Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12760&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:54:39 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Letter From Mike Bisson
Clay
post Mar 6 2007, 07:49 AM
Post #106

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Di,
Danny expected that Linda be available at his beck and call... she was to be submissive to her man... you know how those controlling men can be... it doesn't matter where he was, she was suppose to be waiting for him, or drop everything in a moments notice to cater to the whims of her man.... just one level above barefoot and pregnant..... likewise that's what the dannyclones feel Linda should have done..... all of them chauvinistic and controlling.... and the female dannyclones have likewise bought into that mindset.....

so don't expect any meaningful dialog to come from that issue of where was Danny when Linda allegedly was on the phone, it doesn't matter.... Danny the annointed one, the heir to all that is good and righteous was to be served.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Mar 6 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #107

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,678

sadwalk.gif
QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 6 2007, 02:31 AM) [snapback]182927[/snapback]

In my opinion, 3abn made 1 mistake. They waited too long to say anything and too long to show why they came to the decisions they came to. If the truth had been shown sooner, I'm sure you and I wouldn't be here right now.

...but you ARE here...and this whole saga is a joke, a sad, sad joke...I have come to the conclusion that the friends of ramblin' Dan will never convince the Linda supporters that Danny Shelton is the paragon of virtue and upright living and the Linda Defenders will never convince the Friends of Danny that she remained faithful to her husband, spiritual adultery accusation notwithstanding...so the sooner all of y'all agree to disagree and recognize that the truth, whatever it is, lies hidden deep somewhere in all this mess...yes...MESS...you all are just spinning your wheels... sadwalk.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Mar 6 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #108

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 6 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]182922[/snapback]

And when will you realize soul that it is ludicrous that you refer to upstanding leaders, business men and women of our denomination as Lackeys. Do you really think that about Ellsworth McKee, Kenneth Denslow, Merlin F, Carmalita Troy etc are not smart enough to think for themselves or "brave" enough to disagree with something if they don't like it? You know thats not realistic. As I have mentioned before, if you are going to refer to the board that way, then you would also have to refer to ASI, as well as numerous other organizations that support 3abn and the leadership there. It goes against reason that everybody that loves and supports 3abn is a fool or a lackey. There are too many highly intelligent, business minded individuals on that list. Garwin McNeilus is a perfect example. If ever a man knew how things should be run, it would be him. He has all kinds of knowledge of how 3abn is run and the decisions that have been made by leadership. His actions speak for his opinion. These are people that know the intricate workings of the ministry and support it. But, you think, you have more facts and knowledge than they do? No matter how hard you or others try, you cannot dispute the facts of these people and the "inside" information that they know or have dealt with personally. It actually takes a lot of audacity to act like that the little group here knows the facts and these pastors, leaders, business people, conference people, don't. They have privy to things the general public will never know. Their conclusions? They continue to support 3abn and its leadership.

Okay, I'll refer to some (not all, because I don't think they all agreed) of the ASI leadership, and the other organizations that support 3ABN, as lackeys. boxing.gif

Rich-and-powerful name-dropping means nothing to me. One's income level does not determine whether or not one is a sinner.

Actually, having grown up watching church work rather up close, the richer and more business-savvy a person is, the less likely I am to trust them. no.gif I would remind you of James 2:1-7. doh.gif

Of course I know who these people are. One of the board members is a family friend who is stuck, and, I gathered, doesn't know what to do. That may be the case for all of them, yes, I'll say it: sheer lack of courage.

Or it may be an unwillingness to pursue something that would damage the church. After all, the Adventist church for decades has swept all allegations of sex abuse under the rug--bad publicity, ya know? Gradually, the leaders of the actual denomination are learning that it's better to be plain and open than to hide, but 3ABN isn't exactly the most progressive element of Adventism.

