Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=225 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:45 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
erik
post Mar 17 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #226

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(roxe @ Mar 17 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]185990[/snapback]

IMO what a stupid remark to make, as tho she is really important and "knows" something...

cuz on another thread she said...
"Erik--I don't know Danny's email. I don't know Danny--have never met the man or Linda."

so, she don't know diddly-squat... wasting bandwidth... IMO

Well if she does not know danny, then why is she defending him.

that could prove to be a very poor choice.

Erik
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 17 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #227

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(erik @ Mar 18 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]186054[/snapback]

Erik

We have heard that idolatry, even from afar, tends to addle the noddle. dunno.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 17 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #228

Advanced Member

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 17 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]186060[/snapback]

We have heard that idolatry, even from afar, tends to addle the noddle. dunno.gif

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

thank you a great laugh.

erik

+Quote Post
lurker
post Mar 18 2007, 05:14 AM
Post #229

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 17 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]185980[/snapback]

Lurker you might be confused. the horse issue that has been brought up here is ancient history. 15 to 18 years ago. Danny and Linda have had their own personal horses off and on for years for pleasure. I am sure that they have bred one to another, at times, and later sold the offspring, like most people do that mess with horses. But it was hardly "big business." In fact, from my knowledge of friends who do the same, they tell me that mostly pleasure ownership will find you in the red because of all the feed, hay, vet bills etc etc. versus selling a baby once in awhile.

Here is why I mentioned the horses. Bystander made this statement.

[quote name='Bystander' date='Feb 6 2007, 02:45 PM' post='#34']
As far as marital property, there seems to be a big misunderstanding here as usual. She already got more than her share, in my opinion. Danny bought our her share of the house and contents then, I believe if memory serves me, ended up giving her a good portion of the contents that he had already paid her for. To my knowledge she either took what she wanted or if she didn't, she was paid for that item. Unless something in the last 6 months has changed, that I don't know about, the only thing that was NOT settled was over some horses that they owned. It is my opinion that, that is what most of the lititgation has been about. Again, I say, unless something has changed that I don't know about. [\quote]

It doesn't matter what was spent on them or whether they made a profit. What would matter is their current value and whether assets are being hidden or misstated. I didn't even mention the mares or any geldings. Also saddles, tack etc.

This post has been edited by lurker: Mar 18 2007, 07:49 AM

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 18 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #230

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(erik @ Mar 18 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]186054[/snapback]

Erik

Hmmm... Whereas you can attack Danny, Tommy, the 3ABN board , and defend Linda, why?

Eric, Sera, do you personally know Danny, Linda or Tommy, or anybody else involved in these 3BN issues??

the royalties issue is actually a no brainer. Donors paid for them to be printed, those ordering them paid for postage I believe, and there were no profits. The books given out at the ralley were free. Nothing from nothing equals nothing...

Even if what Bob is claiming was true, that Danny hid a huge amount of profits from his board... and did not list it in his personal taxes??
Did his co-author do likewise???

Who paid the alleged huge amount of royalties out to them???

Are you all claiming they hid it and did not report it to the IRS either?

Come on now, Let's all use our God given brains.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 18 2007, 08:43 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 18 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #231

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]186138[/snapback]
the royalties issue is actually a no brainer. Donors paid for them to be printed, those ordering them paid for postage I believe, and there were no profits., Nothing from nothing equals nothing...

Even if what Bob is claiming was true, that Danny hid a huge amount of profits from his board... and did not list it in his personal taxes??

Who paid the alleged royalties out???

Are you all claiming the alleged payee hid it from the IRS also?

Ah yes... that line that I bolded.... that would be a very good idea. There are many clues here on BSDA as to what happens in the production of the books that are printed and either sold by 3abn or given away. Find them.... and you will at least know what is being alleged. If you don't know that yet, then it is only one more proof that you do not read to learn what is being said before you jump in with your opinons and "questions".

I believe you will find that "royalties" has a specific meaning that may not be applicable.... but then, one would not dare speak of "profit" in a "non-profit organization".... so....

What I keep wondering is whether there may sometime be something that causes you to go outside your little circle of Dannydefenders in your search for answers to your questions.... which are, in this case at least, a very excellent set of questions, and ones that really do need answers.

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 18 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #232

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 06:38 AM) [snapback]186138[/snapback]

Hmmm... Whereas you can attack Danny, Tommy, the 3ABN board , and defend Linda, why?

Eric, Sera, do you personally know Danny, Linda or Tommy, or anybody else involved in these 3BN issues??

the royalties issue is actually a no brainer. Donors paid for them to be printed, those ordering them paid for postage I believe, and there were no profits. The books given out at the ralley were free. Nothing from nothing equals nothing...

Who paid the alleged huge amount of royalties out to them???

Are you all claiming they hid it and did not report it to the IRS either?

Aletheia,

No I do not personal know either Linda or Danny, or tommy.

Meet Linda and and Danny once.

I have never claimed to have inside information, Unlike some of the Pro-Danny crowd.

But I can read the first hand accounts of what has happened and that makes me really question the 3abn crowd.

