Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12885&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:16 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save3abn Website, who runs it?
LaurenceD
post Mar 15 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #121

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

The other one is...
    Matthew 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Mar 16 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #122

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 14 2007, 01:04 PM) [snapback]185290[/snapback]

Lee,
Will the donor paying for the legal costs be claiming it as a donation to 3abn?

Bless you, Lee. Yes most of us on here want ALL of the truth, whatever side it is from. I have personally been begging for that all along. I am willing to accept your apology and definitely willing to try.

PB

PB,

Here is Danny Shelton's explanation from the LIVE show:
I'm being honest with you. Before this gets out I want to be the first to set this record straight. Well people say, I don't want my money going to pay lawyers. And so if there's any lawsuits going on, defamation, whatever, I don’t want my money...well, we have some people who have donated and did not take a tax deduction and say we're going to help with this so you don't have to take donor's money. If you need legal fees or if you need attorneys to write letters, or if ya gotta go to court to defend yourself, we will help with those bills. And so money is coming in every month. They're paying every month and saying we want to help with situation, so you can let your donor's know that their money is still going just the way it should. When you give money it is going to give the gospel to all the world.

The quote is from the program where the 3ABN panel was addressing the negative article in Adventist today and Pickle and Joy's Save3ABN website, etc..

I believe Ralph transcribed most of the second hour except for 3ABN's explanation of how to support them through prayer, money, labour, and by calling your local networks and stations which have 3ABN and thanking them, or by asking them to add it, if it's not offered in your area.

For those who haven't read it, you can do so here:
http://mypage.direct.ca/r/rseland/private/second.html

Have a Happy Sabbath. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Mar 16 2007, 05:09 PM

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 16 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #123

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Thank you, Aletheia for posting this response. I haven't see the second hour of that broadcast and also haven't read all of what Ralph has transcribed.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 16 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #124

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Mar 16 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]185798[/snapback]

PB,

[color=#3333FF] [b]I'm being honest with you. Before this gets out I want to be the first to set this record straight. Well people say, I don't want my money going to pay lawyers. And so if there's any lawsuits going on, defamation, whatever, I don’t want my money...well, we have some people who have donated and did not take a tax deduction and say we're going to help with this so you don't have to take donor's money.

In light of the FACT that peoples donations as well as how they file their taxes, happen to be confidential you can only speak for yourself in regards to who does or does not receive deductions. blink.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Mar 16 2007, 05:39 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Mar 16 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

PB,

I'm being honest with you. Before this gets out I want to be the first to set this record straight. Well people say, I don't want my money going to pay lawyers. And so if there's any lawsuits going on, defamation, whatever, I don’t want my money...well, we have some people who have donated and did not take a tax deduction and say we're going to help with this so you don't have to take donor's money. If you need legal fees or if you need attorneys to write letters, or if ya gotta go to court to defend yourself, we will help with those bills. And so money is coming in every month. They're paying every month and saying we want to help with situation, so you can let your donor's know that their money is still going just the way it should. When you give money it is going to give the gospel to all the world.

I hope that 3ABN is documenting well how this money is being used. The donor may be giving it as a NON-tax deductible gift, which means that they cannot claim it on their taxes, but there are still restrictions on how the money can be used.

For example, if the money is designated to be for Danny Shelton, it could be viewed by the IRS as income. Danny would be required to declare the money as income, and pay taxes on it.

In the church setting, many churches take up an offering for their pastor for birthdays, etc. If this money is taken up by the church, and people MAY feel compelled to contribute, it must be claimed as income.

Sometimes churches will purchase cars for their pastors. After all, the pastor uses his car to visit the sick, attend church related meetings, etc. The IRS says this gift is taxable.

If a donor sends money to 3ABN to support the 501C3 organization, it has certain legal implications. If the donor is sending money to support Danny Shelton, the implications could be quite different.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 17 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #126

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

The fact is, and will remain, that Danny and 3abn does not have to go to court to defend it's self. He can at any time he wishes bring this whole sordid issue to it's conclusion without any lawyers getting involved. It's his choice to unwisely spend donor money to go after fellow believers, money that could be better spent spreading the Gospel. Stubborness is an awful burden to bear.