Or it may be corruption. Or blackmail. I mention these last because I hope they're not true. But "power corrupts," and 3ABN is one of, if not the most powerful organization connected with the Adventist church. blink.gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Mar 6 2007, 09:02 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 6 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #109

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 6 2007, 08:15 AM) [snapback]182922[/snapback]

And when will you realize soul that it is ludicrous that you refer to upstanding leaders, business men and women of our denomination as Lackeys. Do you really think that about Ellsworth McKee, Kenneth Denslow, Merlin F, Carmalita Troy etc are not smart enough to think for themselves or "brave" enough to disagree with something if they don't like it? You know thats not realistic.
- - -

Since you mention Miss Troy, then you had better tell us why Danny Shelton was not honest enough to honor the agreement he made with her parents? Why did he build tall Owen Troy a pigmy-size house to fit his own minute stature so that Elder Troy had to double up underneath the ceiling? Aren't the Shelton brothers carpenters enough to follow blueprints, or are they never used in that part of Southern Illinois?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 6 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

bystander,

i believe this is your qoute?

and looked at the mobile home she had just purchased, you would be ok with that? If your wife was in a hotel room with said person claiming she was getting diagnosed and treated for a Yeast infection, that wouldn't bother you?

A yeast infection, in a woman of linda's age is not the first one. Most likely the "treatment" might have been as simple has hey doc what is the best natural treatment for a yeast infection, instead of going and spending 25.00 at the local drug store, you are strongly hinting that something much more was going on and that is not supported by the facts, NOW if the PI's that danny had working for him, made some recordings of the doc and linda treatments that tell a different story then by all means post transcript of what was said, along with time and date.

erik

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 6 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #111

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Chez,

If only Danny and his supporters would realize that what you have described is the experience of many others who have not even chosen a side to support, perhaps they would get real in working to resolve this sad situation.

I know there must be some secret shame in both of Nathan's parents for getting so involved with the business of running 3abn that the children probably didn't get the care and attention they needed. I know this is a hard statement to make, but I'm quite sure that building and maintaining 3abn took a lot of Danny and Linda's energy. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it also took a toll on the time they needed to stay focused on their marriage.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 6 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #112

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Mar 6 2007, 07:59 AM) [snapback]182992[/snapback]

Okay, I'll refer to some (not all, because I don't think they all agreed) of the ASI leadership, and the other organizations that support 3ABN, as lackeys. boxing.gif

Rich-and-powerful name-dropping means nothing to me. One's income level does not determine whether or not one is a sinner.
Actually, having grown up watching church work rather up close, the richer and more business-savvy a person is, the less likely I am to trust them. no.gif I would remind you of James 2:1-7. doh.gif

Of course I know who these people are. One of the board members is a family friend who is stuck, and, I gathered, doesn't know what to do. That may be the case for all of them, yes, I'll say it: sheer lack of courage.

Or it may be an unwillingness to pursue something that would damage the church. After all, the Adventist church for decades has swept all allegations of sex abuse under the rug--bad publicity, ya know? Gradually, the leaders of the actual denomination are learning that it's better to be plain and open than to hide, but 3ABN isn't exactly the most progressive element of Adventism.

Or it may be corruption. Or blackmail. I mention these last because I hope they're not true. But "power corrupts," and 3ABN is one of, if not the most powerful organization connected with the Adventist church. blink.gif

SE,

Thank you so much for bringing this up. While sometimes a person is blessed with good fortune and position when in a close walk with God it does not necessarily mean that all who are so blessed can be viewed as trustworthy in character. Name-dropping misses the mark when attempting to build a case for credibility.

I hope that those board members who are "stuck" will one day have the courage to stand up for truth and principle regardless of the fallout.

