Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12418&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:46:25 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Letters At Save3abn
Panama_Pete
post Mar 8 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 8 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]183793[/snapback]

What email address was this "plain" warning email sent to? Was it to Johann's email address? Was Johann in Norway to receive it 2 hours before campmeeting started?

While some of you in your group may be fond of Captain Picard and Star Trek, I must inform you that Transporters have yet to be invented.

While I don't know what happend to that e-mail. However, if it went to Norway, it arrived 3 minutes before midnight.

04:57:00 p.m. Thursday May 27, 2004 in US/Central converts to
11:57:00 p.m. Thursday May 27, 2004 in Europe/Oslo

Besides a calendar, does Danny needs one of those watches with the two time zones on it, like the one I heard he found in Linda's locked car? I think the Norwegians should have bought two of those watches on their way to that campmeeting, instead of just one.

roflmao.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 8 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]183803[/snapback]

"At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated.

The issues in this proposal are not negotiable. Should they be unacceptable to you – we hope sincerely they will be acceptable – we will proceed promptly with further investigation of the facts regarding the matter at hand. In that case we will need a list of witnesses you would like us to hear. We will offer Danny the same opportunity. Once we have had opportunity to hear the evidence, we will be in a better position to make recommendations to the full board based upon that evidence. Based on the facts we already know, however, we think pursuing such a course would make any future role for you at 3ABN unlikely.

That is why, Linda, we are pleading with you to accept this proposal for healing and restoration. This is God's ministry. He has chosen you to be a part of it. We want you to continue to be a part of it. But in order for that to happen really important things must change."

-------- Original Message --------
To: [Alyssa]
Subject: Letter for Linda
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:43:07 -0500

Dear Linda,

This is a copy of the letter that has been sent by FEDEX to you. While you may not understand now, someday you will realize that we are truly desirous of returning you to your home and ministry because we care about you. I plan to go to 3ABN tomorrow and will be available to talk with you if you have questions needing clarification.

Walt

May, 4, 2004

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of 3ABN Board of Directors
174 Foxborough Place
Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Linda Shelton
Three Angel's Broadcasting Network
PO Box 220
West Frankfort, IL 62896

Dear Linda,

A committee representing the 3ABN board of directors has been selected and has met for the purpose of evaluating the present problem at 3ABN relating to your relationship to Danny and to the ministry of 3ABN - and seeking a resolution acceptable to all parties involved. This letter is intended to represent the will of the board.

Yes, as you highlighted in the portion of the letter that you pasted above, at the end of the 30 days the committee was to meet again and weigh all of the evidence they had collected from both parties and then they would be in a position to make their recommendations to the full board. This would have taken place well after the May 30, 2004 board meeting that you suggested. As I said, the 30 day leave of absence could not have started before May 5th at the earliest making the timing of the follow-up committee meeting sometime in early June, 2004 with the recommendations then being submitted to the full board as was the plan. Of course, who is to say that all went according to the plan?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 8 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]183803[/snapback]

"At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated.

The issues in this proposal are not negotiable. Should they be unacceptable to you – we hope sincerely they will be acceptable – we will proceed promptly with further investigation of the facts regarding the matter at hand. In that case we will need a list of witnesses you would like us to hear. We will offer Danny the same opportunity. Once we have had opportunity to hear the evidence, we will be in a better position to make recommendations to the full board based upon that evidence. Based on the facts we already know, however, we think pursuing such a course would make any future role for you at 3ABN unlikely.

That is why, Linda, we are pleading with you to accept this proposal for healing and restoration. This is God's ministry. He has chosen you to be a part of it. We want you to continue to be a part of it. But in order for that to happen really important things must change."

Thank you again, Aletheia, for your pointing out the inconsistencies between what Walt Thompson said and what he actually did.

Look at the calendar Aletheia.... do the math.... or count the little square boxes...... Notice... They did not wait 30 days. They acted BEFORE the time specified was up.

And she was NOT permitted to come in person before the board... she was NOT asked for a list of witnesses.... neither were the two who had come from Norway to give their witness permitted to appear before the board.....

As I said... thank you for you help in pointing these things out in the documentation. Perhaps we have been too hard on you. Perhaps you are not, after all, working for Danny. Perhaps you are merely using a pretense of support for "his side" as a cloak for actually working against him.....

