Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13332&st=150 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:38:47 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change In 3-abn Leadership
PeacefulBe
post Apr 21 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #151

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Grith @ Apr 21 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]192356[/snapback]

I watched the program Thursday evening (thanks to seeing the announcement at BSDA). I've been reading the responses here, but I heard something that no one has commented on thus far. Danny stated that there had been a secret meeting in Denver with himself, DB, and Garwin McNeilus. That brought a few questions to mind:
  1. Why did they have to meet with McNeilus? I know that he is very wealthy and apparently that gives him a lot of clout?
  2. Why was it immportant to meet with McNeilus? Why was his input/counsel/approval needed?
  3. Why was the meeting secret. From what I remember DS said that even Molly didn't know.
  4. Why would it be so important to get one layman's OK but not all those other who are or have supported AF/3ABN?
Does anyone have any ideas? uhm.gif

Grith,
Welcome to BSDA!

Great questions! I wondered what Garwin McNeilus' involvement was as well. It would be nice to see Stan Smith's transcripts of the Denver meeting but I doubt that anyone here will be privy to them.

I'll take your questions over to Christian Forums and see if tomatoe has any input.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 21 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #152

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Grith,
No response from tomatoe yet. I'm not positive, but I seem to remember that Mollie was the only one at 3abn who knew about the Denver meeting and CA Murry had his dream about it and was afraid that Mollie would think he was phishing for info if he told her about it.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 21 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #153

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 21 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]192355[/snapback]

Clay,
In steffan's defense he did stay away from September until now. That took some pretty strong resolve, IMO! But if he came back just to play, he best remember to play carefully and mind the occasional hungry gators swimming by.

Not posting != staying away

Steffan spoke rather harshly of BSDA when he thought it was behind our backs and said he was never coming back here again...

I guess never is a variable length of time in his world... but in the real world where the rest of us live, such a pronouncement means he would not darken this doorstep again...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Grith
post Apr 21 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #154

Member No.: 3,399

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 21 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]192364[/snapback]

Grith,
No response from tomatoe yet. I'm not positive, but I seem to remember that Mollie was the only one at 3abn who knew about the Denver meeting and CA Murry had his dream about it and was afraid that Mollie would think he was phishing for info if he told her about it.

PB, it may be that Molly knew. I can't quite remember. I was taking notes, but you know how fast DS talks, rap.gif and I never did learn shorthand. I guess I will have to tune in to the rebroadcast tommorrow. Hmmm, on second thought, don't know if I really want to sit thru that 2 hours again. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 21 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #155

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grith @ Apr 21 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]192356[/snapback]

I watched the program Thursday evening (thanks to seeing the announcement at BSDA). I've been reading the responses here, but I heard something that no one has commented on thus far. Danny stated that there had been a secret meeting in Denver with himself, DB, and Garwin McNeilus. That brought a few questions to mind:
  1. Why did they have to meet with McNeilus? I know that he is very wealthy and apparently that gives him a lot of clout?
  2. Why was it immportant to meet with McNeilus? Why was his input/counsel/approval needed?
  3. Why was the meeting secret. From what I remember DS said that even Molly didn't know.
  4. Why would it be so important to get one layman's OK but not all those other who are or have supported AF/3ABN?
Does anyone have any ideas? uhm.gif

Grith,
Here is the answer from tomatoe over on Christian Forums:

"Rosie is correct. There will be plenty of details that will still need to be worked out in the future. These things take time.
McNeilus was there because his family is heavily involved in ASI as well as world wide missions. His input was needed as to what involvement ASI might have in this merger. Also, to be able to bring the message into more and more global locations could have a direct influence on all of the mission work that the McNeilus's do in third world countries. It is a great decision for all concerned to have Mr. Mcneilus's input.

WHy the secrecy? To try to keep the false rumors, stories and allegations down to a minimum until the merger announcement was made. On these forums it has been bad enough as it is."

QUOTE(Grith @ Apr 21 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]192372[/snapback]

PB, it may be that Molly knew. I can't quite remember. I was taking notes, but you know how fast DS talks, rap.gif and I never did learn shorthand. I guess I will have to tune in to the rebroadcast tommorrow. Hmmm, on second thought, don't know if I really want to sit thru that 2 hours again. rolleyes.gif

Grith,
Well, just keep in mind that the information you wish to corroborate is in the first hour and then you would have confirmed it for yourself. wink.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 21 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #156

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 21 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]192374[/snapback]

Grith,
Here is the answer from tomatoe over on Christian Forums:

"Rosie is correct. There will be plenty of details that will still need to be worked out in the future. These things take time.
McNeilus was there because his family is heavily involved in ASI as well as world wide missions. His input was needed as to what involvement ASI might have in this merger. Also, to be able to bring the message into more and more global locations could have a direct influence on all of the mission work that the McNeilus's do in third world countries. It is a great decision for all concerned to have Mr. Mcneilus's input.

