Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12571&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:47:12 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thursday Night "live" 2-15-07, Fact or Fiction?
Aletheia
post Feb 16 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 16 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]178703[/snapback]

Ralph, I believe I understand what you're saying. But I want to hone in a little more closely on the problem ...
God has used programs broadcast on 3ABN to speak to people. In that way, souls have undoubtedly been saved.

That's a long step from crediting administrators such as Dan or Mollie with those souls saved. In many cases they had nothing to do with the soul-saving programs, other than providing the broadcast venue, like any other TV station, whether secular or Christian.

And in cases where they did have something to do with the program, let's remember that God can use asses,:

Inga, No one has credited administrators such as Dan or Mollie as saving souls, least of all they themselves.

Comparing them to asses is both rude, and insulting.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 16 2007, 12:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 16 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,957

Mr. J said:

You really should see someone about that selective hearing of yours, Cindy...

In His service,
Mr. J
---------------------
Mr. Josey, I would suggest you watch the program again. You will find that Cindy is correct in what she said! I know because I saw it too.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 16 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 16 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]178713[/snapback]

You just don't get it...

Jesus answered and reproved Simon before others,as Simon erred in front of those others and was speaking to him when he did it.

Jesus did not go out to the nearest multitude and say " Do you know what that self-righteous and judgmental Pharisee said, and did?" Nor did Jesus run up and down among the people saying Simon needs to be removed from his postition as a Pharisee, and turn it into a public spectacle because Simon spoke in his house in front of others.. It was none of their business.
Nor was it any of those strangers business to reprove or say anything to Simon, they weren't there and they witnessed nothing.

Then are you saying that it was not God's will that the Gospel writers put this into a book for the early church to read... and for the churches of all ages down to the end of time to read?

I think it is YOU who "just don't get it".... thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Feb 16 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Group:
If one wants to know what was really said on 3ABN last night, I reccomend that all watch the programing on 3ABN this Sunday, Feb. 18th, from 3-5 p.m. EST. They are showing the same program that was shown last night. If you cannot get it on your TV you might be able to get it on your computers, like I do by going to 3ABN.com.

Please people, put aside preconceived ideas and opinions formed from the words of others which does not bear good fruit. Ask that the Holy Spirit help you to discern His truth for yourself.

Eirene

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 16 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(watchbird @ Feb 16 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]178722[/snapback]

Then are you saying that it was not God's will that the Gospel writers put this into a book for the early church to read... and for the churches of all ages down to the end of time to read?

I think it is YOU who "just don't get it".... thumbdown.gif

Check yourself! what is being done here is not the same as God's word being given by inspiration to his people as a guidebook and revelation of his character and will.

God's written word does not make void, the words deeds and character of the Word made flesh, or his example to us!

The scriptures were given and the history told:

...the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works... 2Tim 3

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 1Cr 10:11

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 16 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 16 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]178713[/snapback]

You just don't get it...

Jesus answered and reproved Simon before others,as Simon erred in front of those others and was speaking to him when he did it.

And that differs from Danny's erring before others and Tommy's erring before others and you and others bowing down to your idol of flesh and blood to such a degree that you treat any criticism of him as if it was blasphemy against the most high God how, exactly?

Jesus did not go out to the nearest multitude and say " Do you know what that self-righteous and judgmental Pharisee said, and did?" Nor did Jesus run up and down among the people saying Simon needs to be removed from his postition as a Pharisee, and turn it into a public spectacle because Simon spoke in his house in front of others.. It was none of their business.
Nor was it any of those strangers business to reprove or say anything to Simon, they weren't there and they witnessed nothing.

You again presume that Simon had an intimate little soiree with he and Jesus and a few close friends... if that was the case that woman could not have gotten in. While everyone that was there was not invited to eat, those eating were not the only ones there. The common practice in that day was when someone of some renown was invited to a meal that those not invited to eat were welcome to stand against the walls with the servants and observe the conversation at dinner. There were many of the city there when Jesus reproved Simon for being an inhospitable host by using the example of the woman deemed the vilest sinner in Nain...

BTW, maybe you should familiarize yourself with Matthew chapter 23, if you think Jesus called no one out publicly...

Not to mention Paul did call people out publicly... and named names; it's in the bible. If you believe the bible where it says that what is in scripture is of no private interpretation but rather tha holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost... and Jesus said of that same Holy Ghost that "he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak" and that "He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you."

Then the things the Holy Ghost moved Paul to write that are contained in scripture are the things that Jesus told the Holy Ghost. Every prophet that called out every sinful and wicked leader of Israel that was disobedient to God did so at the prompting of the Holy Ghost... and again, the Holy Ghost only deals in the things Jesus tells Him, and speaks not of Himself...

