Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:52 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Pickle
post Mar 18 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #256

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]186241[/snapback]

I know both Lee and Bystander, and I'm not a insider....

That's real interesting. Perhaps you've rubbed shoulders at the same church or something?

But then, I would think that conservative conference-affiliated or non-conference-affiliated Seventh-day Adventists would have a problem with some of the moral views of Lee and Bystander. Wouldn't they?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 18 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #257

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 18 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]186269[/snapback]

That's real interesting. Perhaps you've rubbed shoulders at the same church or something?

But then, I would think that conservative conference-affiliated or non-conference-affiliated Seventh-day Adventists would have a problem with some of the moral views of Lee and Bystander. Wouldn't they?

That just proves to me you know neither of them, and so have no business making snide comments about either one...

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 18 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #258

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Huh?

Lee suggested that Tommy going after minor and adult males who consented somehow made a difference as far as leadership at 3ABN goes. And Bystander argued that not telling employees and parents about a fellow who had a consenting affair with an adult who happened to be under 18 was fine.

That's a snide comment?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 18 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #259

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

OK, but you aren't, according to you, supposed to know either of them. So, how ar eyou making the statement you are?
QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]186273[/snapback]

That just proves to me you know neither of them, and so have no business making snide comments about either one...

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 18 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #260

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 18 2007, 08:05 PM) [snapback]186290[/snapback]

OK, but you aren't, according to you, supposed to know either of them. So, how ar eyou making the statement you are?

PrincessDi, did you catch this?

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]186241[/snapback]

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 18 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #261

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 18 2007, 08:05 PM) [snapback]186290[/snapback]

Why not? I never said I didn't know Lee, and it was thanks in part to you and your claims that Bystander and I were friends, that we actually met and became friends...

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 18 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]186296[/snapback]

Aletheia:

Problem, Bob?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 18 2007, 08:52 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 18 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #262

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Gurl please, that means you have known him less than three months. All he had to do was to convivnce a mind that was already, and yyet still, too frequently confused about the facts and admittedly lacking in knowledge. By your own admissions, you did not read the information and constantly asked to given information, instead of reading and discerning for yourself. Friends? Aiight, if you say so.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]186306[/snapback]

Why not? I never said I didn't know Lee, and it was thanks in part to you and your claims that Bystander and I were friends, that we actually met and became friends...
Problem, Bob?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Mar 18 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #263

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 2 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]174752[/snapback]

On that note I would like to officially introduce myself (bystander) to you and hope that we can be friends (since we have been accused of that already.)

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 11 2007, 10:37 PM) [snapback]177534[/snapback]

Bystander,

I am sorry about my delayed response here.

I am pleased to make your aquaintance. shake2.gif

Oh, who am I kidding? hug.gif I've very much appreciated all your posts during the last week!

I am sure we're going to be great friends, and a bonus to that will be that those who were already claiming this will now be telling the truth. smile.gif

May God's blessings be yours and the glory be His.

~ Cindy

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 15 2007, 07:18 AM) [snapback]185444[/snapback]

Bystander is someone I personally have come to love as one of the brethren,

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]186241[/snapback]

Aletheia,

You work pretty fast. In just over a month you have gone from someone who did not know Bystander at all, to loving him as a brother, to stating you do know him, but are not and insider...All the while spouting insider info.

Have you been spending large amounts of time on the phone, talking to a man?
Have you talked to him for more than 15 minutes?
Have you been guilty of Spiritual Adultery?
Be honest Aletheia.

I just wrote to Bystander yesterday, telling him that I was reading his post carefully, because I want to know the truth. I am comparing notes between the sides.

And then you post again. You who discredits eyewitnesses. You who plays games with the age of victims. You who acts like the authority on every post, but CONVENIENTLY doesn't know who Duane is when you are caught. You who discounts homosexual activity of a married pastor, by asking dates of employment of the victim.