Richard

PB,

I'm being honest with you. Before this gets out I want to be the first to set this record straight. Well people say, I don't want my money going to pay lawyers. And so if there's any lawsuits going on, defamation, whatever, I don’t want my money...well, we have some people who have donated and did not take a tax deduction and say we're going to help with this so you don't have to take donor's money. If you need legal fees or if you need attorneys to write letters, or[b] if ya gotta go to court to defend yourself, we will help with those bills. And so money is coming in every month. They're paying every month and saying we want to help with situation, so you can let your donor's know that their money is still going just the way it should. When you give money it is going to give the gospel to all the world.[/b]
The quote is from the program where the 3ABN panel was addressing the negative article in Adventist today and Pickle and Joy's Save3ABN website, etc..

I believe Ralph transcribed most of the second hour except for 3ABN's explanation of how to support them through prayer, money, labour, and by calling your local networks and stations which have 3ABN and thanking them, or by asking them to add it, if it's not offered in your area.

For those who haven't read it, you can do so here:
http://mypage.direct.ca/r/rseland/private/second.html
Have a Happy Sabbath. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 17 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

[quote name='LaurenceD' date='Mar 14 2007, 03:43 PM' post='185351']
Your legal counsel must be the same one that proved themselves incompetent in the 3abn vs. Dept of Rev, State of Illinois. Defamation through libel requires a much deeper understanding of the law than you demonstrate. For example, how would I be able to prove that you are you using your computer? You may be at the public library, posting not only anonymously in this forum, but anonymously through someone elses computer. Or you may be posting under someone elses name and email/isp. They can't be held accountable for that. There's no way to prove who used the computer, or who actually posted, unless there's a record of some kind, like video cameras focused on the computer at the time of posting, clearly identifying who posted.
[/quote

Laurence,I could state all of this in an entirely different way, but I won't. I will get straight to the point. Of course this is not the same legal counsel. These people are experts at what they do.
As to what you stated about finding computers, you are not well versed on the expertise of that subject and I will leave it at that.
As far as the rest of your "lesson" on what constitutes a case, whatever your opinion is,it is of no consequence in comparison to those, who have practiced the art of law succesfully for over 30 years. It pales in comparison to those who are experts not just in law but in these types of cases. They know what they can prove, how to prove it, how to best try the cases (seperately or together) and in what order said cases should be handled. They know the hows, the why's and the way's and for anyone, here, on this forum to argue with their assessments, their knowledge and their success, well, it isn't the most intelligent thing to do.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 17 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #128

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

I know this is totally offtopic.gif however....

Hey Bystander! How was your Sabbath?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 17 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 17 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]185967[/snapback]

The fact is, and will remain, that Danny and 3abn does not have to go to court to defend it's self. He can at any time he wishes bring this whole sordid issue to it's conclusion without any lawyers getting involved. It's his choice to unwisely spend donor money to go after fellow believers, money that could be better spent spreading the Gospel. Stubborness is an awful burden to bear.

Richard

No, they don't. And they aren't.

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 17 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]185978[/snapback]

I know this is totally offtopic.gif however....

Hey Bystander! How was your Sabbath?

Very relaxing and peaceful. How was yours. I love our day of rest.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 17 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #130

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Great!!! It is indeed a blessing. Why dont you extend it a while and "enjoy the rest of the board, paly a game in teh arcade, chat in LC, read the other forums. Try it, you'll like it!

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 17 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]185979[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 17 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

So are you saying that 3abn has decided not to take legal action?

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 17 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]185979[/snapback]

No, they don't. And they aren't.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 17 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #132

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 17 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]185967[/snapback]

yes.gif
QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 17 2007, 11:00 PM) [snapback]185997[/snapback]

See? I caught that too....

One mouth says "prepare for lawsuit".... "sending off evidence".....another mouth says, "No, they aren't...."

Somebody's lying...

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 17 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #133

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 17 2007, 09:00 PM) [snapback]185997[/snapback]

I think I heard the very same thing, Richard. Why am I not surprised?

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 17 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #134

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

Probably because (let's be serious) they will end up losing more money and lookin' real crispy (moted/embarrassed/stank/stupid) than before any case would have started....

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Mar 17 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 18 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]186000[/snapback]

yes.gif

See? I caught that too....

One mouth says "prepare for lawsuit".... "sending off evidence".....another mouth says, "No, they aren't...."

Somebody's lying...

Well it could mean that 3ABN/management are not considered to be stubborn.

This post has been edited by Brenda: Mar 17 2007, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church