WHy the secrecy? To try to keep the false rumors, stories and allegations down to a minimum until the merger announcement was made. On these forums it has been bad enough as it is."

I envision a new Board position has been made.

It appears that control will change hands; just not what we are thinking will happen.

They said there would be a couple of positions filled from ASI. Go figure. It can't be that hard to see that money talks louder than the Right Thing to Do.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
rwelchcrs
post Apr 21 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #157

Member No.: 1,252

I think it's too early to draw conclusions, but I'm somewhat troubled by the seeming joyfull anticipation of Amazing Facts joining hands with an organization badly tainted with credible allegations of moral and financial corruption. Some are saying Doug Batchelor does not believe the accusations and ignores the documentation.

I used to admire Danny Shelton and 3ABN.

I still admire Doug Batchelor and Amazing Facts.

Be careful, Pastor Doug.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 21 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #158

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(rwelchcrs @ Apr 21 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]192378[/snapback]

I think it's too early to draw conclusions, but I'm somewhat troubled by the seeming joyfull anticipation of Amazing Facts joining hands with an organization badly tainted with credible allegations of moral and financial corruption. Some are saying Doug Batchelor does not believe the accusations and ignores the documentation.

I used to admire Danny Shelton and 3ABN.

I still admire Doug Batchelor and Amazing Facts.

Be careful, Pastor Doug.

Please don't think that everyone is greeting this move with "joyfull anticipation".

The old saying.... "Birds of a feather flock together" bears careful consideration.

This one also.... "One reveals his own character by the character of those with whom he associates most closely."

And one more.....The golden rule.... "He who has the gold makes the rules."

We are looking at two TV actors. Let's not mistake role playing for something other than what it is.

..............TVsnack.gif...........sofa1.gif........

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Apr 21 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #159

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 21 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]192380[/snapback]

Please don't think that everyone is greeting this move with "joyfull anticipation".

The old saying.... "Birds of a feather flock together" bears careful consideration.

This one also.... "One reveals his own character by the character of those with whom he associates most closely."

We are looking at two TV actors. Let's not mistake role playing for something other than what it is.

.............. TVsnack.gif ........... sofa1.gif ........

BINGO! And let's throw in one more word to cover the mystery man, C-O-N-T-R-O-L. All the ingredients for a long running soap.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 21 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #160

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 21 2007, 11:25 AM) [snapback]192304[/snapback]

Yes, posters who come in here to distract and confuse are really to be ignored. I had thought forums were for posting what one is thnking through their fingers. Most posters respectfully disagree with each other and no one is kicked out of the forum.

When I read other posts I might agree or disagree with what is being posted but that doesn't give me the right to be rude to the other poster. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinions. Making statements in the forums to type out our opinions doesn't necessarily mean that what we post is meant as a truth to be written down in stone.

If ALL of us agree to use the ignore botton on the rude posters they won't have anyone to argue with and leave us alone. I am trying to do that myself.

If anyone disagrees with me please do so kindly. happydance.gif Love to all.

Thank Calvin for allowing us to post on the Sabbath day.

Rosyroi
@}---;---;-----

Y'all are killin us here rofl1.gif Tryin to reinvent the wheel and say "I" did it. blink.gif

The "let's ignore the rude ones" was suggested months ago. And we've been doing quite well at it. spoton.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Apr 21 2007, 10:17 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
hollybygolly
post Apr 21 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #161

Member No.: 3,145

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 21 2007, 10:03 PM) [snapback]192380[/snapback]

..............TVsnack.gif...........sofa1.gif........

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the "actors" comment if you are referring to them the way of TV actors. I think that is totally unfair. At least in reference to both of them.

--------------------
"She is tolerable, I suppose... but not handsome enough to tempt ME." - Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 22 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #162

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Then why the merge? What is the point? If AF is going to continue to be Af and 3ABN is going to continue as 3ABN, and everythign and everybody the same. That is not the way mergers works. Now they can work quickly, and then line Sprint and Nextel, Waochvia Wrold Savings, etc. It might at ke a while for everything to be Sprint or Wachovia but that duality will not stay, eventually they weill be under one name, one company and ALL duplicity will be gond. There will be no co presidents/CEOs. Now anyone who believes the hype that one day the whole tamale won't be name either 3ABN or AF, then they are fooling themselves. My money's on AF, 3ABN is much too troubled by rumors, true or not. The really only way for it to be called 3ABN is that a thorough house cleaning is down and ALL those of questionable character be sent on their way. AF , on the other hand has an excellent repurtation right now, and DB is known as a man of integrity. As I said Danny needed AF's credibility.......not sure wht AF and DB are getting out of this other than not paying for airtime,a nd 24/7 network.

