Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12760&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:54:34 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Letter From Mike Bisson
Bystander
post Mar 5 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 5 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]182905[/snapback]

Say it all the times you want. I hope I can be in that court room the day "the truth" comes out. Ya, right. If it doesn't need to be here, then why are you here anyway? What does it matter to you what is said here? What's the big deal? Just go away then and wait for that court date. I'm looking forward to it too.

I'm here because I hate false allegations against a wonderful ministry. Why are you here? To defend Linda. That's my choice and yours
Me too. I hope I can wrangle an invite....

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 5 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]182908[/snapback]

I'm here because I hate false allegations against a wonderful ministry. Why are you here? To defend Linda. That's my choice and yours
Me too. I hope I can wrangle an invite....

I am here because truth matters most - even and especially over "a wonderful ministry" that frankly is a front for other things not so wonderful. Pleeeezzzz. This is NOT about a ministry - at least it didn't have to be, but since you are destined to drag it down too, so be it.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 5 2007, 11:36 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 5 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Chez @ Mar 5 2007, 10:14 PM) [snapback]182871[/snapback]

This is so interesting. What troubles me is Danny's and Nathan's relationship or the lack thereof. I think about the years of opportunity that Danny had to be a real father to this young man, but there seems to lack evidence that he was a father or father figure to Nathan.

And you would know this how? By what Lindanites have said on these forums? You say there is a "lack of evidence" that he was a real father. You have no idea what he did or did not do for 20 years. You have no idea of the performance of his mother during his growing up years.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 5 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #94

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Bystander)
I'm here because I hate false allegations against a wonderful ministry.

Nah, no one's buying that. Too self-contradictory. It's quite obvious you're here because of the big announcements on 3abn-Live a few weeks ago. "Enoughs enough," remember? Looks like the board decided to send out its biggest attack-Chihuahuas to fight back.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Mar 5 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #95

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]182908[/snapback]

I'm here because I hate false allegations against a wonderful ministry. Why are you here? To defend Linda.

Linda's situation is merely one of several that merit a free and open inquiry. It is NOT just about the divorce. It's also about Tommy and his accusers (by the way, did you know that less than 3% of abused children ever come forward? It's a really low rate for adult victims of abuse too). It's also about misuse of funds donated for ministry.

It ought to be about sloppy theology and teaching too, but that's less immediate than open sin.

I've said it at least three times but I'll say it again. The problem is not with the ministry. We began Bible studies the other day with a lady who showed up at our church because of 3ABN.

The problem is the complete lack of transparency on Danny's part, and on that of his board of lackeys.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Mar 5 2007, 11:57 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 6 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #96

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]182903[/snapback]

I guess I should repeat for the hundreth time....When the truth is brough to light it won't be on here. It will be the right time, the right place and the right people. I would think that you are too intelligent to go for the, "if it ain't here, they aint' got it" line.

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true. There has been plenty of truth brought to light right here already. You have helped in that endeavor more than you can ever know.

And, BTW, I "ain't" falling for any line.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 6 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #97

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Mar 5 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]182919[/snapback]

The problem is the complete lack of transparency on Danny's part, and on that of his board of lackeys.

And when will you realize soul that it is ludicrous that you refer to upstanding leaders, business men and women of our denomination as Lackeys. Do you really think that about Ellsworth McKee, Kenneth Denslow, Merlin F, Carmalita Troy etc are not smart enough to think for themselves or "brave" enough to disagree with something if they don't like it? You know thats not realistic. As I have mentioned before, if you are going to refer to the board that way, then you would also have to refer to ASI, as well as numerous other organizations that support 3abn and the leadership there. It goes against reason that everybody that loves and supports 3abn is a fool or a lackey. There are too many highly intelligent, business minded individuals on that list. Garwin McNeilus is a perfect example. If ever a man knew how things should be run, it would be him. He has all kinds of knowledge of how 3abn is run and the decisions that have been made by leadership. His actions speak for his opinion. These are people that know the intricate workings of the ministry and support it. But, you think, you have more facts and knowledge than they do? No matter how hard you or others try, you cannot dispute the facts of these people and the "inside" information that they know or have dealt with personally. It actually takes a lot of audacity to act like that the little group here knows the facts and these pastors, leaders, business people, conference people, don't. They have privy to things the general public will never know. Their conclusions? They continue to support 3abn and its leadership.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 6 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #98

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You are missing my point, BS. A woman, doesn't spend long hours on the phone with her girlfriends when she is [happily]married. What was Danny doing that she had this kind of time? Most importantly when did she have this kind of time, If at that time she was still working at 3ABN? I mean you are over int he other post talking about Danny not having anytime because of his schedule. Same thing applies. Where was Danny that Linda might even feel she needed someone else besides her husband of 20 years to give her emotional support through this trial? There is not way around it, BS, Danny was not on his job as a husband or a father, and you emphasize that with every new allegation of Linda's long phone conversations and trips, etc. Does Danny want everyone to believe, he was just standing around watching.....the man who carries a gun..... yeah right!

