Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13332&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:38:36 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change In 3-abn Leadership
HUGGINS130
post Apr 20 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #106

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

scratchchin.gif all of this coming from people of the book! Such is life no.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 20 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #107

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(HUGGINS130 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]192161[/snapback]

scratchchin.gif all of this coming from people of the book! Such is life no.gif

to paraphrase some great quotes from the bible.... Whatever they are going to do, "do quickly...."

or maybe its, Jesus said to [them,] "are you betraying me with" a merger? dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 20 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #108

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

It is definitely code for black" Den, you might add hispanic in there also, but when they refer to music or anything being urban, it generally mean "black".

QUOTE(Denny @ Apr 20 2007, 06:14 AM) [snapback]192149[/snapback]

I thought the channel was urban based or does urban automatically equate to black? What they need is a channel that appeals to youth the present set up from what I have seen looks so boring even for me who is a senior youth. afro.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 20 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #109

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

PB, this one is a denominational issue. How one runs a "supportive" or "independent" ministry can be reflective of one's personal convictions; the denominational nextwork and voice of it's ministries should be more reflective of the people it seeks to minister to and/or the membership.

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 20 2007, 08:40 AM) [snapback]192145[/snapback]

Simply,
Point taken and seconded. Just wonder if it is because of racism by the leadership or...?

Danny referred to Wently Phipp's proposed channel that is being developed. It will be interesting to see how that network feeds the flocks. I'll buy one of the new-fangled boxes they were advertising last night if Wently's channel truly represents Black worship services and music.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Apr 20 2007, 10:52 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 20 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #110

Member No.: 3,145

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 20 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]192163[/snapback]

to paraphrase some great quotes from the bible.... Whatever they are going to do, "do quickly...."

or maybe its, Jesus said to [them,] "are you betraying me with" a merger? dunno.gif

How is a merger a betrayal? *curious*

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 20 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #111

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

Danny said last night that this would be "national news."

Our local media hasn't even picked it up yet. I'm sure the hole-in-the-wall West Frankfort paper will (they always try to pacify Danny for some reason), but I really don't expect to hear it anywhere else.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 20 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #112

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

This particular merger it is their motives, and the fact taht they are doing it in the Name of God.....for appearances only. The whole two hours for the sake of the pitch for funds at the end. Is their purpose really ministry. SJ says th at she is reading the Frank Perretti books. In those books religion was used as a front, the rank and file had no idea of the true purpose of the organization. That would be a betrayal to God and to the people who believe that being faithful to the "ministry" they are being faithful to God......because the ministry is of course following the voice of God.........you get my drift.

Now, before eveyone gets excited about rushing to judgment. The first thing which gives me pause is that done this way, Danny will still never have to repent or answer for the wrongs he ha done.....in the name of God and 3ABN. So from there motives of everyone invovled are suspect.

QUOTE(hollybygolly @ Apr 20 2007, 10:19 AM) [snapback]192170[/snapback]

How is a merger a betrayal? *curious*

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 20 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 20 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]192172[/snapback]

This particular merger it is their motives, and the fact taht they are doing it in the Name of God.....for appearances only. The whole two hours for the sake of the pitch for funds at the end.

Yes, I picked up on that too. "Well, we don't really know how this will all take place and who will be on the board and what resources will be shared and what role we will all play....but we need your money."

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
roxe
post Apr 20 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(vanburton @ Apr 20 2007, 07:12 AM) [snapback]192148[/snapback]

Where was JL? He was present at the other "live" defense shows of DS. Anyone know?

i don't know... but perhaps he was out electrocuting, i mean, rewiring someone's house...

oops... sorry... rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

i know i know, i just negated my appology with laughter...

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 20 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #115

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 20 2007, 06:03 AM) [snapback]192147[/snapback]

scratchchin.gif ........ Excuse me... a white channel proposing to develop a black channel..... what am I missing? How is this anything but just an updated version of segregated churches, segregated conferences, and a segregated heaven uhm.gif

Shouldn't our aim be for all channels to be fully integrated? And if channels have specialties in programming, let that be along other lines than those which already divide us.... racial, doctrinal, an music styles. One can see the appropriateness of LLBN, for example, being weighted towards health issues. One could see a worship/inspiration channel staying away from doctrinal and health programing. One could see a music channel carrying only music... either video or live performances. But IMO all channels should organize their programming so that no race or other group within the Adventist church feels left out of, or slighted by, the programming content or appearance. Not all programs need to appeal to all tastes, cultures, doctrinal biases, or races... but certainly the channel as a whole should offer a balanced fare with something for each individual.