PB

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Mar 6 2007, 12:53 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 6 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #113

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Oh, I see so the fact that she was on the phone when he beckoned at all was "too much". Well, he wasn't beckoning too much, cuz according to him she had plenty of time to chat on the phone, etc. Poor thing! BTW, where is Brandi?
QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 6 2007, 05:49 AM) [snapback]182976[/snapback]

Di,
Danny expected that Linda be available at his beck and call... she was to be submissive to her man... you know how those controlling men can be... it doesn't matter where he was, she was suppose to be waiting for him, or drop everything in a moments notice to cater to the whims of her man.... just one level above barefoot and pregnant..... likewise that's what the dannyclones feel Linda should have done..... all of them chauvinistic and controlling.... and the female dannyclones have likewise bought into that mindset.....

so don't expect any meaningful dialog to come from that issue of where was Danny when Linda allegedly was on the phone, it doesn't matter.... Danny the annointed one, the heir to all that is good and righteous was to be served.....

I am sure you also realize that there are those who have been "promoted" to such positions for their backbone, and even moreso those who have been chosen for promotion for the lack thereof................ as-if.gif
QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]182922[/snapback]

And when will you realize soul that it is ludicrous that you refer to upstanding leaders, business men and women of our denomination as Lackeys. Do you really think that about Ellsworth McKee, Kenneth Denslow, Merlin F, Carmalita Troy etc are not smart enough to think for themselves or "brave" enough to disagree with something if they don't like it? You know thats not realistic...................

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 6 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #114

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 6 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]182976[/snapback]

Di,

“Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”

Carl Gustav Jung

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 6 2007, 01:49 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 6 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

It is obvious that all of you are making "shots in the dark" because you don't know what you are talking about. You feel so free to make judgments based on heresay.

Danny is not chauvanistic and neither is Bystander or Greg. You don't know them Clay, so how can you judge? You are just spouting to the wind.

To use the term "lackeys" is disrespectful and unChristlike.

PB: how do you know Nathan didn't get the attention he needed from his parents? I'm a grandmother like you are--surely you are smarter than that!

Now you say some board members are "stuck" in their position. That is not truthful PERIOD!

It would be better to keep quiet than to spout off and show foolishness as I am reading in this thread.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Mar 6 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #116

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 6 2007, 03:54 PM) [snapback]183084[/snapback]

It is obvious that all of you are making "shots in the dark" because you don't know what you are talking about. You feel so free to make judgments based on heresay.

Danny is not chauvanistic and neither is Bystander or Greg. You don't know them Clay, so how can you judge? You are just spouting to the wind.

PB: how do you know Nathan didn't get the attention he needed from his parents? I'm a grandmother like you are--surely you are smarter than that!

Now you say some board members are "stuck" in their position. That is not truthful PERIOD!

It would be better to keep quiet than to spout off and show foolishness as I am reading in this thread.

this one rates 4 violins

nopity.gif nopity.gif nopity.gif nopity.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 6 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #117

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 6 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]183084[/snapback]

not judging just making an observation...... and why not take your own advice..... i.e. keep quiet rather than spouting off?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Mar 6 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 6 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]183084[/snapback]

Whoa... rewind... who is Greg?

(Context would not be consistent with Gregory Matthews aka Observer)

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: Mar 6 2007, 02:22 PM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 6 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #119

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 6 2007, 12:54 PM) [snapback]183084[/snapback]

I read Mending Broken People. I don't know for sure that the children didn't get all the attention they needed as they grew, but by the descriptions in the book both co-founders put a lot of their time into raising 3abn so it stands to reason that there may have not been enough of Danny and Linda to sufficiently go around.

My husband and I built and briefly ran a business and found there was precious little time for our own small children. I know about the shame I mentioned from personal experience.

And you know this, how? Soul Espresso knows at least some of them and knows about at least one who is "stuck". Read his post. First-hand testimony from him.

I agree, Lee. Good advice and I hope you take it.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 6 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #120

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

You got that right! Greg=wwjd?

BTW, Welcome to BSDA! I se eyou understand our motto quite well........"This is not Sabbath School, we pay attention"
QUOTE(from-the-pew @ Mar 6 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]183091[/snapback]

Whoa... rewind... who is Greg?

(Context would not be consistent with Gregory Matthews aka Observer)

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church