you have your answer.
I'm going to take a break now. I don't believe it's wise to post when I'm irritated, so I make it a practice not to.

Talk to you later...

Now if you could just resist the urge to post when you are confused or motivated to sidetrack the issues we would be getting somewhere......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 18 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #250

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 06:38 AM) [snapback]186138[/snapback]

Hmmm... Whereas you can attack Danny, Tommy, the 3ABN board , and defend Linda, why?

Eric, Sera, do you personally know Danny, Linda or Tommy, or anybody else involved in these 3BN issues??

"By their fruits you shall know them" might be the answer to your question.

the royalties issue is actually a no brainer. Donors paid for them to be printed, those ordering them paid for postage I believe, and there were no profits. The books given out at the ralley were free. Nothing from nothing equals nothing...

Even if what Bob is claiming was true, that Danny hid a huge amount of profits from his board... and did not list it in his personal taxes??
Did his co-author do likewise???

Who paid the alleged huge amount of royalties out to them???

Are you all claiming they hid it and did not report it to the IRS either?
Come on now, Let's all use our God given brains.

Bob has been told there were profits, he is not "claiming" there were, at least that is how I read it. He is asking for someone to refute or corroborate what he has heard, IMO. It is interesting that you would drag Shelly Quinn into the mix.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 18 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #251

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]186235[/snapback]

Aletheia,

i think that the charge is part of the cost was royalty for danny and shelly.

i personal do not have problem if they got paid just be open about it.

erik

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 18 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #252

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 18 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]186244[/snapback]

"By their fruits you shall know them" might be the answer to your question.
Bob has been told there were profits, he is not "claiming" there were, at least that is how I read it. He is asking for someone to refute or corroborate what he has heard, IMO. It is interesting that you would drag Shelly Quinn into the mix.

If Dan writes a book, the scenario, for example would be that 3abn pays the publisher a particular amount of money to publish it, then the publisher sends money back to Danny, in essense, 3abn then buys it from Danny (this money that comes in check form to Dan from the publisher), he has made money and can also claim that 3abn is giving it away. Obviously because donors pay 3abn money every month, for which 3abn spends it as they want to.

The publisher would then have to issue something to the govt. showing they sent Danny a check, (which remember came by way of 3abn originally). This is something that should be on his taxes, but you also don't now how things are documented when that check comes in and that would be something Dan might have his bookkeeper post under this or that....

There are reasons that things move around the way they do, and why it's not so simple to say blanket statements like "non-profit" and "no one made money". You don't know that.

There are loopholes, legal loopholes, and there are loopholes that one might think they have created that may be legal.

Dan used a different publisher for this book. My understanding is Dan didn't go through Pacific Press (the church presses) or the usual publisher he has used in the past for other books that can do things the cheapest way. He went through a publisher for this book that had to outsource the printing. That in itself doesn't make sense to some.

dunno.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 18 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #253

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 18 2007, 08:47 AM) [snapback]186160[/snapback]

Erik, I could not agree more about the videos. Barbara has indicated she can not even get an answer to her questions about them. She has said that she has international requests for her her cooking shows. I believe she has indicated she received only a financial pittance for all her years of working on the shows.

Observer said it very well that 3abn could use some good PR right now. Why in the world would they not donate them or even negotiate in good faith a fair price if they felt they should receive some compensation for tapes they are never going to use again themselves?

Also Erik, Aletheia does not seem to understand the difference between attacking a poster and asking her to consider whether she lives up to her own words that she uses against other posters.

nw
C"i"

It would, indeed, be the kind and Christian thing to give Barbara Kerr those tapes that she poured so much time, travel, personal sacrifice and energy into creating. It would also be a very positive PR move on 3ABN's part to provide them to her and allow free use of their content anywhere Barbara has cultifvated the interest.

Sadly, WB's post in reply to your own probably hits very close to the truth of the matter. Such a pity that pride and downright mean-spiritedness appears to be at play in keeping Barbara's health ministry from such a useful tool as these videos.

Is it because Linda appears on the videos and airing them might rekindle interest in Linda's own ministry? Is it that someone at 3abn wants to punish Barbara for being Linda's friend? One must wonder what that answer might be.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 18 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #254

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

sonshineonme,
Those are all valid points.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 18 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #255

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 18 2007, 05:55 PM) [snapback]186252[/snapback]

Is it because Linda appears on the videos and airing them might rekindle interest in Linda's own ministry? Is it that someone at 3abn wants to punish Barbara for being Linda's friend? One must wonder what that answer might be.

PB

But PB, we know that nothing is being done to hinder Linda's ministry by DS or 3abn right? Isn't that what we were told? That they want her to get on with her life and ministry?

nw
C"i"

--------------------

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church