You said you wanted to stop posting while you were irritated. Why don't you stop posting while you are irritating, and we will be done with your spin.

There used to be a toy that would fit you well. It was called Sit and Spin. If you are interested, you may see one here (http://www.feelingretro.com/view_toy.cfm?id=76)

You don't need to respond, cause I'm already tired of what you have to say.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 18 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #264

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Aletheia,

You work pretty fast. In just over a month you have gone from someone who did not know Bystander at all, to loving him as a brother, to stating you do know him, but are not and insider...All the while spouting insider info.

This is what I have been saying for a couple of weeks now. She got more inside info than Danny....

Be honest Aletheia.

I just wrote to Bystander yesterday, telling him that I was reading his post carefully, because I want to know the truth. I am comparing notes between the sides.

And then you post again. You who discredits eyewitnesses. You who plays games with the age of victims. You who acts like the authority on every post, but CONVENIENTLY doesn't know who Duane is when you are caught. You who discounts homosexual activity of a married pastor, by asking dates of employment of the victim.

You said you wanted to stop posting while you were irritated. Why don't you stop posting while you are irritating, and we will be done with your spin.

There used to be a toy that would fit you well. It was called Sit and Spin. If you are interested, you may see one here (http://www.feelingretro.com/view_toy.cfm?id=76)

You don't need to respond, cause I'm already tired of what you have to say.

rofl1.gif Oops Sorry. I couldn't help it. It slipped out! rofl1.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 18 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #265

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Mar 18 2007, 09:38 PM) [snapback]186322[/snapback]

Aletheia,

Be honest Aletheia.

truth, just look around you. What I have seen here, are many close brothers and sisters who have come love each other through their posts and chats and yet, many many here have never met. Just because we defend 3abn doesn't mean we are not in that same situation. You can get to know a brother or sister in christ in certain kinds of these situations. Is it the same as if you had met and spent time together? No, but sometimes can be a good substitute.
That's fair isn't it?

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 18 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]186312[/snapback]

Gurl please, that means you have known him less than three months. All he had to do was to convivnce a mind that was already, and yyet still, too frequently confused about the facts and admittedly lacking in knowledge. By your own admissions, you did not read the information and constantly asked to given information, instead of reading and discerning for yourself. Friends? Aiight, if you say so.

Now Di, what was that you just posted yesterday about everyone on bsda being your family? How many here have you never met but you are still calling them family. What about those of us that have just been here a few months? Isn't that all it takes to see if you can be friends with that person? C'mon girl...be fair..

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 18 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #266

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I am being fair, and real.. I gots family(real family) members who are less than stellar in their reasoning. you have got to know that my temperment is the one who is going to tell it like it is. She can be family, and still be confused. You can still be family and still be wrong as two left shoes. You dont' have to lose your basic respect and love as a child of God. We are ALL a part of the Family of God, ar we not. Whether I meet you and Cindy in person or not, we are all still God's children, that makes us family. I have abasic love and respect for all of my Father's children. I owuld tell any sister of mine the same thing if she claimed to meet a man and two months later wasn'ts to believe every single word her says, that is just not long enough, not even for a friendship.

Beleive it or not, I would still ike to see Every single member of BSDA at GC, we plan to meet and I would love to put a face with your name and Cindy's and fellowship, etc. I am not mad at you, just disagreeing with you. I know it takes a bit of christian maturity to get there, and it is not easy, but it saves a lot of stress. That doesn't mean I will still not call 'em as I see ' em, just means I ain't mad atcha!

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 18 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]186326[/snapback]

truth, just look around you. What I have seen here, are many close brothers and sisters who have come love each other through their posts and chats and yet, many many here have never met. Just because we defend 3abn doesn't mean we are not in that same situation. You can get to know a brother or sister in christ in certain kinds of these situations. Is it the same as if you had met and spent time together? No, but sometimes can be a good substitute.
That's fair isn't it?
Now Di, what was that you just posted yesterday about everyone on bsda being your family? How many here have you never met but you are still calling them family. What about those of us that have just been here a few months? Isn't that all it takes to see if you can be friends with that person? C'mon girl...be fair..

