Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430&st=405 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:59:24 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corporate "worship" At 3abn, The Shelton Gang Rides Again!
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 13 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #406

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 13 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]177977[/snapback]

...IMO...
In His service,
Mr. J

And that is what it is, your opinion, your speculation, your innuendo. The pastor who took the stand he did at PB's church did so, I am certain, after prayerful consideration. Not knowing this for sure because I did not kneel down beside him and hear his prayers matters not - I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

While having Linda at one's church is not "taking a side," neither is deciding not to. However, there is a perception that might occur by having Linda or Danny at your church and after all perception is 9/10ths reality. This pastor obviously has decided to wait until something was definitive in order to keep the controversy from his church. You can disagree with him, but that doesn't make you right and him wrong.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 13 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #407

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 13 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]177988[/snapback]

And that is what it is, your opinion, your speculation, your innuendo. The pastor who took the stand he did at PB's church did so, I am certain, after prayerful consideration. Not knowing this for sure because I did not kneel down beside him and hear his prayers matters not - I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

While having Linda at one's church is not "taking a side," neither is deciding not to. However, there is a perception that might occur by having Linda or Danny at your church and after all perception is 9/10ths reality. This pastor obviously has decided to wait until something was definitive in order to keep the controversy from his church. You can disagree with him, but that doesn't make you right and him wrong.

- FHB

have you done what I asked FHB? Have you inquired about Linda coming to your church or are you afraid to?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 13 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #408

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 13 2007, 01:59 PM) [snapback]177988[/snapback]

Which is your prerogative... to give him the benefit of the doubt... I think he took the path of least resistance; we'll agree to disagree... suffice it to say that it is not a reach to think both sides of this issue in that church were trying to put pressure on him... and his decision lets us know which side was successful... but again... we'll agree to disagree

While having Linda at one's church is not "taking a side," neither is deciding not to.

We'll see if Danny's dog and pony show decides to roll into town, wont we...

However, there is a perception that might occur by having Linda or Danny at your church and after all perception is 9/10ths reality. This pastor obviously has decided to wait until something was definitive in order to keep the controversy from his church. You can disagree with him, but that doesn't make you right and him wrong.

It also does not make him right and me wrong, n'est-ce pas?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 13 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #409

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 13 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]178022[/snapback]

Which is your prerogative... to give him the benefit of the doubt... I think he took the path of least resistance; we'll agree to disagree... suffice it to say that it is not a reach to think both sides of this issue in that church were trying to put pressure on him... and his decision lets us know which side was successful... but again... we'll agree to disagree
We'll see if Danny's dog and pony show decides to roll into town, wont we...
It also does not make him right and me wrong, n'est-ce pas?

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr. J,

You are correct it does not.

I would guess you are also correct that there were probably strong feelings on both sides. I think most pastors would shy away from introducing a major conflict into their church. Now, that may be the path of least resistance, but it may also be the best decision based on his knowledge of the churchs history and the personality of the church. Again, he made the decision he made, you would have made a different one, n'est-ce pas? ; )

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 13 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #410

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 13 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]178031[/snapback]

Mr. J,

You are correct it does not.

I would guess you are also correct that there were probably strong feelings on both sides. I think most pastors would shy away from introducing a major conflict into their church. Now, that may be the path of least resistance, but it may also be the best decision based on his knowledge of the churchs history and the personality of the church. Again, he made the decision he made, you would have made a different one, n'est-ce pas? ; )

- FHB

There was on conflict for any church to get into/path of least resistance, oh please. And yes, he would have made a different decision, as the black pastor/congregation did, because he has the integrity to do the right thing, while it is obvious there are those of you who do not. blink.gif

IMO, you folk should at least have the stones to admit that hiding behind DS's shirt tails is all you folk are really good for.

Mrs. L. M. Josey aka Sera / Eze3:18

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 13 2007, 05:59 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 13 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #411

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 13 2007, 05:59 PM) [snapback]178076[/snapback]

There was on conflict for any church to get into/path of least resistance, oh please. And yes, he would have made a different decision, as the black pastor/congregation did, because he has the integrity to do the right thing, while it is obvious there are those of you who do not. blink.gif

IMO, you folk should at least have the stones to admit that hiding behind DS's shirt tails is all you folk are really good for.