...................TVsnack.gif.................

WB,
You certainly called that one correctly! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif Separate channels could be nothing more than a slick technological way to separate the denomination by color. I wonder if 3abn and Wently Phipps have pondered on that one? Is Wently developing the channel or is Danny?

A fully integrated channel? Of course that should be the goal! Will Hope be our best bet? We will see. On the other hand, wouldn't all of the various channels being in the same little box, available to all viewers be rather like an integreted network? I'm sure someone will set me straight if I've stuck my foot in my mouth again. Of course, I have no idea exactly what Wently Phipp's channel will be like so perhaps I should just zip it and watch for awhile.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 20 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #116

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

The only thing to remember is that there ARE differences in the worship experiences and expression....some of you may be turned off by how I worship and I tell you with all due respect, I was not interested in most of the Adventist programming on either Hope or 3ABN....Having a separate channel does not make them racist; if no one else can be a part of it, then that would.

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 20 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]192183[/snapback]

WB,
You certainly called that one correctly! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif Separate channels could be nothing more than a slick technological way to separate the denomination by color. I wonder if 3abn and Wently Phipps have pondered on that one? Is Wently developing the channel or is Danny?

A fully integrated channel? Of course that should be the goal! Will Hope be our best bet? We will see. On the other hand, wouldn't all of the various channels being in the same little box, available to all viewers be rather like an integreted network? I'm sure someone will set me straight if I've stuck my foot in my mouth again. Of course, I have no idea exactly what Wently Phipp's channel will be like so perhaps I should just zip it and watch for awhile.

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 20 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #117

Member No.: 3,145

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 20 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]192172[/snapback]

This particular merger it is their motives, and the fact taht they are doing it in the Name of God.....for appearances only. The whole two hours for the sake of the pitch for funds at the end. Is their purpose really ministry. SJ says th at she is reading the Frank Perretti books. In those books religion was used as a front, the rank and file had no idea of the true purpose of the organization. That would be a betrayal to God and to the people who believe that being faithful to the "ministry" they are being faithful to God......because the ministry is of course following the voice of God.........you get my drift.

Now, before eveyone gets excited about rushing to judgment. The first thing which gives me pause is that done this way, Danny will still never have to repent or answer for the wrongs he ha done.....in the name of God and 3ABN. So from there motives of everyone invovled are suspect.

He will have to answer to God, eventually. Isnt that the most imporant thing?
Even if he appeard on 3ABN and confessed everything he did wrong, got on his knees and begged for forgiveness (which, hopefully we would forgive), how many of us would trust him like we used to? *does not raise hand*
It would be wonderful if DS saw the error of his ways, but I honestly dont think that will happen, at least not admitted publicly. Even if it did happen, I would still wonder about the sincerity.
Maybe this is a great wakeup call, that no matter what, man is flawed, and the only one we can trust completely is God. We can't base our faith on an organization. We must base our faith on the God and His word to us.
God gave certain people certain talents and resources, and it is their choice to use them right. Obviously someone has misused these things and is paying for his choices now. Its now someone else's turn to use talents and resources, we will see what happens.
God will bless you for what you use to glorify Him. I am so glad that He will never let us down, and that we can rely on Him to turn something good out of this, as long as we focus on what is most important - spreading God's word.
He is coming so soon. Lets remember that. Soon all the heartache will be gone. How awesome to think that we won't have to be limited on time ever again - we will have eternity to get to know each other!!! Thats the one unfortunate thing about church, you just dont have time to talk with everyone that you want to. smile.gif

This post has been edited by hollybygolly: Apr 20 2007, 01:16 PM

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Apr 20 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(msraccoon @ Apr 19 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]192098[/snapback]

Wow, talk about a letdown. Just finished listening to the not so great 3ABN live.

I am sad and very disappointed. I had always hoped that someday this godly man called Doug Batchelor would somehow help DS realize the error of his ways. And TS's grossly overlooked sins.

Now that Doug and ASI have crawled into bed with DS, words cannot express my frustration.

I have refused to listen to DS for several years because I consider him to be a narcissist; so full of himself. His "preaching" always takes a back seat to his stories, rambling and rambling about himself and his own interests. (Did you ever just want to slap him and say "get to the point"?)
I could see Linda's uneasiness at times about the way he talked instead of letting his guests talk.