Let give just one small out of the way issue, the Barbara Kerr Cooking Program Master Video's.

I personally can think of no reason under the sun that 3abn would have for not turning those over to
Mrs. Kerr I mean if the True and only Goal of 3abn is spreading the gospel, and christian lifestyle then why not let her have them.

Is it fair for outsider to look that and ask question, well yes i believe it is, from the tone of your posts, i guess you think it would be better to just trust those in charge.

Erik

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 18 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #233

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(erik @ Mar 18 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]186153[/snapback]

Let give just one small out of the way issue, the Barbara Kerr Cooking Program Master Video's.

I personally can think of no reason under the sun that 3abn would have for not turning those over to
Mrs. Kerr I mean if the True and only Goal of 3abn is spreading the gospel, and christian lifestyle then why not let her have them.

Is it fair for outsider to look that and ask question, well yes i believe it is, from the tone of your posts, i guess you think it would be better to just trust those in charge.
Erik

Erik, I could not agree more about the videos. Barbara has indicated she can not even get an answer to her questions about them. She has said that she has international requests for her her cooking shows. I believe she has indicated she received only a financial pittance for all her years of working on the shows.

Observer said it very well that 3abn could use some good PR right now. Why in the world would they not donate them or even negotiate in good faith a fair price if they felt they should receive some compensation for tapes they are never going to use again themselves?

Also Erik, Aletheia does not seem to understand the difference between attacking a poster and asking her to consider whether she lives up to her own words that she uses against other posters.

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 18 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #234

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 18 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]186160[/snapback]

Erik, I could not agree more about the videos. Barbara has indicated she can not even get an answer to her questions about them. She has said that she has international requests for her her cooking shows. I believe she has indicated she received only a financial pittance for all her years of working on the shows.

Observer said it very well that 3abn could use some good PR right now. Why in the world would they not donate them or even negotiate in good faith a fair price if they felt they should receive some compensation for tapes they are never going to use again themselves?

nw
C"i"

I agree with both of you that the fact they will not give Barbara her tapes are very significant to our overall understanding of the whole picture.

But.... scratchchin.gif ....... once we put that alongside other pieces of the picture, then I don't see how you can wonder why they would not assent to her request. What would she do with them if she has them? Wouldn't she be putting them on the air somewhere? And wasn't Linda involved in all of the programming, so if they went on the air Linda would also be on the air along with her?

....... doh.gif.......... Surely you have heard enough by now to realize that it was not enough for Danny to completely delete her from 3abn and from his personal life.... but he is impelled to make sure that she doesn't reappear somewhere else as well...... even on someone else's programming.... (check out Mabel Dunbar's letter which is pinned at the top as well as Barbara Kerr's and other letters which tell of churches being instructed to refuse to allow her to present either song or sermon at their churches). So it would be unthinkable for him to give the tapes to Barbara Kerr, thus giving Linda not only air time somewhere, but air time of things that were originally done on a 3abn set!

Will Barbara ever get her videos..... uhm.gif ....... no.gif ..... not so long as Linda remains on the blacklist and the House of Shelton remains under it's present leadership!

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 18 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #235

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Anyone know what Walt Thompson has to say about his claims two years ago that he had never had evidence that Linda committed adultery?

I think the question that page asks is a good one: If Linda was fired for having a doctor-patient relationship that was not adulterous, why hasn't Walt Thompson called for the firing of Danny for a) having a girlfriend prior to Walt's March 2005 claim, and b ) Danny's marrying her a year later?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Mar 18 2007, 11:59 AM

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 18 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #236

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 18 2007, 09:12 AM) [snapback]186169[/snapback]

I agree with both of you that the fact they will not give Barbara her tapes are very significant to our overall understanding of the whole picture.

But.... scratchchin.gif ....... once we put that alongside other pieces of the picture, then I don't see how you can wonder why they would not assent to her request. What would she do with them if she has them? Wouldn't she be putting them on the air somewhere? And wasn't Linda involved in all of the programming, so if they went on the air Linda would also be on the air along with her?

....... doh.gif.......... Surely you have heard enough by now to realize that it was not enough for Danny to completely delete her from 3abn and from his personal life.... but he is impelled to make sure that she doesn't reappear somewhere else as well...... even on someone else's programming.... (check out Mabel Dunbar's letter which is pinned at the top as well as Barbara Kerr's and other letters which tell of churches being instructed to refuse to allow her to present either song or sermon at their churches). So it would be unthinkable for him to give the tapes to Barbara Kerr, thus giving Linda not only air time somewhere, but air time of things that were originally done on a 3abn set!

Will Barbara ever get her videos..... uhm.gif ....... no.gif ..... not so long as Linda remains on the blacklist and the House of Shelton remains under it's present leadership!

watchbird,

I was just trying out to Aletheia, that maybe there things which both sides admit are truth, that makes it very hard to believe that Danny Shelton is with out Guilt, on the other hand some of Linda's actions so far have left me wondering why she did what she did.