Hmmmmm..... scratchchin.gif .... have to cogitate on that one a bit more..... uhm.gif

Carry on.......TVsnack.gif..............

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 8 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 05:58 AM) [snapback]183714[/snapback]

You all keep pretending her marriage and her job at 3ABN are one and the same, there are overlapping issues, but they were, and are not the same.

One, Danny was talking about her returning to him her husband and not asking her to return from her leave of absence from her job. She was supposed to be off reflecting, seeking God's help and getting councelling (other mutually acceptable ones if the reccomended councellors were not acceptable to her) so she could return, to both her husband and her job...

(THINK PLEASE. why did WT send the email to Alyssa,at her house, on 5/04/04 after already sending a registered letter in an attempt to get hold of Linda, if she was living with her husband???)

Two: It is obvious to anyone with common sense that the board asked Linda to come to the board meeting, and so obviously she was free to do so, and not banned from it. The chairman of the board clearly states they will review and reassess the situation after the leave of absence, what on earth do you people think the board met for, if not to do that???

I don't understand why you didn't quote the whole letter. Here are both the letter to her and the one to Johann about all this, for the members who haven't read them.
This is what Walt Thompson was referring to here;
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry151526
"....All the while, this was taking a real toll on the ministry. Work was not getting done. The employees were pulled in both directions. Finally, I sent Linda a registered letter (she was not answering my e mails or phone calls). In it I told her that we were offering to send her away for counseling to a place and with people mutually acceptable. I told her that if she would not accept our offer and find help to get rid of the doctor, we would have to consider removing her from her positions. She did not respond to my letter...."

And: according to the new letters on the save 3ABN not website just published, this here is how Johann replied to the above letter on May 6th, 3 weeks before the board meeting, or going to the campmeeting and handing out his papers: ( http://www.save3abn.com/danny-shelton-demi...-commentary.htm )

Accordingly, I would be pleased if you would submit to me in writing a comprehensive account of the allegations you have about the way 3ABN has treated Linda. I would like this to be comprehensive with whatever documentation you can provide so that we may assess it accurately.

[Johann Thorvaldsson] Too late now. I have handed such documentation over to another party - where you will meet it in due time. Too bad you did not think of this earlier, so I could see there was a willingness to come to terms.

Once this has been done, my request is that you discontinue further correspondence with Linda or anyone else regarding this matter. In this way we will have the information we need to act, and you will have opportunity to pursue your work of spreading the Good News to Europe. Our work there has been too long stagnate while we have been fighting.

[Johann Thorvaldsson] With you issuing this devastating document it is unfair of you to think that I will discontinue further correspondence with Linda.

--edited for typos and gramatical errors--

These several emails that have been published completely exonerate DS and WT of any wrong doing, unfairness or anything else they have been accused of. All they do is point out that DS clearly loved his wife and was upset and hurt, but still trying to follow the course of Matt 18. Walt T. could not have shown any more of a kind, christian, and sensative nature to all concerned. His emails speak with love for Linda and he always addresses both the Doc and Johann in a respectful way. The way he handled his part of this terrible situation, strengthens my feelings of respect for him as a true christian and a man of integrity. Can we say the same for them in their responses?
After reading through, I don't know how anyone could come to any conclusion other than, LS had her opportunity time and again to make things right both at 3abn and her marriage, and she chose not to. Both Doc and Johann were given opportunities (at the right time and place) and at least the Doc didn't take it. Johann would have addressed the board also and he didn't.
All were dealt with in a Christ like spirit as far as possible but finally enough is enough and even then, they were dealt with fairly.
In one of DS emails to the Doc he says Linda is young beautiful and intelligent.......Yes that sounds like someone who never bragged on her and built her up and didn't love her.....Right
These emails are very simple & forthright as to what happened and those of you that want to find wrong in them, just want to find it and want to argue.

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 8 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #80

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 8 2007, 02:43 PM) [snapback]183811[/snapback]

Yes, as you highlighted in the portion of the letter that you pasted above, at the end of the 30 days the committee was to meet again and weigh all of the evidence they had collected from both parties and then they would be in a position to make their recommendations to the full board. This would have taken place well after the May 30, 2004 board meeting that you suggested. As I said, the 30 day leave of absence could not have started before May 5th at the earliest making the timing of the follow-up committee meeting sometime in early June, 2004 with the recommendations then being submitted to the full board as was the plan. Of course, who is to say that all went according to the plan?