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Mar 19 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #267

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 18 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]186326[/snapback]

That's fair isn't it?

Bystander,

I told you yesterday, I am willing to listen to what you have to say. I also told you that Aletheia gets on my last nerve. Every time she posts, my head spins.

When you posted your first entry under Authorized, I felt like some of the points you made were plausible. Some of your explanations sounded reasonable to me. That doesn't mean I believe them to be true at this point, but I believe they could be true.

You and Bob have gone back and forth, both stubbornly sounding like a couple of kids, "I'm not showing you my proof until you show me yours". I just wish if there is proof it would be presented, without all the threats of law suits.

I know this is a pipe dream, but I would love to see Danny and Linda both, ON 3ABN, say they handled a very bad situation poorly, and apologize one to another, and to the viewers.

I would like to see Danny acknowledge that the timing of his Guam divorce and re-marriage gives the appearance of impropriety, and apologize.

I would like to see 3ABN allow a truly INDEPENDENT audit of all records, to put to rest all the financial questions.

The save3ABN site shows an apology letter, purported to be from Tommy, and there have been statements made that he apologized to others.

I would like to see Tommy publicly acknowledge that he has been involved in inappropriate sexual behavior, and apologize to all of those involved.

I don't claim to know the mind of the alleged victims, but I would imagine that most would just like the truth to be known, and to be free from the cover-up.

I would also like to see him receive professional counseling. I know many of you think that would do no good. Please don't attack, THIS IS MY PIPE DREAM.

I would like to see the save3ABN site taken down.

I would like to see all the accusations and fighting stop.

I would like to see the world watch Christians handle things like Christians.

And for Linda, the story of Joseph keeps coming to mind. He was cast in to a pit, sold as a slave, accused of rape, and thrown in prison. He tried to work it out on his own. By talking to the baker Joseph tried to secure his own release. The Lord worked IN HIS TIME, and Joseph was elevated to a high position.

I would like to see Linda allow the Lord to work for her. If she makes the way, she will never be where God could take her.

Most of all, I want to see all who are involved in the whole 3ABN mess make it to heaven. God is able, if those involved are willing.

I apologize for writing such a long post, just to share my dream.

L4T

This post has been edited by lookin4truth: Mar 19 2007, 01:09 AM

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 19 2007, 06:24 AM
Post #268

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Mar 18 2007, 11:36 PM) [snapback]186335[/snapback]

Bystander,

I told you yesterday, I am willing to listen to what you have to say. I also told you that Aletheia gets on my last nerve. Every time she posts, my head spins.

When you posted your first entry under Authorized, I felt like some of the points you made were plausible. Some of your explanations sounded reasonable to me. That doesn't mean I believe them to be true at this point, but I believe they could be true.

You and Bob have gone back and forth, both stubbornly sounding like a couple of kids, "I'm not showing you my proof until you show me yours". I just wish if there is proof it would be presented, without all the threats of law suits.

I know this is a pipe dream, but I would love to see Danny and Linda both, ON 3ABN, say they handled a very bad situation poorly, and apologize one to another, and to the viewers.

I would like to see Danny acknowledge that the timing of his Guam divorce and re-marriage gives the appearance of impropriety, and apologize.

I would like to see 3ABN allow a truly INDEPENDENT audit of all records, to put to rest all the financial questions.

The save3ABN site shows an apology letter, purported to be from Tommy, and there have been statements made that he apologized to others.

I would like to see Tommy publicly acknowledge that he has been involved in inappropriate sexual behavior, and apologize to all of those involved.

I don't claim to know the mind of the alleged victims, but I would imagine that most would just like the truth to be known, and to be free from the cover-up.

I would also like to see him receive professional counseling. I know many of you think that would do no good. Please don't attack, THIS IS MY PIPE DREAM.