I tell you what, I could even respect you and your gang a bit more if you said they were both tippin'. That would at least explain where Danny was. It would also explain why he was so angry. Men who are tippin' don't often believe their wife is also. Oh but when they find out............ Now Danny's actions are more consistent with the last scenario........Cuz all this running in and out the house, and phone calls is disrepectful, I don't see Danny as the the one would would tolerate this conversation:

Danny: Where are you going, Dear?
Linda( dressed for a date): Out? Don't wait up!
-OR-

Danny: Where are you going with your luuage, Dear?
Linda: Out! Be back Monday(Friday, next week)!

Can you see why your story is full of holes?

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]182851[/snapback]

Di, I don't think you are that slow on the uptake unless you want to be. All the hours of conversation, meetings, gifts, etc went way beyond strictly conversations about Nathan. Johann has established that, emails have established that. We are way beyond the "strictly professional" relationship and the more that pickle/joy prints and the more Johann talks, the more we realize how "far beyond" professional it goes.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 6 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #99

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 6 2007, 12:18 AM) [snapback]182924[/snapback]

Can you see why your story is full of holes?[/color]

No Di it isn't. Why, because it isn't just idle speculation or gossip like most here. You as well as most of the others don't have a clue of what transpired, when it transpired and how it transpired. Stop and think of this. If 3abn and DS would have trashed LS the way you all say they did, You too, would know exactly what went down. The fact that you and so many others don't know what truly happened just proves there was no big trashing of Linda.
In my opinion, 3abn made 1 mistake. They waited too long to say anything and too long to show why they came to the decisions they came to. If the truth had been shown sooner, I'm sure you and I wouldn't be here right now.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 6 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #100

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]182922[/snapback]

And when will you realize soul that it is ludicrous that you refer to upstanding leaders, business men and women of our denomination as Lackeys. Do you really think that about Ellsworth McKee, Kenneth Denslow, Merlin F, Carmalita Troy etc are not smart enough to think for themselves or "brave" enough to disagree with something if they don't like it? You know thats not realistic. As I have mentioned before, if you are going to refer to the board that way, then you would also have to refer to ASI, as well as numerous other organizations that support 3abn and the leadership there. It goes against reason that everybody that loves and supports 3abn is a fool or a lackey. There are too many highly intelligent, business minded individuals on that list. Garwin McNeilus is a perfect example. If ever a man knew how things should be run, it would be him. He has all kinds of knowledge of how 3abn is run and the decisions that have been made by leadership. His actions speak for his opinion. These are people that know the intricate workings of the ministry and support it. But, you think, you have more facts and knowledge than they do? No matter how hard you or others try, you cannot dispute the facts of these people and the "inside" information that they know or have dealt with personally. It actually takes a lot of audacity to act like that the little group here knows the facts and these pastors, leaders, business people, conference people, don't. They have privy to things the general public will never know. Their conclusions? They continue to support 3abn and its leadership.

Bystander,

Audacity? That is an interesting choice of words. I would think it shows audacity for a board filled with the high-powered business people you have mentioned to seemingly ignore the allegations against Tommy Shelton.

Do you know if the board was made aware of the allegations against Tommy? If not, why not? If they were, what was their position on the matter? Why was Pastor Dryden's letter passed off in 2003 with less than a cursory investigation by Walt Thompson? Taking a stand against pastoral abuse of power would go a long ways towards rebuilding credibility for this board filled with wealthy, important people. It might make them seem much more intelligent and more caring about their fellow human beings. It might make them appear to view others just as Jesus does - as so precious He willingly shed His blood for them!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Mar 6 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #101

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 09:56 PM) [snapback]182857[/snapback]

No, we are not hiding what we know to be facts in this situation, we are just not at liberty to expose it. There is a time for every season.....