If it was acceptable to Linda the committee would meet again in 30 days to reassess...

Is there something about this, you don't understand, PB?

"The issues in this proposal are not negotiable. Should they be unacceptable to you – we hope sincerely they will be acceptable – we will proceed promptly....to make recommendations to the full board "

Linda didn't reply according to WT, nor did she do anything asked, do you think, maybe, that gave them a clue, to proceed and take it to the full board?

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 8 2007, 01:59 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 8 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 8 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]183813[/snapback]

These several emails that have been published completely exonerate DS and WT of any wrong doing, unfairness or anything else they have been accused of. All they do is point out that DS clearly loved his wife and was upset and hurt, but still trying to follow the course of Matt 18. Walt T. could not have shown any more of a kind, christian, and sensative nature to all concerned. His emails speak with love for Linda and he always addresses both the Doc and Johann in a respectful way. The way he handled his part of this terrible situation, strengthens my feelings of respect for him as a true christian and a man of integrity. Can we say the same for them in their responses?
After reading through, I don't know how anyone could come to any conclusion other than, LS had her opportunity time and again to make things right both at 3abn and her marriage, and she chose not to. Both Doc and Johann were given opportunities (at the right time and place) and at least the Doc didn't take it. Johann would have addressed the board also and he didn't.
All were dealt with in a Christ like spirit as far as possible but finally enough is enough and even then, they were dealt with fairly.
In one of DS emails to the Doc he says Linda is young beautiful and intelligent.......Yes that sounds like someone who never bragged on her and built her up and didn't love her.....Right
These emails are very simple & forthright as to what happened and those of you that want to find wrong in them, just want to find it and want to argue.

you cannot read... so let's keep it simple.... PROVE that Linda committed adultery.... show us the evidence.... don't spin, don't distract, prove that Linda committed adultery....

If you are unwilling to do that, then explain why you and others like you stood by while Linda was thrown under the bus..... even if she did everything she was accused of, she should not have been treated as she was..... so explain one or the other.....

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]183814[/snapback]

"The issues in this proposal are not negotiable. Should they be unacceptable to you – we hope sincerely they will be acceptable – we will proceed promptly....to make recommendations to the full board "

Linda didn't reply according to WT, nor did she do anything asked, do you think, maybe, that gave them a clue, to proceed and take it to the full board?

have you answered those simple questions yet? or are you still spinning.... when are you gonna answer those simple questions?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 8 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 8 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]183815[/snapback]

you cannot read... so let's keep it simple.... PROVE that Linda committed adultery.... show us the evidence.... don't spin, don't distract, prove that Linda committed adultery....

If you are unwilling to do that, then explain why you and others like you stood by while Linda was thrown under the bus..... even if she did everything she was accused of, she should not have been treated as she was..... so explain one or the other.....
have you answered those simple questions yet? or are you still spinning.... when are you gonna answer those simple questions?

Clay, Linda was not fired for committing adultery. So that isn't the issue here,

As I said before you all keep confusing the difference between her job, and her marriage.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 8 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #83

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]183814[/snapback]

At 5:58 am on March 8th, Aletheia posted:

Two: It is obvious to anyone with common sense that the board asked Linda to come to the board meeting, and so obviously she was free to do so, and not banned from it. The chairman of the board clearly states they will review and reassess the situation after the leave of absence, what on earth do you people think the board met for, if not to do that???

This is the quote by Aletheia that I was responding to. When she says that Linda didn't reply per WT one must wonder when it was that she went to Kansas to meet with the non-SDA counselors. Was this in May or June? Did the committee go directly to the board on May 30th since Linda didn't reply? That would be interesting to know but I'm not willing to speculate if "maybe, that gave them a clue, to proceed and take it to the full board". I'll do some searching and see if I can find the answer from first-hand information.

In the mean time, these are a few conclusions that I drew from the emails and from information in Aletheia's posts:

1. It was the committee Linda was to respond to.
2. I do not find anything anywhere that shows that the board asked Linda to come to the board meeting at the end of campmeeting.
3. Perhaps the board met for the usual things that the board met for on a quarterly basis?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Mar 8 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #84

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]183803[/snapback]

3ABN staff was ordered to use the 30-day period to expunge Linda's name from the network. She was, in effect, erased. Therefore, if it were me they were erasing, I surely would not see it as a proposal "for healing and restoration." You don't heal and restore a person by ordering every employee in the entire corporation use those 30 days to erase the person's name.