I
am sorry, I had to post here after hearing all that is being said here. It is too funny not to.
Doug and Danny had a meeting Thursday at 4pm central time with all of the 3abn employees. They were told that this merge would not change any of their positions, work schedules or anything else. Doug made a point to say that he intends to keep his church in Sacramento and still run amazing facts and WOULD NOT have any say in day to day 3abn operations just as Danny will have no say in day to day operations of AF. Except for a merger of the boards and Danny and Doug taking more time to evangelize, most everything will remain as is. Doug and Danny, AF & 3abn will remain 2000 miles apart and will continue business as usual with Danny over 3abn and Doug over AF.
So, all this business of Doug cleaning house or that he doesn't realize what he has gotten himself into is absolutely a huge laugh. He had 20 or so highly respected people on his board advising him as well as Danny's board advising him. AF and 3ABN has worked together closely for years. That is the reason the AF people are not worried about allegations. They know they are false and shrug off the people behind it. To say that Danny was running scared as stated above is, again, crazy. If he was running scared he would have resigned, not expanded, and remained in charge of 3abn.
Not hard people, get a grip. As much as you hate to face it, that is the truth of it. As much as you want to read stuff into it, you can't. It is all good.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 22 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #163

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

well let's see. a worldwide satellite network, a full tv studio and all the airtime you want. that's quite a bit. i think we all know the folks running AF aren't stupid. they are lots more than one man too! DB may be president of AF but he doesn't call all the shots does he? i don't believe for a second any of this is in name only. AF has lots to gain but also, everything to lose. they will gain control, no doubt. i think GM brought and bought this arrangement. hopefully it is with good intentions. DS said he was paying all the attorney bills so he knows exactly what is going on and who needs to move out of the way and out of the limelight. GM has the money. GM is giving the money; that's why he was at the meeting. just my opinion.

Then why the merge? What is the point? If AF is going to continue to be Af and 3ABN is going to continue as 3ABN, and everythign and everybody the same. That is not the way mergers works. Now they can work quickly, and then line Sprint and Nextel, Waochvia Wrold Savings, etc. It might at ke a while for everything to be Sprint or Wachovia but that duality will not stay, eventually they weill be under one name, one company and ALL duplicity will be gond. There will be no co presidents/CEOs. Now anyone who believes the hype that one day the whole tamale won't be name either 3ABN or AF, then they are fooling themselves. My money's on AF, 3ABN is much too troubled by rumors, true or not. The really only way for it to be called 3ABN is that a thorough house cleaning is down and ALL those of questionable character be sent on their way. AF , on the other hand has an excellent repurtation right now, and DB is known as a man of integrity. As I said Danny needed AF's credibility.......not sure wht AF and DB are getting out of this other than not paying for airtime,a nd 24/7 network.

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 01:46 AM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 22 2007, 03:34 AM
Post #164

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

But DB is building his own church/media center, etc. in Sacramento...........his old church from which he already tapes his show is up for sale. Now, I can see if this was apparently going to change any of that, but as it is, they say it won't I mean I can understand some of it, but that just cant' be all to take on 3ABN and all it's troubles. If it is, God bless them!

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 22 2007, 06:49 AM
Post #165

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 22 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]192423[/snapback]

But DB is building his own church/media center, etc. in Sacramento...........his old church from which he already tapes his show is up for sale. Now, I can see if this was apparently going to change any of that, but as it is, they say it won't I mean I can understand some of it, but that just cant' be all to take on 3ABN and all it's troubles. If it is, God bless them!

It is very difficult for anyone to verify the real reasons for this merger. Just now a friend called and voiced yet another unsubstantiated opinion, which reminds me that BSDA is not a court, but a place where we voice our opinions.

This friend feels that with the new lawyer appearing on the scene Danny fears that the question of Linda's future role in connection with 3ABN could be one of the reasons this proposed merge with Amazing Facts was propelled just now. Why? Because if it is revealed that Linda was wrongfully dismissed in 2004, that destroys Danny's credibility and he looses the face he so desperately tries to exhibit on every program, magazine and web page associated with 3ABN. This is why we see the desperate fight his supporters are still fighting on the Christian Forum or wherever their presence is still allowed. May God have mercy!

Let's pray His will be revealed, and His name glorified, and not a mere political image of . . . !!!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church