"We are not hiding what we know to be the facts in this situation, we are just not at liberty to expose it. '

Nonsense

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 6 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #102

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Mar 5 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]182930[/snapback]

"We are not hiding what we know to be the facts in this situation, we are just not at liberty to expose it. '

Nonsense

bs's specialty.nonsense. and then thinking anyone accepts the nonsense. that's nonsense.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 6 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #103

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

BS, now I am going to say that I know you are not that slow on the uptake. Danny doesn't need to tell "the details" in order to trash Linda. He trashes her each and every time he mentions a woman being seduced by aprofessional, or by the internet or over the phone. Man, I don't watch 3aban that much, maybe ten time in my lifetime, and I have heard him do it. Even folks who don't know what happened, by Danny's own mouth know something happened. Since he is remarried and supposed to be "over it" he can not mention it at all. But that is not the question I posed to you.

Point is, where was he? You give Linda great amounts of time where she was free to talk on the phone for hours, etc. Where was Danny? Why wasn't he with her when taking her son? Why wasn't he supporting her emotionally? Where was he? By saying that Linda had these great amounts of time to do these things, one has to ask, where was Danny? That is why I made up the scenario. I admit that enactment was striaght Book of Princess, but I just don't see it going down like that. Where was he? If you have no answer to this question, then just don't answer, because the rest doesn't make sense.

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]182927[/snapback]

No Di it isn't. Why, because it isn't just idle speculation or gossip like most here. You as well as most of the others don't have a clue of what transpired, when it transpired and how it transpired. Stop and think of this. If 3abn and DS would have trashed LS the way you all say they did, You too, would know exactly what went down. The fact that you and so many others don't know what truly happened just proves there was no big trashing of Linda.
In my opinion, 3abn made 1 mistake. They waited too long to say anything and too long to show why they came to the decisions they came to. If the truth had been shown sooner, I'm sure you and I wouldn't be here right now.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Mar 6 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 5 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]182892[/snapback]

Ralph, you got it. There are not 4. There is ONE. People should be more then terrified at what is going on here.

Yeh, we are dealing with a Hydra. How many of the nine heads have appeared to date? I lost count.

+Quote Post
Chez
post Mar 6 2007, 07:08 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 5 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]182911[/snapback]

And you would know this how? By what Lindanites have said on these forums? You say there is a "lack of evidence" that he was a real father. You have no idea what he did or did not do for 20 years. You have no idea of the performance of his mother during his growing up years.

His fruits or the lack thereof speak volumes. It is interesting to note that when the word went out about Linda and the Dr. A, I felt sorry for Danny. Danny was pleading on the 3ABN for Linda to turn around. Many of us were heartbroken. My spouse and I asked why was she traveling to Norway and spending so much time with this doctor. We heard about the specialty in treatment and began to ask "Why wasn't Danny also involved in the treatment process with Nathan?" Nathan had lived in his house for many years. I presented a generic scenario to several psychologists colleagues and all agreed that the stepfather should have been involved in Nathan treatment recovery. The unanimous conclusion (without having diagnosed and treated Nathan) was that Nathan and Danny did not have a positive relationship. In addition, the fact that the mother and the stepfather were still married and Nathan was going through treatment. This would have been an opportune time for the stepfather to reach out to Nathan and show his love and concern for him, thus taking on a more humane and paternal role.

Let's get real. Danny was tired of Linda and wanted a divorce. He got a quick divorce. This has trouble quite a few people in my area. These people were staunch 3ABN supporters and contributors. It is interesting to sit and listen to them. Not all of these people were fans of Linda, however, they did not like and still don't approve of how Danny got rid of her. The problem was not only the divorce, but the rapidity of such an act and his remarriage. Some believe that if Linda and the doctor were so involved as claimed by Danny, then she would have been the first to get married. However, this is not the case.

Bystander, you sound as though you are a confidant of Danny. There are many people who are troubled by his divorce from Linda, remarriage to Brandy, and the trashing of Linda on 3ABN. Not all of these people are Adventists. Please suggest to him to return to his mission, keep his mouth shut (including his staff) about Linda and others (even through inuendos), and get on with the work that he says that the Lord called him to do. The very people who he is trying to reach are noticing that something is wrong. The very people who he is trying to reach are turned off by it. Danny should cease and decist with his continued rhetoric and get on with the mission of 3ABN! He is hurting himself.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:54 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church