My opinion is that this statement of 30 days for "healing and restoration" was meant to deceive. Therefore, I have a difficult time locating Walt Thompson's "kind, christian, and sensative nature to all concerned." Yes, I believe Walt Thompson and Company seemingy offered Linda help, but I also believe that, behind the scenes, they were working to erase Linda, entirely.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]183817[/snapback]

Clay, Linda was not fired for committing adultery. So that isn't the issue here,

Kay Kuzma was part of the four-member "fact-finding" committee established by "kind, christian, and sensitive" Walt Thompson. Kay was recommending books on Spiritual Adultery.

Kay was not dealing with Linda's marriage; Kay was dealing with Linda's employment. So, what's the point of Kay recommending books with the word "adultery" in them if it is irrelevant to Linda's employment?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 8 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]183817[/snapback]

As I said before you all keep confusing the difference between her job, and her marriage.

once again Cindy there are some questions you have yet to answer... are you?

Here are my two.....

Can you prove Linda committed adultery?

Why did you allow her to be thrown under the bus?

Now there was another question asked by nw, are you gonna answer that one also?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 8 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

[quote name='PeacefullyBewildered' date='Mar 8 2007, 01:06 PM' post='183818']
At 5:58 am on March 8th, Aletheia posted:
This is the quote by Aletheia that I was responding to. When she says that Linda didn't reply per WT one must wonder when it was that she went to Kansas to meet with the non-SDA counselors. Was this in May or June? Did the committee go directly to the board on May 30th since Linda didn't reply? That would be interesting to know but I'm not willing to speculate if "maybe, that gave them a clue, to proceed and take it to the full board". I'll do some searching and see if I can find the answer from first-hand information.

PB this is the first time of have seen an admission by Linda or your side that she & DS went to professional counselors. That has been denied on this board over and over again. Our side has been called liars by saying she did. If I had time I would go back to your previous posts to see if you were on that wagon train of "poor Linda DS lied about going to counselors." Either way, it is of the utmost importance that you have admitted it now since that has been one thing on this board that has been argued to the point of being ridiculous.
So, what do you know? They did go to professional non SDA counselors. Non SDA so there wouldn't be any bias involved, I'm sure. This way the counselors would most likely, not be aware of who DS or LS were as far as TV and the Adventist world go. PB, you stated Kansas. I didn't even know what state it was when.....mmm wonder who your "first hand" information is? And, if you have access to that kind of first hand info, what's with the story you have given all along that you came here neutral and searching for truth. If you have access to "first hand info" from your side, doesn't sound like you were so peacefully bewildered after all.

This post has been edited by Bystander: Mar 8 2007, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 8 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #87

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Uh Cindy, I have never heard anything about her job performance in regards to her being fired. She was fired from her job cuz she was also fired from her marriage by Danny. It all hinged on her "relationship" with the Dr. That has always been the reason. You know another. Shoot! Bring it!

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 8 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]183817[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 8 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #88

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Bystander... you are skipping around two questions... here they are again....

PROVE that Linda committed adultery.... show us the evidence.... don't spin, don't distract, prove that Linda committed adultery....

and when your tag-team partner tags in this evening.... tell him to start with those two simple questions.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 8 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #89

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

[quote name='Bystander' post='183813' date='Mar 8 2007, 12:45 PM']
[/quote]

I disagree with you take on this. To support my position, I will quote a letter that Alethea posted earlier. As she posted it, I assume that it is a valid e-mail.

I am going to insert my comments into the following quotation. I will identify them by placing a "GM:" before my inserted comments. In addition, I will place my initials at the end of my comment.

In the interests of fairness, I will comment as I see it. That is to say that some of my comments will be positive, and some will be negative.

[quote]-------- Original Message --------
To: [Alyssa]
Subject: Letter for Linda
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:43:07 -0500

Dear Linda,

This is a copy of the letter that has been sent by FEDEX to you. While you may not understand now, someday you will realize that we are truly desirous of returning you to your home and ministry because we care about you. I plan to go to 3ABN tomorrow and will be available to talk with you if you have questions needing clarification.