In either case, there is no reason under the sun that has been shown why Barbara
Kerr should be not allowed to have her tapes ,and rebroadcast them any way she thinks she should, i mean come folks, is linda such a dangerous woman that having her on cooking class on a network in china is some how going to hurt the ministry of 3abn hat is just beyond my small brain ability to understand.

Erik

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 18 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #237

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(erik @ Mar 18 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]186194[/snapback]

watchbird,

I was just trying out to Aletheia, that maybe there things which both sides admit are truth, that makes it very hard to believe that Danny Shelton is with out Guilt, on the other hand some of Linda's actions so far have left me wondering why she did what she did.

In either case, there is no reason under the sun that has been shown why Barbara
Kerr should be not allowed to have her tapes ,and rebroadcast them any way she thinks she should, i mean come folks, is linda such a dangerous woman that having her on cooking class on a network in china is some how going to hurt the ministry of 3abn hat is just beyond my small brain ability to understand.
Erik

I know nothing about Barbara Kerr, except her letters here, and as far as I can tell she and her program have nothing to do with the topic of "Replying to New letters at Save3ABN".

This is another reason it is hard to discuss things with you Eric, you ignore answers which are given to you in reply to your questions, or you bring up something else to accuse with "from the tone of your posts, i guess you think it would be better to just trust those in charge." ( which doesn't relate to anything I posted) or you divert to another topic... Like here.

P.S. -- added in edit mode

As you apparently missed my earlier point.
You wrote:
"I have never claimed to have inside information, Unlike some of the Pro-Danny crowd. But I can read the first hand accounts of what has happened and that makes me really question..."

Lee never claimed that, yet you found fault with her anyway... nor did I claim that anywhere or at anytime. , Can she also have the right to read and also question just as you do, and give her opinion without you claiming "if she doesn't know Danny" she has no business defending him?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 18 2007, 01:31 PM

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 18 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #238

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]186200[/snapback]

I know nothing about Barbara Kerr, except her letters here, and as far as I can tell she and her program have nothing to do with the topic of "Replying to New letters at Save3ABN".

This is another reason it is hard to discuss things with you Eric, you ignore answers which are given to you in reply to your questions, or you bring up something else to accuse with "from the tone of your posts, i guess you think it would be better to just trust those in charge." ( which doesn't relate to anything I posted) or you divert to another topic... Like here.

Aletheia,

I you are right that I posted off topic,

Aletheia please advise me on the post i have ignored, if do not respond to the post either i did not have time and forget to go back or my question was answered.

Aletheia, I did not mean to accuse of any thing it is just that you seem to be of the option that, that we should Give the powers to be all the room they want and to trust that Danny is not greatly harming the SDA church.

Well i am not inclined to trust the powers that be on this topic,because even if everything here is false the way danny has respond to it is hurting the church's public image.

Aletheia do you remember after waco, all the stuff about the SDA church being some how connected to the eents there, the church was able to deny that there was no connection.

IN the case 3abn we will not be able to say that with much success.

Erik

p.s yes i know i went off topic again, sorry.

Erik

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]186200[/snapback]

P.S. -- added in edit mode

As you apparently missed my earlier point.
You wrote:
"I have never claimed to have inside information, Unlike some of the Pro-Danny crowd. But I can read the first hand accounts of what has happened and that makes me really question..."

Lee never claimed that, yet you found fault with her anyway... nor did I claim that anywhere or at anytime. , Can she also have the right to read and also question just as you do, and give her opinion without you claiming "if she doesn't know Danny" she has no business defending him?

Aletheia,

She very strongly state that we should trust bystander word on things, that is having inside information to my way of thinking.

Aletheia, i agree that you have never claimed to have inside information.

Erik

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 18 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #239

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]186138[/snapback]

Donors paid for them to be printed, those ordering them paid for postage I believe, and there were no profits. The books given out at the ralley were free. Nothing from nothing equals nothing...

So how did the donor money make its way to the printer Aletheia since you know there were no profits? Are you saying the printer was the only one paid for their services in connection with the book except for the shipping costs?

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 18 2007, 01:36 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 18 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #240

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 18 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]186212[/snapback]

So how did the donor money make its way to the printer Aletheia since you know there were no profits? Are you saying the printer was the only one paid for their services in connection with the book except for the shipping costs?

Are you saying they weren't? Then you need to prove that yourself. Sorry. You don't get to make accusations as if they are absolute truth, and then claim anyone who disagrees with you has to run out and offer proof it's untrue or your opinion stands.

It was all very public, if you have evidence of any profits, or money going elsewhere, other then to the printers, then "put up, or please be quiet"

"this is from 3ABN's website:
"This event will also mark a massive distribution of the book The Ten Commandments Twice Removed by Danny Shelton and Shelley Quinn. Through special donations, thousands of books will be made available free of charge (except for shipping costs) to churches and individuals who are willing to pass them out to the public. Hundreds have already expressed interest in passing out thousands of these books already, and we expect many more to get involved in the near future. To get involved with our book distribution, or if you’d like to help in the cost of printing the books, just call us at (800) 752-3226 during regular business hours."

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 18 2007, 02:20 PM

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church