So, you are wrong... again... the fact is, as long as there has been sin in the world, Jesus has called men out publicly...whether before His incarnation, during His incarnation or after His ascension into heaven. In some instances He did it Himself; in most, He has used men as His instruments to speak truth to power.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 16 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(inga @ Feb 16 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]178714[/snapback]
While I didn't watch last night, another thing that has bothered me is Dan and company's constant reference to the good work 3ABN has done, in a manner that said "Look what I have done!" Dan made it quite clear that 3ABN is his and repeatedly reminds viewers that God gave him the "dream" of 3ABN. Others of his team verify that Dan Shelton is God's chosen vessel. I have not seen them give God the glory in any way except the occasional words. Your take on the matter may differ. dunno.gif

May I paraphrase this by saying, their words give God the glory, but their attitude says something else?

In other words, I can talk about how much God is doing in my life to the point where I'm glorifying the events in my own life to the exclusion of God. This is perhaps why Our Lord said, "Be sure that you do not do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them ..."

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 16 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #53

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 16 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]178731[/snapback]

May I paraphrase this by saying, their words give God the glory, but their attitude says something else?

In other words, I can talk about how much God is doing in my life to the point where I'm glorifying the events in my own life to the exclusion of God. This is perhaps why Our Lord said, "Be sure that you do not do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them ..."

It is also why He said "they honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me..."

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
sister
post Feb 16 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #54

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 16 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]178676[/snapback]

Fact: What was said was 3ABN has been doing better the last couple of years, and last year they did recieve more than ever, to expand and spread the ministry and the gospel, BUT during the past few months due to the increasing attacks and accusations, donations and funding have dropped.

Aletheia, as has quite often been the case, your FACT, is factually challenged. Last month Dan trotted out Larry Ewing to confirm the "fact" that donations are up at 3ABN and therefore the accusations on the internet has not effected 3ABN in the least. That was only last month. How can they be up last month and also be down the past few months. I am sure that everyone can see the dichotomy that exists between the two claims. So, did Danny Lee Shelton lie the first time, the second time or both times? Waiter, I'll take one from column A, one from column B and one from column C.

Sister

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 16 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 16 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]178655[/snapback]

Basically he said that while he could not remember the exact nature of the things alleged of Tommy, they were lies and left it there. He addressed those things in no specific detail.

In His service,
Mr. J

If I remember correctly, didn't he even claim not to remember what the allegations were?

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 16 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Feb 15 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]178614[/snapback]

I will not go into detail in this report, but I will say that every attempt was made to discredit Adventist Today for their most recent coverage of 3ABN. Shelley Quinn made a comment that suggested a comparison between AToday and the National Enquirer. After a through trashing of AToday, Danny continued on about a "small group of Adventist" that are making all sorts of accusations against 3ABN on the internet, he than continued to trash this group.

Sister

What caught my attention last night was the effort to disassociate Adventist Today with the Seventh-day Adventist church. Not being real familiar with the sructure or internal workings of the church, can someone tell me how 3ABN's affiliation with the church compares to Adventist Today's affiliation with the church? My take-away was that 3ABN tried hard to point out that Adventist Today is not officially affiliated, but is 3ABN any more affiliated? Help!

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 16 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 16 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]178750[/snapback]

What caught my attention last night was the effort to disassociate Adventist Today with the Seventh-day Adventist church. Not being real familiar with the sructure or internal workings of the church, can someone tell me how 3ABN's affiliation with the church compares to Adventist Today's affiliation with the church? My take-away was that 3ABN tried hard to point out that Adventist Today is not officially affiliated, but is 3ABN any more affiliated? Help!

When it suits 3ABN they play up the fact that they are not run by the church... implying that they are not beholden to the church... at other times they try to blur the lines of distinction between they and the church... often at times when donations are being sought or, like last night, when they are seeking to discredit.

3ABN is no more or less a part of the church than AToday... where they abut the church is largely on opposite ends ( hence the term 'liberal' being bandied about by some of the Danny apologists; the bulk of the 3abn viewing and giving audience would be considered entrenched in the conservative wing of the church ) but both have associations and affiliations with the church and speak for a specific component within the church... but neither is run by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

HTH,
In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post Feb 16 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Snoopy they aren't SDA as such either. This is off 3ABN's web site.

3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization, so people from all cultures and backgrounds appreciate 3ABN programming. Many of 3ABN's employees and volunteers are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

This post has been edited by Hersheys99: Feb 16 2007, 02:46 PM

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 16 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Hersheys99 @ Feb 16 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]178753[/snapback]

Snoopy they aren't SDA as such either. This is off 3ABN's web site.

3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization, so people from all cultures and backgrounds appreciate 3ABN programming. Many of 3ABN's employees and volunteers are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

So does it make sense to try to discredit Adventist Today for not being affiliated with the church when 3ABN is not affiliated either?? hhhmmm... I have a fairly logical mind, I think, but I'm struggling with that one... dunno.gif

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Feb 16 2007, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 16 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #60

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Feb 16 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]178765[/snapback]

So does it make sense to try to discredit Adventist Today for not being affiliated with the church when 3ABN is not affiliated either?? hhhmmm... I have a fairly logical mind, I think, but I'm struggling with that one...

look at the tactics employed here in the overall and you will quickly realize it was more of the same...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church