I would like to see the save3ABN site taken down.

I would like to see all the accusations and fighting stop.

I would like to see the world watch Christians handle things like Christians.

And for Linda, the story of Joseph keeps coming to mind. He was cast in to a pit, sold as a slave, accused of rape, and thrown in prison. He tried to work it out on his own. By talking to the baker Joseph tried to secure his own release. The Lord worked IN HIS TIME, and Joseph was elevated to a high position.

I would like to see Linda allow the Lord to work for her. If she makes the way, she will never be where God could take her.

Most of all, I want to see all who are involved in the whole 3ABN mess make it to heaven. God is able, if those involved are willing.

I apologize for writing such a long post, just to share my dream.

L4T

All i can say is amen.

Erik

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 19 2007, 07:22 AM
Post #269

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(erik @ Mar 19 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]186345[/snapback]

All i can say is amen.

Erik

Sorry guys.... I cannot agree that "amen" would be an appropriate response to Lookin4truth's descriptions of the content of his "pipe dream", for time moves forward in a cause and effect direction, and once the effects have been caused, they cannot be erased by a few words of apology.... neither can the hands of the clock be turned backwards to change the flow of events... nor to prevent the flow of events that must follow from this point onward in order to bring not only justice, but mercy and healing.

It would probably be much more profitable to "put down the pipe and back slowly away from it" and take a realistic, wide awake look at where we are, where life needs to go.... for everyone on all sides.... what it will take to move in that direction.... including what persons will need in the future as they attempt to come to grips with historical facts of which, at present, they are totally ignorant of, or in denial about.

There are no magic wands.... no way to turn back the hands of time..... no way to cause what has happened to have not happened.... no way to cause those who made bad decisions to go back and change them.... and no way to make them make better decisions in the future.

So my suggestion is.... to sort through the dreams..... ask the hard questions of what is possible now that what has happened has happened. And don't come back with an trite, "With God all things are possible". Taken out of the context in which is was written, that is simply not true. God cannot rewrite history. God cannot force the human will. God cannot save those who cling to their sins. There are many things that God cannot do...

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Mar 19 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #270

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 18 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]186235[/snapback]

Certainly I know, otherwise I wouldn't say anything. As I said it was all very upfront and public.

And BTW, it was 3ABN's operators, and mail room etc who were taking the orders and such... Not Danny...

The publisher is "non- profit", and the books were sold for distribution at cost.

You are saying that DLS Publications, Inc. is a non-profit publisher? Are you sure, Aletheia? (DLS=Danny Lee Shelton.)

What you did, Aletheia, is palmed-off a press release from the printer of the books, Remnant Publications. The printer is not the publisher and you know that. The press release simply said Remnant "printed" the books. Nowhere does your press release say Remnant is the publisher.

Aletheia, go to the Avondale College Library Catalog . It's about 73 items down on Avondale's New Book list.
You must consider the possibility that the books could have been sold at a profit from DLS to 3ABN. At what price, Aletheia? How do you know that these books were sold by DLS at cost? Danny Lee Shelton's cost to 3ABN, or Remnant Publication's printing costs for the physical items to DLS Publications, Inc.? What in the world are you talking about, Aletheia?

Avondale College
New Titles Listing
February 2007

236.9 Sh4

The Antichrist agenda : Ten commandments twice removed / Danny Shelton, Shelley J. Quinn.
Shelton, Danny. [West Frankfort, Ill.?] : DLS Publishing, c2004.
Library catalogue holdings details

http://library.avondale.edu.au/files/new_t...bruary2007.html

Since you claim to be in the know, Aletheia, please explain this. Let me tell you a secret, though. I know you haven't seen the 3ABN account books, or the DLS Publications account books, because few people get to see those. And without seeing the financial books for both 3ABN and DLS Publications, Inc., how can you know anything beyond nonsensical gibberish?

Pete

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church