Mrs. L. M. Josey aka Sera / Eze3:18

If this means you are the wife of Mr. J, your posts make so much more sense to me now thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
Voktar of Zargon
post Feb 13 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #412

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,188

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 13 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]177922[/snapback]

Man, I'll be praying for you. When it comes to meetings like that, I'd rather get a faceful of pepper spray (having had experience with both ...)

Soul,
You won't believe this but I too recieved a faceful of pepper spray as part of my training as a hostage negotiator. Small world isn't it. Man we have more in common than I thought! I too prefer the spray.
P.S. Thanks to Watchbird for all the helpful suggestions.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 13 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #413

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 13 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]178112[/snapback]

If this means you are the wife of Mr. J, your posts make so much more sense to me now thumbdown.gif

You poor "man"...see now that is the problem with 3abn, you don't know your place and, you have yet to learn to stay out of grown folks business. doh.gif

But, we will continue to pray for you anyway.

Be blessed
wave.gif

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Feb 13 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #414

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 13 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]178017[/snapback]

have you done what I asked FHB? Have you inquired about Linda coming to your church or are you afraid to?

Maybe some of my relatives could arrange it instead.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 13 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #415

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 13 2007, 06:38 PM) [snapback]178112[/snapback]

In an effort to make a fairly playful response to your less than sweet spirited remark to Sera, I will just point you to her chosen avatar. If she chose it as representative of herself, she may be a submissive wife like Danny seems to promote.

Of course the avatar may not portray the real Sera at all.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 14 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #416

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

I began this thread with the following and it has wandered off topic in numerous directions and it is time to go back to the original post.

Don't worry, I believe we will see many more people posting on this forum. After corporate "worship" yesterday, the station was buzzing.

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 7 2007, 09:21 AM) [snapback]176053[/snapback]

I did not write the following, but am merely passing it on. It explains the above quote from HOTY that appeared in another 3ABN thread. This is yet another example of the true character of Danny Shelton and what goes on behind the scenes at 3ABN, which are diametrically opposed to the remarks he and Mollie recently made on a Thursday night "live" concerning the unimportance of online posting in regard to the situation at 3ABN. It also illustrates his continual threats of harassment toward, his ex-wife, Linda Shelton.

Sister
Have you heard about the "deeply spiritual" worship that took place today at 3abn and how the master himself actually CAME TO WORSHIP??? He does not go to the weekly worship you know...but he did today!!! And with vengeance!!

"Dan did worship today and it was all about how he is going after "Linda and her team." He also said that he's bringing charges against the employees that post on BSDA. It was over an hour and was all about the scandals going on. Dan said that charges had already been filed. He said he was going after Linda and those that post in her favor. Then to close it all, John Lomacang said a prayer that was basically a warning against people speaking out. He said charges were filed against Linda's team and others who support her and post on this site. He didn't name names, but he did say "I'm going after Linda." He did say that someone is giving them (Linda's team) information and are always one step ahead.

I know that if the employees didn't know something was up, they do now. Everyone was talking and a few friends were saying how administration is furious."

Later on I gave my opinion of John Lomacang in regard to this Corporate "worship" session and asked for the opinions of others.

Why are WWJD and Glenetta fighting so hard to keep our discussion away from the facts in the above post with which I began this thread? What does the above quote say about the characters of both Danny Shelton and John Lomacang? Let me make one suggestion and see where it leads us.

From the above description of John Lomacang's "prayer" is is obvious why it is unwise to have the 3ABN church as a separate church district of it's own---with it's own pastor, with 3ABN paying half of his salary---within an established church district, where the next district church is less then a 10 minute drive away. Judging by this situation alone, there is an obvious conflict of interest on the part of John Lomacang. Pollyanna said, "No one can own a church." But she never said it is impossible to own the Pastor, especially if he has his own program on 3ABN, sings on 3ABN and his recordings are promoted on 3ABN. What does this say about the credibility of John Lomacang? Any thoughts, folks?

Sister

What about the character of Danny Shelton? This is the individual that 3ABN spokespeople tout as a prophet of God. Re-read the original post, are these the actions of a prophet? Is this private view behind the scenes of 3ABN coinciding with the public persona presented on the Thursday night "live" programs? Tomorrow there is another two hour "Behind the Scenes" program on 3ABN, it would be interesting to compare the on camera comments with those posted above.