Regretfully, I no longer believe that Doug is necessarily the preacher needed for the "last days". I have completely lost confidence in him. Just like all pastors I knew growing up, he chose not to
address an issue such as sex, immorality, homosexuality, adultery. Just ignore it long enough
and it will go away.

DS will now most certainly hide under the umbrella of Doug. This merger will probably kill any chance of Linda getting the justice that she so much deserves.

I do not for a moment believe that God's hand is in this so-called merger. I am ashamed of all
the SDA leaders for their lack of calling Danny and Tommy to accountability. How can DS even
speak of "bringing the undiluted 3-angels message to the whole world. HYPOCRITE he is.

msraccoon

I was really initially disappointed in the program but when I got to thinking about it, I realize that Doug Batchelor can't just romp into the 3ABN offices and throw out people left and right just because I think that is what should be done. no.gif And I do! giggle.gif

He is going to need some time and some slack from us to make the changes that we would like to see. What we need to do, I think, is keep messaging him to let him know where we stand on the issues. He will automatically take up the financial issues as they arise and that in itself should get rid of Danny sooner than he even understands. In any case, Doug cannot do anything about the issues of pedophilia and sexual misconduct. Those issues are separate from the running of 3ABN except for the immediate need to clearing out of anyone who is risking children and anyone else with that kind of behavior. furious.gif

As to the others, Doug will need to be very circumspect in his dealings with them. I suspect that in the long run, he has kept much of his private thoughts to himself and will let them out only as he sees fit within the boundaries that need to be set up. I say that because of his refusal to accept the position that Danny 'offered' him last night. He has a plan that he and God are working on, is what I see.

We have hashed and rehashed this situation so much that we think we have all of the answers and want to see them acted upon post haste whip.gif , but I still see that God is in control and will wait to pass judgement on Doug Batchelor. How many will join me in this?

Many prayers are needed!

GrammieTana

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 20 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #119

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

Tomatoe seems to be the spokesman for 3ABN (Danny). Pinkpather007 has heard correctly. My question is: Who pulled the wool over whose eyes?

Pinkpanther007 http://www.christianforums.com/t5209775&page=7

Originally Posted by tomatoe
Of course he will have his position and will go on spearheading his team just the way DS will go on spearheading his. Who knows, by the time all of the details are ironed out, titles may change again. This is not something that either ministry has jumped into lightly or quickly. The details are mind boggling and will take plenty of time but, when the ink is dry Mollie will still continue her job as GM, DS was still continue his as leader of 3abn and Doug will continue his vision with Amazing Facts. All will work together to make the impossible, possible.

So, you said that Danny handed over the title but NOT the position. Doug will continue to head up AF and Danny will continue to head up 3ABN. So the hand over of the presidency of 3ABN by Danny to Doug was not real then? Again, if your assertion is correct it raises questions about the validity of everything else that was said tonight regarding this merger. This, BTW, was your assertion, not Danny's.

This post has been edited by Fran: Apr 20 2007, 02:22 PM

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 20 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

You made a number of statements that I wholeheartedly agree with (after my reflection, as well.)

QUOTE(GrammieTana @ Apr 20 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]192193[/snapback]

...Doug Batchelor can't just romp into the 3ABN offices and throw out people left and right just because...

He is going to need some time and some slack from us to make the changes ...

In any case, Doug cannot do anything about the issues of pedophilia and sexual misconduct. Those issues are separate from the running of 3ABN except for the immediate need to clearing out of anyone who is risking children and anyone else with that kind of behavior. furious.gif

As to the others, Doug will need to be very circumspect in his dealings with them. I suspect that in the long run, he has kept much of his private thoughts to himself and will let them out only as he sees fit within the boundaries that need to be set up....

He has a plan that he and God are working on, is what I see.

We have hashed and rehashed this situation so much that we think we have all of the answers and want to see them acted upon post haste whip.gif , but I still see that God is in control and will wait to pass judgement on Doug Batchelor. How many will join me in this?

Many prayers are needed!

GrammieTana

God IS in control here. I have much confidence in Doug Batchelor being a servant of God. I think we need to give him some space... and wait and see what happens over time. Nothing happens overnight!

Plus, just because I think a certain thing doesn't make it right! I'd be willing to guess that we could come up with several different opinions on what should be done, just among the members who have been posting here the past 2 days.

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church