Walt

GM: O.K. I am willing to acknowledge that Dr. Thompson, and the 3-ABN Board did care about Linda, and that their preference would have been to have Linda return to her position at 3-ABN. Some may challenge this posiiton. They may cite other material to support that idea. But, in my comments here, I am only dealing with this message. I am saying that this is a good beginning for a letter of this type--GM.

May, 4, 2004

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of 3ABN Board of Directors
174 Foxborough Place
Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Linda Shelton
Three Angel's Broadcasting Network
PO Box 220
West Frankfort, IL 62896

Dear Linda,

A committee representing the 3ABN board of directors has been selected and has met for the purpose of evaluating the present problem at 3ABN relating to your relationship to Danny and to the ministry of 3ABN - and seeking a resolution acceptable to all parties involved. This letter is intended to represent the will of the board.

GM: I wonder, did this committee have any input from Danny Shelton? It almost seems impossible for them to have met for such a purpose without input from him. If so, did they have any input from Linda? If they did not take input from Linda, in the same manner that they recieved input from Danny, there is a problem. Yes, Danny, as President, was entitled to give them input, and I do not fault them for taking such. But, Linda, as Vice-President was just as entitled to give them input. If they failed to notify her of this meeting, and if they failed to take her input to the same extent that they took it from Danny, there is a problem of bias, or unfair advantage, or more--GM.

Let me begin by expressing our gratitude to you for the part you have played at 3ABN for the past nearly twenty years. You have been an important part of the ministry from the beginning – a fact appreciated by us all. Accordingly, this letter is not written with the intent to destroy your home or your part in the ministry, but rather to rehabilitate and restore.

GM: O.K. I can accept this, as I said in my first comment--GM.

In accordance with this intent, we are offering the following proposal to you. We believe it has the potential of accomplishing the desired objectives, i.e., to save both your home and a place for you in this ministry. It would do so without making the details of this matter known to the full board or others.

GM: O.K. As the issue is that of marriage, should not this same proposal be offered to Danny as well as Llinda. Remember, at this point, the Board had not recieved any response from Linda. They had not previously asked her for information. Now, in recognition of a problem, they had an obligation to treat Danny in the same manner as they treated Linda. In fairness, they should have required the same of Danny that they required of Linda--GM.

Nor is this letter expressing an opinion regarding the nature of your relationship with Dr. Abrahamson. Whether or not this relationship has been immoral or not is not the issue of this document. The facts are that the relationship and your refusal to discontinue it in spite of repeated requests by Danny and our requests, has damaged both your family and 3ABN – a reality we must deal with in wisdom, love and compassion – but deal with, we must.

GM: Oh, now we have it. Linda is required to . . . without hearing from her. Folks, at this point the Board is closing off the posibility, before hearing from Linda, that the relationship that she had with Dr. A. was appropriate. They have essentially told her to chose between Danny and Nathon, and supposedly without ever giving her the opportunity to present to them the position that she was in, and the choice that they were forcing her to make. That is pure and simple, unfair--GM.

We are offering you a 30 day leave of absence with pay and full benefits - to begin at the time of receipt of this letter. During this time the following conditions must be met.

GM: O. K. in fairness, do the same for Danny--GM.

You will be relieved of all duties at 3ABN and will not appear at 3ABN other than to obtain items from your immediate office upon personal request from me. You will arrange to leave Southern Illinois at 3ABN expense for the duration. Both you and 3ABN need time to cool off.

GM: Unresonable. Did not treat Danny the same. No proof that such was necessary. No attempt to give Linda a chance to challenge, or otherwise show that it was not necessary--GM.

You will agree in writing to cease all communication with Dr. Abrahamson, whether direct or indirect, whether by e-mail, telephone, letter or any other, or through Johann or any other third party. We are designating a period of 30 days, but with the intent this must be a life-long decision.

GM: Premature. It clearly shows that a decison had already been made in regard to her relationshilp with Dr. A. In fairness, they should have given Linda a chance to defend her relationship with Dr. A. This was simply unreasonable, with not chance for Linda to defend against it--GM.

During this time you will not discuss the issues related to your relationship with 3ABN with anyone other than your immediate family, your professional counselors or representatives or members of the board of directors.