Sister

This post has been edited by sister: Feb 14 2007, 02:18 PM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 14 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #417

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Voktar of Zargon @ Feb 13 2007, 08:12 PM) [snapback]178125[/snapback]

Soul,
You won't believe this but I too recieved a faceful of pepper spray as part of my training as a hostage negotiator. Small world isn't it. Man we have more in common than I thought! I too prefer the spray.
P.S. Thanks to Watchbird for all the helpful suggestions.

Voktar,

Yeah, I was a security guard for awhile. Not as cool as hostage negotiation, flirt.gif but then I bet hostage negotiation was good training for pastoral ministry. blink.gif I sure as allgetout could use it.

I want to thank Watchbird, too. That took at lot of time to think out and type--and it was worthwhile, too. Looks like I got homework to do! tongue.gif

Now, sister is right--we've diverted the thread long enough, and I certainly had a role in that. Please accept my apologies.

What happened in worship (this sounds like an eyewitness account) was totally inappropriate, and so far I haven't seen a refutation of what happened on these boards. The employees that post here are anonymous, are they not? How can they be gone after? Does anyone know whether they were charged, or was that more threats like those threats of lawsuits that have been bandied about?

Here's what needs to be said--and I bet Danny reads this: regardless of the truthfulness or falsity of the accusations that have been made against Danny Shelton and the rest of the leadership of 3ABN (I speak of the entire board, Dr. Thompson, John Lomacang, and anyone who has addressed the issue on television too), it is time for them all to step down, to stop appearing on the channel for the forseeable future, so that a free and open inquiry can be made--not just into whether there were biblical grounds for divorce, but whether or not there was a cover-up of allegations of child sex abuse, misuse of funds, and/or unethical labor practices (intimidation?). (I'm sure I didn't include it all, but I meant it all.) If disciplinary action against any of these folks is needed, we'll find out at that time. It has to be covered, it all has to be covered, and it all has to be covered openly.

It is time: resign, people. Lots of folks luv ya and so does Jesus, but you're hurting them and Him by sticking around.

Soul

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Feb 14 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #418

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 14 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]178301[/snapback]

Voktar,

I want to thank Watchbird, too. That took at lot of time to think out and type--and it was worthwhile, too. Looks like I got homework to do! tongue.gif
Now, sister is right--we've diverted the thread long enough, and I certainly had a role in that. Please accept my apologies.

Apology accepted. I Thank you, too, Watchbird. biggrin.gif

What happened in worship (this sounds like an eyewitness account) was totally inappropriate, and so far I haven't seen a refutation of what happened on these boards. The employees that post here are anonymous, are they not? How can they be gone after? Does anyone know whether they were charged, or was that more threats like those threats of lawsuits that have been bandied about.

Refutation anyone? We're waiting! dunno.gif

Here's what needs to be said--and I bet Danny reads this: regardless of the truthfulness or falsity of the accusations that have been made against Danny Shelton and the rest of the leadership of 3ABN (I speak of the entire board, Dr. Thompson, John Lomacang, and anyone who has addressed the issue on television too), it is time for them all to step down, to stop appearing on the channel for the forseeable future, so that a free and open inquiry can be made--not just into whether there were biblical grounds for divorce, but whether or not there was a cover-up of allegations of child sex abuse, misuse of funds, and/or unethical labor practices (intimidation?). (I'm sure I didn't include it all, but I meant it all.) If disciplinary action against any of these folks is needed, we'll find out at that time. It has to be covered, it all has to be covered, and it all has to be covered openly.

Well said, Soul!! clapping.gif

It is time: resign, people. Lots of folks luv ya and so does Jesus, but you're hurting them and Him by sticking around.

Again, Leaders at 3ABN. We're waiting!! scratchchin.gif

Soul

AMEN and Amen amen.gif

This post has been edited by JustTana: Feb 14 2007, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 14 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #419

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 14 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]178301[/snapback]

Voktar,

What happened in worship (this sounds like an eyewitness account) was totally inappropriate, and so far I haven't seen a refutation of what happened on these boards. The employees that post here are anonymous, are they not? How can they be gone after? Does anyone know whether they were charged, or was that more threats like those threats of lawsuits that have been bandied about?

Soul

Well said. spoton.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 14 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #420

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 14 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]178301[/snapback]

Soul,
Bystander made a veiled threat to husbandoftheyear (HOTY) yesterday, making it seem like he was on the trail to finding out which 3abn employee he actually is.
http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry178127

Soul

I sure do hope that Danny, et. al., will read this and take it to heart!

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Feb 14 2007, 04:20 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:59 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church