GM: Unreasonable. This shows that the Board has placed Danny's and 3-ABNs interests above that of Linda. It shows a bias. It was not fair to Linda. They had to right to restrict her communication to "professional counselors" which is subject to intrepretation--GM.

Since this time is recommended as a time for reflection and serious rehabilitation we are requesting that you arrange to receive professional help relating to the issues at hand. We are recommending Ron and Nancy Rocky to you. They have agreed to open their home to you and to give you personal help in dealing with the issues at the center of the present problems. It will be private and protected from the public eye such that neither your image nor reputation ought be damaged. Should you choose different professional help, it must be acceptable to this committee.

GM: Should not the same have been said to Danny--GM?

At the end of 30 days we will reassess the situation and make further recommendations as indicated.

GM: Folks, all issues should have been open to input from Linda, and discussion. The Board made a biased decision without input from Linda. It clearly did not start out with Danny and Llinda on the same level. It did not treat Danny and Linda the same. I clearly placed Linda at an disadvantage. Most reasonable people would have rejected the Board's offer and biased and unfair them--GM.

That is why, Linda, we are pleading with you to accept this proposal for healing and restoration. This is God's ministry. He has chosen you to be a part of it. We want you to continue to be a part of it. But in order for that to happen really important things must change.

Sincerely,

Walter Thompson MD
Chairman of the Board of Directors, 3ABN
Committee members include Nicholas P. Miller, Bill Hulsey and Kay Kuzma (by invitation)

Your signature here will confirm your agreement with this proposal. Please sign and return copy within 24 hours of receipt of this letter.[/quote]

GM: Folks, only 24 hours to consider! Unbelieveable! They were not giving her an appropriate amount of time to consider and seek advice. They were not giving her an appropriate amount of time to pray about it and to seek God's guidance. They required her to make a hasty decision, on the spur of the moment. Unbelieveable in it's lack of fairness--GM.[/quote]

I wonder what would have happened if Linda had requested to be heard by the entire Board?

This post has been edited by Observer: Mar 8 2007, 03:18 PM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 8 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #90

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 8 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]183793[/snapback]

Today, March 8th at 8:00 am Aletheia wrote:
What email address was this "plain" warning email sent to? Was it to Johann's email address? Was Johann in Norway to receive it 2 hours before campmeeting started?

While some of you in your group may be fond of Captain Picard and Star Trek, I must inform you that Transporters have yet to be invented.

Additionally, in a post March 8th at 5:58 am Aletheia commented:
Anyone with common sense would see that Linda was not being asked to come to the board meeting to be held right after campmeeting, May 30, 2004. The leave of absence couldn't have started before May 5th at the earliest which would put the end of the 30 days in early June. At the end of the 30 days she was to meet with the "Committee" WT referred to made up of WT, Nick Miller and Bill Hulsey, not the whole Board.

WT's email posted in Aletheia's post said:
BTW, the correct spelling of grammatical can be found here

Pete;

You beat me to the point about Linda being banned for 30 days. It seems some can't/won't add 2 + 2 and get 4.

IMO, I see this as a total setup from day one. I believe it was a power struggle that Danny had to win no matter what the cost! Now it will cost him more than he thought; he will probably loose 3ABN. Yes, preplanned and executed according to their (Danny & Walt's) plan.

Danny however, miscalculated Linda's response 100%. Therefore, Plan "B":

1. Destroy her, put her in welfare housing;
2. Make her leave penniless; (Remember, in the beginning she was to get zero)
3. Tell the world she is a harlot;
4. Convince her friends she is a devil;
5. Destroy the Dr too;
6. Discredit Johann, a true man of God;
7. Glorify Danny as the "anointed one" who is = to god;
8. Lift Danny up as the victim;
9. Cry on the air;
8. Beg for sympathy as in "Woe is me, I am undone";
9. Hit the "bystanders" to send ALL their money to the "anointed one" to make his "pain" bearable;
10. Tell lies about everything because the devoted "asleep" will listen and bless Danny with more money;
11. Finally, good riddance to bad rubbish!
12. Linda is gone and "pushed under the bus".

Maranatha

Now I must close out by saying that the above is my opinion and only my opinion. This is my Q-CY/M-A/P-L Statement. (Quick, Cover Your/My A--/Posterior Legally.)

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:46 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church